#1 batmanKing989

batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:batman, videogames, tv, comics

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Nick Fury had finished debreifing wolverine of how a creature has completely killed a village of people and he needs him to kill it. As the helicopter descends wolverine leaps into the woods and follows footprints. It's snowing and he can't see if any clues were left on the ground so he moves slowly sniffing and looking. Then wolverine see's a cliff with spikes in it so he climbs. The footprints end here and he see's broken twigs on the floor so it must be close by if the snow hasn't covered it up. It must be in the trees thinks wolverine, meanwhile the predator is invisable watching wolverine follow it's trail. Wolverine stops and sniffs the air. The creature is close. The predator shoots a laser that blasts wolverine off the cliff. The predator advances and throws a net on him. Wolverine slashes free of the net and charges yelling.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!!!!!! VOTE!!!!!

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Learn More About
Wolverine
Read more about Wolverine at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wolverine Wiki entry Marvel Wolverine-Answers.com

Predator
Read more about Predator at Wikipedia
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Planet AVP Fox Movies

#3 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

wolverine wins pred can't put him down.

#4 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

wolverine wins pred can't put him down.

Oh come on, not this BS again...

First off, we need to account the rank of the Yautja in question, and not to mention the level of equipment the Yautja in question is using.

Seriously, Wolverine is not the end all, beat all.

-Rakai'Thwei

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Actually Rakai is right on this one. Depending on the Predator Wolverine could lose. Predators have some serious firepower that could do some hurt to Wolverine. Plus a Predator with the right experience, skill, and equipment we know for a fact can take on superheroes on Wolverine's level probably more.

Hell are Predators canon in DC? It seems to me they are as they have fought the Wildcats, Justice League, Batman, Superman, and more. Which all those crossovers are connected and all that.

Edit: Sorry that was Wildcats vs Aliens I believe on that one account.

#6 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Plus a Predator with the right experience, skill, and equipment.

And strength, don't forget strength. Some Predators, depending on age and rank are stronger than others.

Hell are Predators canon in DC? It seems to me they are as they have fought the Wildcats, Justice League, Batman, Superman, and more. Which all those crossovers are connected and all that.

General rule of thumb is that most intercompany crossovers are not canon. So, no they are not.

However, Aliens vs WildCats is canon according to Warren Ellis as it leads up to the creation of the Authority team.

-Rakai'Thwei

#7 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

By the way, this has been done in the official issues.

http://www.electricf...ghts/wolvie.htm

#8 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Predators are not the end all beat all lol

#9 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Predators are not the end all beat all lol

Never said they were.

-Rakai'Thwei

#10 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

By the way, this has been done in the official issues.

http://www.electricf...ghts/wolvie.htm

Meh, this is the Rumbles. :D Quite frankly, I'm glad this forum's getting a bit more attention. Still, that back issue's a nice read, for the commentary and for the battle.

Anyways, as stated, whether a Predator can beat Logan depends on the physical level, skill, arsenal, and experience of the Predator in question. Thankfully, after reading many Pred matches and their accompanying comments, I know a little bit. If the Elder Predators are truly capable of the things I've seen from these matches, one could really give Wolvie a hard time.

Being stronger and quicker, an Elder can go toe to toe with Logan for a while. Any difference in fighting skill would likely be negligible here. An Elder's plasma-grade blades should also probably be able to block strikes from Wolverine's claws. Logan could probably outlast the Elder in direct combat, though, so the Pred's best bet would be to start using its stronger incendiaries, explosives, and the plasma caster to incapacitate him (though that won't be easy, either, because Logan is very good at stealth when he wants to be). They probably won't kill him, though, so the Elder would have to decapitate Wolvie while he's down. And even decapitation would have to be almost surgical in precision, as the cut would likely have to be made between vertebrae to avoid running into the adamantium bones.

Another possibility is the Smart Disc. I've heard that it can divide molecules, (or something like that) but adamantium has a very stable molecular structure.

#11 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

And even decapitation would have to be almost surgical in precision, as the cut would likely have to be made between vertebrae to avoid running into the adamantium bones.

If the Predator in question is wearing a bio-mask and sets his visual sensories to X-ray vision, he would be able to see where he should strike Logan for a decapitation swing. After all, AvP: Alien vs Predator did show us that Predators do have access to a form of X-ray vision. So if this is an Elder that is in the fight, upon discovering that Logan has adamantium in his bones, it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Elder to go for a decapitation strike, and utilize X-ray vision to see where he should strike for the killing blow.

Another possibility is the Smart Disc. I've heard that it can divide molecules, (or something like that) but adamantium has a very stable molecular structure.

This is also very true.

However it's highly unlikely that the Smart Disc would be able to do much damage to adamantium.

-Rakai'Thwei

#12 The Lord Dragon Reborn

The Lord Dragon Reborn

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 360, SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS/MOVIES, FOOTBALL, AND NONREALITY TV SHOWS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Wolverine throws steath out the window and goes toe to toe with the Predator and effectively takes most of the Predators arsonal out of the equation. It's a strugle at first but Wolverine stands the victor.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Wolverine throws steath out the window and goes toe to toe with the Predator and effectively takes most of the Predators arsonal out of the equation. It's a strugle at first but Wolverine stands the victor.

Thats probably the worst thing for him to do. Wolverine would be better off with stealth.

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

No, no, no.

Wolverine has a chance, but it's not like that. See, this is why I sometimes have gripes with people who underestimate or don't know jack about Predator characters, or the creature in general and assume the superhero always wins. They don't know anything about the character.

See, if this fight was between Wolverine and a Young Blooded, Wolverine would win.

If this was a fight between a Wolverine and a Blooded ranked Predator, you'd have something of a toss up.

Anything that's a veteran to an Elder, odds are against Wolverine. For all we know, a Veteran or an Elder Predator would have far more experience than Logan. I mean, Logan's been around since the 1800s?

A veteran or an Elder would've been in the combat field for maybe 600 to 1000 years..

There are too many variables in this fight.

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Never said they were.
-Rakai'Thwei

I was joking really.

I have one thing to say about Logan that although is a cheap cop out is his claws and regen. Any predator that has been shown in the movies would lose to Logan, and I havent read any comics or books on the predators to say Logan would beat them all,

Now Logan at his smartest would be a great fight, as he can probably smell them, also he could hear them shoot and react plus heal if need feed

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Any predator that has been shown in the movies would lose to Logan, and I havent read any comics or books on the predators to say Logan would beat them all,

Not entirely true.

For the most part, the Predators in the films have mostly died out of plot convenience and plot induced stupidity. In the case of Diablo Predator, Scar Predator, Wolf Predator, they were killed solely for plot convenience and we shouldn't hold plot convenience kills as accurate. If anything, Diablo, Scar and Wolf Predator would give Logan a fight.

The Predators who have rightfully lost were Ghost Predator, Chopper Predator and Celtic Predator and of course the Black Super Predators.

Ghost lost because he had gotten arrogant and left himself wide open for Harrigan to kill him.

Chopper Predator was killed because he was too focused on killing Alexa Woods and was therefore left open when Grid Alien had impaled him with his tail.

Celtic Predator was killed because he hesitated in delivering the killing blow to Grid Alien while he had him trapped in the net.

The Black Super Predators were killed just for sheer stupidity.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

And Logan doesn't suffer that fate, stupidity or alien dumbness lol same thing.

But really you take any movie predator and take Xmen Origins Wolverine that just got his metal and I say Logan

Take the comic books versions and I only know Logan's so I can't comment

#18 batmanKing989

batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Actually Rakai is right on this one. Depending on the Predator Wolverine could lose. Predators have some serious firepower that could do some hurt to Wolverine. Plus a Predator with the right experience, skill, and equipment we know for a fact can take on superheroes on Wolverine's level probably more.

Edit: Sorry that was Wildcats vs Aliens I believe on that one account.

i'm gonna have to say wolverine wins or they both die fighting because wolvie has a HEALING FACTOR and is pretty much INDUSTRUCTABLE and has SHARP ANDAMANTIUM CLAWS AND BODY plus the animal instinct and smell although preadtor has baldes too wolverine can break those and preadtor's helmet laser could harm wolvie but not too much and then the invisability won't matter cause wolvie can SMELL him plus like in the setup a net will get torn to shreds so wolvie takes this

#19 batmanKing989

batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

And Logan doesn't suffer that fate, stupidity or alien dumbness lol same thing.

But really you take any movie predator and take Xmen Origins Wolverine that just got his metal and I say Logan

Take the comic books versions and I only know Logan's so I can't comment

either way wolvie wins

#20 batmanKing989

batmanKing989

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Not entirely true.

For the most part, the Predators in the films have mostly died out of plot convenience and plot induced stupidity. In the case of Diablo Predator, Scar Predator, Wolf Predator, they were killed solely for plot convenience and we shouldn't hold plot convenience kills as accurate. If anything, Diablo, Scar and Wolf Predator would give Logan a fight.

The Predators who have rightfully lost were Ghost Predator, Chopper Predator and Celtic Predator and of course the Black Super Predators.

Ghost lost because he had gotten arrogant and left himself wide open for Harrigan to kill him.

Chopper Predator was killed because he was too focused on killing Alexa Woods and was therefore left open when Grid Alien had impaled him with his tail.

Celtic Predator was killed because he hesitated in delivering the killing blow to Grid Alien while he had him trapped in the net.

The Black Super Predators were killed just for sheer stupidity.

-Rakai'Thwei

this is a NORMAL preadtor who will get his ass kicked or killed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users