133 replies to this topic

#41 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Here about King? Why would we be here about King? But yeah, horrible what happened. It may be the end of his in ring career. He's very lucky this happened at a WWE show with paramedics backstage, and not one of the indy bookings he takes in Memphis throughout the week.

oops lol .

#42 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

...I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, brilliant week was brilliant.

Posted Image

#43 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Right here is a great match

Part one

Part two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FNuvtQkQs

#44 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Saw this thread had to post. The Shield's freakin' awesome! (Mostly just Dean Ambrose). Brad Maddox looks to be a future star. Big E. ....? Eh. Lots of debuts happening. Can't wait for Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) to finally debut.

Also, does anyone here have an account on CAW.ws? It's basically a Pro Wrestling forum. Just wondering.

#45 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

i am now.

#46 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Between the Shield and Ryback, WWE have done well with introducing new characters recently. Ryback's popularity has exploded, he's a future star for sure, and the Shield are all very talented and have a bright future. The wonderful TLC match from Sunday proves it for all four men.

#47 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Out of the Shield, I only see Ambrose and Rollins going anywhere. Roman maybe even though he isn't very great in the ring (from what I've heard).

To me Ryback is still a bit green. Sometimes it shows. But I won't deny how popular he is.

And to comic book fan, what's your username on CAWS then?

#48 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Roman's got the look and tonnes of character ("Get up fools, this is my table now!"), which is what actually matters. Ambrose has the best character. I'd say Rollins was the least equipped, he's mainly a risk taker, which doesn't make a career by itself - no doubt he has talent, but I'd say the others were better equipped.

Ryback's a big babyface monster, the best in that roll in years. He's got all the tools and is clearly dedicated. He doesn't need to be technically great, he needs to be good at throwing people about and looking like a scary bastard. And he's great at that.

#49 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I see your point with Ryback. Hogan, Austin, and Cena aren't really ring technicians either.

And what you were saying about Rollins? Look how Jeff Hardy turned. He was the #2 guy behind Cena for a while. I think Rollins will be a huge star one day.

#50 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm loving a lot of what WWE's doing as of late, especially concerning. The Shield is full of talent. Ryback is doing great work, though his main event push has come too soon. I think there hands were tied with that when Cena got injured, so I understand it, but Vince does tend to push new big guys too fast. I'm just hoping Ryback continues to improve and entertain and earn true main event status. Claudio's (Antonio Cesaro) US Title run is being handled well and I'm glad they're starting to let him use his own style more as his career progresses. And, without a doubt, my favorite character in WWE right now is Daimien Sandow. Only time will tell if Big E Langston will branch out and have a decent run on his own, but teaming him with Dolph Ziggler and AJ for the time being shows that they have high hopes for him. I'm glad WWE's realizing how important it is to build younger talent again, instead of relying on the same main eventers and the same matches.

Edit: Forgot to mention Brad Maddox. I like the story line he's in, it's an interesting way to bring him in. My only complaint was that I wish had longer matches with Ryback and Orton. Sure, Ryback's the monster face and Orton's the resident ass kicker, but they could have let him extend the matches a few minutes by using some more heel tactics, which would in turn make him getting beat down have a bigger pay off and let him build more heel heat.

#51 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Out of the Shield, I only see Ambrose and Rollins going anywhere. Roman maybe even though he isn't very great in the ring (from what I've heard).

To me Ryback is still a bit green. Sometimes it shows. But I won't deny how popular he is.

And to comic book fan, what's your username on CAWS then?

same thing

#52 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

The only thing I don't like about the current WWE is the fact that it's PG. I can't even remember the last time I saw blood in a match.

#53 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

The only thing I don't like about the current WWE is the fact that it's PG. I can't even remember the last time I saw blood in a match.

Meh, as someone who watches both Adventure Time and Spartacus: Blood and Sand, I say this:

I don't care if it's PG or not, as long at they make compelling story lines and entertaining matches. To quote one of my wrestling buddies, "I don't need to bleed to tell a story."

WWE can leave the blade jobs out of matches, but just let people bleed if they bleed (none of that "stop the match to clean someone up" BS (except in the case of Cena vs Lesnar, because it created a good effect in that match)).

WWE's currently doing a lot of good things, and the problems weren't routed in being PG, the problems were in poor use of talent and the over use of the same main events.

#54 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Also, last time there was blood in a match (as in a crimson mask), was at Extreme Rules 2012. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar.

#55 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

No doubt Rollins is very good, but I just see the other two as better, for now. Hardy had the advantage of appealing to a demographic very few wrestlers do, in teenage girls.

Cesaro has all the talent in the world, but he needs to add things to his character and get a storyline. He's not getting over as much as some of the other new guys, which is a shame because he's damn good.

#56 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Meh, as someone who watches both Adventure Time and Spartacus: Blood and Sand, I say this:

I don't care if it's PG or not, as long at they make compelling story lines and entertaining matches. To quote one of my wrestling buddies, "I don't need to bleed to tell a story."

WWE can leave the blade jobs out of matches, but just let people bleed if they bleed (none of that "stop the match to clean someone up" BS (except in the case of Cena vs Lesnar, because it created a good effect in that match)).

WWE's currently doing a lot of good things, and the problems weren't routed in being PG, the problems were in poor use of talent and the over use of the same main events.

I watch wrestling for good old-fashioned violence, not good plots or storylines.

#57 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I watch wrestling for good old-fashioned violence, not good plots or storylines.

I watch wrestling to be entertained. Good matches with good story lines and build up make it entertaining. And while, yes, blood can create more excitement, my point is it's not needed to keep things entertaining. I mean, are you saying taking a sledge hammer to someone is less violent because there's no visible blood?

#58 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Came across this gem, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen it, but incase you missed I thought I'd share http://withleather.u...r-no-lock-video

Granted, wrestlers visiting sick children is nothing new, but something about Daniel Bryan letting the kid tap him out with the Yes-No-Lebell Lock is really touching to me. And the fact that this is not the first time a wrestler's granted a sick child's wish, doesn't diminish the sentiment.

#59 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I watch wrestling to be entertained. Good matches with good story lines and build up make it entertaining. And while, yes, blood can create more excitement, my point is it's not needed to keep things entertaining. I mean, are you saying taking a sledge hammer to someone is less violent because there's no visible blood?

I find the storylines annoying, myself. They're poorly written (to me), overly dramatic and repetitive. I just like seeing the matches themselves. And blood isn't all I was referring to when I said it was PG-- surely you can see the difference in storylines between today and, say, ten years ago?

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw a sledgehammer used in a WWE match...

#60 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well, sledgehammers are more or less out due to HHH being out. But the last time one was used was when he wrestled Brock Lesnar (I believe) if not then, then it was when he wrestled Undertaker.

And, yes, I admit that in recent years story lines have gotten repetitive and predictable. As for horrible, there are some really horrible ones. the AJ/Clare-Cena/AJ-Bully Ray/Brooke Hogan scandal(s) is/are some of the worst things to happen to wrestling. But that's not a product of being PG, that's a product of bad writers. On the flip side, however, we have other angles like CM Punk's current title run, Team Hell No, and everything Damien Sandow does that are all entertaining.

They've always had good story lines and bad story lines. Remember when Mark Henry knocked May Young up, only for her to give birth to a hand? Or when Kane was accused of necrophillia? Those were about as un-PG as you can get, and were still terrible. Of course you remember things being better before it went PG, that's because you tend to forget the terrible things that happened before it went PG.

Also, you said you before on here mainly watch TNA.... And that right there is why you get mainly bad story lines.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pro Wrestling, WWE, TNA, WWF, WCW, ECW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users