38 replies to this topic

#21 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

well they better figure it out before sunrise which is 8 minutes away . plus there is only one way that scooby doo gang to win is if velma is the only last person alive and the gods will know because well...there giant evil gods and i must repeat what the director said "we work with what we have " the personas arent always to the tact but it is in someone connected to that class of the sacrfice they have to follow that or BOOM world ends

#22 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

In 8 minutes with no time left Velma has saved the Gang before. I am going with Team Scooby.

#23 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:DC Comics

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

That Guy With the Glasses

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

well they better figure it out before sunrise which is 8 minutes away . plus there is only one way that scooby doo gang to win is if velma is the only last person alive and the gods will know because well...there giant evil gods and i must repeat what the director said "we work with what we have " the personas arent always to the tact but it is in someone connected to that class of the sacrfice they have to follow that or BOOM world ends

...ooooooooor they find a way to solve the mystery and destroy the evil demon menacing the world. As they always had.

They have defeated actual supernatural entities before, I don't see why this time would be any different. Rest assured, the world won't end.

#24 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

...ooooooooor they find a way to solve the mystery and destroy the evil demon menacing the world. As they always had.

They have defeated actual supernatural entities before, I don't see why this time would be any different. Rest assured, the world won't end.

I don't claim to have seen the Cabin in the Woods movie, but the whole "Demon Gods" thing seems far above the level of anything that the Scooby Gang can handle. I really can't think of any time that Mysteries Inc. has taken on anything that was really powerful.

#25 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oh yea the Scooby Gang has Demons before. Granted there's were obviously funnier and stuff like that for the younger audience.

#26 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

well that is if nothing dosent try to kill velma first such as a werewolf from behind or the director takes things into her own hands

#27 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

well that is if nothing dosent try to kill velma first such as a werewolf from behind or the director takes things into her own hands

They have dealt with werecats before (just like werewolves, only feline instead of canine) and they beat human criminals for a living. Again, this time would be no different. And why they target Velma out of all the gang?

#28 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Heh the Gang actually has dealt with a Werewolve before I think.

#29 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

well lets see here she is the key from the world not being destroyed by giant evil gods PLUS i forgot to mention this in the setup again . but the evil gods are right below them and they are pissed

#30 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

Why is she the key? And if you are gonna say "because she's The Virgin", I already said that we don't know that, and wether she is one or not is irrelevant to her character.

ALL of the Scooby Gang (Velma included) have beaten supernatural entities without this "key" thing before. And yes, that includes demonic beings.

#31 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Why is she the key? And if you are gonna say "because she's The Virgin", I already said that we don't know that, and wether she is one or not is irrelevant to her character.

ALL of the Scooby Gang (Velma included) have beaten supernatural entities without this "key" thing before. And yes, that includes demonic beings.

alright let me put it simple . if they are not dead by morning the whole world ends . velma death is optional no matter if she isnt or not

#32 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

alright let me put it simple . if they are not dead by morning the whole world ends . velma death is optional no matter if she isnt or not

That's selling the Scooby Gang short, isn't it? I'm pretty sure they can find a way to beat this evil demon god thingie before the night is done without any of them dying.

#33 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

That's selling the Scooby Gang short, isn't it? I'm pretty sure they can find a way to beat this evil demon god thingie before the night is done without any of them dying.

if velma kills her friends then they win if she dosent they lose it is the only way for them to win

#34 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

if velma kills her friends then they win if she dosent they lose it is the only way for them to win

Why? They can just solve the mystery and find a way to destroy the demon god, or at least banish it to its home dimension. Velma is not gonna kill her friends, but the demon god is not gonna win.

Seriously, do you have any idea of who the Scooby Gang are? Their track record? And I don't mean just the original show, I also mean their direct-to-video/direct-to-DVD movies and newer shows.

#35 Joem1k

Joem1k

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

Why? They can just solve the mystery and find a way to destroy the demon god, or at least banish it to its home dimension. Velma is not gonna kill her friends, but the demon god is not gonna win.

Seriously, do you have any idea of who the Scooby Gang are? Their track record? And I don't mean just the original show, I also mean their direct-to-video/direct-to-DVD movies and newer shows.

they have already solved the mystery about what is going on plus there is no other way then that and yes i have seen the other shows

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Velma would never kill a friend of hers for one. Next killing Fred would do nothing as Fred is not a jock, Daphen is not a whore, and Velma is a virgin. They don't fit what's required for the sacrifice.

Now unless your specific already stating in the setup the Scooby Gang has lost. Velma, Fred, Shaggy, and Scooby save the world from another horror again.

#37 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Okay, finished reading...

The set-up is very detailed and full of content, but there were loads of grammar and structure problems that made it kind of tough to read. In fact, several portions of it didn't make sense. Only after checking The Cabin in the Woods profile did some of those confusing parts of the story become clear.

As for the match, after all Velma's been through physically and emotionally here, I'm sure even she would have a clear enough head to make the right choice.

#38 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B Good setup. I didn't give you a Excellent only because of all the spelling and grammer that needed to be fixed. Other then that fun and entertaining read. Good job
B You worked hard on it and I appreciate the effort. But I can't give an 'A' because the errors bothered me too much. So a 'B'. Go Scooby!
C Very detailed and fleshed out, but confusing and chock full of grammar and sentence errors.
SCORE
Mysteries Inc.: 14
The Cabin in the Woods: 9
FPA: 2.7

#39 supersaynboy

supersaynboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

"A" from me. But, you know what... I haven't actually seen the movie and I don't want to get the spoilers >.>

Well, I have seen the movie, and trust me, the entire scooby doo gang would be dead in the first 45 minutes. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users