#1 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

There’s no such thing as a free lunch.

I’ve put off paying the price for a long time. The diary is full, I filled up the last page and the words are beginning to bleed out around the edges. A lifetime of dirty secrets, now at risk of becoming unbound. I knew it would come down to Khazan, eventually.

I knew it was the beginning of the end, and it all started with that damned reporter. Richard Goodson. Dick. You know, all things considered, I’ve had a pretty good relationship with the press over the years. Early in my career, I philosophically aligned my interests with the quagmire of spin, agenda, and bias which dominates all the major news outlets. Goodson though, he wasn’t a proper journalist, or rather he was and that was the problem. One of those hard-nosed, “the people have a right to know” types, just like the nosy bastard who bought it when the Benedict Satellites fell. And here’s me without a conveniently engineered disaster. I had him thrown in jail in São Tomé, which should’ve been the end of it. A little shithole in the middle of nowhere, rough him up a little, the dude learns his lesson, and in the bargain comes home a hero himself. Interview with Barbara Walters, three book deal, get his name in the Jeopardy answer rotation. He could’ve taken the deal, but my luck isn’t infinite.

He’s coming here tonight, to play hardball, to tell me he’s hired a detective. The most unfortunate detective- more of a Mortician really. He doesn’t know I’m dying. It’ll start to show soon enough, and without the diary to reinforce it my public image will only hold up for so long. He doesn’t know this is my last F- You to the world that never stopped loving those tin gods and paper tigers. When I go, the diary will burn, and all the hidden secrets crammed within its pages will be released. I’m going to offer him an option, first: an interview. I may be dying, but belief is the surest fulcrum there is, and that man believes in the truth. He believes it so hard, that rock-solid devotion, that maybe, just maybe he’ll bite. I’ll give him the whole story, in all its bloody detail, and send him off on a fact-checking mission that should take two years. I’ll bet he’s done by the end of the month.

Just enough time to wrap this up.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Learn More About
Marcellus Dolorosa
Origination: Normal
Alignment: Villain
Team: Solo Villain

Richard Goodson
Origination: Normal
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Hero

#3 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Well Ivan, I cannot help but note you have pitted two of your own creations against each other which is an interesting thing to do.

Having read both characters I must say they are both excellent. But it is Marcellus Dolorosa whose story I favor of the two and I'm going with him.

#4 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Match Final Results
Marcellus Dolorosa Won a match against Richard Goodson
6 to 3
Marcellus Dolorosa: 25 fame points
Richard Goodson: -25 fame points

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Despite horrible decisions you make (BPI vs. Serif), Ivan you have a beautiful mind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Richard Goodson, Marcellus Dolorosa, Publish or Perish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users