#1 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Kame House, Earth

One Day, as any day on Earth, all was remotely peaceful. Vegeta was doing his routine session of bragging.

“Oh please” He said “I could wipe the floor with Cell now”

Krillin, still wary of Vegeta, said “I don’t know…..”

“What do you mean you don’t know, I’ve been training for another year in that chamber of Kakarot’s!”

At this, Yamcha dared to butt in:

“Yea but you never saved the Earth from a real threat like Goku did, he has a better chance than you do!” Said Yamcha

Rallying behind this, Krillin said: “Yea Goku has beaten Freiza, Turles, Slug, and YOU!”

All Krillin received from this was an angry glare. However, this debate was greatly interrupted when an enormous space station burst into the sky.

“What the…..”

The Death Star, Over Earth

“Is this the planet that we traced the warrior who killed that local alien warlord Frieza?” Said the Dark Lord Darth Vader.

“Yes, my lord” Said the firing operator

“Then prepare to fire at once!”

Kame House, Earth

“Oh no, is that thing gonna fire that laser at Earth?” Krillin gasped.

“I think so, and Goku’s out somewhere!” Tien responded.

“Wait guys, don’t panic, Goku’ll just do that teleport thing here and save the day!” Said Yamcha, more hoping than stating

“No” Said Tien “Goku is somewhere far away from here and most likely not paying attention to the Sky!”

“Out of my way!” Shouted Vegeta, muttering something about weak runts.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperation.

The Death Star, Over Earth

“Sir, our radars detect massive energy on the planet’s surface!” Said a Death Star engineer.

“Ignore it” Said Vader “Fire!”

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Learn More About
The Death Star
Read more about The Death Star at Wikipedia
Official Site: LucasFilm Ltd Links: Wikipedia Star Wars.com Star Destroyer.net

Vegeta
Read more about Vegeta at Wikipedia
Official Site: Funimation Links: Vegeta Wikipedia article Absolute Anime / Dragonball Z / Vegeta [Vegeta]

#3 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

i thought someone already did this match.
is this an old setup?

#4 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I just made this etup, but now that I looked they have fought.............damn but at least I made the setup different, I think.

#5 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

The Death Star fires it's superlaser and kills everyone.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Pretty good set-up, Dragonborn.

The Death Star fires it's superlaser and kills everyone.

Oh, I don't know. Since this is set after the Cell Games, Ascendant SSJ Vegeta should be able to block and deflect a planet-busting blast.

#7 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Pretty good set-up, Dragonborn.

Oh, I don't know. Since this is set after the Cell Games, Ascendant SSJ Vegeta should be able to block and deflect a planet-busting blast.

Well he was a planet buster since he showed up. And now his power is so past that its not even funny. I'd put his power past the death star.

#8 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

I give the set-up a good!

Vegeta would use a Final Flash to stop the Death Star’s laser from hitting the Earth, and use the attack to destroy the space station.

So I think Vegeta will win this.

#9 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

The superlaser doesn't at all work like any of the ki attacks from Dragon Ball (ie you can't hold it with your damn hands and the superlaser is actually moving close to light speed-much faster than most ki attacks) and is probably much much larger in diameter than Vegeta's body.

Tenn felt sweat dripping down his neck, under that blasted helmet. He looked at the timer: 00:58:57.
He pulled the lever.
It would take a second or so for the tributary beams to coalesce. He wanted to look away from the monitor, but he couldn't.
The superlaser beam lanced from the focusing point above the dish.
The image of Alderaan on the screen was struck by the green ray.
It took no more than an instant. Tenn knew that the beam's total destructive power was much bigger than matter-energy conversions limited to realspace. At full charge, the hyper-matter reactor provided a superluminal "boost" that caused much of the planet's mass to be shifted immediately into hyperspace. As a result, Alderaan exploded into a fiery ball of eye-smiting light almost instantaneously, and a planar ring of energy reflux-the "shadow" of a hyperspatial ripple-spread rapidly outward.
The timer read: 00:59:10.

So Vegeta's got all of 13 seconds to get ready to die. Less if the Death Star is closer to Earth than it was to Alderaan when it blew that up (it was 6 planetary diameters away when it did that).

Vegeta would use a Final Flash to stop the Death Star’s laser from hitting the Earth, and use the attack to destroy the space station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEZUus1Uyk
Final Flash starts at 20 seconds in.
He fires it at 2:48.

That means that Vegeta takes 2:35 seconds too long to use this attack. He gets killed 13 seconds into his charge up time by the superlaser.

#10 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

It doesn't have to be the actual Final Flash. Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season. Assuming that the Death Star's superlaser is in the same ballpark in terms of sheer destructive power, Vegeta would have (approximately) tied it then. He's thousands of times more powerful now. It shouldn't be any great feat to drag together enough ki in the minute it takes the superlaser to charge and fire, even if he just uses an overcharged off-the-cuff blast instead of a technique.
And the Death Star's "actual laser" properties... wait, make that " "actual" laser" properties... aren't anything new; the Z-fighters have tanked and countered non-ki tech-origin blasts before. Look at Dr. Willow. His planetkiller was (at least primarily) technological in origin, and WAY wider than the Spirit Bomb that successfully countered it.

#11 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

It doesn't have to be the actual Final Flash. Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season.

Evidence?

And the Death Star's "actual laser" properties... wait, make that " "actual" laser" properties... aren't anything new; the Z-fighters have tanked and countered non-ki tech-origin blasts before. Look at Dr. Willow. His planetkiller was (at least primarily) technological in origin, and WAY wider than the Spirit Bomb that successfully countered it.

Evidence?

Also Dr. Wheelo's "energy attacks" still didn't act like actual energy beams would, ie that red beam at the end could be pushed by the Spirit Bomb. A superlaser being hit with a Spirit Bomb or Kamehameha isn't going to be pushed back because turbolasers and superlasers don't behave in that manner.

Also irrelevant, because Vegeta doesn't know the Spirit Bomb technique.

Not only that, but we have no reason to believe Dr. Wheelo's final attack is a planet killer. There's absolutely no evidence to believe his beam would destroy the DBZ Earth, the only reason you have to believe it would is because he said so. Yeah, good luck believing the word of a power hungry robot who thought he was the world's strongest.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Vegeta in the setup has already charged up his KI before Vader even told them to fire. Vegeta is more then capable of attacking and intecepting the Death Star's laser. I remember when Buu threw a planet busting attack in seconds to destroy the planet out of anger Vegeta easily intercepted it without even needing to charge up his KI in seconds.

Sorry but lets be serious here these type of things are right up the Z fighters' alley. Vegeta and others have more then proven there powerful enough to intercept such an attack.

Vegeta wins.

#13 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Evidence?

Evidence?

Well here's picolo blowing up the moon in the first season with an unnamed normal blast.

#14 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Vegeta in the setup has already charged up his KI before Vader even told them to fire.

No he hasn't. Read the OP again.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperation.

He's in the process of powering up, the Death Star on the other hand, is already firing.

#15 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Well here's picolo blowing up the moon in the first season with an unnamed normal blast.

That's not Vegeta.

#16 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

That's not Vegeta.

Piccol's power level was about 1000 at that time. vegeta's was 17000. Much more powerful.

#17 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Piccol's power level was about 1000 at that time. vegeta's was 17000. Much more powerful.

That's not evidence of this:

Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

LOL wow have we forgotten the first season when Vegeta first fought Goku he launched a planet busting attack at the Earth in anger which Goku countered back with a Kamahamaha sending it back up toward Vegeta which Vegeta dodged.

#19 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well the moon is about 1/6 the size of earth and it was blown up by piccolo. Master Roshi had blown up the moon in dragon ball with only a power level of 270. So if vegeta is at 17000 and the moon can be destroyed at 270 vegeta could blow up the moon 62.96 times over. Much larger than the earth.

#20 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Evidence?

1. Don't be a moron. You obviously know the series. I'm not gonna waste my time posting stuff from Youtube.
2. Vegeta destroyed that bug planet with one shot. Vegeta threatened to destroy earth with one shot.
3. The spirit bomb was the only example I could think of off the top of my head in the entire series where beam width was ever a factor. The point is power =/= size. Unless you're willing to give the entire encounter Star Wars physics as a handicap, The Z-verse has more instances of high-energy attacks to go from.
3. Taking his word for it? Well, YEAH. In the absence of having the writer sitting on the couch next to us saying "oh, no that robot's TOTALLY bluffing" then we as viewers are forced to accept that what the characters say, unless ixnayed by another character, are plausible truths. If we didn't take ANYTHING for granted, we'd never get anything done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users