Photo
- - - - -

Match 11309 Wolf Predator and Falconer Predator and Celtic Predator vs. Animal Man and The Wolf Man and Cole Evans

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Just for the record, I NEVER stated that the "Twilight" vampires could be killed by stakes or garlic. I have always stated that the only way to permanently kill the Twilight vampires is dismembering them or burning them.

So, if you want to put me down, fine. But don't make up stuff about me.

By the way, let it be known that, as of now, I have zero patience for intolerant fanboys. My Douchey McNitpick matches are a way to vent. I had to deal with a intolerant "Hunger Games" fangirl AND an intolerant "Pokemon" fangirl on the same week, both on Deviantart. And you, RakaiThwei, are the Douchey McNitpick of the Alien/Predator franchise.

Being a close-minded fanboy is never a good thing. You seem to have an unhealthy obession with the Alien/Predator franchise, to the point of taking any criticism of that franchise as a personal insult. Nobody should be that fixated on a work of fiction. Try to get out more, read books (not Alien/Predator novels, though), try to enjoy a pleasant conversation with someone. And, most important of all, try to remember that some people are not that invested in the Alien/Predator franchise and thus may have a more negative opinion on it.

Rakai, you remind of the people who harass William Shatner about the technical capabilties of the Enterprise and show up in court dressed in a Starfleet uniform and have a vial of Brent Spiner's blood and get emotional when someone criticizes the J.J. Abrams movie. Only with you, it's Alien/Predator instead of Star Trek.

And the only "Methos" I remember is Duncan MacLeod's buddy from the "Highlander" TV show and the last two movies.

#22 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

So, if you want to put me down, fine. But don't make up stuff about me.

You mean like what you're doing now with your ill-thought out logic?

By the way, let it be known that, as of now, I have zero patience for intolerant fanboys. My Douchey McNitpick matches are a way to vent. I had to deal with a intolerant "Hunger Games" fangirl AND an intolerant "Pokemon" fangirl on the same week, both on Deviantart. And you, RakaiThwei, are the Douchey McNitpick of the Alien/Predator franchise.

I would say that I am hardly a Douche McNitpick which you have so labeled me so quickly without a solid basis.

I am only solely going from what I have researched from the movies, comics, novels, games, and in-depth interviews about the franchise as well as consensus. Basically, I only wanted to educate -LIC- Large in Charge about the franchise because from what I understand, he isn't well versed about it as I am or any other Alien vs Predator fan out there.

Being a close-minded fanboy is never a good thing. You seem to have an unhealthy obession with the Alien/Predator franchise, to the point of taking any criticism of that franchise as a personal insult. Nobody should be that fixated on a work of fiction. Try to get out more, read books (not Alien/Predator novels, though), try to enjoy a pleasant conversation with someone. And, most important of all, try to remember that some people are not that invested in the Alien/Predator franchise and thus may have a more negative opinion on it.

I am hardly at all a close minded fanboy. Granted while I am an Alien vs Predator fan, I will tell you that I am nowhere near as obsessed as you are making me out to be. We are on a site where we debate about geek stuff and I do my best to use my knowledge in debates and maybe educate people on the franchises that they don't even know about. That's something I've tried to do since I arrived on the CBUB. Something you've taken a stance against.

Oh, calling me a shut in, eh? Ha ha ha ha... And you wonder why I am putting you down? There, you had tried to subtely pot-shot me there. For one, I actually go outside everyday whenever I can in search of employment despite the failing ecnomy which is happening nationwide in the U.S. I also have been trying to get back with some friends of mine who I used to train with back in the karate school I used to train with. Also, I am aware that some folks out there are not invested in the AvP franchise-- different strokes for different folks.

Please give credit where credit is due, mm'kay?

Rakai, you remind of the people who harass William Shatner about the technical capabilties of the Enterprise and show up in court dressed in a Starfleet uniform and have a vial of Brent Spiner's blood and get emotional when someone criticizes the J.J. Abrams movie. Only with you, it's Alien/Predator instead of Star Trek.

Okay, now I can say that you are definitely making that up.

I do not dress up unless it's Halloween, and I damn well have enough common sense to not harass celebrities over something so trivial.

I am nowhere near that bad when it comes to enjoying a franchise like the one I am immersed in. I have other things which come first before my fandom such as learning to drive, trying to get out more at night and interacting with the fairer of the sexes, and seeking employment in a suck-ass ecnomy-- in short, getting my life started. Also, I happen to be a fan of Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, and TMNT.

I will say that over the years as I've known you, you've always taken pot-shots at me.. and while I did leave myself open to a debate, you on the other hand did so with pot-shots and I responded in likewise.

-Rakai'Thwei

#23 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

This debate is just bizarre.

Rakai - you can be slightly pedantic when it comes to the use of Predator characters (having felt the brunt of your knowledge before) and can understand why it may be annoying to some. Remember that whilst you may know a lot more about Predators, the writer knows a lot more (in general) about his story - so in this case if he wants them to be hunting on that Game Planet, then that's what they are doing! Who is to say that this isn't taking place in an alternate dimension where they do hunt on that Game Planet - the writer is not obliged to point that out just for the fans.

Redemption X - But then again, given Rakai's knowledge and enthusiasm for the Predator franchise, I think that gives him the right to put his point across. It is refreshing to find someone with such passion for a subject which is backed up by the information and willingness to do some research. Take on board the information and certainly disagree if you believe it is wrong, but I would tone down the personal aspect of the attack.

Both, can I recommend enjoying the debate without descending into comments about countries of origin and personal references.

As to the fight - good setup but yeah, I'm going with what bigballerju said. Only Animal Man stands a chance and even then, only against 1 Predator, definitely not all of them.

#24 L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Movies & Adventure, Martial-Arts, Science-Fiction, Transformers, Godzilla, MOTU, Video Games.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I wish to thank everyone on my new Predator education! However I would like to point out this that Both AVPR and Predators still brought a piece of reflection in the older movies like for example:

AVPR---Introduce us to the dawn of the Company at the near end of the movie! Which we all know spawns into the Aliens Epics.

Predators---Reminded us to remember the first Predator movie!

And as the director of the first Alien stated that the movie was ahead of it time and movie tech back then was on the verge of change if it had waited one year things could have been different. And now the Aliens have taken on alife of it own and even better with the Predators merged with it! So and he continued to state in this new Parable, a new story within the old story in the up coming movie Prometheus.

#25 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

By the way:

Peter Weyland is confirmed to play a major role in "Prometheus". As in, Peter Weyland, the head of Weyland Enterprises, which becomes the Weyland-Yutani Company in the "Alien" movies.

So yeah, RakaiThwei's claim that "Prometheus" has nothing to do with the "Alien" movies is wrong, since we at least know that Weyland Enterprises is gonna be involved in the events of that movie.

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Peter Weyland is confirmed to play a major role in "Prometheus". As in, Peter Weyland, the head of Weyland Enterprises, which becomes the Weyland-Yutani Company in the "Alien" movies.

I have already made mention that Guy Pierce is playing Peter Weyland. This is nothing new. You're wasting your time. Everyone already knows this.

So yeah, RakaiThwei's claim that "Prometheus" has nothing to do with the "Alien" movies is wrong, since we at least know that Weyland Enterprises is gonna be involved in the events of that movie.

So even though I have done my research and provided the links for everyone to look at, which contains the words by the people who have read the script and are playing crucial parts in the movie, I am somehow wrong because you say so? Yeah, okay, whatever.

Either you are illiterate or have completely ignored my previous statements. I've made mention that Prometheus does take place in the Alien universe but it's not part of the Alien storyline, therefore it's a side story. Kind of like how Soldier is a side-story to Blade Runner. As a matter of fact, it's exactly that.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

I barely remember the movie "Soldier", so:

it's a spin-off, then?

Kind of like "Puss in Boots", which was a spin-off prequel taking place in the "Shrek" universe but not actually following the character of Shrek. Or "The Scorpion King", which was a spin-off prequel taking place in the "Mummy" universe but not actually following Rick or Evey.

Like that, right?

Oh, OK, I get it now.

I can get behind that, showing what Weyland Enterprises had to deal with before they became Weyland-Yutani.

I guess I was too intimidated by your agressive tone earlier to really pay attention to what you were saying. In the fure, try to be more peaceful and polite.

#28 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Match Final Results
Celtic Predator and Falconer Predator and Wolf Predator: 16
Cole Evans and The Wolf Man and Animal Man: 4
FPA: 2.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic