#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

“You got to be kidding me? A pirate ship?” Landing softly on a decrepit wooden deck, it creaks loudly despite his caution. “Damn.” He mouths silently. “Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn…” His voice echoes from nearly every direction of the old ship he has come into; each articulation different and more sinister than the last. The unnatural echo silences him. His rock hard frame tightens as he eyes his surroundings. Not afraid, but cautious he wearily begins to make his way about the ship almost forgetting the camera crew he has left behind on a nearby raft. Loudly and clumsily, they make their way on deck. “Right behind you, Mr. Zone. Wait up! Don’t start the action without us!” They yell heedless of the dangerous surroundings.

“Shut the @#% up!” Zone roars. The crew comes to a screeching halt, fumbling into one another. Their eyes widen, “What is it? Nothing the Zone can’t handle. We’ll be out of here in minutes. What a scoop!”

“Man! I said shut up!” Zone roars, also forgetting his own cautionary advice. Again, his voice echoes chillingly about the dark freighter. The crew goes silent with fear. Out of the blue, a whimpering is heard in the distance. Without hesitation, Zone rises from the ground and zooms overboard to check it out. “Wait Mr. Z…” The crew begins to yell, but the ship begins to tremor violently. The head reporter inelegantly finds his microphone and sets up for their report. “We are here live in the middle of the ocean, on what seems to be a ghost ship. This is our third day on the job with superstar vigilante, the Zone and it seems finally we are getting some action.” The reporter signals the crew to follow and quickly pursues the trail of wreckage Zone leaves in his wake. As they run, the reporter hastily tries to set up the scene, “Just minutes upon our arrival, the ghost ship welcomed our hero with a little unsuspected surprise. As we all know there have been local rumors around Khazan of a dreadful pirate ship terrorizing neighborhoods from the skies. Although this ship seemed abandoned upon entry, just minutes ago, a call for help was heard. We are following, Sin Eater, the Zo…”

Without warning, a rope whips from high above and entangles itself around the neck of the reporter. The crew watches in horror as the reporters is thrashed violently into the air, his neck quickly snapped. In unison, they scream. The reporter’s body trembles as urine runs down his leg followed by a retching smell. Their teeth clench in fear. At least one other in the crew wet themselves. One of the news crew members points to a high perch above. A mist covers what seems to be a man in a crow’s nest. A jolly roger flaps menacingly. Before the crew can react, metal railings unfasten themselves and discharge into them. In the blinking of an eye, all but one of them is impaled and twitching convulsively. The camera man drops his camera and falls to his knees praying. “Lord pleases… here me…” Suddenly, the very wooden planks beneath him unravel and ensnare him, squeezing his body to the floor in a vice grip. Nearby, a man begins to rise straight from the floor. His face is covered in a devilish mask. He grumbles, “Belay that noise, ya lubber. The grown ups are about to talk.”

No sooner than said, Zone smashes from the floor and onto the deck. “Argh took ya long enough.” Old Rogers mocks. Zone fumes, waving his fist, “You punk ass, you think this is a game? You think you can just lead me on wild goose chas...oh sh!t?” Zone surveys the deck. Taking in the carnage, the Sin Eater seethes. Roger follows Zone’s eyes up at the hanging man, within his mask he smiles, “Looks like your friend there is dancin’ the ol’ hempen jig!” Roger fits riotously over his own jest. Zone’s eyes go cold. “You know you done f’d up right?” Old Roger lurches forward and cocks his head tauntingly. In a sinisterly serious tone, he replies, “That remains to be seen.” Raging, Zone rushes forward. Like a metallic wall, the floor juts upward. Zone slams into it hard. It cracks and crumbles. “Harder than before, eh?” Rogers laughs and suddenly sinks beneath deck like water oozing through the floor. Lightening quick, the flooring rises becoming almost metallic and covers the Zone in a thick plating. With heavy exertion he bursts free and flies upward, preparing to dive full force into the floor. At the same time, the ship becomes alive like a wild animal. Dozens of cannons and gun turrets spring from out of thin air, automatically loading themselves with round shots, 40 pound iron balls, bundle shots, explosive shells and anything else an imaginative homeless man could come up with. The Zone’s descent became a race for his life. For every cannon destroyed another would rise. Zone roars in defiance as he tries to avoid as many shots as possible, “You think you can stop me!!”

Eerily and even through the booming of heavy cannon fire, a gravely voice comes from everywhere at once…

“Ay man o’ war, ye’ll kiss the gunner’s daughter before this day is done.”

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Learn More About
Old Roger
Origination: Eldritch
Alignment: Villain
Team: The Children of Sayang

Sin Eaters - The Zone
Origination: Super
Alignment: Hero
Team: The Angels of Mercy

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Pseudonym, I hope this helps explain what Old Roger's power set can do a little better. Basically, just combine the Spire with Old Roger and you got it.

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yes. Good. This is good.

#5 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Nice set up. I never was really a fan of Roger, but now I am. I get it now.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

The set up? I threw it together before bed, but it gets the point across.

#7 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

It serves it's purpose well.

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators