13 replies to this topic

#1 Garland

Garland

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Palpatine, Dark Emperor of the Galactic Empire, also known as Darth Sidious, has a problem. His Star Destroyer has crash landed on the world of Avatar, the Last Airbender. On the other hand, despite the rather unique abilities of it's inhabitants, no one on the World possesses an active power over The Force. . . All the more reason to attempt a Conquest of this primitive new world. After all, their are no space lanes leading back to the Galactic Empire. The Emperor doesn't even know how he ended up in this mysterious place.

Aang is the Avatar now, and is quite capable of all the feats he has ever shown his enemies. After defeating Orzai, Aang goes to the mountains and meditates on the future, the present and the past, and is content on living the peaceful life of the Avatar, and perhaps arising to meet the need of the world if it is ever again in peril. Suddenly, Aang feels a Dark Presence in the world, and returns to the same place he fought Orzai, in order to meet this challenge. It appears that Darth Sidious has been gathering an army. With alien, powerful technology he awakens The Force within a new Apprentice and also within many countless Force Adepts. However, Darth Sidious knows that his new amatuer dark Jedi and even his apprentice will not be able to stand up to The Avatar. With his contacts, Sidious is told who Aang is even as he approaches The Emperor. "I demand you stop your attempt at Conquest. I will do anything I require to take you down!" Aang boldy commanded.

Darth Sidious sneared. "I am more powerful than anything I've seen in your precious World. This World is now mine! Nothing can withstand the pure power of the Dark Side!" Suddenly Darth Sidious'es light saber is drawn, and the red, cutting light grows. "Soon, this World will BEND to me, OR IT WILL BE BROKEN!!!"

Aang gets ready for battle, and then, the combat begins!

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Learn More About
Emperor Palpatine
Read more about Emperor Palpatine at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm, LTD Links: Wikipedia: Palpatine The Star Wars Wiki: Palpatine Starwars.com: Palpatine

Aang
Read more about Aang at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nickelodeon Links: Aang Wiki Entry Distant Horizon TV.com Avatar:TLAB entry

#3 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

This is a great and unique idea for a fight, personally i think Palpatine takes if for nothing else but sheer ruthlessness. Plus he's got a lightsaber. But ill wait for others to weigh in before i vote

#4 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'd go with Aang for this one. Palpatine's greatest advantage would be his force precognition thing, but seeing the speed with which Aang could react to Ozai once he'd learned Tremorsense that kinda levels things a bit on that front. Force lightning seems to take a lot out of Palpatine (judging from his weakening when he killed Mace Windu) and we've seen Aang redirect supercharged-Ozai's lightning. Bending seems to be quicker than force-move. Palpatine's lightsaber could be serious trouble but benders don't tend to go into close quarters fight (and if Aang notices it as trouble I'd imagine he'd keep it mid-range).

#5 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

*And that's without the Avatar State, which I don't think Palpatine would stand a chance against.

#6 Garland

Garland

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

And what if this is EU Palpatine?

#7 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Even if Aang went in the Avatar State, the Emperor could still neck-snap him if he wanted to. It would depend on how serious the Emperor is. Plus, I doubt Aang would win in his regular state.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'll give you a okay for a nice and short setup. Sidious wins as even Aang's Avatar state won't protect him from a force choke or keep Sidious from snatching him with the force to do as he pleases with Aang.

#9 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Depends on whether this is Eu or movie Palpatine, and whether Aang is in the Avatar State or can enter the Avatar State.

#10 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

No not really. Unless you can show me Avatar state protecting him from force choke like attacks and Vader snatching with he force which is similar to TK attacks then I doubt it matters.

#11 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

this is pretty much a toss up.

If Palpatine gets the first hit in, then he wins, if Aang gets the first hit in, he wins.

#12 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
C Nice and short setup. SInce its just that I gave a you a okay. It explained very simply how Sidious and Aang met as well as why they are fighting.
C It's not that original. In fact it seems to be the norm now a lot of new users are coming in which is good, but this fight...it's actually one sided, and not in the way most people think.Avatar Aang is capable of taking, slamming, and destroying Palpatine at his prime. He could even take his ability to use the force as well. That would make this a one sided fight fast. And that's why I'm giving it a C.
B
A
SCORE
Emperor Palpatine: 29
Aang: 26
FPA: 2.8

#13 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ah...good and solid logic and a comment too about how the new people coming on are doing setups. They aren't really thinking about this. Its bad to see so many one sided battles.

#14 Garland

Garland

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I fail to see how this was a one sided battle. :|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users