• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Heh, I'm the same for Eccleston and Tennant alike. There are things in particular I miss about both, but I still like Smith more than either overall.

I agree that he's not as badass as Tennant or Chris-- something I quite like about both his and Davison's Doctors is that they have to earn respect from people who aren't familiar with them. With guys like Pertwee and Baker and Eccleston and Tennant, they can sort of swagger into a room and have people taking orders from them within ten seconds via their very presence and stature.

I really liked that line you linked (and it's from one of my favorite episodes of New Who), but I will say that I think it'd have been more epic if Smith had been a tad more dramatic, maybe even angry (his one constant companion had just been ripped out of her home and stuffed into a human body to die, after all). As it is, it looks like something he's muttering into his friend's ear. Kinda lackluster.

Now, that said, I do think Smith had his fair share of badass moments. A couple of my favorites (can't post full links with the HTML tag because I'm on a tablet so apologies):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ecycHAZtaM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbihgxRYMCE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7baRCX375A (granted, he doesn't really do anything remotely impressive in this scene, but I find the notion of him turning and sauntering off while an entire armada of killing machines scream "DOCTOR WHO?" in his wake totally awesome)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCCMg-rcCQk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXmMAEdpP4 (again, not really badass, just... cool)

Though, watching these, I see what you mean in that he lacks the sheer intensity brought on by the 9th and 10th. I do still think he could pull out some badass lines when he had to, just more... calmly, I guess. Also, I really want him to get a scene similar to this (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxj33ZEtz34 ) or this (www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pve2l3tOGk ) before he leaves-- one that shows just how dark the character is underneath it all, cuz that's something that seems to have largely been forgotten about since Smith came on board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users