Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I figured much too late that you were being lighthearted.

-Rakai'Thwei

I blame the internet's lack of inflection, I probably should've used an emoticon to denote such.

#42 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I haven't seen anything in this thread indicative of this Predator beating Wolverine. So the Predator will do whatever it takes to win, so will Wolverine. So the Predator has 3-5 ton strength, some of Wolverine's feats approach that level too, such as picking up cars and shattering steel chains. So the Predator is experienced in the hunt- Wolverine's experienced in fighting superpowered beings. So the Predator is old, so is Wolverine.

#43 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Oh come on, not this BS again...

First off, we need to account the rank of the Yautja in question, and not to mention the level of equipment the Yautja in question is using.

Seriously, Wolverine is not the end all, beat all.

-Rakai'Thwei

no but it does not take a galactus level being to beat a pred and what weapon does the average pred have that is capable of beating wolverine .

#44 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I haven't seen anything in this thread indicative of this Predator beating Wolverine. So the Predator will do whatever it takes to win, so will Wolverine. So the Predator has 3-5 ton strength, some of Wolverine's feats approach that level too, such as picking up cars and shattering steel chains. So the Predator is experienced in the hunt- Wolverine's experienced in fighting superpowered beings. So the Predator is old, so is Wolverine.

That's not exactly the point of me presenting my arguements.

The reason why I am arguing is the fact that people are so quick to dismiss a Yautja, any Yautja, regardless of the level of strength or the experience, to lose so immediately to Wolverine.

I'm not saying Wolverine doesn't stand a chance, but I am also saying that the Predator has a chance.

-Rakai'Thwei

#45 The Lord Dragon Reborn

The Lord Dragon Reborn

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 360, SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS/MOVIES, FOOTBALL, AND NONREALITY TV SHOWS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

No one is trying to say that the Pred doesn't stand a chance, we just feel that ultimately Wolverine has the best chance.

#46 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

No one is trying to say that the Pred doesn't stand a chance, we just feel that ultimately Wolverine has the best chance.

And that's fine, but when you actually take the time to research the Predator character(s) as I have by watching the films, reading the expanded universe material, and playing the games as I have for many years-- I feel as if the Yautja, any Yautja would be more than capable of taking Wolverine out.

I mean I am definitely in the minority here and I am not sure if there is anyone who has invested in the Alien vs. Predator franchise as I have here on this forum.

Considering that Wolverine is dealing with a Bad Blood Predator, who is of average strength for the average Predator (which is somewhere between 2 - 5 tons) and has a fair amount of experience, I personally feel that this is a toss up and I could argue that this Yautja could beat and claim Logan's life. Now that's just my opinion.

The problem with hackneyed matches like this, is that there are too many variables, very few specifics, and little to know information which leaves us to assume that we're dealing with the kind of Predator we see in the movies and only the movies, when really, the expanded universe does got hand in hand with the movies as well as the games and if you count those like I do... whole different ball game.

-Rakai'Thwei

#47 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

The Predator has the firepower and equipment to defeat Wolverine. The Predator with his mask could do a quick x-ray of Wolverine's body as he will detect something in Wolverine's body which that something we know is his metal. The Predator is smart enough and has the experience along with the firepower to find a weakness in Wolverine to kill Wolverine or at least put him down for a while. Wolverine has lost alot to super-powered beings and other opponents in his first encounter with them if you look at his history.

Now here is the thing no one is taking into consideration. One Wolverine won't really be able to track the Predator too well because he has never encountered it before nor does he even know what he is dealing with. Wolverine won't be able to detect its scent and more because he doesn't know what its like nor do Predators even leave a trace or anything from there attacks that leads to them. Also being in the jungle which has other animals, scents, and stuff willl throw him off. This has been shown to be the case before in the comics. Wolverine doesn't even know his enemy is from another planet in another part of the galaxy. Wolverine does not know a damn thing about the Predator so even if he engages it in combat if he goes about fighting it his usual way he will get killed as the Predator will tear him apart.

Last the Predator in hiding using his cloaking device with his weapons could take Wolverine out from a distance before Wolverine even knows what hit him.

#48 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

The Predator has the firepower and equipment to defeat Wolverine. The Predator with his mask could do a quick x-ray of Wolverine's body as he will detect something in Wolverine's body which that something we know is his metal. The Predator is smart enough and has the experience along with the firepower to find a weakness in Wolverine to kill Wolverine or at least put him down for a while.

Here is the thing about Wolverine's healing factor-- and this is something which a lot of people have purposely never even so much as brought up, oh so conveniently because of the fact either they know it's something which could be crucial in Wolverine's fall, or they don't even know it and aren't Wolverine fans to begin with.

Wolverine's healing factor can be over-worked, and it has been over-worked in the past. Sure, Wolverine can take a lot of damage but there have been instances to where even his healing factor has not been enough to save him and he required medical assisstance until his body was at a nominal point for his healing factor to kick in. One instance, was where Magneto had ripped the Adamantium from Logan's bones. Wolverine was taken out for a while and then he lost his mind to a feral state because of it.

Another instance was where Nick Fury had actually caught Logan in a vulnerable position and jabbed a knife into his ear, effectively stopping his brain from funcitoning. And he proved this to a bunch of rookie SHIELD Agents.

There are numerous ways to counter Wolverine's healing factor. Wolverine's wounds could be further aggravated to delay healing, enough for the Predator to deal some siginficant amount of damage, and considering that this is a Bad Blood, I can see the Predator using his plasma caster to play a part in over-working Logan's healing acceleration. And I can see the Predator stabbing his wristblades through Logan's eyes, effectively, rupturing his brain.

-Rakai'Thwei

#49 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

The whole "what metal is more durable" is moot even if they are close in strength/durability, they would never cut into one another. Try slashing two similar swords, they would cling off and not be sliced in half. All I'm saying is that Logan has healing that has shown remarkable strength and has taken hits by Sabretooth who is about 5 ton range, dodged punches from Spiderman who is ten times faster than a human and taken shots from all kinds of weapons,

His up close skills would be enough to render any predator off guard as Logan would bleed, scream and fall over, but would then get up quickly and be close enough where he can damage his foe, everyone that beats him does so by knowing his powers and him fighting people unknown don't know that he heals and can track/hear his foes

#50 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

The whole "what metal is more durable" is moot even if they are close in strength/durability, they would never cut into one another. Try slashing two similar swords, they would cling off and not be sliced in half.

I can agree with that.

All I'm saying is that Logan has healing that has shown remarkable strength and has taken hits by Sabretooth who is about 5 ton range, dodged punches from Spiderman who is ten times faster than a human and taken shots from all kinds of weapons.

Sabretooth's strength seems to fluxuate. He started off somewhere to five tons, then his strength was augmented to fifteen tons, and then it went somewhere back down again. So that point would seem moot.

Also, Predators have taken all kinds of gunshots as well and for the most part shrugged them off in a few ocassions.

His up close skills would be enough to render any predator off guard as Logan would bleed, scream and fall over, but would then get up quickly and be close enough where he can damage his foe, everyone that beats him does so by knowing his powers and him fighting people unknown don't know that he heals and can track/hear his foes

No. Not ANY Predator as you would like to think.

I could see something like that working on an inexperienced Predator, but one who has a fair amount of experience like Diablo or even a vast amount of experience like someone either say Wolf, Smilely or even Dachande... that's not going to work. They wouldn't get careless like you would believe to think.

-Rakai'Thwei

#51 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, too bad Wolverine will be fighting the Predator at a range which renders the plasma caster useless, and has enough skill to prevent getting his eyes stabbed by the Predator. Also, the argument that Wolverine won't be able to sniff out the Predator because he has never encountered anything like the Predator is stupid. In fact, the fact that he's never encountered the Predator HELPS Logan. All he has to do is look for the one smell he DOESN'T recognize. This will also tell him that he's facing an unknown enemy, so Wolverine will likely keep his guard up.

#52 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, too bad Wolverine will be fighting the Predator at a range which renders the plasma caster useless, and has enough skill to prevent getting his eyes stabbed by the Predator.

What makes you think that Yautja in general are terrible in hand-to-hand fighting?

Yautja are also skilled warriors, they are trained from a young age to know how to fight with melee weapons, ranged weapons and even hand to hand. Predators are a whole lot more skilled than you give them credit for, Echo. Primary examples of Predators being great hand to hand combatants are Dachande, Smilely, Dark, Prince and possibly Wolf as well.

You do realize that they have a native martial art which is called Jehdin, right? However I doubt that you would seem to even care about that because either of the following.

You just don't care to learn anything about the Yautja in general, even if I share whatever information from the movies, comics, games and novels with you because you just plain flat out aren't interested and choose not to care about the opposing side's arguments.

Now, Wolveirne does have enough skill to not have his eyes getting stabbed in but there is nothing saying that the Predator doesn't have enough skill to counter Logan's. Even YOU can admit that.

-Rakai'Thwei

#53 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, too bad Wolverine will be fighting the Predator at a range which renders the plasma caster useless, and has enough skill to prevent getting his eyes stabbed by the Predator. Also, the argument that Wolverine won't be able to sniff out the Predator because he has never encountered anything like the Predator is stupid. In fact, the fact that he's never encountered the Predator HELPS Logan. All he has to do is look for the one smell he DOESN'T recognize. This will also tell him that he's facing an unknown enemy, so Wolverine will likely keep his guard up.

Wolverine has to find the Predator first so how is it that the plasma caster will be useless? The Predator will have plenty of time to shoot Wolverine with the plasma caster before they even fight as Wolverine tries to track the Predator while the Predator simply bides his time like usual as he studies Wolverine. Your assuming the Predator will from the start engage Wolverine in close combat which is untrue.

Yeah it would take Wolverine a while to detect the Predator's scent. You think it will be that easy for Wolverine to just detect the one scent that he isn't familar with in a jungle? I don't think so Wolverine is going to be having many scent to get through to find the Predator.

Also if Wolverine loses major organs, a lot of blood, burned very badly by fire or anything hotter, and more he can die. Which we have seen in the comics all three and more to be very true.

#54 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

What makes you think that Yautja in general are terrible in hand-to-hand fighting?

Yautja are also skilled warriors, they are trained from a young age to know how to fight with melee weapons, ranged weapons and even hand to hand. Predators are a whole lot more skilled than you give them credit for, Echo. Primary examples of Predators being great hand to hand combatants are Dachande, Smilely, Dark, Prince and possibly Wolf as well.

You do realize that they have a native martial art which is called Jehdin, right? However I doubt that you would seem to even care about that because either of the following.

You just don't care to learn anything about the Yautja in general, even if I share whatever information from the movies, comics, games and novels with you because you just plain flat out aren't interested and choose not to care about the opposing side's arguments.

Now, Wolveirne does have enough skill to not have his eyes getting stabbed in but there is nothing saying that the Predator doesn't have enough skill to counter Logan's. Even YOU can admit that.

-Rakai'Thwei

First of all, I never said that Predators are terrible in hand to hand fighting, so how about you learn to read before trying to antagonize me.

No, you don't understand Wolverine's hand to hand skill. He's been fighting people with superhuman skill for countless decades. He was able to beat someone in sparring, someone who literally had an INFINITE number of ways to kill a person. You do realize that Wolverine has his own martial art that he uses as well, right? He is literally among the best fighters in the universe in a universe full of people with SUPERHUMAN fighting ability. So how about you go and read up about Wolverine before spouting your mouth about how Predators are so great at hand to hand combat, and some other bullshit about how I don't listen to the other side's opposing arguments when its clear for anyone with the ability to read that I've adressed every single on of your points that you've brought up.

Even YOU can admit that.

#55 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wolverine has to find the Predator first so how is it that the plasma caster will be useless? The Predator will have plenty of time to shoot Wolverine with the plasma caster before they even fight as Wolverine tries to track the Predator while the Predator simply bides his time like usual as he studies Wolverine. Your assuming the Predator will from the start engage Wolverine in close combat which is untrue.

Yeah it would take Wolverine a while to detect the Predator's scent. You think it will be that easy for Wolverine to just detect the one scent that he isn't familar with in a jungle? I don't think so Wolverine is going to be having many scent to get through to find the Predator.

Also if Wolverine loses major organs, a lot of blood, burned very badly by fire or anything hotter, and more he can die. Which we have seen in the comics all three and more to be very true.

Yes, it will be easy. Its not like Wolverine's never been in a jungle before, he can easily pick up the Predator's foreign scent. And how do you assume that the Predator has the upper hand of position? Wolverine's not an amateur at stealth, and its not like he hasn't encountered anything using x-ray or thermal or uv vision before. Besides, the chances are that, in a situation where neither knows anything about the other, wolverine has the opportunity to strike first, or at the very least, take the fight in close.

#56 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

No, you don't understand Wolverine's hand to hand skill. He's been fighting people with superhuman skill for countless decades. He was able to beat someone in sparring, someone who literally had an INFINITE number of ways to kill a person. He is literally among the best fighters in the universe in a universe full of people with SUPERHUMAN fighting ability. So how about you go and read up about Wolverine before spouting your mouth about how Predators are so great at hand to hand combat.

Wolverine has been beaten by people who have had lesser skill than him. And these are individuals who have considerably lesser skill than him, and these are characters who don't even have a healing factor either. Two of those particular being Jubilee and Dazzler. Now while I don't know the details concerning on how they had beaten Wolverine, I do know that they have beaten him.

Also, you're underestimating Predators as well. For one, aside from the Yautja taking on adversaries such as Xenomorphs, Gangsters, Policemen, Special Forces Units, and even the United States Colonial Marines, we do know that they have come across a vast amount of other enemies in the form of extraterrestrial creatures. Now, it's hard to say what kind of creatures they have come across but I am sure that they have come across some creatures out in the vast universe which are probably around the level of superhuman adversaries out there and won.

And then there are some Predators out there who have surpassed the average range for most Yautja. Those notable few being Scarface Predator, Smilely Predator, and Dachande of course.

Scarface was one of the few who have fought the type of opponents that Logan would come across, and had come out on top.

-Rakai'Thwei

#57 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

In the setup the Predator had already been watching Wolverine as Wolverine tracked him so he has most definitely studied Wolverine. Also the Predator already got the first shot in as he blasted Wolverine off a cliff. Now Wolverine who is angry and not thinking straight most likely since thats always the case when he is angry is charging the Predator after escaping being captured in a net.

As far as the situation Logan is in from the setup the Predator has this in the bag. The Predator is fast enough and most definitely skilled enough to kill a charging Wolverine too angry to think straight.

#58 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

First of all, I never said that Predators are terrible in hand to hand fighting, so how about you learn to read before trying to antagonize me.

I was never antagonizing you. I was merely responding to how you had presented your arguments in words which you have chosen to put down and simply responded to it. I damn well know how to read, so don't call me a dullard or bumpkin who is illiterate.

No, you don't understand Wolverine's hand to hand skill. He's been fighting people with superhuman skill for countless decades. You do realize that Wolverine has his own martial art that he uses as well, right?

See my previous post above BigballerJu's. Also, I noticed that you had taken the time to edit your previous post to word your presentations better. Very good on your part there but as I made mention before, Logan has been around for maybe almost a little more than over a century. He's been around since the 1800s I believe, mid to late 1800s?

I've already made mention that Predators are trained at a young age in the art of Jehdin. Predators age a lot slower than human beings, and because of this slow aging, they tend to spend more time with their trainers to learn what they need to learn and hone whatever skills that they need to know a lot longer than human beings are supposed to stay with their parents from the time they are born, to the time that they grow up. So they have ample time for training.

Predators have also the capability of learning other martial arts as well, sometimes even from the unlikliest of teachers-- Human warriors. This is something of a fact, as there was a Predator documented in one of the comics, and perhaps the novels that he had learned the art of Bushido and Kenjutsu, even going as far as to learning Japanese dual sword combat and owns two custom swords. So Predators can also form new styles as well from what they learn over the years. Imagine a Predator who had learned from the Shaolin and learned to use his own latent Qi to imbue his melee and blunt strikes. Predators can learn more than one style and impliment into their own combat.

Just like Logan has.

And there happen to be a number of them.

So how about you go and read up about Wolverine before spouting your mouth about how Predators are so great at hand to hand combat, and some other bullshit about how I don't listen to the other side's opposing arguments when its clear for anyone with the ability to read that I've adressed every single on of your points that you've brought up.

I have read up on Wolverine over on his profile pages on Marvel Database, and Comicvine. But there is nothing like actually immersing yourself in the character, and there is nothing like experiencing from what they have by reading their adventures. So why don't you recommend me some titles or even storylines so I can get a better grasp of the character? Give me some good arcs or titles. I am willing to learn by reading first hand about the character in his own adventures.

From your post it doesn't look like that you have addressed my arguments much. But then again, there isn't a lot to go on in this particular, poorly written match up considering there are few details given and I doubt the writer really doesn't know much about both characters except for the bare bone basics.

-Rakai'Thwei

#59 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

I read what I could on the predators and I don't see Logan losing to the normal predators and even the predalien or even the queen aliens. I see Logan as an entire alien species that has powers that allow him to win cheaply.

Predators would see that he has no weapons but his claws and after multiple shots that haven't killed Logan would ultimately fight him in hand combat.

That's when it gets pretty even where one opponent is fast and strong as Venom and Logan can take punishment from Colossus and such.

Good fight but Logan would win. Not trying to be a wank but I only know of the movies and some games

#60 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I read what I could on the predators and I don't see Logan losing to the normal predators and even the predalien or even the queen aliens. I see Logan as an entire alien species that has powers that allow him to win cheaply.

Winning fights he really shouldn't have won. And surviving situations that he shouldn't have.

I know you remember that Logan had survived a nuclear drop at point blank, and there is no way he shouldn't have survived such a blast but he did. Why? Because the writers at Marvel had wanked him to such insane levels that he had survived impossible situations. And I know you can admit that, Pymp(mex). I know you can damn well fully admit that Wolverine should not have survived that incident without Deus Ex Machina on his side.

Seriously, every cell in his body should've been obliterated, every mitochondria and cellular nuculeai should've been evaporated until there was nothing virtually left. Even his brain would've been burned to oblivion through the eyes, ear canals, and nasal cavities just form the sheer heat of the nuclear explosion. I know the feat is there, but I refuse to recognize it as legit because logically speaking-- he shouldn't have survived.

But because of writer wank, he did.

Logan can survive a nuclear blast, but he cannot survive adamantium being ripped from his bones by Magneto? Talk about your inconsistencies right then and there, and it just plain flat out doesn't make any sense.

Predators would see that he has no weapons but his claws and after multiple shots that haven't killed Logan would ultimately fight him in hand combat.

Honorable Yautja would, but this is not an honorable Yautja. According to the set up, which Nesh had pointed out-- this is a Bad Blood. An Evil Predator. One who doesn't give two shits about honor and the rules of the hunt. All it wants is a good kill, nothing more, nothing less.

It will fight Logan unfairly.

Good fight but Logan would win. Not trying to be a wank but I only know of the movies and some games

See, that's the problem. You're not as immersed in the Alien vs Predator franchise as I am. You've admited that you only know the movies, and maybe one or two of the games but your knowledge covers over a small span of what has been expanded in the last twenty years. And I don't mean to sound like someone who is being pretentuous, but as far as someone on the opposing side who has done the research and immersed themselves in the characters like I have, I do believe I have the right to say this and don't take this the wrong way but: As far as Predators are concerned, I know more than you do.

Now, again, I am not saying that to be pretentuous or arrogant but that's just a fact. You only know a small portion where I know a larger portion than you do. And it's totally fine that you don't know as much as I do, but please do keep in mind and maybe expand your knowledge with some of the points I do bring up.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users