#41 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Eh, if I know him like I know him, its otherwise but okay. *shrugs*

I know - I never said you did. It just seemed to me from my side when Skirmisher brought it into the light, that you focused on it from the perspective which made me feel as if I was implicated into it. Glad to see its been resolved.

I'm sorry, I'm a dick too? Or did I misunderstand something?

Alright, that's understandable. I think there's nothing else left to debate then.

#42 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Eh, if I know him like I know him, its otherwise but okay. *shrugs*

Well... I'm just calling that from a measure of good faith, and humor.

I know - I never said you did. It just seemed to me from my side when Skirmisher brought it into the light, that you focused on it from the perspective which made me feel as if I was implicated into it. Glad to see its been resolved.

As far as I am aware, it's just him trying to heckle me out of good humor for himself. At least, I am under that impression.

I'm sorry, I'm a dick too? Or did I misunderstand something?

I was refering to myself and Skirmisher, and I use the term dick in a good hearted manner. You know, simple slang. You ever have a friday night and say to a friend? "Dude, let's just be total dicks and just spend the night just dicking around, doing stupid shit" That kind of meaning behind the term dick.

Alright, that's understandable. I think there's nothing else left to debate then.

Yeah, really, there isn't a lot to work with as far as this match up goes. I just have very high standards on writing and how characters should be handled... A less than admirable trait I've gained while running my own place.

-Rakai'Thwei

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Its good to be hopeful and try to see the good in others - that in of itself is admirable.

Ah yeah, I know what you mean. Wasn't sure what the placements were but now I understand.

I can understand - it wasn't that, it was just the overstatement that became the issue (though quickly fell into the darkness as it came) when I posted as I Forgot To Log In but yes.

#44 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

I knew who the "guests" were from the start.

It's fun being mod. :D

#45 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

I knew who the "guests" were from the start.

It's fun being mod.

[Shakes head] Heh!

-Rakai'Thwei

#46 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B Not a bad set-up by any means. Do try to make it longer next time, though.
F
B Good setup even if it wasn't very long and you used the characters properly. The Predator with the same metal as Wolverine was a interesting idea.
C The set-up wasn't too bad, but it wasn't good either. It was pretty short, and it wasn't really a story, so much as telling us stuff that happened. Don't get me wrong, there are much worse fights, but this one lacked a plot. The set-ups really should be stories that include motivation for both sides, a setting, and they really should be entertaining stories.
SCORE
Scar Predator: 7
Omega Red: 8
FPA: 2.1

#47 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

As a matter of fact, let's take Batman and let's say he has been bitten by a Radioactive Spider, and decides to ditch the Bat-costume and instead chooses to take a spider themed costume to go in according with the theme of his arachnid powers. Then that's not Batman anymore.

It's not the powers, or the costume that make Batman Batman. Its his actual character. Of course, Predators don't have that, so a Pred fan would be preoccupied with the otherwise superfluous aspects of a character. Batman in a Spider costume with Spider powers would still be Batman, because of his dedication bordering on insanity, because of his mentality.

Actually, it seems like the author knows more about Predators than you do. The Predator without the enhancements stands no chance against Omega Red, the enhancements could have helped make the match more even. The author realized this, you didn't.

#48 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

The author giving the Predator metal similar to Wolverine was a good idea I liked. It didn't change the Predator in anyway or what it is like Force said.

I am the one who gave the match a B grade and said the Wolverine idea was interesting. Whoever gave the F should have posted why because a F was something this match did not deserve.

#49 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

thank you for the infoormation and the grades. It helps out knowing what people are looking for. This match is one I wrote long ago but wasnt finished and just kind of summed it up to begin with.

#50 Guest_D-Nyl_*

Guest_D-Nyl_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Whoever gave the F should have posted why because a F was something this match did not deserve.

If it was a "Hate Bad" grader, that should hopefully be the last of those type of grades.

However, if they pop up again, finding out who should be a little easier since everybody that can grade now has a distinct title.

#51 SmileyPredator

SmileyPredator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

It's pretty annoying when people undersell predators (via cherry-picking weak showings or plain ignorance), but I feel that pitting Scar against Omega Red is overselling Scar. The Scar I'm familiar with is the one in the movie, not Elder Scar in so-and-so's story arc (essentialy fanfiction).

Scar is a Yautja teenager, a youth on the verge of manhood. He's an inexperienced, Unblooded adolescent of his species (see the following interview [watch from 4:28] with the director of the first AvP film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHV4JCwJoXk

He's a young novice who ends up failing his trial of adulthood. Defeating half a dozen xenomorphs with a glaive would probably be a challenging enough task for Scar. Judging by what I know of both characters, I believe Omega outclasses Scar by a wide margin. .

I can only see Omega losing to an elder or a team of experienced warriors employing tactics to maximise their chances.

As for adamantium vs. plasma-forged Yautja metal, there's really no way to know for sure which is superior (or whether they're equal). Giving Scar adamantium is a good way of avoiding that debate.

Yautja have incredibly strong immune systems, as evidenced by this (thanks RakaiThwei) and other examples in the media (in Captive, the predator resists a toxin specifically designed to kill him). However, I don't think the healing factor is unneccessary. Giving Scar a healing factor on top of his already impressive immune system is a good way of narrowing the gap. I'm certain that with a healing factor, he can resist death spores to a signifcant degree and tank a few tendril strikes. Frankly, I don't see Scar putting up much of a challenge without some enhancements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users