80 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I am even surprised that sirmethos said slade would lose. I think he's very wrong as anybody else would be.

Wait... Exactly when did I say that Deathstroke would lose?

As far as I know, I haven't commented on the outcome at all.

In fact, the closest I've come, to commenting on the outcome of the fight, is saying that Deathstroke does have the capabilities to take Wolverine down.

#22 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Not to plug my own battle yet the one I posted concering Ultimate Cap vs Ultimate Nick is right up your alley as far as deducing probability. Overall as far as your comments it sure looked like you said something about it that made me think you were supporting wolverine...my mistake.

#23 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Slade is faster, stronger, more agile, smarter, better equipped and more durable.

Wolverine heals faster and is more skilled in hand-to-hand (though Slade is no slouch in this department himself).

Deathstroke wins.

#24 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Deathstroke being faster, is debatable. Though he definitely has faster reflexes.

#25 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm assuming Deathstroke's speed is increased to the same extent as his strength, and since he ripped an airplane door off pretty easily recently, that would make him pretty fast.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm assuming Deathstroke's speed is increased to the same extent as his strength, and since he ripped an airplane door off pretty easily recently, that would make him pretty fast.

Wolverine has superhuman speed as well.

#27 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

True, though I was under the impression he was just a little above peak human in that department.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Meh, try doing a google search for "Wolverine speed feats", or ask people that are far more interested in Wolverine than I am, to give you some examples.

As I said, Deathstroke might be faster, but it's debatable.

#29 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Wolverine's not faster then Deathstroke. Wolverine's speed is being a bit overrated here. Regardless of his mind it still takes a certain speed level to be able to hit Supergirl, take down any of the Flash, keep up with Wonder Woman to a certain degree, and more.

#30 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Slade is not faster and how can you not be that fast and have better reflexes? Your body needs to be that fast to react. So far I hear some comments that well are so bias it's laughable

One is saying that Logan is not a great fighter!
He needs his claws to win haha. Tell that to Batman that needs his gadgets to win, tell that to Slade that needs his weapons, tell that to Iron-fist or Goku

The other is that Logan has no metal to protect his stomach. Um so what? I seen read where Logan is riddled with bullets (yes in the chest) and gutted, he didn't die or get KO. He has been stabbed in the heart, shot in the head, still ticking. If you think a stab in his heart will kill him think again

Another is that Slade is more durable (lol) how is he more durable when we all know Logan heals faster, and has unbreakable bones?
So does Slade magically have metal skin or something?

Lastly Slade has guns and will attack from a distance? So what nothing Slade has will kill Logan and his swords aren't cutting him in half, plus if anyone one of you know anything about combat besides what you see in comics ( a lot of you swear they are the same)
Claws like Logan were really used and used to disarm swordsmans. Same with Sais. So don't give me excuses haha

#31 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Stabbing him in the heart won't kill him permanently, that's true. But it will definitely make him unconscious, essentially putting him into a 'temporary death', while his healing factor fixes his impaled heart. If you leave a knife/dagger inside him, impaling his heart, then he will remain unconscious until the dagger is removed.

It would be easy to simply leave a dagger impaling his heart, while Deathstroke transports him(wolverine) back to S.H.I.E.L.D.

As for Wolverine's skills. He is highly skilled, but he doesn't actually use those skills in combat most of the time, especially not when he's in berserker rage.

#32 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Now that I can agree with, well the part that he won't die, but I can say the same about Deathstroke, that while Logan is being stabbed, makes me assume that he is really close especially since the angle has to be upward or downward, that Logan can be close enough to slice his arms and or head off. I mean, Logan is no slouch, and because he doesn't use a specific karate or kung fu kick, does not make you less of a fighter. Knowing more is doing less, that's a fact. Plus I'm simply saying based on this set up, Slade has decided to make a frontal attack which not even Hulk sometimes finishes fast. Logan is pretty smart and finds weaknesses as he fights as well, and senses and notices things much faster

#33 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

People are acting like Wolverine is some inexperienced novice at fighting. Like even if he got up close he is too slow and harmless to tag Slade. He will be in a berzerk state, that is basically a whirlwind of adamantium blades. Take even a small child and give them 2 knives and have them rapidly slash in front of themselves and try and get close enough to punch them. You pretty much can't avoid getting cut. Now someone with over 100 years of using those knives through countless wars, assassinations and battles where he, for example took on the Fantastic 4, seriously injuring 2 of them (notice they don't have easily exploitable weaknesses like the JLA).

Wolverine will shake off any gunfire in his rage. Slade, not knowing too much about his opponent will stand and fight, as he seems to melee pretty regularly (his MO isn't run and gun in ordinary situations). Both fighters are highly skilled, it's just that Wolverine is more-so, when comparing their respective careers.

Wolverine is clearly more durable with his unbreakable bones, his healing factor is much better, his skill is higher and *** His blades will kill Deathstroke*** whereas the reverse cannot be said.

Simply put, Wolverine can take anything that Slade can dish out. Slade would not know to try and permanently impale his heart.. and even if he tried, getting at the angle required would *certainly* expose himself to a counter attack by Logan.

Further more, the climate and setting of this battle is absolutely in favor of Wolverine, this is his native environment. Once he wounds DS, regardless of his own wounds, DS will bleed out faster and fall first from blood loss and exhaustion.

#34 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yes I think while Slade is great, he is not his best in a frontal assault. The scans everyone has posted show him being sneaky, like tripping flash as he was hiding behind a wall. Logan will be too tough that way, if he sneaks around he increases his chances from 10% to like 20% and that is no small percentage....

#35 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

wolverine kills him deathstroke has no prep and gave wolverine motivation to kill him he is dead by the time he turns away from the girl he has 6 claws stuck through his chest even if he gets to fight back wolverine is going to be beserk which means he will be on par with deathstroke in speed and strength and his regen will be working even faster deathstroke is dead before he changes weapons which he would probably try to shoot logan since he knows nothing about him.

#36 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

It would have been funny if the guy with the Wolverine avatar had said 'Deathstroke wins'.

#37 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

i just changed my avatar i used to have the traveler as my avatar.

#38 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I would like to point out that Deathstroke's new armor for the new 52 is completely made of volatile promethium. It is basically the DC equal to adamantium. Plus it has properties like vibranium is absorbing energy capabilities.

So Wolverine might not even be able to cut through the armor

#39 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I think DS takes this after a protracted fight. If Logan wasn't berserking, though, that'd be much harder to call.

#40 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Slade wins for the following reasons:

1) Better fighter - Wolverine's list of fighters can include Deathstrike, and Mariko's dad, or SIlver Samurai, or DD, or Punisher; his list of conquests however, is grey, instead of black and White. He was on the ropes against these fighters every time (almost) they faced, and it was pretty much one on one. They are at best, hand to hand combatants who go for the jugular, instead of staying 'inner calm' calm, and dropping their opponent with ease with the minutest of movements. DD, by far would be the most 'level headed', and he drew all stops before either losing, pulling a draw, or getting a 'consolation' win.

Stroke's famous one feat puts him above Wolverine immediately: Taking on multiple super powered beings, who are trained to work in tandem, and keeping them on the ropes. These include, the fastest, the ones with reach, the one with utterance effect, the one with slam and drop reflex, the one with marksmanship, the one with a powerful universal weapon. True, he lost in the end, only because he let his 'demons' get in his own way. Whether it was prep, or whether it was not, it is a feat, that even with prep, I can't see folks pull off, without over the top powers. Plus, Deathstroke has bested Batman, on the fly too, not with loads of prep.

2) This fight has been relayed before. Even though folks will come out and say 'non-cannon', please allow me to correct that notion: Cannon might be regular continuity. Non-cannon is 'non-regular, out of continuity' occurrence. That does not allow it to be just discarded. Titans/X-men happened, was penned by scribes from both DC and Marvel, and they decided mutually, or begrudgingly to the outcome of a Titans and X-men charge at Stroke. Stroke downed Wolverine in seconds in that fight, a'la staff strike to the heart, with just enough pressure to cut the blood supply for that precious time, and knock him out. I believe that was only another instant of Stroke taking on a 'team' and out brawling them. It is typical of Stroke, it adds up, and with seemingly 'inferior' fighters with regards to experience, and fighting skills, he trumps them, a correct implication. Hence, I take my cue from there as well. Again, scribes agreed on it, it was not fan vote, and not 'favourism'. He dropped 'Rine before, and did it in typical, convincing fashion.

There are other reasons, but these two will suffice. Deathstroke does not need to 'kill' Wolverine to beat him. Most likely, Wolverine will fight 'out of element' in a rage, and that is the 'window' Stroke needs to lure him close enough, avert the initial Wolverine rush or salvo, take in the info. and then decide that this beat ain't going down with a kill stroke, but can be brought down with a little strike to the heart. Nothing stops him there.
- He is a more articulate figher
- Better hand to hand fighter
- Better reflex oriented fighter
- better defensive fighter
- Able to use more than 85% of his brain while in heat of combat
That last point? No other fighter in marvel or DC boasts it. Not to be underestimated by any degree, and rather an overwhelming factor against Wolverine going in this fight. Brains over brawn, savvy and improvisation over rage and adrenaline. A no show for Wolverine.
Stroke wins.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badass, DC, Marvel, Bloodlusted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users