Photo
- - - - -

Match 11238 Hades (Mythology) vs. Freddy Krueger (2010 Remake)

Fantisy VS Horror

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

After the events of 2010, children and young adults alike continued to fall victim to the monster of their dreams, Freddy Krueger. As the months past, Freddy left a shopping list of bodies through-out Springwood as the citizens sleep. Until 2013 that is, when all of the citizens who knew about the Frederick Krueger legend were captured for various excuses by the government and placed in a "residential camp" for their own protection and the safety of the clueless victims of Springwood. Without the mass hysteria, Freddy had no power to feed off of in Springwood, and could no longer satisfy his urge to kill the children of the town that murdered him.

Then in 2015, the people of Springwood had forgotten the name Freddy Krueger once again, and the events of the past were still unexplained. More than ever, they began to watch the news as the world around them seemed to slip further and further into Hell. Multiple murders from Haddenfield, Illinois remained to go unpunished as the local killer could not be captured by police when he was seen. Then there's the Crystal Lake murders in New Jersey that continued to puzzle police and horrify locals. After the arrest of the Sawyer family in Texas twelve years before, monsters and maniacs seemed to be popping up all over the country. Until later that year, when the United States began a secret operation code name: "Black Pumpkin", to wipe these monsters from the free-world. As the government began to capture them alive for tissue testing and imprisonment. These killers and monsters would go unseen for two years and talked about only be conspiracy theorists.

However... early this year (2017) the news began to fear a new monster. This one wasn't in the form of a "slasher", but of an olympic god from the tails of Ancient Greece. In a mass wave of shock felt around the world, Hades made his return known to all of the modern day non-believers. He unleashed Ghosts, Cyclopes, and Armies of the dead from his realm known as the "Underworld" to battle the humans who turned on him thousands of years ago. City after city began to fall victim to the God of Death and his creatures that seemed to come straight out of children's stories and fairy-tails.

Until the undead armies were met by the Cenobites, who claim "the world will belong to Leviathan in its final days". Leviathan sent his loyal follower Pinhead to stop the invasion of Earth, as it could not be destroyed before the days of Revelation. Pinhead and the Cenobites began to swarm over the armies of the undead and the Earth became a war zone between Hell and its cousin realm the Underworld. As monsters of former-fiction and the Cenobites of The Labyrinth spilled the blood of one another across the world, Pinhead entered the small town of Springwood and with him he brought along the angry spirit of Freddy Krueger. As Freddy was granted special powers by Leviathan himself, to enter the dreams of those who had not previously known him. Freddy once again made his mark and in return collected souls for Leviathan, to increase the power of his Cenobite Army.

In time Freddy's powers prove to be very useful against the armies of The Underworld, as he can single them out and kill them in their sleep. Jason Voorhees, The Swayers, Micheal Myers, and other slasher also side with Pinhead and the Cenobites after being freed from the governments now weak hand by the Cenobite Army. The effectiveness of Krueger's kills catches the attention of Leviathan, who sends Freddy on a special mission. Freddy entered the ancient portal to The Underworld beneath Greece, and used his spirit form to swim down the River of Styx. As he reached the palace of Hades himself, he found his target. Krueger's spirit then began to haunt the comatose body of Persephone, wife of Hades. As Hades returned to his bride, he found her bleeding and gasping for air. All the while, still sleeping. Hades then seen claw marks on her torso that spelled-out "Join us". Hades grew furious that a soul from Hell had snuck into The Underworld and taken over his wife's mind and body. Hades took comfort in the fact that while in his realm he could take spirit form as well, and enter the body of Persephone.

As Hades entered his brides unconscious mind, he began to walk down the dark halls of pipes and dust. He taunted Krueger by saying, "Hahaha... You dare to enter my realm and challenge my power? You will become part of my army soon". There was no answer to Hades's threats, only sounds of scratching on the dark foggy halls as he walked. Hades then seen Persephone sliced-up and crying in a dark corner, with a clawed-hand over her mouth singing "Hush little baby" to her. Hades then used his dark powers to move the shadows off of his bride and her attacker, but then seen no one in their place. Hades then said, "Enough of these games. You cannot defeat me! Im a god of olympus! Son of Cornus and ruler of this realm!". Then everything fell silent again. Freddy then appeared behind Hades and whispered to him, "You're not in your realm anymore...". Hades then grabbed Krueger and began to pull him back into reality, but could not do so in spirit form. Only a living soul could pull Freddy out of Persephone's dreams. Since Persephone herself was the only soul to see the battle, she could not bring Freddy back until the end of January, which was still a month away. Hades then knew the only way to defeat him was to kill him in dream world. Where Freddy was just as much a god as Hades himself. With the war between Hell and The Underworld waging on Earth, the deciding factor was possibly taking place in the dreams of Hades wife Persephone.

(Hades vs 2010 Krueger: In dream world).

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Learn More About
Hades (Mythology)
Read more about Hades (Mythology) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain Links: Wikipedia Maicar Theoi

Freddy Krueger (2010 Remake)
Read more about Freddy Krueger (2010 Remake) at Wikipedia
Official Site: New Line Cinema Links: Wikipedia Elm Street Wiki- Freddy Krueger (Remake) Horror Film Wiki-Freddy Krueger (Remake)

#3 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Interesting. I love the dual concept of Underworld VS Hell (sort of reminds be of the old D&D game where you had demons vs devils in the Blood War). Not sure how the government Black Pumpkin operation fits in though?

As to the match, I'm going to give it to Hades as having more experience and raw power. In certain versions of the mythology, Thanatos (Death) answered to Hades. Thanatos' twin brother is Hypnos (Sleep), whose son (or in some versions brother) is Morpheus, God of Dreams.

So in my opinion, in order of power is:

- Hades
- Thanatos (Death) and Hypnos (Sleep)
- Morpheus (God of Dreams)
- Freddy (Dream Demon)

However.... a Dream Demon amped up with the power of Leviathan may rise up through those power ranks as Cenobites have shown reality warping skills. But setup states the only powerup is entering dreams of those previously unknown to Freddy so I am giving this to Hades.

Excellent job.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Damn good setup. As powerful as Freddy is I don't know if even he has enough power to defeat a God like Hades.

#5 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I like how the picture for the actual mythological Hades is a picture of Ralph Fiennes from "Clash of the Titans" and "Wrath of the Titans", which are movies that pretty much ignored mythology and did their own thing.

#6 BritWriter

BritWriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Freddy is simply living through what has been created, given Hades is one of the ruling creations (in mythology) I don't think Freddy will get the desired win. Freddy is a weaker 'dream demon' Ideally a more deadlier varation would be sadako, at least you can fight back against freddy.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Actually the Titan movies kept true to some aspects of the original myths if I remember correctly. However the Titan movies are great and I like there adaption.

#8 The Lord Dragon Reborn

The Lord Dragon Reborn

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 360, SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS/MOVIES, FOOTBALL, AND NONREALITY TV SHOWS

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Come on, it's the freakin' god of the underworld! Freddy dies a thousand deaths squealing like a pig.

#9 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Come on, it's the freakin' god of the underworld! Freddy dies a thousand deaths squealing like a pig.

totally totally agreed....this would be a major poopie

#10 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

freddy is totally based on dreams. he is nowhere near god status. my opinion of course!!!! hades created freddy and his existence tbh lol

#11 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

In dream world, Freddy has a huge advantage over Hades. This battle doesnt take place in the Underworld, but in dream world. Where Hades cant just wipe the floor with Freddy like he could everywhere else.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yeah but Hades' body in the real world is very powerful since he is a God. Freddy has only defeated and killed normal humans.

#13 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Awesome and It's Good from me. I do believe Mr. Hades is far more superior than Freddy; even if old Fred has a bit of a power boost. Hades has this in the bag and again great job.

#14 Dragonborn117

Dragonborn117

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hades pwns and dooms freddy to some horrible task that will torture him for eternity in the underworld. Simply put, Hades is a god, Freddy isn't.

#15 Guest_Redemption X_*

Guest_Redemption X_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hades pwns and dooms freddy to some horrible task that will torture him for eternity in the underworld. Simply put, Hades is a god, Freddy isn't.

By the way, he isn't a dream demon, either. Freddy is powered by the Dream Demons, he isn't a Dream Demon himself. That's like saying that Stanley Ipkiss is Loki or that Johnny Blaze is Zarathos or that Billy Batson is Solomon/Hercules/Achilles/Zeus/Atlas/Mercury.

#16 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Nice! Looks like I might have my work cut out for me here.

In the Dream World, Hades may be more in Freddy's element, but I'm still thinking he might be a bit too powerful for Kruger.

#17 Garland

Garland

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hades eternal task for Freddy Krueger is as an ice cream man for little children.

#18 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Nice! Looks like I might have my work cut out for me here. In the Dream World, Hades may be more in Freddy's element, but I'm still thinking he might be a bit too powerful for Kruger.

Lol. I dont know about having your work cut out for ya DS. Youve only been here a couple years and are already a Hall of Famer! You'll probibly whip something good up this time as well. :)

#19 Guest_Guests_*

Guest_Guests_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hades, easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users