• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

How does giving Scar extra abilities in this fight demonstrate a lack of understanding regarding the Yautja?

You're missing the point, Ronan.

If the guy had actually demonstrated some understanding of the Yautja as he claims to have seen the films, read the novels, played the games-- then he wouldn't have had to give Scar any of these unneeded upgrades. In his writing, he doesn't demonstrate any mentioning of the metals used in forging Predator weaponry, he assumes that they need to be coated over with adamantium without any forethought that merely forging them to a molecular level would've allowed Dlex material to at least perhaps rival adamantium. And he doesn't take into consideration to what the Yautja can do or what their potential can lead them to becoming on their own.

So far, this just seems like your average run of the mill match.

This is still Scar. He is still armed with Yautja weaponry, still possesses Jehdin training, and still possesses the strength, speed and agility typical of a Yautja of his age. The difference is that his weapons and armor have been given a major upgrade, and his memory is gone: that doesn't change him into a completely different character. I could destroy Spider-Man's memory and give him an adamantium skeleton and claws, but that wouldn't make him Wolverine: he'd be an amnesiac Spider-Man with claws.

By that logic, I suppose Michael Bay's Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles are still Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The point of this is, you can only go so far as to adding to a character to the point where the character becomes unrecognizable. Do you understand what I am saying with this?

Taking your point with Spider-Man, here is another scenario.

As a matter of fact, let's take Batman and let's say he has been bitten by a Radioactive Spider, and decides to ditch the Bat-costume and instead chooses to make a spider themed costume to go in according with the theme of his arachnid powers. Then that's not Batman anymore.

Basically what the writer has done really was just take Scar before the events of Alien vs Predator, and change for the most part who he actually is. He was implanted with memories believing that he was part of a special operations group (presumably Weapon X) and was given a artificial healing acceleration (James Howlett/Logan/Wolverine), and was given Adamantium weapons (Wolverine).

My point is you can only add so much before it starts taking away of what was the original character to where it becomes unrecognizable.

-Rakai'Thwei

#22 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

My apologies, it seems I misunderstood what you were saying for the most part. I blame lack of sleep!

Though I don't believe it was mentioned that Scar received a healing factor in the set-up.

#23 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Though I don't believe it was mentioned that Scar received a healing factor in the set-up.

He had a healing factor and adamantium bones. I called xLEGACYx out on this and then he edited his post.

As far as I am concerned, this is not Scar anymore. It's Wolverine.

-Rakai'Thwei

#24 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hmm. I first read this after he edited, it seems.

#25 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hmm. I first read this after he edited, it seems.

Yeah. You did.

-Rakai'Thwei

#26 Guest_I Forgot To Log In_*

Guest_I Forgot To Log In_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Okay, we get it, you don't like the match set-up. We got it the last several times and we don't really need to see your posts flooding the pages where people would expect a debate instead of someone whining they don't like it, as subtle as the undertone may be. That being said - if you don't like it, don't bother commenting afterwards? Saves a lot of people time. ^.^

That being said - Omega Red kills Scar. I don't care how resistant Scar may be (And yes, I'm taking the Edit into consideration, without the Wolverine enhancements of Adamantium and Haling Factor), a Yautja's resistance is easily put to shame by the likes of Wolverine's regeneration capability which, quite frankly, is insane on its own and Omega Red's Spores do whack things.

That aside - even if Scar had Wolverine's regeneration, Omega Red has something that would actually interfere with the Yautja's healing factor and resistance: Carbonadium. Fun stuff - really puts a hurt on resistances and healing factors aside from the Death Spore.

#27 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Okay, we get it, you don't like the match set-up. We got it the last several times and we don't really need to see your posts flooding the pages where people would expect a debate instead of someone whining they don't like it, as subtle as the undertone may be. That being said - if you don't like it, don't bother commenting afterwards? Saves a lot of people time. ^.^

Now you got me curious to who you are, at least as far as this forum is concerned.

That aside - even if Scar had Wolverine's regeneration, Omega Red has something that would actually interfere with the Yautja's healing factor and resistance: Carbonadium. Fun stuff - really puts a hurt on resistances and healing factors aside from the Death Spore.

Ah yes, the Carbonadium... Aaaaah yes... I completely forgot about this. This much is most certainly true, the carbonadium does interfere with the healing factor, which at this point is non-existant.

-Rakai'Thwei

#28 Guest_Guy who fights_*

Guest_Guy who fights_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Preds can't get above 5 tons in strength.

I mean... even 5 tons is pushing it.

What I'm saying is that the 5 ton pred would be equivalent to the Olymipc Weight Lifter on Steroids, as seen in the pic below.

Posted Image

Whereas Most Professionals that work in fields that require strength look more like the guy in the picture below here...

Posted Image

Notice the difference...

#29 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

That would have been me. Except for the Roid Rage above.

Anyhoo - Carbonadium

Its an extremely heavily poisonous and radioactive metal primarily designed to be able to give someone like Omega Red a chance against Wolverine - essentially to weaken him aside from his Healing Factor. Basically if this gets introduced into someone's systems, whether or not they had a healing factor of ridiculous extreme like Wolverine's, it would still hinder them, more so if they lacked such a factor though resistances do help. But as for that, it doesn't really serve any benefit here seeing as mentioned, Wolverine's regeneration outclasses his resistance and he still has trouble with Omega Red. The reason being here is it isn't only the Death Spore Scar has to worry about, its also the heavy radioactive poisoning on top of the life-force draining capability Omega Red has which he utilizes in conjunction with his Carbonadium Coils, which would most certainly introduce the trace elements into his systems seeing as he uses them for combat as well... so essentially, he would be fighting on three fronts internally - the radioactive poisoning, the death spores, and the life-force drains. So much for Scar's resistance.

#30 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Preds can't get above 5 tons in strength.

Oh good lord, not this again..

-Rakai'Thwei

#31 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I assure you I wasn't the one who posted that. ^.^

#32 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I assure you I wasn't the one who posted that. ^.^

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

-Rakai'Thwei

#33 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

That being said - Omega Red kills Scar. I don't care how resistant Scar may be (And yes, I'm taking the Edit into consideration, without the Wolverine enhancements of Adamantium and Haling Factor), a Yautja's resistance is easily put to shame by the likes of Wolverine's regeneration capability which, quite frankly, is insane on its own and Omega Red's Spores do whack things.

Not to play Devil's Advocate, but Rakai does have a point, albeit overstated quite a few times.

#34 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well I can understand the disparity but in the time I took to type that post with which I logged in to post, someone else had posted that. I think you're wholly aware of another entity aside from me that has issues with that. ^.^ I'm not attempting to dredge dead horses back from the grave to beat once more with a stick.

Beyond that I was focusing Omega Red and your argument of the resistance aspect of the Yautja nothing more - the strength factor had nothing to do with my post. ^.^ Though of course you're welcome to choose whom to believe - I'm merely defending myself.

And Z - that much is pretty clear but thanks for your input. ^.^

#35 Guest_Guy who fights_*

Guest_Guy who fights_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Yeah... didn't think you wouldn't figure that one out. I mean, the name, my argument, and the fact that Panzer there was Logging in at the time I posted... Also all my elipses... they... kinda.... give...... me....... away....... :D

#36 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

^.^ ^.^ ^.^ :blink:

#37 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Well I can understand the disparity but in the time I took to type that post with which I logged in to post, someone else had posted that. I think you're wholly aware of another entity aside from me that has issues with that. ^.^ I'm not attempting to dredge dead horses back from the grave to beat once more with a stick.

Well if people don't want to believe me, that's fine but I do know that I am not lying when I actually share the information which I often times post up. All I know is that it had to have come from somewhere, and it's not on just this forum where that information is on as well but also information found on factpile and other comicbook geek forum sites. So it had to have come from somewhere.

Regarding what was seen from Predator: Concrete Jungle, you know, the infamous door lifting feat which has been under contention? I've actually gone out of the way to look for an online game developer and get his input on the whole feat to whether it should be discounted or not.

-Rakai'Thwei

#38 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

*Sigh*

RakaiThwei - I'm not arguing anything of the sort in relevance to the Yaujta's strength. I'm already aware of the instance - or more appropriately, the debacle - of the video game's feat and the lengths you've went to in regards to it. I was involved in it, if you'll recall. Once more, it is irrelevant to the discussion I am trying to bring here. I have nothing to do with Skirmisher's attempts at provoking negative (or what else) responses from you. I'm merely trying to engage into a discussion regarding one thing: Scar Predator's Internal Resistance in relevance to the Death Spore, the Life Drains, and the Carbonadium. So far I haven't seen a single response from you in regards to this (and I don't mean to heckle, as it may come off as such), but you seem pretty intent on focusing the strength instance and the fiasco associated with it.

#39 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Beyond that I was focusing Omega Red and your argument of the resistance aspect of the Yautja nothing more - the strength factor had nothing to do with my post. ^.^ Though of course you're welcome to choose whom to believe - I'm merely defending myself.

And Z - that much is pretty clear but thanks for your input. ^.^

It's what I'm here for. :P

#40 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

*Sigh*

RakaiThwei - I'm not arguing anything of the sort in relevance to the Yaujta's strength. I'm already aware of the instance - or more appropriately, the debacle - of the video game's feat and the lengths you've went to in regards to it. Once more, it is irrelevant to the discussion I am trying to bring here. I have nothing to do with Skirmisher's attempts at provoking negative (or what else) responses from you. I'm merely trying to engage into a discussion regarding one thing: Scar Predator's Internal Resistance in relevance to the Death Spore, the Life Drains, and the Carbonadium. So far I haven't seen a single response from you in regards to this (and I don't mean to heckle, as it may come off as such), but you seem pretty intent on focusing the strength instance and the fiasco associated with it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ethan, c'mon, I know when a guy is being a dick just for shits and giggles man. I think Skirmisher is doing this in all good fun just for a laugh.

Really, I never even brought up the whole strength thing. Not once in this discussion (I'm not even calling it a debate because really, what's to debate?) have I mentioned the whole strength thing. Now, I know that Skirmisher has posted this up just to heckle me and just get me to shake my head in disapproval. Really, I know the guy is a nice guy and considering the images which he's posted up, I'm assuming this is all in good trolling fun. It actually got a chuckle out of me.

Just two guys being dicks, one being a bigger dick to get a good shits and giggle out of it.

And you know what, he got the reaction out of me that he wanted.

In regards to the carbonadium tentecles and the life draning, well, I am not going to contend that because I don't see how Scar is actually going to defend that. So that's just something I really can't counter.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users