• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

December 21st 2012: Judgement Day

While the JLA and Avengers sat in their HQ's planning on a way to save their world's on such a horrible day something extraordinary took place. The weather began to shift and the clouds turned gray. Matter from the Marvel and DC universe started emerging together. The heroes realized Judgement Day was even worse than they had pictured. All heroes from every universe will eventually clash with all the villains from every universe and it could possibly destroy existence as we know it. The battle for world domination may never end. Every channel is broadcasting live from different parts of the world witnessing destruction. While in the merging of the universes something almost even worse than judgement day itself may took place....Two of the most feared villains in the history of the multiverse have managed to come in contact with one another. Darkseid and Thanos have came into terms that their powers together could easily destroy humanity and most of all, superheroes. They have planned to terrorize Earth both using their immeasurable love for greed and power. While in the merging of DC and Marvel universes another universe leaked into the transformation as well. None other than the Image Universe. What both tyrants don't know is two of Earth's most HELLACIOUS heroes have also combined their abilities together to put and end to Darkseid and Thanos' evil schemes. Spawn and Ghost Rider must defend Earth against possibly two of the most feared foes ever known. Can Simmons and Blaze take down the true faces of evil or will evil prevail and proceed to exterminate more heroes? You decide....

All combatants are at normal ability level. no god spawn, pre-crisis darkseid, infinity gauntlet etc. unless it'd make the fight better lol let me know.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Learn More About
Spawn
Read more about Spawn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Todd McFarlane Productions Links: Spawn Wikipedia Toonopedia Spawn

Ghost Rider (Blaze)
Read more about Ghost Rider (Blaze) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wiki-Ghost Rider Marvel Directory Marvel-Ghost Rider

Thanos
Read more about Thanos at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Thanos' Wiki Profile The Marvel Directory: Thanos Marvel's Official Page on Thanos

Darkseid
Read more about Darkseid at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia: Darkseid DC Database: Darkseid JLA Watchtower: Darkseid

#3 The Lord Dragon Reborn

The Lord Dragon Reborn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 360, SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS/MOVIES, FOOTBALL, AND NONREALITY TV SHOWS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

I like the match, can't wait for the setup

#4 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

there it is...let me know what ya think

#5 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

stalemate. surely in physical strength there is a difference but you got two supernatural beings vs two cosmic beings. Darkseid isn't classified as that yet he should be. Neither of them can kill one another and the only slight advantage may be the penance stare on Darkseid if he has a soul at all. Neither side wins

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

stalemate. surely in physical strength there is a difference but you got two supernatural beings vs two cosmic beings. Darkseid isn't classified as that yet he should be. Neither of them can kill one another and the only slight advantage may be the penance stare on Darkseid if he has a soul at all. Neither side wins

last I checked Darkseid was considered a cosmic being due to being a new god. Its just the definition of a cosmic being is defferent between Marvel and DC. Ive seen statements by DC that say beings on the caliber of Darkseid, Superman, Orion, Ion, Earth-3 Alexander Luthor, Superboy-Prime and Parallax are considered cosmic beings.

#7 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

last I checked Darkseid was considered a cosmic being due to being a new god. Its just the definition of a cosmic being is defferent between Marvel and DC. Ive seen statements by DC that say beings on the caliber of Darkseid, Superman, Orion, Ion, Earth-3 Alexander Luthor, Superboy-Prime and Parallax are considered cosmic beings.

who does the fight go to?

#8 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

It's pointless. You have four characters that can't die. So why debate it? Even if it was debated people would go to the same arguments time and time again. Thanos is virtually everything superman is without flight, Thanos can't die, etc, etc.

#9 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

This is not so simple as 'who beats whom. I do not for one, agree that it will be a stalemate. Never.
Ghost Rider's power is derived from a direction embedded in his fabric; a direction coming only when there is 'pure' evil around. If the victim or opponent has 'erred', then Rider almost (most of the times anyway) gets an immediate advantage. Lets not forget he has the power of hell itself that dwarfs most other known cosmic powers by route of one argument, the soul. Everything that has a soul is susceptible to Ghost Rider's 'vengeance' That said, Spawn is a notch below in that sense, if you ask me. While he packs raw power that seems almost limitless, and has a host of 'hell bred' powers, his attack or defense won't necessarily come as a form of vengeance. Hence, as seen in his various brawls with folks like Overtkill, or the Clown, he can be temporarily sidetracked, if not eventually beaten.

Darkseid's powers are well known, as are Thanos'. If they come to the fight with raw power, they instantly win as neither Spawn, nor Rider have the goods to even shield that kind of power, especially when combined. However, as explained above, the hook is that Rider primarily, and Spawn only uptona degree have that extra of extras called the hell fire factor. That factor will automatically stem any attack Seid or Thanos can throw at Rider, amping him upto ridiculous levels and opening portals upon portals of hell fire that will have a variety of effects. The core point for that to happen of course, is that Seid and Thanos should both be 'guilty'. To me, that is where Rider and Spawn will lose. I believe that Thanos and Seid are more like 'forces of nature' than they are 'bad'. They have their place in the realty cosmic, and are often at the cnetre of events that are required to bring along a balance to the scales, even if somewhat lopsided scales. In my opinion, when Rider will not get a 'tether' of guilt to hold onto, he will do the one logical thing he is known to do in that conflicted case; ride off. That will inadvertently leave Spawn, who has been known to retreat, being a smart military fuelled intelligence. The match thus, in my opinion, is by default, going to Seid and Thanos' and not in term sof raw power. Cheers.

#10 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Spawn after defeating Malebolgia can definitely stand to Thanos and Darkseid in power. At this point he's a high level reality warper, able to create his own universes. Thanos and 'Seid go down.

#11 Guest_Ethan_*

Guest_Ethan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

The doors to Darkseid's fortress open and the Rider enters eyes flaring.
Spawn's ally doesn't speak, he just marches, completely unafraid, towards the tyrant standing with his back to them at the far end of the immense hall, looking into a monitor that spans the length of the entire far wall.
Darkseid turns to see his new enemies. A smirk on his face.

I imagine that Darkseid's Omega Beams would leave Ghost Rider's atoms scattered. No, it doesn't "kill" the Rider but it does force him to find a new host as Johnny would be no more.
Spawn on the other hand has immense power and may be able to fend off Darkseid's Omega Beams. Against Darkseid and Thanos together, I imagine Spawn being surprised again and again by their ability to take whatever he dishes out until, given the time he may even destroy them burning out his own life force in the process... but I doubt it.

Darkseid and Thanos win.

#12 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Uh, no. Spawn could easily cause them to stop living, or lock them in a dimension. Or just punch them to death.

#13 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Uh, no. Spawn could easily cause them to stop living, or lock them in a dimension. Or just punch them to death.

That is possible, on someone who can't do likewise. Dimensions, self made containment realities, and 'living' or non--life are Seid's backyard activities. The last time I checked, in terms of opponent levels, Seid's trumps Spawn's any time. I am not saying it will be a cakewalk, but I put firth two posisbilities:
1) If Sied' and Tahnos' souls are indeed 'guilt-ridden', then they lose, 1st courtesy of Ghost Rider, and then Spawn
2) If their souls are not as 'compromised' and they are other world 'anomalies' only doing right by their angle, then Rider's powers will be inaffectual, and Spawn, no matter that he slayed Malebolgia, will be severely shorthanded. From what I have seen across the various storylines, Spawn's expense of his powers usually comes at a cost, that has varied effects, some not as lasting. Plus, at the core, he is human (dead, but human). His 'thinking' and brain set can never match those of two of the wickedest and empowered beings in their respective universe'. Remember, I am only gauging this on a pure visual basis, whereby Seid has faced off something liek the Source, a being that easily trumps Malebolgia in terms of expanse of powers. Malebolgia is reliant on the reality God created around him, and immersed him in. The Source, though subject to the same treatment, is absolute ruler over his self created dominion, and that incluides the architectural ungenuity that spawned the New Gods. And Seid stood upto him, even got around some of the Source's 'purge' machinations. That is a feat still more credible than any of the others' on this particular match.

In a capsule (and logically) I will say that if Seid's and Thanos' souls can be brought to court of judgement, per deomons' and human terms, they lose. If not, (a scenario oft seen in comicdom), then Deid and Thanos trounce. Cheers bros.

#14 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Well the way I see it. Neither Darkseid or Thanos has a soul since neither can truly die. Thanos is truly immortal and Darkseid's body may die but his essence can not be killed, only transferred. Another factor is that neither one feels any guilt in what they do. Thanos only wants to be with Death but is unable to and Darkseid believes that if he ruled the universe would be a better place. No matter how harshly he treats his subjects on Apokolips they worship and praise him. Therefore he is doing good by them. Also between the raw power of Thanos and the Omega Powers of Darkseid they are too much for Rider or Spawn. Darkseid should be able to handle both. Since his Omega beams can go after two targets at once he can effectively hit Rider and Spawn at the same time. In so doing he could place them both in seperate realities where the have been seperated from their power. Then for fun, they could then boom tube there and Seid and Thanos could toy with the powerless Rider and Spawn

#15 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

That is possible, on someone who can't do likewise. Dimensions, self made containment realities, and 'living' or non--life are Seid's backyard activities. The last time I checked, in terms of opponent levels, Seid's trumps Spawn's any time. I am not saying it will be a cakewalk, but I put firth two posisbilities:
1) If Sied' and Tahnos' souls are indeed 'guilt-ridden', then they lose, 1st courtesy of Ghost Rider, and then Spawn
2) If their souls are not as 'compromised' and they are other world 'anomalies' only doing right by their angle, then Rider's powers will be inaffectual, and Spawn, no matter that he slayed Malebolgia, will be severely shorthanded. From what I have seen across the various storylines, Spawn's expense of his powers usually comes at a cost, that has varied effects, some not as lasting. Plus, at the core, he is human (dead, but human). His 'thinking' and brain set can never match those of two of the wickedest and empowered beings in their respective universe'. Remember, I am only gauging this on a pure visual basis, whereby Seid has faced off something liek the Source, a being that easily trumps Malebolgia in terms of expanse of powers. Malebolgia is reliant on the reality God created around him, and immersed him in. The Source, though subject to the same treatment, is absolute ruler over his self created dominion, and that incluides the architectural ungenuity that spawned the New Gods. And Seid stood upto him, even got around some of the Source's 'purge' machinations. That is a feat still more credible than any of the others' on this particular match.

In a capsule (and logically) I will say that if Seid's and Thanos' souls can be brought to court of judgement, per deomons' and human terms, they lose. If not, (a scenario oft seen in comicdom), then Deid and Thanos trounce. Cheers bros.

No, no its not. First of all, the fact that he's dead has no effect on his mental capacity, why would Hell reduce his mental capability when he's the one leading their army? Second of all after killing Malebolgia, his powers don't have any capacity on their use, the counter is gone. Spawn beat a near omniscient demon second to the all-powerful Satan himself, by himself. While he was still a street level character. Keep in mind Malebolgia was almost infinitely more powerful than him. After that, he took down Satan himself and took control of Hell. Keep in mind that he did this from a street level perspective, he wasn't a god, he was facing people who could easily just revoke his powers. But through skill, through intellect, he defeated two of the most powerful entities in the Spawn Universe.

#16 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

No, no its not. First of all, the fact that he's dead has no effect on his mental capacity, why would Hell reduce his mental capability when he's the one leading their army? Second of all after killing Malebolgia, his powers don't have any capacity on their use, the counter is gone. Spawn beat a near omniscient demon second to the all-powerful Satan himself, by himself. While he was still a street level character. Keep in mind Malebolgia was almost infinitely more powerful than him. After that, he took down Satan himself and took control of Hell. Keep in mind that he did this from a street level perspective, he wasn't a god, he was facing people who could easily just revoke his powers. But through skill, through intellect, he defeated two of the most powerful entities in the Spawn Universe.

If I merely take Spawn's first true conquest, Malebolgia, and weigh what went down, it is not hard to see that he faced off Malebolgia when he was not truly at the height of his power. That aside, Spawn had aid from Angela, and only after Malebolgia's compromised state, (not made overtly elaborate in the story telling), did Spawn manage to kill him. Same goes for the other instances. Here and there, give and take, there were 'extras' that aided him. Again, you cite Malebolgia's reference, and I have stated that that demon is subject to another architect's laws, not made his own. In fact, that even goes for Satan. Something like the Source is the maker and architect of his own dimensions, universes and beings. (No to mention, beings powerful enough to trump hell's minions such as were under Malebolgia's reign at least). This is just one angle of consideration. The other is that Spawn was always dead. Yet there was no character in that state more tormented, or confused, or conflicted than him. You could yourself see the instances where he needed aid or rescue against Mammon. It is elementary that in all those instances, he was affected when attacked, or manipulated, or imprisoned , or challenged. Hence, that 'untouchable entity' is not the thing that accrues to him. He had help. or extras, or aid. He just didn't defy logic and get up and trounce those entities himself with the powers they gave him. I still say, Seid, or Thanos are sans these conflicts, handicaps and confusions. Spawn is, you say, a God. There are 2 right here he is going to face. Even the math is not in his favour.

#17 Guest_xLEGACYx_*

Guest_xLEGACYx_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Major PIS in Spawns favor then

#18 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
C This fight was okay, but I think that it was a bit short. It was all just one big block of text, and I think it could have been expanded upon a lot. Work on description
SCORE
Ghost Rider (Blaze) and Spawn: 16
Darkseid and Thanos: 15
FPA: 2.0

#19 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

First of all, this confrontation was a simple but AWESOME idea! Now, it has been said by a few that none of these characters can truly die, which as far as i know has proven to be true. However, if every fight between characters in comic books, movies, etc. was ended by the loser being killed than all but a few characters wouldn't last beyond a couple issues. It is possible to defeat an opponent through incapacitation, "temporary" death, etc and all four of these guys are vulnerable to that. There is nothing to suggest that Darkseid and Thanos have no souls and they are not "forces of nature" in the sense that they are abstract beings simply obeying their nature (like Galactus). They both began as somewhat mortal beings who through quests for power gained "cosmic" power-levels and are every bit as evil in the traditional sense as a common street thug, albeit on an IMMENSE scale. Sadly, all of that was only to establish their vulnerabilities to the Penance Stare.

For who i think should lets look at what we are dealing with. First of all, in most instances comic book dynamic seem to favor magic over mundane, and Darkseid is the only one whose powers are not magical in nature (I believe Thanos' powers are partially mystical). So, despite being cool i think he's the weakest contestant, but only in this specific circumstance. However, Thanos and Darkseid are both schemers and beyond human intelligence (unlike the other fighters), which means they'll probably know their enemies abilities and will find some way to avoid the Penance Stare, which put them both out of commission. that being said Ghost Rider wont be made useless since the guy has taken on Mephisto and Blackheart who are both easily on Thanos' level. Plus, Spawn is the most skilled fighter here which has to count for something. They all have a wide variety of very useful powers, but i believe Spawn's sheer determination and fighting ability (plus his BADASS powers) combined with one of the Most powerful Marvel heroes cannot be defeated. Plus one for the good guys!

#20 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

What are you talking about? He nearly killed Malebolgia the first time by transforming into his demon form. Malebolgia came back stronger than ever, at which point Spawn killed Malebolgia by himself. Yes, he did trounce those entities with his powers, how about you actually read the comic you're arguing? The only point where he received a significant outside power boost was from the Miracle Man. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the rest of that, but Spawn easily has the raw power to simply erase the opposition from existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users