• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Some of you may be aware of the new default posting titles:

Here are the new forum "ranks" (that is what they are called in the admin screen) and the number of posts

Newbie 0
Cannon Fodder 30
SPOOOON! 150
I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim 250
Don't feed him after midnight 500
Released the Kraken 750
Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet 1001
Nuking the site from orbit 1500
Kneel before Zod 2000
Believes Han shot first 2500
I am One with the Ferret. 3501

Well, I'm running a little experiment. I've been told that if mods and admins were to give a custom posting title to a user, then blank out the field where posting titles can be edited and save that user, the default title said user already had would go back into effect and change with the next posting milestone.

For fun, I'm now putting this to the test. Since I'm already close to reaching the 2,500-post milestone, I've temporarily changed my own posting title to "Kltpzyxm!!!" and I'll blank it out just before making my 2,500th post to see if it changes to the next level.

If anyone else wants to get in on this experiment, just let me know here. I'll give you a temporary custom title of your choosing, then move it back to default before the next posting milestone occurs. I'd prefer if you were already close to the next default change, though, so I'd remember to change the title back in time.

And of course, a user that's at the 3,501-post level would render this experiment moot, as those users already have the highest-"ranking" default title.

#2 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Im gaining on 500, and since I believe mine is supposed to be a threat from an admin, Id prefer it be changed.

#3 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Fear meh pickle. Sounds like a legit threat.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Im gaining on 500, and since I believe mine is supposed to be a threat from an admin, Id prefer it be changed.

Hmm... you're still like 100 posts away. Plus, that title's definitely an admin edit...

I'll have to get back to you on this.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Alright, almost there on my end.

Changing title...

#6 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Awww... I worked hard coming up with that title. heh.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Awww... I worked hard coming up with that title. heh.

Hah! I was sure Ivan or Landon did that. There was likely no offense intended in this case, then.

EDIT: Experiment's a success! The default title changing went back into effect.

Again, if anyone else wants to join in on the experiment, let me know here. I'll even make the change permanent afterwards if you wish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users