Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents:

The Power Tournament Global Battles

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Power League Battles Presents (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins in a Fight?

1. Zone (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. DuB THuMP (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Who wins in a fight?

1. Bronx Sniper (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Hansha (5 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

I've done this before, but originally I did set ups. This time, it's just straight up fighting. I'm going to tournament bracket these guys and see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

Arena (colosseum): 6 acres (261,360 Sq ft), 12 stories, 615 ft long, 510 ft wide with retractable awning (awning is open)

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

The Zone

St: 3 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 3

Emotion Control: 1
Flight: 2
Regeration: 2
Induced Sleep: 1

DuB THuMP (Wubwubwub)

St: 1 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Hyper Senses: 1
Martial Arts: 2
Reflection: 3
Telekinesis: 3
Power Manipulation: 1

Fight 2

Arena (City street intersection): Cars, office buildings and all the trappings of a regular city street. Both combatants start the match hidden somewhere on opposite sides of the street.

Posted Image vs Posted Image
Bronx Sniper

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

P Weapon (Long Ranged): 1
Marksman (X's 5): 1
Invisibility: 1
C Supremacy (Area/Seeker): 3

Hansha

St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Hyper Senses (Eyes): 1
Hyper Senses (Ears): 1
Hyper Senses (Nose): 1
Hyper Senses (Touch): 1
Telekinesis (Ranged/Multi-Attack): 1
Combat Supremacy: 2
Duplication: 3
Martial Arts: 1

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Zone vs. DuB THuMP

First things first, emotion control and induced are all but useless in this match unless DuB is a hot lady beneath that mask. Zone’s real strength - Flight speed, strength, agility and regeneration. The guy is Cannonball (X-Force). Virtually indestructible, fast and hard hitting. His weakness in this fight is his lack of fighting skill.

DuB THuMP however has that in spades, plus a very wicked menagerie of powers. His weakness here is overall strength and durability. If he gets hit, he’s dead.

The Fight

With DuB’s agility (3) and Reflection (3), I see him having the ultimate combo for easily avoiding Zone’s flying attacks. Zone isn’t a tactician, so I see him rushing in to end this quickly. Reflection + Telekinesis + Power Manipulation sees DuB doing some pretty nasty crap to Zone’s incoming attack. Think Aikido with DuB using Zone’s own momentum against him (Combat Supremacy). Plus, with DuB’s hyper senses, Zone will never get the drop on him. Zone’s durability and regeneration is going to allow him to absorb a lot of this damage, but I see him eventually getting worn down if DuB doesn’t tire out or get caught with a lucky one first. Winner: DuB

Bronx Sniper vs. Hansha

Sniper is probably one of the best snipers, if not the best sniper in the world. With that level of marksman, plus invisibility, he’s a ghost that can pick off his enemies with ease. His weakness in this match - Unarmed Combat.

Hansha’s weakness becomes his strength, nothing can hide from this guy. Every sense is enhanced. I’ve seen in the FPL fights, people say that if you remove reflective things, he’s helpless. I’m not sure if they’ve noticed the plethora of enhanced senses this guy has. Regardless, He’s far from helpless without his eyes. Weakness – long range combat.

The Fight

I’m seeing Hansha’s enhanced senses cancelling out Sniper’s invisibility. There will be no hiding. Whereas, Hansha can hide without a problem. Why? Sniper would do well to have Hyper Senses (Eyes) being a sniper and all. With that said, he’s a great shot, but he has plain vision. So the advantage goes to Hansha, who stays hidden and uses the multiple reflective surfaces (shop windows, car mirrors + Duplication) to attack Bronx with telekinetic attacks from afar as well as using the distraction to get in close for a hand to hand beat down. Snipers only advantage would be if Sniper were extremely far away to a point that Hansha could not get a bead on him nor get to him soon enough to avoid being spotted. Winner: Hansha (But of course, I’m probably biased)

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I missed these, but I miss the set ups a little more than the actual fighting. I'll put who I think will win in a bit.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Probably when it gets down to the semi-finals or finals I'll start writing some set ups. Too many matches right now. It takes a while just to create the freakin post.

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm giving the first one to Dub for the simple fact that a brawler like The Zone isn't gonna be able to get a bead on him. That Supreme Agility along with a reflection - The Zone's gonna be punished hard for playing against the beat. TK and Power Manip are just gravy.

Hansha takes the second one easy. Once he's in a mirror of any kind, this match is done. Because what will sniper do? If he shoots one mirror, he makes at least ten more. Hansha finds him with four Hyper Senses and then bee-lines toward his from mirror to mirror until he's staring up at the Bronx Sniper through the shiny, reflective metal on the barrel of his rifle.

#6 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Pseudonym hates me =(

#7 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

That said: every character of the Rookie's would wipe the floor with Winston Little. No contest. :)

#8 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

:lol:

Pseudo made a good point about the Bronx Sniper vs. Hansha, though. He could even find a reflection on his weapon and that would be his downfall.

I think Zone would win the first however. He's just too strong and durable. It wouldn't take many of his strikes to take out Dub.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

I swear you guys suck. 2 votes and three comments. I'm going to go join the CBUB. Speaking of which, let me go complain on my tournament thread too!

#10 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Que? You've got a bunch of comments on here. I'm counting five
(PS, I just voted)

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

A bunch of comments? Pseudonym and Darkender. Votes? 2 + U. Also one of the votes is mine.

We reading the same thread.

#12 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Treach you should be use to this by now. Stop being a baby. :P This is good for FPL. lol

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

It's my party and I'll cry (and eat this other baby) if I want to.

Posted Image

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Well, screw it. The four of us will just have to decide who is the rootin'est, tootin'est, roughin'est, toughin'est fightin' type Global character of them all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Power Tournament, Global Battles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users