xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

xLEGACYx

Scar was poised in the shadows of the trees as the moon light illuminated the mountain side. Scar had been stalking his prey for sometime. He had trailed him through the winter frost. The mountain side was covered with a fresh layer of snow from the day. Through his IR lens he studied the figure trudging through the snow up the mountain. Scar leaped from tree to tree with the agility of a monkey and landed with the gentleness of a cat. As the figure walked behind a rocky outcropping he simply vanished. Scar waited in the trees to see what would happen next. As his curiosity got the better of him he creeped across the rocky surface. Inspecting where the the figure disappered he saw the rock flicker. Realization flooded his mind and as he went to run the holograms around faded and lights lit up the area. Scar felt dozens of pin pricks and suddenly felt so tired. Falling to the ground he layed face up in the snow. As his mind became clouded his saw figures hovering over him as he faded from conciousness. His last thoughts were of shame for falling for such a ruse. Now the reprogramming could begin...

Scar's eyes began to open and his head swam with grogginess. He could feel the cold steel table beneath him. Doctors were huddled around him as he lay on the table. Flashes of memories and realization invaded his mind. In these thoughts he realized he was a special operative for a covert faction. Through the psychosis Scar underwent he was no longer himself. The only problem is he couldn't recognize it. His weapons (wrist blades, spear, and smart disc) had been coated with adamantium. He now had the tools and ability to accomplish anything the agency had planned. His codename was now Weapon Infinity. As the Doctors talked with the military personel they told them to prey he never remembers his past life. If this creature recalls his past life like Weapon X we feel it could be much worse.

SOMETIME LATER...

Weapon Infinity had been on many missions since his reprogramming. Another operative had gone rogue and decimated a satelite operating base. The rogue agents name was Omega Red. He had been spotted heading towards Canada enroute towards the organizations main HQ. It is now Weapon Infinity's objective to stop him before he reaches the HQ.

Weapon Infinity (Scar Predator) with wrist blades, spear, and smart disc
This is before Scar's hunt in AVP

VS

Omega Red

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Learn More About
Scar Predator
Read more about Scar Predator at Wikipedia
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Wikipedia- Predator (Alien) AvPGalaxy.net- AvP Predators

Omega Red
Read more about Omega Red at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Marvel Database

#3 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hey, xLEGACYx, I think I remember you saying you've been with EF for years. If that's the case, you should already know that you should put a story up for an official match, or otherwise make the matchup in the Rumbles Forum.

I'm pretty sure I already know how this battle would go, but I think I'll wait and see if you post a story before I say. You can edit that match post at any time.

#4 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hey, xLEGACYx, I think I remember you saying you've been with EF for years. If that's the case, you should already know that you should put a story up for an official match, or otherwise make the matchup in the Rumbles Forum.

I'm pretty sure I already know how this battle would go, but I think I'll wait and see if you post a story before I say. You can edit that match post at any time.

Well its been years since I have been on here. Yeah I was making the set up while you posted. Its not that great but Im a little rusty.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Turning Scar into Wolverine? Really, Predators are characters that need to be handled by people that actually know about these characters, rather than people who don't and seem to go by the movies and haven't even really so much as even bothered with the EU because they don't know it exist, or rather choose not to so much as even go seek it out.

Really, the whole idea of a Predator undergoing the Weapon X treatment is just.... well, a showing of a lack of understanding of what a Predator can do without these enhancements and what they can achieve on their own technologically as well as physically. I really just don't like what has been done to the character because it's simply "Let's turn this Predator into Wolverine" and it doesn't really work. I know you are trying to even the fight up, but really this just doesn't work. At all.

I'm sorry but... I just don't like this set up very much.

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Turning Scar into Wolverine? Really, Predators are characters that need to be handled by people that actually know about these characters, rather than people who don't and seem to go by the movies and haven't even really so much as even bothered with the EU because they don't know it exist, or rather choose not to so much as even go seek it out.

Really, the whole idea of a Predator undergoing the Weapon X treatment is just.... well, a showing of a lack of understanding of what a Predator can do without these enhancements and what they can achieve on their own technologically as well as physically. I really just don't like what has been done to the character because it's simply "Let's turn this Predator into Wolverine" and it doesn't really work. I know you are trying to even the fight up, but really this just doesn't work. At all.

I'm sorry but... I just don't like this set up very much.

-Rakai'Thwei

I plan on duing an arc with the pred that lets him go against characters he would normally not be able to fight. I know what a Pred can do. I've seen all the movies, played the games, and read all the novels. I just wanted to add a little twist to the story before the inevitable memory relapse.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I plan on duing an arc with the pred that lets him go against characters he would normally not be able to fight. I know what a Pred can do. I've seen all the movies, played the games, and read all the novels. I just wanted to add a little twist to the story before the inevitable memory relapse.

I have done my own arc with Scar, and really he didn't need those enhancements which you've given him. I actually started him off with the lowest physical capabilites that a Young Blooded Predator could achieve, and gave him the bottom of the barrel weapons. Over time with the experience he got in my arc, Scar got physically stronger naturally according to Yautja biology (if you count Predator: Concrete Jungle and Alien vs Predator: Extinction), he started from 2 tons and grow to 10 tons in strength, and he eventually got to the top of the line weapons, and took out some hard guys.

Really, I just don't like the direction where this is going because I just don't believe a Predator needs that kind of enhancements. They're already powerful on their own and just their own considering their biology and training.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

I have done my own arc with Scar, and really he didn't need those enhancements which you've given him. I actually started him off with the lowest physical capabilites that a Young Blooded Predator could achieve, and gave him the bottom of the barrel weapons. Over time with the experience he got in my arc, Scar got physically stronger naturally according to Yautja biology (if you count Predator: Concrete Jungle and Alien vs Predator: Extinction), he started from 2 tons and grow to 10 tons in strength, and he eventually got to the top of the line weapons, and took out some hard guys.

Really, I just don't like the direction where this is going because I just don't believe a Predator needs that kind of enhancements. They're already powerful on their own and just their own considering their biology and training.

-Rakai'Thwei

if you feel that way it will be edited. I just didnt want this to lopsided. I took out the healing and adamantium infused bones but left his weapons coated in it.

#9 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

if you feel that way it will be edited. I just didnt want this to lopsided.

You don't have to edit anything. It's your match.

I just don't like it very much considering what has been done to one character. It's not Scar anymore, it's Wolverine. You turned Scar into Wolverine. Right down to the idea of a memory relapse and whatever has been left of the Scar Predator character has been completely over-written.

As for Dlex weaponry, such as the wristblades and combi-staff being coated in adamantium? What? You must not know that there are four grades of Dlex metal... Low, Medium, High and Plasma Grade.

Plasma Grade is often compared to Adamantium and is believed to rival it by some forum members here, based on the information I have given them, anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

#10 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well its been years since I have been on here. Yeah I was making the set up while you posted. Its not that great but Im a little rusty.

Oh, my bad. Next time, though, you'll probably want to write out the set-up beforehand, then choose the teams in the control panel, as matches are automatically posted immediately once the teams are chosen. In the meantime, it may get graded while no set-up is showing, so be ready to copy/paste the set-up as soon as the match's first post shows.

Now that the match is up, I can see you've given Scar some Wolverine-like enhancements. The healing factor may be the only way he can stand up to Omega Red's death spores. Even with adamantium-coated weaponry, though, I'm not sure Scar could penetrate Arkady's armor. Also, he'll really have to be wary of Red's coils.

All in all, not too bad, though as Rakai mentioned, the adamantium weapon-coating may not be necessary, depending on the weapon's dlex grade.

#11 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Oh, my bad. Next time, though, you'll probably want to write out the set-up beforehand, then choose the teams in the control panel, as matches are automatically posted immediately once the teams are chosen. In the meantime, it may get graded while no set-up is showing, so be ready to copy/paste the set-up as soon as the match's first post shows.

Now that the match is up, I can see you've given Scar some Wolverine-like enhancements. The healing factor may be the only way he can stand up to Omega Red's death spores. Even with adamantium-coated weaponry, though, I'm not sure Scar could penetrate Arkady's armor. Also, he'll really have to be wary of Red's coils.

All in all, not too bad, though as Rakai mentioned, the adamantium weapon-coating may not be necessary, depending on the weapon's dlex grade.

I just made it that way so the would be no misconception or debate on the weapons durability

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

The healing factor may be the only way he can stand up to Omega Red's death spores

According to my research on Omega Red, the Death Spores affects only normal human beings. At least that was what was mentioned on Marvel Database on Omega Red's profile.

Considering that Scar isn't human at all, he might not be affected by Omega Red's Death Spores due to his alien physiology alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 Guest_Djgambrell28_*

Guest_Djgambrell28_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Im sorry Rakai but even I cant agree with that.

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Im sorry Rakai but even I cant agree with that.

Really?

Well, here is an except from Omega Red's profile on Marvel Database concerning the Death Spores.

"Death Factor: Omega Red can emit lethal pheromones (death spores) from his body. These spores result in the weakness or death of anybody in his vicinity. The severity of the effect is based on the endurance, health, and relative proximity of the victims. Normal humans can be killed or incapacitated after a matter of seconds of exposure, while a being with exceptionally accelerated healing powers and physical stamina can sustain exposure for minutes or hours. Omega Red must secrete his pheromones or they will begin to erode his own body. After his most recent resurrection, Arkady was revealed to have stronger and even more potent spores circulating constantly through his tentacles. This generally served as a backup in case of his tentacles ever being cut, which quickly happened. "

And considering the Yautja physiology according to General Rykov's journal entries from Alien vs Predator 2, the Yautja immunity system is so strong that it has been able to resist several strains of Anthrax and keep on fighting without even so much as slowing down. The Anthrax strains being treated like a mere common cold after the Yautja in question was kept for five weeks with strains of the Anthrax virus being pumped into his system while suffering from immense blood loss. Don't believe me?

Posted Image

But you are right on one thing, and I will conceed that the Death Spores may affect a Yautja without these enhancments... But not necessarily very quickly as compared to a normal human being. It'd probably take minutes to possibly hours considering the immune system of the Yautja.

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 Guest_Djgambrell28_*

Guest_Djgambrell28_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Now that I can agree too. I can see the predator lasting much longer than a human but not complete immunity.

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Now that I can agree too. I can see the predator lasting much longer than a human but not complete immunity.

A biologically normal Yautja would have a much higher resistance than a human being.

But a Yautja with artificial Wolverine-like enhancements which are unnecessary, he might as well be immune to them.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 Guest_Djgambrell28_*

Guest_Djgambrell28_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Yea but I dont like that kind of yaujta.

#18 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yea but I dont like that kind of yaujta.

It's not even a Yautja anymore. It's Wolverine.

-Rakai'Thwei

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Actually I don't believe the Death Spores would work on the Predator either. The Predator is neither human or mutant and is basically a alien from another part of the galaxy.

Now I believe the Predator through stealth and precise strategizing could defeat Omega Red as with these upgrades he may be capable of harming Omega Red now. If he tries anything else Omega Red gives him a hell of a beating.

#20 Guest_AvP_*

Guest_AvP_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

How does giving Scar extra abilities in this fight demonstrate a lack of understanding regarding the Yautja?

This is still Scar. He is still armed with Yautja weaponry, still possesses Jehdin training, and still possesses the strength, speed and agility typical of a Yautja of his age. The difference is that his weapons and armor have been given a major upgrade, and his memory is gone: that doesn't change him into a completely different character. I could destroy Spider-Man's memory and give him an adamantium skeleton and claws, but that wouldn't make him Wolverine: he'd be an amnesiac Spider-Man with claws.

Overall, I liked the set-up. It's better than a lot of the stuff that gets put out nowadays.

And Red easily rips him apart, by the way. Considering his death spores overpower even Wolverine's healing factor and turn ordinary men to ash in a matter of seconds, I see no reason to assume that Scar will be immune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users