104 replies to this topic

#41 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'll see if I can dig up the issue number for you :) don't have the comic readily available to take scans/screenshots atm

#42 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Actually, I said Surfer outclasses both in power without the Crunch. He can increase any one of his attributes- strength, durability, speed, etc. to almost infinite levels through the power cosmic. Besides the whole fact that he can just make radon, which no one has refuted yet.

On a side note, Surfer completely controls the power cosmic flowing within him, so no, Darkseid can't do that. Nice try though.

Yeah, too bad he didn't beat The Source. Surfer "stood up" to beings stronger than Galactus. He was still defeated in the end until he got The Crunch and beat them. Darkseid couldn't beat The Source even with outside aid.

If I just ask certain simple questions, the discussion will really be moot bro, but since that path has been tread, I will forgo it.

1) Surfer amping up his strength, speed, still didn;t help him against Thanos did it? The time when you could mention Surfer upped Thanos would be a time Thanos would not be at 100%. Didn't Thanos just laugh off Surfer's full force on blast and continued with his casual speech? At the point he wasn't even trying. Of course, you could always cite an instance where Thanos ducked Surfer, simply to 'fool' him and not waste time. While part of it is nonsensical writing, part of it is pure power comparison. Are you actually trying to imply that Surfer is routinely more powerful than Thanos? Or are you trying to work around the facts to bring in a more subtle and 'mixed' approach to make things to and fro? If you are doing the latter, then it won't work bro. If you are saying, that Surfer is not more powerful than Thanos as is generally perceived in the Marvel Universe, but he has these powers and that ability, and could pull it off; that is not working bro. Superman
2) Darkseid had no 'outside' help against the Source. You are not even beginning to comprehend the situation here. The source, per Kirby, could simply unravel his 'make', or 'uncreate' it. That is a luxury not even Galactus has. Galactus borrows from creation to improvise, the Source creates. Making the Source underestimate him is to me PIS ladden, but since it happened, I accept it. Seid stood upto an opponent that the Surfer never has, Stronger than Galactus, not as good as Source.

3) Create Radon? Control the power cosmic? Amp up powers? Sure. What use is it if there is little to show for it? From what I know Surfer has always been a two bit player in every Thanos storyline. And please bro, don't even begin by telling me he decimated that huge unknown lame fleet, and that huge celestial. The Surfer's repeated embarassments are only to one side in 'battle terms'. He has never credibly trumped Thanos.

I will try to establish a sense of reason here, if I can:

Ex: I could say that Zatanna has the power to alter 'any reality' by speaking the intended name of the target backwards. That doesn't mean she has reached that potential. Technically, she is the single most powerful foe to anyone then. By merely speaking the word backwards, Surfer or Darkseid, or Thanos would just be a chicken, or an egg. While it has worked on and off, truth is she has never implied it. Why? Simple. Mental block, self imposed. It is her character that makes her a more 'level' hero in comparison to others, and leaves room for stories and possibilites.

Ex: Superman could traverse earth in seconds, can hear a heartbeat across the planet, if he wants to. If he always did, he would simply put, be the most powerful being on the planet. He is only called that without justification and in terms of sttrength, or speed. His other senses are taken for granted and overlooked. That doesn't mean that he always uses them. Reason is simple" mental block. His character is just not that.

Bro, there are degrees. You are trying to seperate Surfer from what he is and what he can do. Roll it into one package, and in more realistic terms, you have a character than is more of an underacheiver and awfully reluctant fighter than a tactician or fighter. Just ask Hulk, or Panther, or Rulk, or Skaar's forces, or Panther again... you know what I mean.

How did they show he dealt with his 'erosion disease' or Galactus' approach to earth, or Thanos' plan in acquiring the gems? Not too good I believe. He was disoriented easily, confused, and easily let these situations or easily got side tracked, fooled, and rather quickly sidelined. Panther insulted him twice. Don;t even begin telling me Panther used that contraption or that PIS angle. I accept once, but twice yet? You want to tell me otherwise? If you do, you will only be sggesting that we look past history, feats, character, and just land upon granted powers and then gauge the battle. That's not the way it works bro, and not sure that's the way you intend it.

Seid and Thanos are a combo here, miles ahead of Surfer in smarts. Even in terms of the power they weild together and even if I subtract it somewhat, and in terms of the old adage 'brains over brawn', Surfer doesn't have a prayer bro.

Again, in the interest of the match, Manhattan would have been a bigger threat, since he unravels (a notch just below the Source in terms of authority granted in creation or balance of things) with but a thought. It would be a closely fought battle with him directly in that mix. He just rearranges atoms, neutrinos, and said 'God particle' by mere conjecture. His pointing and motions are merely 'human' mental blocks. Alsa, mental blocks stop him too. I am only (saying this for the upteenth time too) going by writer comments and given history, and doing the math, while leaving room for own conjecture. His mental blocks will stop his advancement. Only in the most remote, most improbable chance that Seid and Thanos are 'casually' stumbling upon conquest, will he actually stop them.
His seeing the future didn't stop the invasion, or the decimation of the team, in essence. He saw it coming, he saw it unfold, and walked away. What makes this time any different? If anything, I would give the benefit of doubt to him, because his powers nature trump many others even more powerful foes, unless there is a block that he doesn't comprehend, like a make or composition so out if his knowledge that he is flabbergasted. In that, the reason that Seid and Thanos have both been labelled beings unique in various realities, will probably, work for them too.

Sorry bro. Manhattan is a non-factor my default. Surfer is a non-factor by history, probability and feats.

#43 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

well played sir

#44 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

-snip a bunch of bullshit-

I don't understand why you keep bringing Thanos and Surfer up. Thanos blocked that hit because his speech, and that whole confrontation sapped Surfer's confidence, this was still when he was new to the power cosmic. And you make it seem as if Thanos beats Surfer on a regular basis or something, heads up, he doesn't. Also, I like how you ignore the fact that Surfer completely demolished Thanos in battle. I don't think you understand the power of a 100% Galactus, he is part of the Living Trubunal, second only to complete Omnipotence in the form of the OAA. These beings that I'm referring to were STRONGER than Galactus, and they couldn't even break Surfer's skin. Moreover, Surfer found a way to defeat them in the end. Did Darkseid? I didn't think so. BESIDES, Darkseid didn't face the Source with his own power either, he drew upon the souls of the New Gods in the second source wall, this is also how Orion was able to defeat him, because Orion was able to tap into the same power. Also, The source is not omnipotent, it was fractured in half by the old gods. Also, superman intervened on behalf of the source, if Darkseid was so damn powerful, why couldn't he defeat superman while The Source deployed Orion?

What the hell are you talking about? Surfer has shown all of these abilities on multiple ocassions. Have you ever even read the actual Surfer comic book? And yes, he has totally credibly trumped Thanos before, I refer to my above example of him completely destroying him on the physical and astral plane. Also, I concede that Surfer would be outwitted in a prolonged battle between Thanos and Seid where they had time to plan, but this is a straight up fight, and if Surfer's game, the two opponents are going down hard.

Also, stop calling me bro.

#45 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

I don't understand why you keep bringing Thanos and Surfer up. Thanos blocked that hit because his speech, and that whole confrontation sapped Surfer's confidence, this was still when he was new to the power cosmic. And you make it seem as if Thanos beats Surfer on a regular basis or something, heads up, he doesn't. Also, I like how you ignore the fact that Surfer completely demolished Thanos in battle. I don't think you understand the power of a 100% Galactus, he is part of the Living Trubunal, second only to complete Omnipotence in the form of the OAA. These beings that I'm referring to were STRONGER than Galactus, and they couldn't even break Surfer's skin. Moreover, Surfer found a way to defeat them in the end. Did Darkseid? I didn't think so. BESIDES, Darkseid didn't face the Source with his own power either, he drew upon the souls of the New Gods in the second source wall, this is also how Orion was able to defeat him, because Orion was able to tap into the same power. Also, The source is not omnipotent, it was fractured in half by the old gods. Also, superman intervened on behalf of the source, if Darkseid was so damn powerful, why couldn't he defeat superman while The Source deployed Orion?

What the hell are you talking about? Surfer has shown all of these abilities on multiple ocassions. Have you ever even read the actual Surfer comic book? And yes, he has totally credibly trumped Thanos before, I refer to my above example of him completely destroying him on the physical and astral plane. Also, I concede that Surfer would be outwitted in a prolonged battle between Thanos and Seid where they had time to plan, but this is a straight up fight, and if Surfer's game, the two opponents are going down hard.

Also, stop calling me bro.

Hmmm, temper. Not good for a fellow feretter. We have walked down this path before where you brought 'personal' into your posts. I will try to remember not to call you bro. Just a habit of giving respect. You don't want it, fine. Lets both be happy.

Kindly quote 'instances' where Surfer 'demolished' Thanos. Conditions: Thanos should be sans conflictions, at 100%, fully in control of what he is doing. Also, kindly quote example how he demolished a foe stronger, more powerful than him. What you are saying is anti-logic. You will see what i mean when you begin stating how it happened. Remember, no extras, no tweaks, no conlflictions. Ex: Surfer getting trounced by Rulk: Pure fight without complications or 'extras'.

I am not agreeing on Galactus and Source power comparison. Show me 1 instant, where Living Tribunal, or Galactus created an entire universe of super powered beings, or a feat equal to it, and we will go from there. I know there is none, but you go ahead and establish it for all to see right here. Remember, don't give me some lame opponents, give me credible ones, who are more powerful then Galactus, and feats to match. If one or other is missing, don't bother to state, but do mention so that you didn't because one or the other piece of info. was missing.

As for your concerns about Seid and Superman. Haven't we already spoken about DC PIS, that Seid can't kill Superman or any kryptonian, for that matter? DC has never explained it too. All that was explained to give Seid some credibility was that on the outset or backdrop, Seid would often harbor plans not to destroy Superman. Also, are you implying Seid has never beaten Superman? The you are wrong.

Seid drawing from the Source wall is his given ability, not an 'extra'. The New Gods are attached to the Source wall, they are 'powered' by it. Also, another instance of PIS is, with derved "New Gods'" souls, any New God doing so would be nighg Perhaps you should read the comic(s) 'carefully'. Moreso, try to visit one of the conventions on a casual basis, and try and speak with a scribe. It will drive you batty, the range of explanations they open when they give an account of a bygone tale.

In a capsule: Galactus or Tribunal are not 'God', or even 'Demi-God'. They are not 'architects, creators, empowerers or 'sustainers'. That means they are notches below somthing that has powered 'Demi-Gods'. Sorry, that is not a good enoug comparison. Now that is only mentioned again, as you sounded your concern again. And what was the thing you said about Superman intervening on behalf of the Source? You do know what that will apply to a layman just listening? So where is this 'extra' help you are talking about? Did Seid have a partner, a power-up? No. What he did have was a concotion, fully derived by him, in line with the dictates of his character, and powered by his 'life force' with a tinge of anti-life only as an expiremental edge. He didn;t even use it.

Go ahead and enlighten us. (Oops, really, typing this instead of the bro I almost called you). !-)

#46 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Oh my God, you guys really need to get laid.

Have any you ever kissed a girl?

#47 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Oh my God, you guys really need to get laid.

Have any you ever kissed a girl?

this coming from a guy who is on here more than Echo.

back on topic there is not much more that can be diporven about your statements that baneblade hasnt already covered. Game match point. Winner Seid and Thanos

#48 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Seriously, baneblade reminds me of this:

Only with DC and Marvel instead of Star Trek.

#49 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Seriously, baneblade reminds me of this:
Only with DC and Marvel instead of Star Trek.

It could just be he really knows his stuff. He seems to look a little more deeply into the characters and feats than some on here. Some people say "oh well Drax punched through Thanos and killed him so he is super unbeatable" or see one feat and completely blow things out of proportion for a characters not knowing the circumstances of the feat.

Not all and Im not saying you but other members on here that I have seen

#50 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

this coming from a guy who is on here more than Echo.

back on topic there is not much more that can be diporven about your statements that baneblade hasnt already covered. Game match point. Winner Seid and Thanos

The difference that I don't take this site seriously, or at least not as seriously as baneblade.

Look at the stuff he said: "Thanos should be sans conflictions, at 100%, fully in control of what he is doing. Also, kindly quote example how he demolished a foe stronger, more powerful than him. What you are saying is anti-logic.", "Remember, don't give me some lame opponents, give me credible ones, who are more powerful then Galactus, and feats to match. If one or other is missing, don't bother to state, but do mention so that you didn't because one or the other piece of info.", ""The New Gods are attached to the Source wall, they are 'powered' by it. Also, another instance of PIS is, with derved "New Gods'" souls, any New God doing so would be nighg Perhaps you should read the comic(s) 'carefully'. Moreso, try to visit one of the conventions on a casual basis, and try and speak with a scribe. It will drive you batty, the range of explanations they open when they give an account of a bygone tale.".

You wouldn't catch me dead saying stuff as anally-retentive and nerdy as that. My reply would be a long the lines of "Doctor Manhattan wins because he is basically a demigod and he vaporizes Darkseid and Thanos". Something simple and non-nerdy like that.

PS. Darkseid loses to Superman because Superman is one of the greatest superheroes ever and he can defeat anyone who threatens Earth. Also, Superman never gives up, unlike the other pussy superheroes who run away like little girls the minute Black Adam or Superboy Prime show up.

#51 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

The difference that I don't take this site seriously, or at least not as seriously as baneblade.

Look at the stuff he said: "Thanos should be sans conflictions, at 100%, fully in control of what he is doing. Also, kindly quote example how he demolished a foe stronger, more powerful than him. What you are saying is anti-logic.", "Remember, don't give me some lame opponents, give me credible ones, who are more powerful then Galactus, and feats to match. If one or other is missing, don't bother to state, but do mention so that you didn't because one or the other piece of info.", ""The New Gods are attached to the Source wall, they are 'powered' by it. Also, another instance of PIS is, with derved "New Gods'" souls, any New God doing so would be nighg Perhaps you should read the comic(s) 'carefully'. Moreso, try to visit one of the conventions on a casual basis, and try and speak with a scribe. It will drive you batty, the range of explanations they open when they give an account of a bygone tale.".

You wouldn't catch me dead saying stuff as anally-retentive and nerdy as that. My reply would be a long the lines of "Doctor Manhattan wins because he is basically a demigod and he vaporizes Darkseid and Thanos". Something simple and non-nerdy like that.

PS. Darkseid loses to Superman because Superman is one of the greatest superheroes ever and he can defeat anyone who threatens Earth. Also, Superman never gives up, unlike the other pussy superheroes who run away like little girls the minute Black Adam or Superboy Prime show up.

Hmmm. and I thought that we live in a free world. There is no solution (literally) to your 'concerns'. Seems you are actually more confused than most. So, are you on this site or aren't you? Are you into it by heart, or by mind, or both, or aren't by either, or just by a 'time pass' requirement? Are you instead in need to 'liven up a bit'? I think you should bro.

I have said it many times that personal jabs should be kept at bay and the only good time to be had is to comment and opine. Isn't that why we are here? This is an opinion based site? It is, hence nerdy, non-nerdy, driven, non-driven; all sorts come here. If one comments differently than the others, so be it, but should be along the lines of 'considerable' reason. If you do not agree on my comments, sure no prob, but commenting on my method or mindset is quite another thing. Not that I am offended. I have seen worse, honestly; people who just came out and called me names. So, no prob bro. I don;t want you to shange who you are, and i can't, but perhaps I can just do a ferretters due by asking you to leave personal jabs aside. Reasonable request? Hope so bro.

#52 Guest_Hayes_*

Guest_Hayes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Wow, Redemption, using the "get a life" line? Just because you are a dumb ass, and people on this site give well thought out replies, doesn't mean they don't have a life. Talk about getting a life, you post on a site where EVERYONE thinks you are an idiot. For the love of god, please keep your foot in your mouth.

#53 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hmmm, temper. Not good for a fellow feretter. We have walked down this path before where you brought 'personal' into your posts. I will try to remember not to call you bro. Just a habit of giving respect. You don't want it, fine. Lets both be happy.

Kindly quote 'instances' where Surfer 'demolished' Thanos. Conditions: Thanos should be sans conflictions, at 100%, fully in control of what he is doing. Also, kindly quote example how he demolished a foe stronger, more powerful than him. What you are saying is anti-logic. You will see what i mean when you begin stating how it happened. Remember, no extras, no tweaks, no conlflictions. Ex: Surfer getting trounced by Rulk: Pure fight without complications or 'extras'.

I am not agreeing on Galactus and Source power comparison. Show me 1 instant, where Living Tribunal, or Galactus created an entire universe of super powered beings, or a feat equal to it, and we will go from there. I know there is none, but you go ahead and establish it for all to see right here. Remember, don't give me some lame opponents, give me credible ones, who are more powerful then Galactus, and feats to match. If one or other is missing, don't bother to state, but do mention so that you didn't because one or the other piece of info. was missing.

As for your concerns about Seid and Superman. Haven't we already spoken about DC PIS, that Seid can't kill Superman or any kryptonian, for that matter? DC has never explained it too. All that was explained to give Seid some credibility was that on the outset or backdrop, Seid would often harbor plans not to destroy Superman. Also, are you implying Seid has never beaten Superman? The you are wrong.

Seid drawing from the Source wall is his given ability, not an 'extra'. The New Gods are attached to the Source wall, they are 'powered' by it. Also, another instance of PIS is, with derved "New Gods'" souls, any New God doing so would be nighg Perhaps you should read the comic(s) 'carefully'. Moreso, try to visit one of the conventions on a casual basis, and try and speak with a scribe. It will drive you batty, the range of explanations they open when they give an account of a bygone tale.

In a capsule: Galactus or Tribunal are not 'God', or even 'Demi-God'. They are not 'architects, creators, empowerers or 'sustainers'. That means they are notches below somthing that has powered 'Demi-Gods'. Sorry, that is not a good enoug comparison. Now that is only mentioned again, as you sounded your concern again. And what was the thing you said about Superman intervening on behalf of the Source? You do know what that will apply to a layman just listening? So where is this 'extra' help you are talking about? Did Seid have a partner, a power-up? No. What he did have was a concotion, fully derived by him, in line with the dictates of his character, and powered by his 'life force' with a tinge of anti-life only as an expiremental edge. He didn;t even use it.

Go ahead and enlighten us. (Oops, really, typing this instead of the bro I almost called you). !-)

Does he have access to power given by the New Gods in the Second source wall in this match? No, because that's an outside power source. Just because he has the ABILITY to draw on the power doesn't mean it's an outside power source. One of surfer's innate ABILITIES is the power to draw upon The Crunch, but that's still considered an outside power source. His feat of "standing up" to the source is easily disregarded.second of all, the Source empowering every being in the DC Universe is complete speculation. And so what if The LT didn't create the Gods or whatever, it's still more powerful than The Source, and higher up on the cosmic hierarchy. The LT controls the entire Marvel multiverse, making him second to only the OAA.

Easily, I can give you a scan, because I remember posting it on one of the Silver surfer matches on here in the past. First of all, Surfer trounces Thanos in power, so it completely makes sense, In fact the time that Thanos beat surfer is the instance that doesn't make sense. In fact, Thanos flat out states Surfer is more powerful than him, and more important as far as place in the Universe is concerned, Mistress Death herself even acknowledged the fact. Hell, even the Living Tribunal itself acknowledged surfer's power, and importance in the universe. It's been directly stated that the power cosmic can do ANYTHING. Surfer can just see Darkseid's weakness, like he did with Gladiator, then act on it.

But anyway, the scan, right.

This also shows why Surfer hasn't killed Thanos before, its because killing him would be opening the way for even stronger menaces.

#54 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

-Talking out of Ass-

Woah. Redemption X is such a badass. I wish I could be as cool as the guy who has the profile image of a dude dressing up as Rorschach!

#55 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Does he have access to power given by the New Gods in the Second source wall in this match? No, because that's an outside power source. Just because he has the ABILITY to draw on the power doesn't mean it's an outside power source. One of surfer's innate ABILITIES is the power to draw upon The Crunch, but that's still considered an outside power source. His feat of "standing up" to the source is easily disregarded.second of all, the Source empowering every being in the DC Universe is complete speculation. And so what if The LT didn't create the Gods or whatever, it's still more powerful than The Source, and higher up on the cosmic hierarchy. The LT controls the entire Marvel multiverse, making him second to only the OAA.

Easily, I can give you a scan, because I remember posting it on one of the Silver surfer matches on here in the past. First of all, Surfer trounces Thanos in power, so it completely makes sense, In fact the time that Thanos beat surfer is the instance that doesn't make sense. In fact, Thanos flat out states Surfer is more powerful than him, and more important as far as place in the Universe is concerned, Mistress Death herself even acknowledged the fact. Hell, even the Living Tribunal itself acknowledged surfer's power, and importance in the universe. It's been directly stated that the power cosmic can do ANYTHING. Surfer can just see Darkseid's weakness, like he did with Gladiator, then act on it.

This also shows why Surfer hasn't killed Thanos before, its because killing him would be opening the way for even stronger menaces.

where is that from? that is not normal Surfer vs normal Thanos. Both characters llok to be from a parallel universe or something.

darkseid always holds back that’s something you’ll never under stand.

here is darkseid using his true power in battle with the source

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Guest_Tired of this_*

Guest_Tired of this_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Darkseid beat Ares so therefore he can beat surfer since Area was considered a bigger threat?? Tell me that sounds like a bag poop

Thanos IMO is more durable than DS and Thanos is def more powerful than Surfer, so Dr Manhattan just needs to avoid Thanos while Surfer deals with DS

#57 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I had a feeling you would cite this and try to push it as a legit Thanos Surfer battle. It would have been more honest of you to give the backdrop of how this folded. Even if you didn't, things are in a context where one look tells anyone, even a comic casual fan, that things are out of place in these images. Did Surfer and Thanos have their powers? If they did, lets say, why fight using swords and knives? Is that the way Thanos and Surfer wage their conventional battles?

Posted Image

This scan illustrates conventional Surfer and Thanos settings. It is also typical how it ends.

Sorry, I know your displayed example is not a classic, normal settings, 100% battle sequence. If anything, it is otherwise. Good try though, but not a convincing, and rather 'otherworldly' layout. Why not explain why they were using swords and pans n' stuff? It would only help clarify things for you. Typical Thanos or typical surfer fights: expense of power, the immediate and realistic approach, eflecting the power they each yield.

As for your concern of Seid 'tapping' into the Source, sorry, no go. New Gods' nature is such that when a New God is expended, the SOurce Wall tethers the souls, and consequent power. Only the 'powerfu' New Gods, or ones supplemented by the Force can weild that power in spades, ala Seid. It is their nature, it is not an extra. In fact, Starlin's account of the ongoings was quite muffled too, as Seid should instead, have been immediately powered due to the suden tilt in energies, and re-channeling thereof. I guess we are two folks looking at the same thing in different ways.

Tribunal < Source. I never said it due to Source 'empowering or creating the DC Universe'. I said he is abolsute creator, fashioner, empowerer and master of his own universe, a complete 'New Gods'' universe and a powerful universe at that. Tribaunal isn't. Galactus isn't. They are subjective, Source is not.

Check out Legacy's scans for a 'regular' conventional Seid against the Source. That is impressive.

Plus Force, not to put you down or anything, but advocating somone's 'rudeness' almost puts one in the same league. Too bad, standards have come so far down. Again, I am not playing Holier than thou, cos' I am not. What I don;t understand is what happened to good ol' decency?

#58 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

For the record, IIRC, that scan is after Doctor Strange shunts the souls of both Surfer and Thanos (both were willing to undergo this spell) to an alternate dimension. Norrin even starts off the fight by trying to use the Power Cosmic, but to no avail, since the entire point of Stephen sending them to that plane was so that they could settle their differences on an even footing.

So, yeah, context.

EDIT: Here are the scans.

1) http://s160.photobuc...gedimension.jpg

2) http://s160.photobuc...angeastral1.jpg

3) http://s160.photobuc...angeastral2.jpg

#59 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

To answer your question, as Megatron once put it:

"Why? Why CBUB? Why, of all the sites on the internet, do I decide to revitalize my membership to the one whose record of stupidity and bullying is legend? Because I'm an idiot, that's why!"

#60 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Then go. No one's stopping you from leaving agustinaldo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users