#22 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Peter's mental health issues really have nothing to do with the fact Gwen was his true love. If his heart desired Mary Jane most then it would have been her but it wasn't.

Yes it does have something to do with it. If he had mental health issues, he obviously didn't get his heart's true desires, so the argument that Gwen is his true love because he was with Gwen during the events of M Day is invalid.

#23 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Kitty Pryde.

Bewbs.

#24 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yes it does have something to do with it. If he had mental health issues, he obviously didn't get his heart's true desires, so the argument that Gwen is his true love because he was with Gwen during the events of M Day is invalid.

This.

#25 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

No I said before the House of M thing we discussed that Gwen was his true love in Spiderman comics. I was trying to say House of M was further prove the sole reason Gwen is. Sorry if you misunderstood me.

if I remember Peter Parker had mental issues regarding Spiderman and Green Goblin in House of M. Its been a while since I read House of M Spiderman.

Other then that whether Gwen or MJ is his true love will always be up when it comes to that discussion. Me I believe its always been Gwen from reading Spiderman over the years whenever a story mentioning or regarding Gwen is brought up.

#26 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

First of all, let me say that THIS is the kind of thread we should be seeing on CBUB more often- it's a valid question and everyone so far has made a good case for their respective answers. Good show all around.

In my opinion, even though MJ technically came first, Gwen belongs with High School/College age Spider Man. Gwen only really works when Peter is younger, she mirrors his nerdy side and is a better foil for the balancing home/work/school/superhero dynamic.

Mary Jane is the better choice for a Spider Man who has been allowed to grow up and become an adult. She is both his soul mate and the mother of his children. MJ works best with a Spidey who has grown-up problems, one who has come into his own as a capable, popular hero. (Marvel Comics writers seem to hate this version of Spiderman and have consistently engineered excuses to return him to a less mature version of himself.)

#27 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Very true in the past they were scared of a more mature Spiderman. I'm glad they finally found a balance between Spiderman being mature but still being very fun.

Good thoughts on Gwen and MJ. You pretty much nailed it to be honest in that sense.

#28 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

(Marvel Comics writers seem to hate this version of Spiderman and have consistently engineered excuses to return him to a less mature version of himself.)

Which is why I stopped reading Spiderman.

#29 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

(Marvel Comics writers seem to hate this version of Spiderman and have consistently engineered excuses to return him to a less mature version of himself.)

To be more precise, Joe Quesada.

And speaking of Mary Jane and Spider-Man, would you believe there as a publicity wedding for this?

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users