17 replies to this topic

#1 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

“HISSSSSSSS”! The current ‘Turok’ or Joshua Fireseed had known that noise all too well. It was the screech of one of the Primagen’s ‘grunts’ or a species of Dinosoid. Looking back over his shoulder as his boots splashed against the water in the temple, he scoffed. It appeared to b nothing more than a simple raptoid. The sound of feet and talons splashing against the water grew louder and louder as Turok sped through the shifting corners of the temple before quickly running off the side of one hallway before plummeting in the water to hide himself. The Raptoid followed him and smelled him nearby but it just couldn’t place where the blasted human was. So, as it turned to continue looking, Josh having taken that time to load his Cerebral Bore sprang up and pulled the trigger. The Raptoid’s eyes grew wide with presumably fear as it threw up it’s arms and started to flee-desperately trying to get away from the whizzing orange ball of death that having tracked onto it’s brain raced through the air after it. Josh simply reloaded it and waited until he heard the oh so familiar sound of the Raptoid screeching in terror and then the sound of the blood and pieces of gray matter being sucked out or just plain falling out as the Bore’s drill dug in the enemy’s brain before…BOOM!

The Corpse stumbled for a bit before falling to the water. “You reap what you sow, monster.” Turok muttered darkly as he spit in the water before he kept on walking, eventually coming across a ladder. But as the eighteen year old hunter climbed up and didn’t look back to take note of the sloshing noises behind him-The cloaked creature would have shaken its head. From what it had seen this human had taken on dinosaur like creatures, he had heard the human refer to them as ‘Dinosoids’ and other various creatures which at least to the Yajuta having taken on a few since he arrived on The Lost Land, it looked downwards once more, taking note of how it had seen the strange device the human had used to kill this particular Dinosoid. Bah. It had lost track of the human but at least he had learned more of his strange weapons. But clenching his fist tightly he gave himself a ‘order’. Tonight would be the night he confronted the ‘hunter’ as he heard bulkier green Dinosoids calling him. Making his way toward the ladder he had seen the human use he would have prepared to climb before he heard the sound of grunting behind him. He didn’t bother looking over his shoulder as he used his Plasma Caster to fire at the Endtrail behind him leaving where it’s head used to be a bloody mess. Once he had heard the corpse hit the water he continued up…

He was poised in the shadows of the trees as the darkness was his ally. Having gone through out the entire Lost Land to do what he could to liberate it from the Primagen’s grasp, it seemed here along with waiting for his enemy’s ‘grunts’ to show themselves, he merely had to find one more ‘key’ so he could access the Primagen’s Lightship. But wait! Contact! Pulling his Cererbral Bore out and loading it, it seemed like just another Dinosoid. But it seemed to be running away from something. Surely it couldn’t be him unless they spotted him? Slightly moving so he could get a better vantage point, he blinked at what he saw. It appeared it was some being cutting down and blasting some Endtrails and Raptoids.

Obviously he couldn’t tell WHAT being it was as it seemed to be cloaked. But he had dealt with that before with the EndTrails and reaching for his Charge Dart rifle he fired a ‘warning shot’ at the creature. It appeared to work as the cloak zapped between on and ‘off’ before revealing the creature. Needless to say, Turok had never seen anything like it and honestly? He was glad he hadn’t. Taking note of a device on the creature’s shoulder aiming towards him, he quickly leapt down from his spot and rushed for cover. It seemed that their was no way for Josh to escape until he dived at the last second, barely avoiding the blast which sent him rolling across the ground. Coughing as he brushed himself off, he quickly reached for his Scorpion Launcher and firing it the creature used his blaster to destroy three of the missiles but the last one managed to hit the plasma caster and damaged it. Growling, the Yajuta ripped the device off and extending his wrist blades which reaching for his combi-staff he got into a stance as Turok did the same with his Shredder in hand now and War Blades on..
Come. If you can.”

This is a ‘warrior’ class Yajuta armed with four smart discs, combi staff and his wrist blades.
VS
Turok armed with his War Blades, shredder, Scorpion Launcher, Cerebral Bore.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Learn More About
Turok the Dinosaur Hunter
Read more about Turok the Dinosaur Hunter at Wikipedia
Official Site: RandomHouse Links: Wikipedia Comicvine International Hero

Predator
Read more about Predator at Wikipedia
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Planet AVP Fox Movies

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Damn good match ND7, I think its been a little while since you made a match but I could be wrong with all the matches that have been made recently. This is a great fight that I don't think has ever happened before on CBUB. You nailed Turok and have stated the specific Predator in the match which Rakai would be happy with.

Now Turok is one of the best hunters in comics and is extremely very well skilled. He has even taken on XO Manowar in a battle and others who were above human level. Turok is one opponent that once the Predator realizes he has a legit and great enemy on his hands will most definitely bring the fight to Turok as the Predator loves a great challenger who is capable taking him on in a fight.

IThe fight could go either way but I am leaning toward Turok as between his skill, experience, and the weapons you gave him he could pull out a win. However it won't be until after he has a long bloody fight with the Predator.

#4 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Damn good match ND7, I think its been a little while since you made a match but I could be wrong with all the matches that have been made recently. This is a great fight that I don't think has ever happened before on CBUB. You nailed Turok and have stated the specific Predator in the match which Rakai would be happy with.

Now Turok is one of the best hunters in comics and is extremely very well skilled. He has even taken on XO Manowar in a battle and others who were above human level. Turok is one opponent that once the Predator realizes he has a legit and great enemy on his hands will most definitely bring the fight to Turok as the Predator loves a great challenger who is capable taking him on in a fight.

IThe fight could go either way but I am leaning toward Turok as between his skill, experience, and the weapons you gave him he could pull out a win. However it won't be until after he has a long bloody fight with the Predator.

Thanks. Think this could be my return to EF. Prolly just me making a match out of a good idea at teh spur of the moment. Lol. Oh and really? Didn't know that.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Lotta Predator matches happening here... Lotta of'em coming out of the wood work and this time I had nothing to do with it.

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Good about time a character outside of DC, Marvel, and DBZ got a shine. Hell me myself I was thinking of doing Rainbow Six vs one of the Predators.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Good about time a character outside of DC, Marvel, and DBZ got a shine. Hell me myself I was thinking of doing Rainbow Six vs one of the Predators.

God knows I have to get started on my own Predator arc once more.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

Excellent match ND7, and whilst I don't think you could get more evenly matched opponents, I am leaning more towards Turok as well.

#9 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Very good match, ND. Nice comeback to CBUB matchmaking.

I couldn't find anything exact on Turok's abilities, so I think I'll leave the analysis to those who know both characters a little better.

#10 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

A+ from me and I love the match up. This was all around a great match and great set-up. Keep up the good work because this was pretty darn good.

#11 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

God knows I have to get started on my own Predator arc once more.

-Rakai'Thwei

You better get back to your Predator arcs because those were some epic matches and awesome stories

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

You better get back to your Predator arcs because those were some epic matches and awesome stories

I would like to, I truely would like but I am also contemplating on straight up leaving EF.

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I would like to, I truely would like but I am also contemplating on straight up leaving EF.

-Rakai'Thwei

Gotta get tougher skin, Rakai. You say that just about every time somebody tries to put down the Predator franchise.

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Gotta get tougher skin, Rakai. You say that just about every time somebody tries to put down the Predator franchise.

No, it's more than just that but I'm feeling like I'm getting bored of the game here.

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hmm sorry you feel that way. The place is being redone and everything. People seem to be getting interest back and we are getting new members. We have a CBUB Monthly Tournament everyone seems to love and its a success.I know how you feel about the Predator franchise but like Skillz said you gotta get tough skin and stop letting it get to you.

Trust me I am a Superman fan so I know how you feel. The difference being I never let people not knowing enough about the character to make judgements or speak about them like they know a thing about them when they don't, hating on him, and more get to me. There are always going to be those fans out there like that.

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hmm sorry you feel that way. The place is being redone and everything. People seem to be getting interest back and we are getting new members. We have a CBUB Monthly Tournament everyone seems to love and its a success.I know how you feel about the Predator franchise but like Skillz said you gotta get tough skin and stop letting it get to you.

Well, I will admit being attacked for something I happen to know about is getting tiring. I know there is stuff out there that people just generally don't seem to agree with me as far as the Alien vs Predator franchise goes, and I've taken some pot-shots for it. Does it bother me?

Sometimes, because I don't follow the flock like everyone else here who chooses to follow Marvel or DC. I mean for the most part, I generally don't like superheroes primarily because of their fanbase and their appraisal. But I don't go out of my way to hate on them.

Trust me I am a Superman fan so I know how you feel. The difference being I never let people not knowing enough about the character, hating on him, and more get to me. There are always going to be those fans out there like that.

Well, it's good to know that you're kind of giving me support so... thanks, Baller.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yeah no problem. But just to let you know there a are quite a few people who like comics outside of DC and Marvel. I know me, Kainboa, Methos, and a few others have said so.

While I still read a good portion of Marvel and DC. Alot of my comics, graphic novels, and novels are definitely outside of those two major companies.

#18 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, I will admit being attacked for something I happen to know about is getting tiring. I know there is stuff out there that people just generally don't seem to agree with me as far as the Alien vs Predator franchise goes, and I've taken some pot-shots for it. Does it bother me?

Sometimes, because I don't follow the flock like everyone else here who chooses to follow Marvel or DC. I mean for the most part, I generally don't like superheroes primarily because of their fanbase and their appraisal. But I don't go out of my way to hate on them.

Well, it's good to know that you're kind of giving me support so... thanks, Baller.

-Rakai'Thwei

Rakai honestly, I respect your wisdom of AVP lore, it's made me more interested in the series in fact. I hope you don't predicate your decision on some of the people on the site.

#19 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B Good job on the fight and setup. The only reason you didnt get a excellent was because of spelling and grammer.
D
A Good stuff!
A This fight was pretty good. The concept was there, and it was pretty well written. My biggest problem with it was the writing, which, don't get me wrong, it was good, but I felt there were several sentences that dragged on for too long, and some things, like the introduction were over-described. Still, this was an enjoyable set-up, so I'll give it an "A".
A
SCORE
Turok the Dinosaur Hunter: 7
Predator: 5
FPA: 3.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users