Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents:

Lord Greenwood vs. Holocene/ Legion vs. The Chaos Spire

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Lord Greenwood (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Holocene (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Who wins?

1. Legion (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. The Chaos Spire (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Started here and continues here. it's just straight up fighting. Scream and Bornhoft go into sudden death. I reset the poll. First to vote decides the winner on their match. And Midnight City move on. Let's see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

Shopping Center Parking Lot: Lot's of cars, shopping carts, big shopping center nearby, couple of trees, concrete and a nearby street.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

Lord Greenwood

St: 3 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Phasing: 1
Transformation: 3
Wall Crawling: 1
Elongation: 2
Regeneration: 3

Holocene

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Teleportation: 3
Reaction Speed: 3
Combat Supremacy (Area/Multi): 3
Telepathy: 2

Fight 2

Somewhere over the Navajo Desert: It's hot and in the air.

Posted Image vs Posted Image

Legion

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 2 Bo: 1

Berserker: 2
Energy Body: 3
Flight: 2
Growth: 1
Eldritch Energy: 3

The Spire

St: 3 Ag: 0 Mi: 0 Bo: 3

Creation (Multi): 3
Polymorph (Ranged): 3
Flight: 1
Invisibility: 1

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Greenwood takes the first one by sneaking a brain eating bug into Holocene's ear. He is a place and all the bugs within it. I don't even know how, concieveably, Holocene could do any damage.

The second one goes to the Spire. Legion turns into a big fire monster. The Chaos Spire turns upside down and dumps him in the ocean.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks mystery voter on the previous match. Bornhoft moves on to the next round.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Also yeah, first initial viewing says that Holocene is way out of his league here.

Second: Legion is Eldritch energy, not fire. Ocean dump means next to nothing, but to piss them off. Next, he can fly, so yeah...not dump. Last, The Spire has no real mind. It's pure chaotic sentient crazy. It won't think to do a tactical move such as that.

But, I'll post my thoughts later as usual.

#5 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Looking purely at the powers(i.e. what is posted in this thread), Holocene has a pretty clear win against Lord Greenwood. Since none of the powers listed for Greenwood will protect him against Telepathy.

I haven't voted so far, but looking purely at the info given here, it's a pretty clear victory.

Not sure about Legion and Spire.

#6 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Holocene's telepathy won't take him too far. He may be able to read GreenWoods mind but once he turns into a million little flesh eating bugs it'll be a different story.

I don't view anybody vs. the Spire as a fair match up. It's really like as powerful as you can get without intending to be.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Must make analysis.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Fight 1 - Lord Greenwood vs. Holocene

So, Holocene reminds me of Nightcrawler. He's fast, teleports and with his telepathy always a step ahead of his opponent. He is an incredible fighter too. His weakness? Still basically human.

Now Greenwood is most definitely not human. He is nature. Nature always trumps humanity in the end.

The Fight

I don't see anything Holocene can do to stop Greenwood's attack. He can anticipate and deal with phasing, elongation and wall crawling due to his telepathy, but can't anticipate what Greenwood will transform into and can't do anything about him constantly regenerating any injuries. There are trees in the parking lot. Greenwood is a tree. Holocene teleports close by a tree to escape some sort of swarm attack and is immediately thonked on the head with a Strength 3 branch, while he's not paying attention to the harmless tree. Holocene has nothing that can hurt Greenwood, but vica versa. Winner: Greenwood

Fight 2 - Legion vs. the Chaos Spire

Legion and the Chaos Spire are beasts. Both of them are nigh invulnerable hulks. I buit them that way on purpose. The Spire's strength is being a massively gigantic landmass that can turn into nearly anything. It's weakness? No mind to speak of. No tactics. No thinking.

Legion however has a mind. Lots of them. They are all crazy. He too is a hulk due to growth and berserker. With his energy body, you'd have to really do a lot of snuffing to get this guy down.

The Fight

This is a battle of attrition. The Spire's body stat represents its stamina. It is a rock, soil and God knows what else landmass. Therefore, it's going to take a while to tear it apart and down. Not to mention polymorph, which allows it to change shape and appearance. Legion has the strength and the power to do it, but not the endurance. Body 1 means that he'll tire out first. The Spire is going to be hurtling rocks, sending weird tendrils, biting with teeth and if Legion goes inside the Spire (Legion is a little smarter, so perhaps he'll think that he can go inside the Spire and do some damage), he's going to get attacked by his (Dr. Odierno's) own creations. Those nasty cryptids that are just wandering around aimlessly in the lower levels. Plus, inside will leave him completely trapped, because once you are inside that polymorphing Spire, it's going to be hard going to get out again. winner: Chaos Spire

#9 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ah, I'm too used to thinking of "telepathy", as a more versatile thing that simple mind-reading.

If I'd know that it was just mind-reading, my analysis of the fight would have been different.

#10 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Don't forget treach, Holocene is Nightcrawler with Spidey's reflexes. *EDIT: Greenwood is strong but comparatively slow. No one's hurting anyone in this fight.

#11 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Don't forget treach, Holocene is Nightcrawler with Spidey's reflexes. Holocene is strong but comparatively slow. No one's hurting anyone in this fight.

It might be because I'm extremely tired and about to pass out, but I'm confused...

#12 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I derped.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

End Match: Lord Greenwood and The Chaos Spire continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users