78 replies to this topic

#41 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

I tried to do an RP that Exal was running, but it sort of fizzled out and was around the time the site move was announced.

-ThePoet

I know, I was looking forward to how that was going to turn out.

#42 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

Okay, I made a few major changes to my character (the one on the first page). But before you take the time to read it, I'll summarize the essentials here:

Walter is now academically oriented, with 5 knowledge skills and 4 other skills I found crucial to his character. Is this enough, or is the ratio still too even*? The bad skills have been reduced to 3. Hope he's more balanced this time.

*The reason I'm asking is that the 4 other trained skills are what I'd consider going hand in hand with his personality. Rather than removing them it would seem more logical to make a whole different character altogether.

#43 ThePoet

ThePoet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Here's my crack at things. Let me know good and bad please.

Name: Maynard Orson Camp
Appearance: About six feet, two inches tall, Maynard was more lanky than bulky, a trait that served him well in earning a scholarship to the university. His dirty blonde hair looks out of place with his sun-dark tan, but he doesn’t care much about it. M.O., as his colleagues and students knew him, wears any variety of clothing. If he’s on a dig, it’s rough khakis and sturdy workboots, complete with his full-brimed, dark tan excavation hat. If he’s in the classroom teaching at his alma mater, it’s some type of suit. His coat will be draped over his desk chair, and his hat is on his desk. Never lets that thing out of sight.

Background: Traditionalism was the one thing instilled in every member of the Camp family from an early age. A sense of family pride, a knowledge of family history, and a sense of obligation to carry on the family’s legacy and business. That last bit was where Maynard had issues. He loved being a part of his family. His dad was a respected farmer, one of the best earning farmers in the Dustbowl of Kansas. His mother was a wonderful homemaker and could have been a world-class chef if she had the desire for it. All of his eight older siblings were nice to him. Some of his brothers displayed the tough love so often found in male sibling dynamics, but they could all count on each other and that was enough for Maynard. He traced his family history too. Stretching back in time, he found that his ancestors had immigrated from Gerschenkron to Reginor. Then they moved from Reginor to Pibo Valda, the supposed land of opportunity about 400 years later. As soon as space travel became mainstream and decently cheap, they started moving to different planets, wherever a better opportunity lay more quickly than they had in the past. Sometimes only a generation or two would stay on a planet before the decision was made to move. The common denominator was always wheat though. On Gerschenkron it was Wheat. On Reginor, wheat. Pibo Valda, wheat. And that’s where Maynard’s issues began.
He studied family history, he even greatly admired all that his family had accomplished, but their achievements had to be taken with a grain of salt. For example, they immigrated to Reginor because the ruler there paid them to. After many generations, a new Czar decided to tax them, so they ran like cowards to Pibo Valda. When the wheat his family grew had no demand on the market, all they would do was plant more wheat. When automated, robotic farming technology became available, his family panicked. The newer, robotic equipment could plant, fertilize, and harvest crops cheaper than his family could, so they started losing money. In the typical fashion, they fled to another planet with a pioneer population. A place that had no need for sheer volume of crops. To his father’s credit, they did expand beyond wheat. They experimented with corn, barley, oats, and any other type of grain. Maynard loved his family, but the simple life of farming was not enough, not by a long shot.
Always a curious boy, Maynard had a passion, a lust to discover things or break down things he could not explain. For example, his father knew to fertilize corn once a month, oats twice a month, and that different types of wheat could be grown in the winter. That was enough for Peter Camp, not for his son Maynard. Why did a certain type of fertilizer do what it did? What was in that plant food to help the plants? Why were certain insects good for crops, but not others? His father never had a straight answer and this infuriated Maynard. He desired to attend school and learn these things. After all, someone had discovered that these things were good for plants, so there must be someone who could teach him. Good luck convincing his parents though. It was assumed that once you finished school through the law-required grade , you were working in the family business. On a long shot, he started playing Quibolette for the school. It paid off. College scouts began to appear regularly at games his last two years in school. He had several scholarship opportunities, but ultimately he decided on Kimura University. Located on a neighboring planet, Kimura was publicly noted for its science and anthropology course. Since Maynard wanted to study Bio-Chemistry, it was a perfect fit.
There was just one catch, his parents didn’t understand, nor could they sympathize. After long, careful consideration, he said goodbye and left for college and his exciting future. College passed simply enough for the most part. A Bachelor’s degree was not good enough for him though. He felt that he had only scratched the surface. Also, during his senior year in college, he was selected as part of an elite team of undergraduates to go and study the ruins of a distant planet. The group had anthropologists, chemists, and other experts. Their job was to prepare a detailed report about the deceased culture. Everything from agriculture, social status, architecture, and politics was included. Although he was primarily working with agriculture, Maynard started to like the few encounters he had with the remains of buildings and unearthing objects while trying to examine the soil for nutrients and probable crops. That’s when the archaeology bug bit him. He applied for the doctoral program in Archaeology at Kimura and was accepted.
Around the time he was completing his dissertation, the head of the department died from a heart attack. After shuffling people around, the department had an opening. They offered it to their star pupil, Maynard Camp. He gladly accepted. He loved school and deep down, he wished it would never end. One of his duties was leading the excursions that he took part in. Every year it was a different set of ruins, but the thrill was always there. As of late, Maynard has taken several sabbaticals to go a study different ruins on his own personal time and money. The school does assist financially because his research findings generate revenue for them.
Personality: Maynard is pretty outgoing. This trait was stifled a good bit during his childhood, but he more than makes up for it now. He is increasingly adventurous and willing to take risks. A touch gruff in demeanor, Maynard retains a portion of the machoness he gained from all those years playing the circuit with Quibolette. It surprised him initially to learn that universities that sponsored these teams bet money on them consistently. It was a rule, two million is currency minimum per match. So naturally, they invested a good bit in their own teams. He still has his Thug-enforcer fitness and won’t hesitate to use it.
For all of that, he’s still socially awkward. The limited contact with the outside growing up coupled with his preference for action instead of idle conversation have given him very little in the way of social graces. The only good part about it is that he tends not to say anything if unsure in a social situation. His hobbies include playing Quibolette in a recreational league with no money involved, drinking a few beers at a sports bar, and collecting choice pieces of historical significance.

Skills:
Good:

1. Physical Sciences: Maynard has Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Chemistry, specializing in soil composition in an agricultural context.
2. Archaeology: He has a PhD in Archaeology and geological sciences. During a dig he'll know several things, including soil composition, geological phases, archaeological significance of any objects he unearths, and a decent guess as to the exact nature and purpose of the object or ruins.

3. Piloting: Growing up on the farm, Maynard is at ease with tractors, trucks, and small aircraft for crop dusting. He has a personal land scooter. To save details, it’s roughly akin to a personal hovercraft. It has room for him, another passenger, and a decent amount of cargo room, plus some hidden cargo areas for more precious items. He has it transported to any planet he plans to spend extended time on.
4. Thievery: More of a necessity growing up, he never received any money and sometimes had to scrounge his own meals from scraps he pilfered. This skill also serves him well when searching ruins to keep a choice piece out of the wrong hands. It also allows him to spot a fellow pickpocket in action more easily.
5. Strong: Quibolette is still in his blood. Maynard can still put a mean hit on a quarterback or anyone else of his choosing. This also comes in handy when moving debris while examining ruins, or carrying heavy equipment.
6. Large firearms: Rodents were a rampant problem on his family’s farm and so were birds. Every one of his siblings could wield a shotgun or rifle with fairly accurate precision. Preferring not to use a gun, Maynard nevertheless carries firearms to any outing for security reasons.
7. Charisma: Maynard’s reputation preceeds him in academic circles. His contributions to research and Kimura are considerable. He personal appearance also helps. His classic, rugged farmboy looks go a long way in disarming people. His only downfall comes if he talks too much.
8. Mobile: Hand in hand with physical strength, a Thug-enforcer has to be mobile. Side to side on the Quibolette field is a necessity. It’s also saved him a large part of physical harm while jumping out of the way during an excavation cave-in.
9. Politics: Recently, Maynard has become increasingly aware of less than savory Archaeologists pilfering valuable items from various digs. He suspects that they are working in secret for various governments with ill intentions. Thus, he has versed himself in politics. He has more theories now, but nothing concrete.
Bad:
1. Computer Sciences: Email and grading systems are the extent of Maynard’s computer knowledge. He has great trouble using search engines and has a much steeper learning curve with anything beyond basic email.
2. Socially Aware: Maynard is very well-liked and respected, but he’s completely oblivious to anyone becoming mad at him or a woman trying to flirt. Perhaps that’s why he’s a lifelong bachelor and he’s been in more than his fair share of bar fights. Luckily he usually wins a fist fight.
3. Theology: His ancestors were religious, his current relatives not so much. His never had theology growing up and has no use for it now. He’s learned bits and pieces from various extinct civilizations, but that’s the extent of his knowledge
Equipment: I already mention his vehicle, Maynard also carries a standard rifle and shotgun. In the storage compartments on his hovercraft, he carries emergency rations, spare clothes and sleeping gear, tent, basic first aid kit(he doesn’t know what everything in there is for), basic cookware including a frying pan, small cookpot, ladle, spoon, knife, fork, and spatula. Being a good shot, he likes to eat what he kills. Digging and excavating equipment populate the remaining storage spaces on his bike. These include portable braces for dirt walls, compact shovel, headlamp, pick, grappling hook, and dynamite to name a few. Any heavy equipment he rents from local vendors. On his person, he wears his hat, dusty gray and brown khakis, work boots, a cellular phone, hunter’s knife, compass, sketch pad, notepad, and several colored pens.

-ThePoet

#44 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

Character Updated. I think I got it right this time...page 2.

#45 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

I haven't written, depending on whether my crap can be considered writing, since my FPL character died.

I'm just getting back in, so expect that my charcater's background will suck, more than the average suck that is. Other than that, I'll try to get to this tomorrow.

#46 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

I like both Poet's and Trech's characters. I need to fluff out my character a little more.

#47 ThePoet

ThePoet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

After rereading some of Landon's posts, I realize I didn't specify my character type. He's a jack of all trades I believe. As far as other characters, I'm digging treach's character for possible interactions with mine. His hates thievery and politics, my guy thrives on them. I have a hunch they won't get along very well if they're both accepted.

Also a bit scared of Landon's whim, but his storylines don't disappoint, so also excited here.

-ThePoet

#48 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

As far as other characters, I'm digging treach's character for possible interactions with mine. His hates thievery and politics, my guy thrives on them. I have a hunch they won't get along very well if they're both accepted.
-ThePoet

Don't thievery and politics go hand in hand.

#49 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

The Academic-oriented type.

Name: Tafari Dimka

Appearance: Tafari is a short, dark man, supported by two legs that are also short, but musculary. His face seems as if it is extremely thin; the illusion being cast by his unusually long jaw bone. His eyes, mouth, and nose, look as if they are scrunched up together, making his forehead look rather large, even more so since he is bald. His arms are skinny, and and give off the notion that they're uncoordinated. His abdomen is thick, and is mainly covered by his pot belly.

Background: Tafari is one of the lucky ones, he just couldn’t see it. Working in the diamond mine country of Hewetu, his father lived out on the site, along with his family. Of course, this made them vulnerable to being killed if there was ever a raid on the mine by a rebel army, trying to get enough diamonds to fund purchases of their weapons. Raids were always tried to be prevented, as on many sites, by the many security forces protecting it. His father being one of the workers, always worried his mother. If there ever was a raid, there was a good chance of him being killed. Although, she never seemed to worry about the others of the family besides herself, for she hated them. Tafari saw his mother only as a replacement for his dead biological mother that was killed by an earlier raid, and not a sufficient one.

The only reason she stayed with them was their father. She would always love the man she had married, but never his children. This affected his siblings greatly, bending their backs over trying to please her. Tafari for one never cared. He knew from the beginning that he would never accept a step mother, for the only person he had an emotional bond with was his real mother. His father was always off trying to protect the site, and for his brothers and sisters, they were all far older than him, and never seemed to have any time for him, being too entwined with the social life of the site. Having nothing else to do with the family, he started conversing with the people of the site; learning things that he thought were fun and intresting, but never useful.

One day, he was outside the fence of the site, learning how to differentiate between different species of plants, and which ones were edible, poisonous, and good for curing rashes, and so on, with one of the elders. That’s when he had heard gunfire, coming from the direction of the site, causing him to drop a jar containing plant specimens, making it smash open as it hit a rock. The elder quickly told him to hide, and pointed to underbrush that would conceal him. Then he went off running, for the site. Tafari waited out for hours, for fear had consumed him, paralyzing every limb. Suddenly, he had heard branches near the underbrush snapping, and then heard a body fall to the ground, He had quickly come out, hoping that it was the elder, and it was. Only, he was dead. Tafari saw this, and ran back to the site. The rebel army was gone, and so was every trace of life at the site. Raids never went this badly, as to leave everybody dead. He was saddened to the point that there were an endless stream of tears running down his face, as he crossed his hut and found everybody dead. The re was no life here for him anymore. He had decided quickly what to do. Rebel armies sometimes came back to celebrate their victories over the bodies of the dead, so he didn’t have much time. He went from hut to hut, placing things in his pack that went along with the skills he had learned, and went off through a hole in the site’s back fence. He didn’t know what he would do, but that didn’t matter to him right now. All that mattered was putting distance between him, and his old life.

Personality: Being detached from his family, and his real mother being dead, Tafari doesn’t form bonds easily anymore. While he is nice, he also can be ruthless to people that are immoral, mainly because of how the rebel army was. He isn’t very funny, and refrains from cracking jokes since his sense of humor needs a rather ‘acquired’ taste. He never states what is really on his mind, but gives you enough information so that you can guess, if you’re lucky. He doesn’t do this because he thinks that you’re not worthy of his thoughts, but because of the opposite. He deems himself worthless, thinking that the Pharaoh wouldn’t place such misfortune on him if he didn’t deserve it, and thinks that his opinion doesn’t matter unless you reach the same conclusion. Above all, he is a survivalist, thinking of ways to keep him alive, but that doesn’t stop him from also thinking of others.

Trained Skills-
1. Stealth: Tafari had always been taught that if there was a raid, how to conceal your self, and he had been good at it, doing things such as painting his body with mud, and making himself one with the environment.

2. Thievery: This hadn’t been one of the things he learned as a skill through the many workers and elders through the site, but as a game. The kids of the site would get together, and try to steal things from the people of the site, only to give them back later. At first, his game play wasn’t exactly what you would call good, but playing a game for years straight had yielded some results.

3. Archaeology: Tafari had studied many of the cultures that used to live in the area of Angola, such as the Bantu. He had often dug up old pots and sculptures, and would be able to tell what people had made it, and around what timeframe. Coupled with his knowledge of history of other various countries, Tafari can also use his archaeology skill for cultures outside of the Bantu.

4.Medicine:Studying plants with the elders, he knew of several species that would be able to help in making medicine. But the only time he would need to do that was when he didn’t have his medicine kit in his pack.

5. History: Living in Hewetu, Tafari is well learned of its history, but he didn’t stop there. He currently has some idea of what’s going on throughout some major and less known planets across the solar system.

6. Hobby: Climbing is one of the things Tafari had learned as something to pass the time.

7.Small firearms
: Sticks and stones might break your bones, but Tafari’s guns will always kill you. Tafari had to learn something that would protect himself if the rebel army confronted him.

8. Melee weapon expertise: As many people of the site, Tafari was trained in, and enjoyed the martial art of stick fighting.

Bad Skills-
1.Computer Sciences: Tafari never found any use for computers, as he learned everything he needed from the many people and elders of the site. The only things he knows are the basics, no programming for him.
2. Politics: Tafari could care less of a countries political stand point, even though he would be interested in its history.

Equipment: In his pack, Tafari has many things that would aid him with his skills, such as his medicine kit, magnifying glasses, and history books. He also has equipment useful for his climbing abilities, like harnesses, ropes, and hooks. As for his firearms, he always carries two .45 caliber pistols, one in each pocket.

#50 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Sigh, all of these thieves. If my character gets accepted, he may have to beat one of you senseless, to prove a point. :lol:

#51 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Updated my character.

On the thievery bit, I might have to change that. I don't want a skill everybody else haves.

#52 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

Poet and Jailer: Big problems for both your characters - they are littered with references to Real World Stuff.

Real World Stuff doesn't exist here.

Here

#53 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

Poet and Jailer: Big problems for both your characters - they are littered with references to Real World Stuff.

Real World Stuff doesn't exist here.

Here

Ouch.
Instead of chaning the structure of the background, is it possible to just replace any of the references with made up names? Also, can I go as far as to changing Africa into a different planet all together?

#54 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

Poet:

Yeah, other than the real-world references, Maynard looks good. Take those references, make up names, or if you want I can throw out some terms if you'd like. Turn the references to Russia and the US and such into planets, make up some name for some sport other than Football (but still has that "football" vibe to its name), and you should be good.

Only other problem is that you say he has a PhD in Archaeology, but you didn't take Archaeology as a skill (you mention it in the Bio Sciences skill writeup). Find room for that and you should be all good.

#55 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

Treacherous' character is in. That's two spots taken.

#56 ThePoet

ThePoet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for clarifying for me. Once about I'm new to this. I believe I got all the real-world references out. I looked at the page that Threedark linked and didn't find a catalogue of planets or anything, so I made some up. I hope that's ok. I also swapped out history for archaeology as a skill. Let me know if this works. All the info is in my edited post.

-ThePoet

#57 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

I edited out the real world references.

#58 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:16 AM

Name: Elise T. Glanvill

Appearance: An attractive, gray-silver Canine of normal height for her species and a healthy physique with curves in the overwhelming majority of the right places. Elise is quite easily what the crasser of her peers refer to as "so hot, even the Humans want her." Elise is prone to wear thick overcoats, trenchcoats, and the like--she doesn't like nor know what to do with the attention she is wont to get when wearing closer-fit clothing. However, she does often wear simple gilded jewelry; necklaces, earrings, etc.

A smoky cataract shines in her left eye.

Background: Enjoying the warm, tender, post-coital afterglow, Elise watched as Sadducismus--Saddu, to those who knew him well or merely did not want to use his full name--laid his head back down on the pillow next to her. Elise licked down his snout and to his face, over the scars; Sadducismus responded in kind, his long, pink tongue caressing Elise's face, gently even with the roughness of his tongue. Elise mouthed “I love you“ to Saddu. The slightly muscular male Canine smiled, and as he lifted the silky sheet of Elise‘s bed over their bodies, responded, “I love you too, with all my heart.”

Elise grinned a girlish grin. She already felt the serenity wearing off and drowsiness taking its place, but she had to speak to him. Sadducismus would be gone before dawn tomorrow, as he always was. She moved her hands over the cover to sign to him. “Please come back sooner next time…”

“I know. I’m sorry,” whispered Sadducismus, “but you know I’m just making the universe safe for us, Elise…for you.”

“I know…” signed Elise, but her face betrayed her true conflicted feelings. She began to sign again. “Does--”

“Does anyone know? No. Luneth and the rest of them are clueless.” Almost as an afterthought, he said, “Gibbons suspects, but he suspects everyone all the time. Besides, he couldn‘t give a damn.” He licked Elise‘s cheek again. “Sleep.”

Sleep had almost overtaken Elise, but she had to say one more thing, what she said every time Saddu finally visited. “Come back safe, please.”

Sadducismus gave the answer he gave ever time. “Always, my dear sister.”

And Elise slept, content.

Until the age of eight, Elise Triumphatus Granvill’s life was near-unequivocally hell. Her widowed father kept her home from school and physically, emotionally and sexually abused her until one torturous night when she burst into tears and her father finally snapped, beating her against the wall until well after she fell unconscious. But this was also the night that her caring , three-years-older brother, who had withstood many blows meant for Elise, at last stopped his father for good, killing his father with a kitchen knife.

Elise did not go unscarred from this experience, needless to say. Brain damage sustained during her father’s brutal assault half-blinded her and made her completely mute, as well as giving her a limp and minor cognitive difficulties, both she hides as much as she can.

Tossed around from foster home to foster home for years, Sadducismus and Elise were eventually accepted into the Takahashi Institute as something of a charity case for one of the higher-ranking teachers. Saddu managed to wheedle his way into Elise’s guardianship, so they lived by themselves on campus. Elise and her brother came up with a finger-movement language all their own so she could communicate with him.

Elise stayed close to her brother, and her brother embraced the role as her protector. Somewhere in there, just past her sexual maturity, Elise embraced Sadducismus at home and passionately kissed him, declaring her love beyond siblinghood. Sadducismus returned her feelings. He always had.

Once the affair began, amazingly, Elise became better adjusted. She began to make friends, do quite well at the Institute, and so on. And their taboo relationship remained hidden. Things looked good for her.

Then came the Night of the Raven.

When the attack descended, Elise hid. Elise did what her brother told her to do and cowered and hid. Saddu fought off any attackers that came near from the start of the Night to the end, earning him numerous scars that fur no longer grows on, the loss of the fingers on one hand, and the donation of his right eye. But Elise was safe once again, and that was all that mattered.

The instant Saddu graduated, he removed Elise from the Institute and put her on a faraway planet with comfortable living arrangements, while he joined an anti-terrorist organization with a number of other Night of the Raven survivors. He visited her often, but while happy, Elise was lonely. And even the bonds we love the most chafe eventually.

After a few years, Elise finally acted on her own and went into archeology, rationalizing that what she found might just be able to help Sadducismus‘s organization, and allow him to come back to her for good sooner. Plus, while she doesn’t admit it, she likes the exploration.

Sadducismus, while initially furious, dared not show it to Elise. He let her expand his horizons. Ultimately, all he wants is for his dear sister to be happy and safe.

Personality: Elise’s personality traits are all, ultimately, attributable to her love for her brother. She is cautious when trying new things, but always tries to be brave, especially when she thinks it will benefit Sadducismus. She is more talkative then one would expect a mute to be, with a PDA-sized voice simulator. However, she rarely speaks her mind, especially when others around her have dissenting opinions. With a a certain degree of immature innocence, Elise is a cheerful girl, only getting depressed when she hasn’t seen her brother for quite a while, and ultimately seems to have put her horrible past behind her, though she knows never to mention the extent of her relationship with her brother.

Trained Skills
1. Abomination: Canine. Elise has been lucky enough to not see all the bias often focused on Abominations due to her sheltering brother.
2. Mobile. Even with her limp, running and escaping has always been a key part of Elise’s coping strategy.
3. Strong Will. The fact Elise is still alive after the things she has endured over her lifetime is a testament to her ability to keep going. Elise, even if not physically, is a strong girl.
4. Iron Will. It is fair to say that, after the assault, the resulting problems, the foster pinball, and so much else, that the incestuous love and devotion Elise had and has for Sadducismus and vice versa was what has kept her sane.
5. Animal Handling. For whatever reason, Elise has always taken well to animals. Her brother gifted her with a ferret named Shirley for companionship during his long absences--she takes her on expeditions often.
6. Archeology. Elise was fascinated by the art of archeology when she began reading about it after Takahashi, and while she doesn’t have particular expertise in any one section, due to her late entry in the field, she is still quite knowledgeable
7. Politics. Elise keeps up with current events quite well as she looks for information on her brother and his group.
8. Charisma. Aside from being physically attractive, Elise’s sweetness and innocence naturally attracts people.
9. Small Firearms. One of Elise’s other pushes against Sadducismus’s gilded cage, she learned to protect herself with pistols, and always keeps one. Sadducismus agreed with this more than he thought he would--perhaps he didn’t have to always protect her himself.

Bad Skills
1. Numbers. The aforementioned cognitive difficulties from her beating include an intense lack of affinity for mathwork.
2. Physical Artistry. She’s never fought hand-to-hand--leaves that up to her brother. Doing more that bare struggling is out of the question.
3. Acrobatics. And here her limp and other motor problems finally show. She is remarkably inept if she tries to do much more than run and jump small distances.

Equipment: Voice simulator, Shirley (she even understands her finger-language), standard excavation tools, wireless Syscom hookup, 9 mm pistol, minor jewelry including charm with Saddu‘s picture in it.

“Other” covers it nicely, don’tcha think?

#59 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

Treacherous' character is in. That's two spots taken.

W00T!!

#60 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:23 AM

I'm back. I'll give everything a good look tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users