11 replies to this topic

#1 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

This is a fight between the masters of prep time so let me place some scenarios:

1. Both get prep time

2. Neither get prep time

3. One takes place in the DC verse

4. One takes place in the Marvel verse

And... GO!

#2 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

1. Both get prep time - Impossible to tell really.

2. Neither get prep time - Doom wins. Without prep he still has a powerful suit, magic, and lets not forget that a completely naked Doom once took over an entire planet with basically nothing.

3. One takes place in the DC verse - Doesn't really matter for these two characters.

4. One takes place in the Marvel verse - Same as 3.

#3 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

3. One takes place in the DC verse - Doesn't really matter for these two characters.

4. One takes place in the Marvel verse - Same as 3.

I had a strange hunch that 3 and 4 wouldn't work, but I assumed that each had a home advantage like Bats in Gotham and Dr. Doom... everywhere every time.

#4 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

I had a strange hunch that 3 and 4 wouldn't work, but I assumed that each had a home advantage like Bats in Gotham and Dr. Doom... everywhere every time.

Well for some characters that have powers that only work in one Universe or the other that is a much bigger thing. (

Sure if Doom is fighting on his home turf in Latveria he will have the advantage, and if Batman is fighting in Gotham he would have an advantage (although not a huge one). But in the end I think that it's not that big of a difference which universe they fight in.

#5 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

1. I'm with Ghost Tiger on this one, could go either way. Both are the leading prep time masters in their respective universes. While Doctor Doom has the skills to build more powerful weapons, Batman is a master planner and tactician. Not to say that Doom isn't, but Batman doesn't let arrogance become his downfall. Still, a part of me thinks Doom will win this through sheer firepower...

2. Clearly in Doom's favour. His armor and sorcery are wicked, and while Bats has the utility belt, it's like comparing a minigun to a pocket knife.

3. and 4. What do these mean? Do they have prep time or not? Can they get help from other heroes/villains? Otherwise I'll say that the home turf might give a slight edge. There could be a good weapon waiting in the Batcave, Doom's castle most likely has devious traps, etc. But, like GT just said, characters of this caliber don't get easily distracted by small surprises. Now, if this means that the other gets prep time, it could get ugly...

#6 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

1. I'm with Ghost Tiger on this one, could go either way. Both are the leading prep time masters in their respective universes. While Doctor Doom has the skills to build more powerful weapons, Batman is a master planner and tactician. Not to say that Doom isn't, but Batman doesn't let arrogance become his downfall. Still, a part of me thinks Doom will win this through sheer firepower...

2. Clearly in Doom's favour. His armor and sorcery are wicked, and while Bats has the utility belt, it's like comparing a minigun to a pocket knife.

3. and 4. What do these mean? Do they have prep time or not? Can they get help from other heroes/villains? Otherwise I'll say that the home turf might give a slight edge. There could be a good weapon waiting in the Batcave, Doom's castle most likely has devious traps, etc. But, like GT just said, characters of this caliber don't get easily distracted by small surprises. Now, if this means that the other gets prep time, it could get ugly...

Agreed on all accounts. I also like the idea of getting help from other heroes/villains, that's an interesting thought, although there are so many options ther eit'd be impossible for an actual debate.

#7 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Agreed on all accounts. Well said.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Since CollegeHumor was brought up in a another section, let's explore what Batman would be without prep time...

#9 Acecool

Acecool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Doom wins in the first scenario. Doom beats people like galactus and the beyonder with a little bit of prep time, on another planet, with little effort.

Actually all of them unless we grant that batman can call on help from the JLA.

Actually, if he has a little bit of prep, he might just absorb or take flashes body then wipe out the JLA too. That mind switch can be a killer.

#10 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

1. Both get prep time
As said, could go either way. Both will have a plan to counter the plan the other guy came up with that would counter his first plan... I hope that's not confusing...

2. Neither get prep time
Either Doom wins and kills Batman or Bats barely escapes with his life then comes back once he's had prep time. This leads to Batman winning round 2 cause Doom likely wouldn't see him as a threat after the first encounter. It culminates in round 3 where they both get prep time and, well see answer 1.

3. One takes place in the DC verse
I assume there's prep time, in which case it leads to #1, but Bats has a slight edge.

4. One takes place in the Marvel verse
same as 3 with advantage Doom, Doom probably wins.

#11 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

Doom wins in all of the situations.

Both with preparation, Doom makes a ritual to magically kill Batman, or goes back in time and stops Bruce from being born.

No prep, Doom blasts a hole in Bruce with his gauntlet, or most likely magics him away.

In DC, Doom does the exact same thing, only now, it is more powerful, because magic is "wilder" in DC.

In Marvel, Doom does the exact same thing.

#12 Guest_brooketh_*

Guest_brooketh_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Batman only has one thing going for him. And that's the JLA. If they're in DCU, and Doom doesn't figure out who would ally themselves with him fast enough, The Bat might win. Unless it's a Doombot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users