Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents:

Redeye vs. Kabuki Fritz vs. Dr. Verthandi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Powers League Presents (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Redeye (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Kabuki (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Who wins?

1. Fritz (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Dr. Verthandi (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Started here and continues here. it's just straight up fighting. Lord Greenwood and the Chaos Spire go into sudden death. Once again we see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

Abandoned Warehouse: Lot's of crates, tall shelving, hiding places, very dark only a few working lights, rickety starway, upstair offices, downstair warehouse area.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

Redeye

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 2 Bo: 2

Invisibility: 1
Hyper-Senses: 1
Creation (Long-Ranged, Area, Multi): 2
Tactician: 2
Marksman: 3
WeaponMaster: 1

Kabuki

St: 1 Ag: 2 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Martial Arts: 2
Reaction Speed: 2
Acrobat: 2
Iron Will: 1
Combat Supremacy: 2
Detective: 1
Induced Sleep: 1

Fight 2

Parking Garage: Four levels of cars, lot's and lot's of cars.

Posted Image vs Posted Image

Fritz

St: 2 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 2

Iron Will: 1
Regeneration: 3
Commander (Ranged/Multi): 3
Tactician: 2

Dr. Verthandi Vizier

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Transformation: 3
Martial Arts: 2
Detective: 2
Acrobat: 2
Combat Supremacy: 3

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

1st Round Winner's Board

Lord Greenwood
The Chaos Spire
Trevor Bornhoft
Midnight City
Hansha
DuB THuMP

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

The first fight would be pretty insane. It's DeoJusto's match up. Both characters have skill sets that make them virtually invulnerable to the other. Redeye,with plenty of cover is a ghost with a power sting. However, if Kabuki hears a bullet anywhere, she's dodging it. Superior Agility, Reaction Speed, and Acrobat takes care of that. I think, in the end, Redeye's superior tactician will win out over Kabuki's standard detective. He'll use the sound of an exploding mine to mask a silence gunshot. Kabuki jumps over the explosion, arches suddenly in the air, and falls dead. Btw, treach. Redeye's marksman is standard. Not Supreme.

Man, Fritz is a long character. Like...really really long. Unfortunately, it does him no favors in this match. Vizier has learned untold amounts of martial arts and has no problem switching from one to the other to make this fight work. What's Supreme Commander when the opponents can weave through groups of people delivering deadly rabbit punches with blinding speed. Eventually, Vizier gets in close enough to take Fritz down.

#4 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Fritz's advantage is his toughness. The guy's a tank, superior body, standard iron will, and supreme regeneration. I'd like to say he could use his guys to set a trap, but superior detective = superior tactician so Vizer could probably weasel out of it. Unless one of his guys get up a lucky shot he can't really catch her. Perhaps if Vizer knows some secret n-azi heart stopping punch it could do him in, but he might just shrug it off.

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Vizier's character is that she knows. She'll figure out what works eventually, even if she has to suffocate him with his own tongue.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

My opinioneth cometh sooneth.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

The Fighters

Redeye is Slade. He is a walking ginsu knife with a brain to match. All-around cookie. His weakness? Not much...that eyeball. He has no real mental defense.

Kabuki. She's fast, highly acrobat, intelligent and an enormous fighter. Very tough cookie. Her weakness? In this match, endurance.

The Fight

These two offset each other beautifully. I mean for everything one has, the other character has a solution.

Martial Arts trumped by Marksman
Combat Supremacy met with Creation
Detective met with tactician

In the long run, I'm going to give it to Redeye. Kabuki has the skill to utterly own Redeye up close, but that's the thing. She has to get up close. She has detective, but Redeye is a better tactician. He stays hidden with invisiblity, sets some traps. Even if she finds him, she has to get close. Her iron will will help that, but eventually her standard endurance will fall short to his superior one. He has more staying power. Winner: Redeye

The Fighters

Fritz is strong and tough. Very tough. Very very tough. Little tank, that guy. Plus, he's got high calibur back up and he's a thinker. Whew. Weakness? Not really noteworthy. His mind is defenseless.

Dr. Vizier has transformed herself into Jesus/Alien Kung Fu master of Death! Plus, she knows what you're thinking and she's jumpy. Weakness, no real strengths in her stats.

The Fight

So, tactician is met with detective. Anything that Fritz can come up with, she's got it figured out. She is going to be fighting a lot of henchmen. Fritz doesn't come across as a hide and seek type, so he might be throwing blows in there with them. However, Vizier can fight her ass off. She is going to be throwing henchmen out of the car port left and right. If Fritz gets hit in the confusion, he's going to have to be hit pretty hard, because his Iron Will/Regeneration/Body combo is just really tough. I see him outlasting her and eventually getting the killing blow in. But, there are going to be a massive pile of henchmen on the floor first. Winner: Fritz

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Upcoming events

At some point, I plan on doing a few bonus (old school vs. new school) matches. Pitting the old HoF characters against the top new characters in a powers battle. Each will have set ups. I also plan on creating set ups for these by either next round or the round after that. There are a lot of new characters and after I finish the roster I have, we'll see who is left and perhaps pit them against each other with the winner of the new batch battling the winner of this batch. I guess that is it.

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Great Golem of Warsaw vs Steel Will!

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators