10 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Apple had now gained quite a reputation in that small town in which he resided. With this, came an amount of enemies. Two travelers in particular wanted to get rid of him very, VERY, badly. One was a retired psychic who has nightmares of the fruit, and a mobster who can't have such a mockery in his territory. Both traveled enough to know nearly every rumor and legend in the world, and frequented Los Angeles quite often. That being said, it wasn't hard to hear of a very… boring man who lived there, and thought that the Apple would meet his match in the man.

"Hey, Hey bandits! Where are we going?" Said Apple, aboard a plane with his two kidnappers.

"Los Angeles you fool" replied the mobster.

"We're going to get lost!? Whats the fun in that!?" Apple wondered aloud.

"No not a lost, Los!" Replied the mobster angrily

"Ignore him, Tony, we're here" Muttered the psychic.

Here would be above a run-down area in Los Angeles, where one could easily draw a crowd and watch thugs fight. Upon being dumped into a sack and thrown out of the plane, Apple screamed "Wow, I didn't know you had so much baggage!".
Miraculously, we landed on a sofa and rolled out. The first thing his eyes laid upon was a drab-looking man, appearing quite bored.

"Hey, Hey weird guy!" shouted Apple, receiving a stare. "Why are you so bored? "

Seeing potential amusement in this fruit, the man sent a weak mind attack to gauge this new individual.

"You're an apple, Hhahahah!" Was what he received. In response to this, the man decided to have as much fun as he possibly could and began a full assault.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Learn More About
The Annoying Apple
Origination: Natural
Alignment: Villain
Team: Solo Villain

Edward Yore
Origination: Eldritch
Alignment: Villain
Team: Solo Villains

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Copyright infringement?

#4 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Looks like copyright infringement to me. Not even a parody. Looks like they copied the Orange's shtick and renamed it an Apple.

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

:o

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

And dead.

#7 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Not for nothing but I haven't found an official "copyright" for orange.. and I looked. If someone could show me where it says I can't use make an alternate timeline of Orange. I have seen many annoying apple videos out there

#8 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

You didn't create The Annoying Orange. It's as simple as that.

It's one thing to mention copyrighted things in your writing, but you can't submit a character into the FPL that was created by someone else. There's room for parodies and the like, but everything I saw about The Annoying apple was you taking Orange jokes and changing one or two words. That isn't parody, that's just slapping a different name onto someone else's stuff.

Your other character is fine as far as I can tell, but yeah, no Annoying Apple. You can do better than that.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

When Landon says you can do better than that, he's referring to originality. FPL is about characters that are specifically yours. You want to do an alternate reality copyrighted character, go do CBUB. Culwych does it all the time. But here, the characters need to be 100% you.
...and I really wish everyone would stop with this "show me the rule" stuff. I know that happened once and caused a big hubbub, but if the two Admins on the site tell you something, that officially becomes the rule. Trust us, we won't lead you down the wrong path even if my name is treacherous. You create that character and you are going to lose A LOT (Well, at least four times until it's disabled). You want, I can enable it and you'll find out if I'm right.

#10 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

And even if it's not against the rules (Which it is), it won't work. It simply won't work here at all. This character will be fatalitied in every match he's in until you delete it.

#11 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Match Final Results
Edward Yore Won a match against The Annoying Apple
8 to 2
Overpowering Win ... Brutal Loss: Fame points doubled!
The Annoying Apple: -50 fame points
Edward Yore: 50 fame points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users