• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 iceeater24

iceeater24

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Movies,sports,and other stuff.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Finnaly Square Pickle , someone who agrees with me for once!

#42 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Spelling errors for the loss.

#43 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Spelling errors aside, I think the point was made. Mission accomplished.

#44 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

First the setup: This doesn't belong in the Matches board, it belongs with the Rumbles. If you can't be bothered using a spell-check(that comes automatically with most browsers), then expect to get flak about it. Next we have the information given, which is extremely lacking. The setup doesn't tell us which 'version' of Goku we're dealing with here. Going from the setup, it could be anywhere from shortly after Namek, to the end of the series. Information that has a large impact on the outcome of the match. Same thing for the Hulk. From the setup, it's either Professor Hulk, or any of the WWH-storyline versions of Hulk.

Then we have the characterization, while Goku is relatively close(not that that takes a lot of effort), he is still off. Hulk on the other hand, is way off. You have in a later post, said that we are dealing with the Savage Hulk, but the Hulk in the setup is shown to be relatively intelligent, enough to form coherent, if short, sentences. Which is something that Savage Hulk is not capable of.

All in all, it gets an F.

As for the match(Goku from around the fight with Cooler, vs. Savage Hulk). It's kinda like the matches we had earlier, with Black Adam, only in reverse. Goku is so much faster than Hulk that it's not even funny, Hulk will never lay a finger on him. The only(minimal) chance Hulk has of winning, is if the fight drags way out. With Hulk getting more and more enraged, he would (eventually)reach a point where nothing Goku could do would actually damage him, and Goku would get tired. But the chances of that happening are almost 0.

Way uneven stomp match. If it was actually possible, this would pull the rating of the match down even further.

#45 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

He's a rookie. We should rape his score card until his 2nd match. Like I said to him, 1st crap setup is a free pass because you dont "get it" yet. Anymore Rumble setups, or crap stories and it time to get judged like a veteran.

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Don't has an apostrophe in it, you know.

"it time to get judged like a veteran?"

No, that doesn't work.

"It is time to get judged like a veteran."

#47 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Don't has an apostrophe in it, you know. "it time to get judged like a veteran?" No, that doesn't work. "It is time to get judged like a veteran."

You do realise that being a CBUB Judge means for matches right? Not random comments? Just checking... Ive already explained that I dont give a big enough damn about EVERY single comment I write to care about whether or not you can crack the code between "Dont" and "Don't". Since you waisted your time correcting the comment that was only difficult for you (and you alone) to translate, then I clearly didnt screw it up too bad.

#48 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

You do realize(with a z) that CBUB veterans(like you claim to be) should be familiar with the very easy program called spell check. You got it right? Just checking, I've(with an apostrophe) already explained that, as a supposed veteran, you should lead by example. If you don't care enough about your comments, why should iceeater care about his matches?

Come off it. You make it sound like taking two seconds to double check your work is too much for you. I didn't waste(not waiste) time translating, I spent the time teaching some guy with delusions of grandeur how easy it is to look like an idiot.

#49 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

You really spell check ALL of your comments? I know this line has been used to death on the internet, but get a life Nova. Seriously... Between work, watching my kid, and things that dont revolve around the internet, I could care less if you have a problem with me not using a spell check on comments you can obviously read without it. Im not trying to pass an english test, Im writing quick comments on a website I use maybe a few hours a week. So if you want to use spell check every sentence between cooking pot pies and watching reruns of Dragon Ball Z thats fine, but as I have explained 50 times, my computer doesnt (without the friggin aposterphy, cuz f*** you) have a spell check. So no, not a 2 second process for me. I use a work laptop to get on CBUB and Im not going to add anything to it to please you. I have to go all the way to Yahoo answers to spell check my matches. So no, EVERY comment is not worth the hastle to me. Why dont you lead by example Mr. Admin, and not be a douche bag for the sake of being a douche bag? Im here to judge matches and write matches. Anything else, I dont give much of a damn about. Especially average comments.

#50 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

GRAMMAH NAZEE

#51 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Exacley.

#52 Guest_DSkillz_*

Guest_DSkillz_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Okay, so... what happened while I was out? Oh, yeah, the usual. :D

Welcome to the CBUB once again, iceeater, where a month can't go by without a least a few flamewars in DBZ-themed matches. Just used to it, because it will get old quickly.

#53 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

This was a flamewar? :o

Pfft nothing like the old days.

#54 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

Didnt mean to start a flame war DS. I will make exceptions for guys like Nova and silversurfer though. The whole "we act like trolls, but are secretly rebelious EF patriots with hearts of gold" act gets on my nerves. There is no excuse for an Admin to flame users who just try to give new writers advice. Obviously Nova has a problem with me from my 2007-08 days, and is just trying to start crap for the sake of starting a flame war. I know the powers that be will rid me from the site long before Nova because of my past here, so I try not to take it too far. Still Id expect more from a guy who (somehow) got the rank of Admin. I will continue to spell some words wrong during a quick comment, simply because they will continue to not be worth the time to care about. He took 3 shots at me before I started flaming him back, Id just like to point that out.

#55 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

This was a flamewar? :o Pfft nothing like the old days.

In the old days I got banned. :P

#56 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Whether things start looking like a YouTube comments page or people argue in circles in a more civil manner, the fact that it seems to happen most often in DBZ-themed matches here is old. But carry on.

#57 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Its a statistical fact that DBZ matches have the biggest flame feuds, yes. Not sure why. This could happen on ANY other match... Yet its always DBZ. Wierd.

#58 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
D Oft-done matchup, so-so story, several grammar problems and bunched into a block of text.
F
F
SCORE
Son Goku: 46
The Hulk: 29
FPA: 0.7

#59 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

For the record, I didn't take shots at you for the lulz. I took shots at you for purporting to be a veteran, for purporting to be what the noobs should look up to. If you don't care about how you type, why should anyone else care about what you type?

For a guy who claims to be a vet, he certainly has more in common with the noobs. I expect more from a CBUB match judge, but hey, what you going to do, it is the CBUB after all. Is it so bad that I want to try and improve the CBUB, by getting on your ass and telling you to take the two damn seconds it takes to download a spell check off the internet? You really have no excuse on your end.

For all your talk of raping his scorecard to improve his writing ability...and you're calling me out on being a troll and a flamer? Oh boy...

I am trying to lead by example, you hypocrite, by striving to improve the CBUB in more ways than one. I want FPLers to come and see awesome matches by the CBUB just like you, but I don't want them to be put off by the fact that CBUBers type like 2nd graders on a good day on random comments.

I guess you're too busy to take those two seconds to download a spell check(there are so many) and I understand that. What I don't understand is that apparently you have the time to read and critique matches as a CBUB match judge, which is good. One takes 2 seconds, another takes 10+ minutes....hypocrisy, perhaps?

#60 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

lol I love Nova. No homo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users