#21 batmanKing989

batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:batman, videogames, tv, comics

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thats probably the worst thing for him to do. Wolverine would be better off with stealth.

wolvie wins no matter what

#22 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

wolvie wins no matter what

Bull shit.

this is a NORMAL preadtor who will get his ass kicked or killed

So we're talking about a Blooded ranked Predator. Blooded ranked Predators have a fair amount of experience, probably equal to Wolverine's and they are without a doubt physically stronger than he is. Probably somewhere in the five ton range of strength.

So no, it's not a definite win for Wolverine.

i'm gonna have to say wolverine wins or they both die fighting because wolvie has a HEALING FACTOR and is pretty much INDUSTRUCTABLE and has SHARP ANDAMANTIUM CLAWS AND BODY

Typical Wolverine wank. This is what pisses me off about Wolverine and his rabid fans.

Predators happen to have a metal known as Dlex, which when refined in plasma energies can definitely rival Adamantium. This has been mentioned in several of the games, and sometimes even the novels as well.

Really, you don't know shit about Predators.

plus the animal instinct and smell although preadtor has baldes too wolverine can break those and preadtor's helmet laser could harm wolvie but not too much and then the invisability won't matter cause wolvie can SMELL him plus like in the setup a net will get torn to shreds so wolvie takes this

Predators are trained Hunters and Warriors since birth. Also they possess keen senses of hearing and smell as well, as described in the novels. So basically, if you're going to pull that "WOLVERINE HAS SOOPER SMELLING! ROFL!" arguement, I can too. Predators have an accute sense of smell, and they also have an accute sense of hearing-- able to hear a whisper up to a mile away.

Really, you're just rooting on Wolverine on sheer face vaule.

-Rakai'Thwei

#23 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Rakai while I do know how strong predators can be (youv shown me) I have to question dlexs durability. Does it have any good showings besides being called indestructable?

#24 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Rakai while I do know how strong predators can be (youv shown me) I have to question dlexs durability. Does it have any good showings besides being called indestructable?

Not necessarily. No, however there is weapon specs from Predator: Concrete Jungle which does that it is indestructable and has exceptional resilience.

Of course this only applies to Plasma Grade Dlex. Any lesser grade of Dlex, save for perhaps High-Grade, which is secondary to Plasma Grade, might not stand up against to Adamantium.

-Rakai'Thwei

#25 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hmm. You read the books yes? What about a showing frm those?

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

The books make mention of several durability feats about Dlex, but those usually consist of the metals withstanding gun firing, extremely high temperatures, and Xenomorph acid splashes here and there. In the Alien vs. Predator universe, there is a mention of Dlex being able to withstand the chronosphere of the sun as far as the novels go.

But if your asking feats of Dlex withstanding something like Thor's Hammer or Hulk's punch, I cannot give that to you because something like that doesn't exist. Superheroes don't exist in the Alien vs. Predator universe, so asking me for something like that is an impossibility.

However, if we take the Word of God trope into accountability, and read what was mentioned in those weapons specifications regarding Plasma Grade Dlex, then you have something which may rival Adamantium. I do know that some people have rated it as close to primary or secondary adamantium. I believe it was SirMethos who had made something of that claim based on the information I shared with him as far as Dlex metal goes.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I have seen some comics were a bomb blew up in the preds gut and he was unharmed due to his armor.

An example of his skills would be in Preator South China Sea he defeated 100 heavily armed men within and hour without being hit. The men had sniper rifles, mortars, AKs, grenades, and M60s to defend the fort they were in. The pred had a plasma caster, spear, net gun, and wrist blades.

#28 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Didn't the original movie had those Commandos lead by Arnold blowing up a portion of the Jungle and finding out the Predator was still untouched? In that movie they had heavy weapons they used and firepower that tore through the jungle which they used on Predator or at least tried but failed.

Yet the Predator was still unharmed. Now either that shows how strong a Predator's armor can be or that shows how fast they could be.

#29 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Didn't the original movie had those Commandos lead by Arnold blowing up a portion of the Jungle and finding out the Predator was still untouched? In that movie they had heavy weapons they used and firepower that tore through the jungle which they used on Predator or at least tried but failed.

The original movie showed that the Commandos were firing at the jungle, but the Predator was initially tagged somewhere in the calf on one of his legs. Keep in mind that this was a Blooded ranked warrior who was more than likely wearing medium grade Dlex armoring, and to penetrate something like that, you'd need high calibur firing rifles and heavy weapons. Again, keep in mind that this was a warrior who was wearing Medium Grade Dlex.

In short, he wasn't wearing the top of the line armor. And that was pretty damn durable either way.

Never the less, he dodged most of the bullets which were being fired at him. Predators can dodge bullets, provided if they see them coming and they can. So they have a pretty fast reaction time when it comes to dodging bullets. I would say they would be just about a level below Spider-Man in dodging bullets as far as reaction speed goes in terms of dodging.

-Rakai'Thwei

#30 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'd like to point out that according to the set-up this isn't your average Yautja. It slaughtered an entire village. That would include women and children,the elderly, and possibly pregnant women. This Yautja broke the rules of The Hunt and is therefore a Bad Blood deviod of any honor. He will not play by the rules of The Hunt. It will do anything and everything to get the kill and not engage in fair combat like a normal Yautja.

Now assuming this Predator was a Blodded warrior before going bad, all o Rakai arguments apply, this thing is armed to the teeth and will not engage in fair combat like a normal Yautja. If Logan chaarge in he's in trouble.

#31 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'd like to point out that according to the set-up this isn't your average Yautja. It slaughtered an entire village. That would include women and children,the elderly, and possibly pregnant women. This Yautja broke the rules of The Hunt and is therefore a Bad Blood deviod of any honor.

Assuming that this is true, and considering that this is a Predator who could be somewhere in the Blooded ranking level of experience and level of strength which would be somewhere around 2 to 5 tons in strength. Logan is even in more trouble than I initially thought.

All bets are off as far as a Bad Blood Predator is concerned. These are Predators who won't be playing fair at all whatsoever, and for all intents and purposes they might've even acquired or stolen some weaponry which is reserved for the high ranking warriors such as Elders and Veteran warriors. If that is the case here...

Logan is in SERIOUS trouble.

-Rakai'Thwei

#32 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Assuming that this is true, and considering that this is a Predator who could be somewhere in the Blooded ranking level of experience and level of strength which would be somewhere around 2 to 5 tons in strength. Logan is even in more trouble than I initially thought.

All bets are off as far as a Bad Blood Predator is concerned. These are Predators who won't be playing fair at all whatsoever, and for all intents and purposes they might've even acquired or stolen some weaponry which is reserved for the high ranking warriors such as Elders and Veteran warriors. If that is the case here...

Logan is in SERIOUS trouble.

-Rakai'Thwei

Well let's look at the OP itself shall we? The first line in fact

Nick Fury had finished debreifing wolverine of how a creature has completely killed a village of people and he needs him to kill it.

Emphais aded by me. Completely killed, that means no survivors and that the Yautja was directly responsible. Yep, we're looking at a Bad Blood here.

#33 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yep, we're looking at a Bad Blood here.

Then that little fact completely changes the original point of view on how this fight may potentially end.

-Rakai'Thwei

#34 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Then that little fact completely changes the original point of view on how this fight may potentially end.

-Rakai'Thwei

It also goes to show that the Rumble creator knows nothing about Yautja and their honor code as he claimed this was your average Yautja. Bad Bloods aare a nasty breed... I feel bad for Logan.

#35 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

I feel bad for Logan.

I most certainly don't. :D

-Rakai'Thwei

#36 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Not entirely true.

For the most part, the Predators in the films have mostly died out of plot convenience and plot induced stupidity. In the case of Diablo Predator, Scar Predator, Wolf Predator, they were killed solely for plot convenience and we shouldn't hold plot convenience kills as accurate. If anything, Diablo, Scar and Wolf Predator would give Logan a fight.

-Rakai'Thwei

The thing is, considering wolverine's abilities and training, a large portion of his losses are acquired thanks to PIS and plot device. If this wasn't the case, there would be a lot more dead heroes and villains. It would be a really good and close fight but Wolverine has an extremely unrealistic healing factor based on "comic book physics". Every time Wolverine gets hit, he will likely heal and keep coming; every time the Predator gets hit, he will continue to be weakened.

Yes, this fight could go either way but without PIS I don't think that it's 50/50. I vote Wolverine after a great fight.

#37 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I most certainly don't. Posted Image

-Rakai'Thwei

Oh you, no respect for the dead.

#38 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Oh you, no respect for the dead.

No, I have respect for the dead.

I just don't like most Marvel superheroes. Some I like, but in the case of Logan... Not so much.

-Rakai'Thwei

#39 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

No, I have respect for the dead.

I just don't like most Marvel superheroes. Some I like, but in the case of Logan... Not so much.

-Rakai'Thwei

You are aware that was meant to be lighthearted right? I wasn't actually implying any lack of respect.

#40 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

You are aware that was meant to be lighthearted right. I wasn't actually implying any lack of respect.

I figured much too late that you were being lighthearted.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users