* * * - - 1 votes

Match 11269 The Death Star vs. Vegeta

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

In fact, I'll go out of my way and make shit up now.

Vegeta's power level when he blew up that planet was 18,000. 1E32 J.

Let's say that his current power level in this set up is 2,000,000,000. 2 billion at his strongest.* Therefore, he'd have, at most, 1.11E+37 J of energy into his strongest attack if he completely exhausts his entire Ki supply into this SUPER BEAM ATTACK OF DEATH RAR!

The Death Star's superlaser is still 9 times stronger.*

*By multiplying his 6,000,000 super Saiyan power level by 333 again.
**Keep in mind that, according to the recent Death Star novel (which I quoted already) the superlaser is so powerful that some parts of Alderaan were literally launched into faster than light velocities.

So basically, in case you don't want to read that all over.
Vegeta at 2 BILLION power level launching his entire Ki supply into an all out super attack is still 9 times weaker than the superlaser blast.

This math has nothing to do with this, if you have all this intelligence to make up supposed numbers just to scream your point at people like you need medication then you shouldn't be here at least. You need to be teaching a math class or something. Overall regardless of your rant, Vegeta would win this. Am I going to argue every point? No. This is the problem with some of the 'know it alls" they will argue you to the point of only one thing, the ego. This is what sirmethos couldn't let go. To be honest with his tech and all that I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here. Techno mumbo jumbo isn't needed in this. If he can blow up a planet then he could take out the death star. Unlike some of my posts this is all I have to say so go scream science at yourself. Yes I have gotten worked up about stuff in the past but dude seriously this means way too much to you if you are going to need meds and a psychologist just to try to prove a point. You are again, in the wrong place if you are using your so called brains to just argue down teens and young adults on something fantasy. If anything you should apologize for screaming at everyone and there should be some kind of rule here about typing in caps that large.

We hear you, we can read and your opinion is yours and other people have a right to theirs. So don't get all psycho and straight jacket chic if you can't have your way. I have been wrong before and I have been right but at least accept it when other people dont agree. Agree to disagree and stop screaming.

#42 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Yeah but in the setup Vegeta is basically already charged up before Vader even fires. Plus In the setup this takes place after Freeza was killed and Vegeta was more powerful then.

I just provided that clip because he wanted prove Vegeta way back then was a planet buster which he was.

#43 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Death Star wins.

#44 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Pretty much Ruinus.

Seems the only things that are canon are like... one movie, Bardock: The Father of Goku, and the instances of the anime that follows the manga... which is a yes since its not in the manga. Basically counts as Filler.

Been a while since I debated DBZ though.

#45 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Garlic Jr. is actually canon also I think. Its included in the DBZ collection of the original anime that aired.

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Vegeta is not all charged up. He's in the process of charging up.

#47 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well one in the setup Vegeta is already charged up before Vader even told them to fire. Two I its very easy to get clips of Goku vs Vegeta from Season One which if you have watched DBZ you would remember this famous scene that proves Vegeta is a planet buster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNeK0iuBgCU&feature=related

As force echo pointed out, that video shows that Vegeta won't have any time to charge up. The Death Star took "a second or two" for the beams to meet up and coalesce into the main superlaser beam. That video shows Vegeta taking a few seconds to do anything.

Also, no, Vegeta is charging up, he is not fully charged.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperatio.

#48 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yeah but in the setup Vegeta is basically already charged up before Vader even fires. Plus In the setup this takes place after Freeza was killed and Vegeta was more powerful then.

I just provided that clip because he wanted prove Vegeta way back then was a planet buster which he was.

And since you missed my previous post (the one anu is ranting about) you'd see that even if I wanked out and raised Vegeta's power level to 2 BILLION he wouldn't have enough power to deflect the superlaser.

#49 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

rant

There's only one person that's getting out of hand in this thread, and it certainly isn't me.

Hint: It's you.

#50 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

WANK

#51 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

?

#52 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

1: Thanks for all the "Good" comments on the set up, Im still new here!
2: Vegeta's power level at this time would be estimated at around 4.5 or 5 million due to the fact that Frieza was at 1 mil at form 2, meaning that at form 4 she had 2 mil and at full power she had about 3.5 - 4 million. Goku beat Frieza, meaning his power level was about 3.7 - 4.2 million. Lets say that Vegeta had the same power level when he fought andriod 19. Since 17 and 18 could easily beat him, their power level would be about 5 million. After Vegeta comes out of the hyperbolic time chamber, he could beat cell, who had a base power of 5.5 million plus the 5 milliion of 17, semi-perfect Cell had a power level of 10.5 million, making vegeta's PL at around 12 million. After he went back into the chamber, it would be reasonable to put his power at this time at 13 million.
3:Piccolo blew up the moon in the saiyan saga, at a power level of 60-80. Meaning that to blow up the Earth, one would need a PL of around 280 (4 x 70).
4: Because Vegeta has already started to charge up his ki, the real question is: Would Vegeta's rushed, knock-off blast be enough to overcome the Death Star's beam?

#53 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Freeza 10X planet busted with his index finger with little to no charging and a PL of 540,000 this really shouldn't be an argument at this point Vegeta can outright tank the blast if need be let alone deflect with a quick blast of his own.

#54 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

The Death Star before it fired detected a massive energy on Earth before Vader fired and you add in the fact it doesn't take Vegeta long to power up he is probably already at full power. Like I said Vegeta was already charging up and this is Cell Games Vegeta so it won't him very long.

Like Skillz pointed out this is Vegeta after Cell Games. So Vegeta is more then capable and powerful to the point he is easily capable of launching a planet busting attack to counter the Death Star's super laser.

Sorry but Vegeta wins. I may not like DBZ being used on CBUB depending on the matches but in a match like this its kind of unfair to deny how powerful Vegeta was after Cell Games. Vegeta is easily able to win this fight here.

#55 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm liking how everyone seems to have completely ignored my power level calculation for no real reason.

#56 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

What power level calculation? You didn't compare the actually power of the Death Star and a Super Saiyan Vegeta after Cell Games when Cell was defeated. Not only that in the setup it read that Vegeta was charging up before they even fired the blast which I can post the exact sentence. In addition after Cell Game Goku and Vegeta are capable of charging up to planet busting level in 30 seconds or a little more I will say. After that it read the Death Star detecting a massive energy on the planet which then afterwards Vader yelled fire. With all of that the laser had not been fired yet until Vader said so at the end of the setup. Vegeta when the laser is fired is more then likely all ready charged up.

#57 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

What power level calculation?

This one and this one.

1. You didn't compare the actually power of the Death Star and a Super Saiyan Vegeta after Cell Games when Cell was defeated.

2.Not only that in the setup it read that Vegeta was charging up before they even fired the blast which I can post the exact sentence. In addition after Cell Game Goku and Vegeta are capable of charging up to planet busting level in 30 seconds or a little more I will say.

3. After that it read the Death Star detecting a massive energy on the planet which then afterwards Vader yelled fire. With all of that the laser had not been fired yet until Vader said so at the end of the setup. Vegeta when the laser is fired is more then likely all ready charged up.

1 Yes I did. Read my post. I even went out of my way and extrapolated Vegeta's power level to 2 BILLION.

2 The Death Star superlaser, as I've mentioned several times, takes 2 seconds to fire. Vegeta doesn't have enough time.

3. Again, the superlaser takes all of 2 seconds to fire. Your argument, on the other hand, hinges on Vegeta being finished charging up (a dubious assumption) and being able to react to the superlaser lancing out from the superlaser dish to him and on Vegeta being anywhere near the path of the superlaser.

#58 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

It takes 13 seconds to fire not 2 seconds. You even said yourself it takes 13 seconds. Just correcting that point. In the setup Vegeta is in the path of the laser because they detecting his massive energy so thats where they will fire.

#59 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

This is what I meant by wank, Ruinus. :D

#60 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

It takes 13 seconds to fire not 2 seconds. You even said yourself it takes 13 seconds. Just correcting that point. In the setup Vegeta is in the path of the laser because they detecting his massive energy so thats where they will fire.

Read the quote again. The timer counted 13 seconds, but the technician that actually fired the superlaser notes that it'll take "second or so for the tributary beams to coalesce". That means its 1-2 seconds for the smaller beams to link up into the main superlaser beam. The other 10 seconds was the laser traveling from the Death Star to Alderaan.

Why would they fire at the energy source? They can aim the beam at any point they care to and it'll destroy the planet. The sensors didn't say "We're picking up an energy reading right at the target point!" or anything similar, nor are their sensors limited to directly in front of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users