66 replies to this topic

#1 SmileyPredator

SmileyPredator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

Please feel free to contribute.

This is NOT a debate thread, just a thread in which I share my knowledge of Yautja high showings. I hope this thread will be informative to those who are not that familiar with the fictional species.

Part 1: Strength

A. Overwhelming the locking mechanism of futuristic maximum security gates [4:25 and 1:45]

B. Tearing apart armoured human at the waist [4:00] (after crushing a helmeted skull)

C. Snapping xenomorph's spine [1:50]

D. Tearing off combat android's head [0:05]

E. Crumpling metal [titanium?] doors

F. Easily throwing around a bison bull
1, 2, 3

G. Slapping a soldier to death

H. Crushing a skull in one hand (the Yautja doing it is Tichinde, an Unblooded student who later gets schooled by Dachande)

I. Hunter's Planet and Prey mention that Nat'kapu and Dachande have torn off the heads of xenomorphs in unarmed combat

Part 2: Speed and Agility

A. Ninja-esque movement

B. Avoiding automatic fire (then leaping over a ~40ft fence while carrying an adult man)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5

C. Dodging missiles from an attack helicopter
1, 2, 3

D. Dodging a bazooka blast and automatic fire
1, 2, 3

E. Pacing a speeding car with little effort
1, 2

F. Reflexes

Spoiler

G. Evading bullets

Spoiler

H. "moving faster than human eyes could follow"

Spoiler

Part 3: Durability

A. Tanking explosive sniper rounds and impalement through the chest

Spoiler

B. Tanking lightning strikes

C. Tanking gunshot to the eye
1 [5:35]

D. Emerging from explosion unscathed in Predator Hell Come A-Walkin' (same blast almost vapourises a human)

Part 4: Combat Prowess

A. Smiley and Broken Tusk easily slaughter alien drones/warriors
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

B. Predator student against xenomorph horde

Spoiler

C. Predator veteran against xenomorph horde

Spoiler

D. Predator veteran kills xenomorph with fist and blunt end of gun

Spoiler

E. Predator veteran racks up over 50 xenomorph kills (only finds a few challenging)

Spoiler

F. Wolf kills xenomorphs with ease (AvP Requiem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=121XxZX0ne4

G. With a only a smartdisc, Lefty slaughters xenomorphs in melee
1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Part 5: Shoulder Cannon Power

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Part 6: Miscellaneous

A. Ranks of the movie-verse predators
1, 2 [4:28]

B. Height

Spoiler

C. Natural resistance to xenomorph acid

Spoiler

D. Predator military classes (Aliens vs. Predator Extinction)

Spoiler

NOTE: Some of the feats above are taken from games. I don't think everything in a game can be dismissed as "gameplay mechanics". I would consider something like a health bar or a rock/paper/scissors melee system to be a gameplay mechanic. Animations whose purpose is to highlight the character's physical strength are not gameplay mechanics in my opinion. Gameplay mechanics are in-game rules designed to produce an enjoyable game, often at the expense of realism.

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Im not an expert, and I dont usually get involved in these anymore, but I do know this isn't the first time this one's cropped up. So before anyone else gets to this and tries to restate things said long ago(they might anyways);

http://www.electricf...topic=8674&st=0
Start there^, and then continue by topic searching predator/yajuta and feats.....you can thank mm later

As for game mechanics...........hehe, thats a funny story.....

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Good lord, not this debate again.

As for the whole game mechanics thing, well I have done my research on this and actually managed to find an online game developer to give me his professional opinion on the whole strength door feat and I have the emails to show his professional take on the opinion.

-Rakai'Thwei

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I don't see a debate here.

Nice thread though.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I don't see a debate here.

Don't jinx it man, don't jinx it. No one got anywhere with the last one... And I have noticed a lot of guest looking at it lately.

Nice thread though.

Yeah, those scans are pretty cool!

I believe they are from Cold War and Homeworld!

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 SmileyPredator

SmileyPredator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys. This isn't meant to be a debate thread. I'm a big fan of the franchise and I thought it would be a cool idea to make a thread for collecting all of the predator's strong showings/feats.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys. This isn't meant to be a debate thread. I'm a big fan of the franchise and I thought it would be a cool idea to make a thread for collecting all of the predator's strong showings/feats.

And that's fine, and while I do believe that Yautja are as strong as you have shown, there are others on this forum that actually don't believe what has been presented to them. Regarding the door feat of Predator: Concrete Jungle, that has been put under the light and there has been a lot of debate to show how strong Yautja really are.

I believe that the average, Blooded ranked Predator is somewhere between 2-5 tons in strength. I also believe that the veteran Predators would be somewhere between 8-10 tons in strength. An Elder would exceed possibly up to 16-20 tons in strength. And this is coming from someone who is also a fan of the Predator franchise, and really digged into the EU as well.

However, and please, take this into consideration that some people don't consider the door feat to be very valid for whatever reasons. Some people say that this is non-canonical game mechanics and then there are people like me who do count it as part of the storyline in the game and try to prove it. The problem with this is that no one can really try to prove on person over the other regarding that feat.

I count a lot of feats really, but for some reason.... people either don't want to believe, or choose to undermind them.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

What's the reasoning behind any of those door opening instances?

#9 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

What's the reasoning behind any of those door opening instances?

The doors were protecting cooling reactors which were powering a building, and the bio-super computer which was running on a human mind as it's operating system. MOTHER was using Isabella Borgia as it's OS, and it required a reactor to power the computer and it's systems, as well as the life support systems of Mother.

As for the door opening... well, I have the emails from a game developer named Daniel Cook. So if anyone wants to read them, I'll forward them or paste them here.

-Rakai'Thwei

#10 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I played the game, so I know what was going on in that level, but I mean what is the reasoning behind anyone declaring them to be of a certain weight?

#11 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I played the game, so I know what was going on in that level, but I mean what is the reasoning behind anyone declaring them to be of a certain weight?

My mistake, but I think you should've asked the reasoning behind the weight.

I took the liberty myself to measure the door, such as it's height and width. Since Predator: Concrete Jungle has a first person view, I used that visual mode to actually get a better idea of the width of the door which appears to be three to maybe four feet thick. And then I did a height comparison to between the door and Scarface, and I would say Scarface is perhaps at the least in height-- eight feet. The height would be around... 24 feet in height.

Now the material in the door could either be industrialized steel or some hyper alloy made from titanium. The problem with the doors being made of steel is that Xenomorphs could spit acid saliva at it and it would dissolve thorugh the material very easily, and the Xenomorphs could get through with clawing and tearing. If it were titanium, then the doors would be able to withstand Xenomorphs getting through, but the acidic resistance might be provided by some molecular alteration (Borgia Industries had Predator Tech, so they might've had some altered material), or they could've been provided some neutra-gel to offer resistance against Xenomorph acidic saliva.

I've asked Eveethecutie, at the time when she was in the debate to actually give a weight of the door with the suggested metals (industrialized steel and titanium), she had said that it would be roughly around sixteen tons in weight, and the lock mechanisms would've add some resistance. Eveethecutie has a 3D Arts and Visual Media degree (which requires a lot of mathematics), and because of that, I am inclined to believe her.

-Rakai'Thwei

#12 SmileyPredator

SmileyPredator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

There are no hard figures in the game if that's what you're asking. What we know is that 1) the gates are very large, 2) they're metallic, and 3) they bar access to a restricted area where the reactors and their cooling systems are located.

I highly doubt the force required to lift the gates (and to overcome whatever locking mechanism is in place) is less than 10 tons. I'll try to look up how much force is required to lift modern real-life maximum security gates (might take me a while). Perhaps RakaiThwei should just quote what the game developer has said on the subject.

#13 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Perhaps RakaiThwei should just quote what the game developer has said on the subject.

Who else thinks I should post what Daniel Cook emailed me here on this forum?

-Rakai'Thwei

#14 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Who else thinks I should post what Daniel Cook emailed me here on this forum?

-Rakai'Thwei

Well I don't really care but that does interest me.

#15 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well I don't really care but that does interest me.

Maybe I should get over a number over three or five people saying yay or nay.

-Rakai'Thwei

#16 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Maybe I should get over a number over three or five people saying yay or nay.

-Rakai'Thwei

Why so many? Is it bad?

#17 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Why so many? Is it bad?

No, because I want to know how much people want to know this.

-Rakai'Thwei

#18 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Here is the email.

-Rakai'Thwei

Posted Image

#19 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Satisfied.

#20 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Satisfied.

From how I interpreted that email, Daniel is saying that is a canonical feedback as far as the game's storyline is concerned.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users