- Simple answer to the outclassing thing:
1) Greater feats - Inherently putting the universe at stake, changing it forever; singlehandedly standing upto his own maker (Of course, you are debating both, I am only stating them, again), but the next one is the one that I have been arguing on, and you really don't have a footing on:
2) Much much shorter list of embarassments and fallibilities (Most of these happened while Surfer was well, pure Surfer)
Also, speeding off, improvising, and speeding back with big guns intact? Not beside Seid and Thanos' decimating the landscape. Plus, you really think that Thanos won't see or expect that? (even if Seid doesn't right away) These are two devious beings who don't go into battles half cocked.
- As for LT and Source comparisons again, the Voice also doesnot interject into the affairs of the regular universe. Having no 'set feat' doesnot an excuse make. Can you perhaps show an instant or scribe comment that states that LT can spawn life, design, re-design, annihilate it? I know you can't, because there isn't an instant like that. Once again, Source creates, empowers, decides, judges, re-fashions, raises etc. He is not subject to jursidictions in his universe, LT is. Plus, the Source, per Starlin, in present state is not what 'he or it was'. It is reinvented, improvised and therefore the drastic steps to erase the 'New Gods' and establish another domain. Some set comments of the past publications even saw it as more of a creator, that did same, then observed only. Newer published content and relative comments bordered around the Source's shift in plan, and gradual interjection in events, along with a more conscious, amped up method. This is not the old world Source. This is a Source that was either metamorphosized for the New Gods. I know again, you probably won't see it that way, but simply looking at the events of then and now, begins putting the pieces together.
Again, Force, I am only looking at history, feats, aversion of pitfalls, and of course, primarily, Thanos' and Surfer's tainted, PIS ridden history. These are things you could conjecture on, but not deny or see it your way.
- Again, you name two entities, that I just don't see as stronger than a 100% Galactus. I think bro Sirmethos explained it quite well. I will add to it: The two who lost, and are 'mis-interpretted in terms of power' are not as smart either, not by miles, as are Seid and Thanos, especially together. Again, you underestimate brains, and either refuse, or missed covering all angles.
- Being shot in the arm is a completely different story. That is impairment to muscle, tendons. Getting blasted on an impervious hide is quite another. I am sure, Surfer had use of all his 'schematics' in all of his outings.
@Sirmethos- I'm fairly certain the Primordial Gods were directly stated to be stronger than Galactus, which would make them stronger than Eternity as well.
1. They really don't have greater feats. Besides, you haven't refuted the point that Surfer's stated capabilities are much stronger.
2. Please, the next time Omnipotent Thanos doesn't get trounced by his own inability to win, or Darkseid avoids a defeat at the hands of superman, then tell me about embarrassments. What you're doing is taking the best feats of Thanos and Darkseid and the worst of surfer's and comparing them. Surfer has a few bad showings which are complete PIS. But so do those two, Surfer's are more well known because of how incredibly ridiculous they are.
What are they going to do if Surfer speeds off? Chase after him? Besides, like I said before, he doesn't need concentration to use his cosmic awareness.
Source has a number of other beings more powerful than he is. The LT only has one. The Source answers to the Presence, the Old Gods were able to severely hurt it. noone's ever hurt the LT, no one has ever stood up to it. Again, show me evidence that Source is higher on the cosmic hierarchy than the LT is. You won't, because he's not. It doesn't matter if the LT has used his power or not, he's still more powerful. Also, compared to the OAA, the Voice is more active, taking a direct role in Spectre comics, resurrecting the JSA, The LT is the judge of all realities, he has created and destroyed universes at will. He was about to do it to the 616 Universe in Strange Tales 157, but Dr. Strange convinced him to spare the universe.
That's because in a straight up fight, planning ability doesn't count for nearly anything. In a face up with 100% Galactus where Dakrseid can't use any outside power, Darkseid is going to lose no matter how smart he is.
It doesn't matter, a dude afflicted with malaria and who is near death with a fever isn't going to be as strong as a full, healthy man, no matter what kind of desperation he has. Like I said before, none of the feats you mentioned were done at near death. He was severely weakened, there's simply no getting around that. You're trying to put up a bullshit argument to discount a perfectly valid feat, I could come up with something similar for Darkseid or Thanos' feats.