#1 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Welcome to another elseworlds tale. Thise story takes place on an earth much like the Dc universe that you have came to know over the years. The main difference is a man named Frank Castle. A man who does not belong here and yet in this world, he has lived here all his life. A soldier and a cop. A father and husband. That is until his family is killed in a battle between the Justice league and the villainous Cyborg Superman and a small group of white Martians in central park. Castle gets there just in time for his wife to die in his arms. Enraged he confronts the heroes. Green arrow and Black Canary are the first to try to console him but the ex marine snaps and opens fire. Catching the heroes off guard and killing both. He then shots robin in the back of the head before he is knocked out by a shocked superman.
Castle goes to trial and sentenced to life in prison but to his sunrise when the prison van drops him off he is standing at the home of the infamous Lex Luthor. He is shown in and walks in to the massive house to see not only lex but another man standing in the room next to him. It is none other then Ra's al ghul.
The two villains have put aside there differences and formed an alliance to offer Frank Castle a chance at revenge. Through devious ways, Ra's has learned the identities and weaknesses of all 8 remaining JSL members that where present when the Castle family was killed. With that knowledge and the financial and technical backing of lexcorp, the Castle is free to hand out his brand of punishment.
------------------------------------------------
The line up
Punisher
vs
JLA(classic)
Superman, Batman, Hawkman, the Question, Green Lantern, Flash, Nightwing and Red Arrow.

This is not a straight up battle. The punisher is hunting them one by one and has the means to kill each one of them. But can he do it before the Heroes catch him? You decide ...

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Learn More About
The Punisher
Read more about The Punisher at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: The Punisher's Wikipedia page IMDB Punisher The Punisher Archives

Justice League
Read more about Justice League at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry Justice League Library JLU Official Website

#3 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Ok so I took this from to comics. Obviously punisher vs marvel universe and also a justice league story where Ra's steals the weaknesses of the members of the justice league from batman.

#4 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Though I would like to give the nod to Frank Castle on this one, I just can't. The major reason for this is one called Batman. He is so on top of everything that even if the punisher was hunting them one by one there are so many factors considering communication that i see it as hard for him not to get caught before he takes them all out. Now of course he could do a pretty good sniper job on some of them yet if he has any sense at all he would take out Batman first if he could. Then he would have a better chance because if he doesn't then by the time Batman finds out he's good as caught.

Batman can fight surely however he's a great detective and can track Punisher down. It would be hard for me to think that if he took out one then the others would not be on alert pretty quick. Once that happens the hammer is dropped on him.

Sorry, Punisher loses.

#5 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yes unless he could take many of them out at once. Batman and superman would be one, two on my hit list. Thanks for commenting.

#6 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

With Lex and Ra's backing him up? Yeah, I'd say Castle has a good chance. Especially considering most of the roster he has to take out is street level(Bats, Question, Nightwing, Red Arrow) or super powered with bad weaknesses.

#7 Rupertmetal

Rupertmetal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

anu - I agree with your analysis. Voted JLA.

#8 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have tried to break this down every way I could, and still see Castle losing. Reasons are below:
1) The JLA's 2nd tiers have faced opponents that are more skilled, more expeirenced, readily armed with almost every shred of knowledge about the JLA, caught them off guard, had solid backing, plus accompanying muscle power, and still lost, even if by a thin line.
2) He has already killed Arrow and Canary, leaving the immediate impression, that even though imprisoned, he has to be watched, monitored; he is dangerous and will have a mad on. He is pretty much under their radar as they are under his, courtesy of Ras and Lex. Soon, the authorities will alert tha JLA that Castle is gone/missing. With Bats 'think always 10 steps ahead' contingency, Castle, even with marginal victories on only the members he catches off guard, will eventually lose by that precious margin.

That said, the setup itself sowed the seeds for Castle's defeat, by having him shoot down Canary and Arrow. Though I do not comprehend or accept his, that Arrow, one of the most re-active of urban fighters just gets shot down, and gets beat by Castle's reflexes, where he would avert someone like Deathstroke, I still roll with it, but state as earlier, that everyone saw what he can do, and what his objective will be. Simply their expectation of the worst was Castle's downfall from the start.

#9 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Really I just tried to mirror the punisher vs marvel universe plot. In that one, he shot cyclops, jubeellee, and someone else. If he can get the jump on cyclops then he can get the jump on arrow. Also he got caught a few times in that one only to be broken out again by his employer. That said, the deck is stacked against him. Thanks for the comments.

#10 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

JLA.....with ease!!!

#11 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

anu - I agree with your analysis. Voted JLA.

Wow another thing that doesn't happen every day ..THANKS!

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

The only one Punisher would have trouble taking down, is Flash.

#13 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

its pretty much broken down by baneblade. When Frank goes after one the others will realize. he nay stop one and at most two but the others will band together and take him down easily.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Superman, Batman, Hawkman, the Question, Green Lantern, Flash, Nightwing and Red Arrow.

Anu is right in the sense Batman is usually the first to know about these kinds of attacks and is first on top of everything. RIP, Ra's Al Ghul attacking the League, and more prove this. In the DC Universe they have come to the point to be prepared for attacks like this. Batman or Nightwing are the most experienced with these types of attacks. One of the two would be the one to put Frank down for good. Both more then likely would already have come up with an advantage to there liking or already be one step ahead of Frank.

Luthor backing Frank doesn't mean a whole alot as Luthor has been one of the least successful in taking down the JLA in DC. Luthor's schemes usually have involved making them look bad and having someone else do his dirty work to further his own gains. Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, Prometheus, Gorilla Grodd, and more have all been more successful. Now yes Ra's gave Frank the weakness and more but Ra's isn't stupid. Ra's knows Batman is probably already prepped by such an attack from Frank or another villain in DC through his huge source of networks.

Frank will fail. Batman and Nightwing will catch on to Frank then warn the others before he can really do any serious damage.

#15 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well if you read Tower of babel , Ra's uses the plans that Batman himself made to deal with the JLA members if they would go rogue. For the most part they all work and it was just no name goons not Castle. Plus that lineup was much more powerful then the line up I put in this match. Just playing devils advocate ....

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yeah I read Tower of Babel and you know who was the first to realize what Ra's was up to immediately when things went down south? Batman since they were his own plans. Plus Ra's doesn't just use no name goons and didn't in that comic from what I remember.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

With the information about the JLA, given to him by Luthor and Ra's, the first one to be taken down would be Batman.

A sniper rifle when Bruce Wayne is attending some high-end party/dinner, and the Bat is dead.

Nightwing would be next to useless for a while after that, due to grief.

The next one to go would be The Question, again, sniper round to the face.

Then goes Nightwing, after being lured into a trap(an emotionally distressed Nightwing would be easy to lure).

Superman can be taken out at any time, with a Kryptonite bullet, courtesy of Lex Luthor.

Hawkman and Red Arrow are also easy to kill, explosives on their homes, or sniper rounds are easy ways to do that.

Green Lantern would be a problem, due to the Ring's automatic defenses, but surprising him, up close and personal, where he can counter the Ring in the same way as Deathstroke did, then a knife(or bullet) to the face.

The biggest problem would be The Flash, but considering his emotional state after everyone else is dead, it would be quite possible for Castle to take him out as well.

People tend to forget, that Punisher is a researcher and prep. time. user, just as much as Batman is. He doesn't just charge blindly into things.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

LOL Guest I don't know what JLA your thinking that would fall so easy to the way you described how they would die but its not the JLA on DC's main Earth. Maybe a JLA on another Earth in the Universe but not this one.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I assume you can explain then, how any of them, aside from Flash and Green Lantern, would survive a sniper round to the face(a kryptonite round in Superman's case)?

#20 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Remember we have to go with the current DC since it wasn't said it was Prereboot.

Well one Punisher is a professional so trying to hit Batman with a sniper in a full of room of people at a party is just plain bad and amateur. Batman very easily can avoid it or someone will get in the way. As a matter of fact its been tried before on Bruce Wayne and it has failed. Nightwing is very good and you seem to not know him or completely ignore his skills as well as experience. Nightwing has even passed Bruce as a fighter and in some areas. Same thing applies with Nightwing as people have tried to sniper him before and failed. Hawkman is more then capable of surviving a explosion and bullets with his durability unless this is Pre reboot which it isnt because he didn't specific so. Hawkman is so powerful now its not funny. Red Arrow is very skilled and experienced he would be able to locate explosives. However it is possible for him to be snipered if timed perfectly.

You have your information confused on Green Lantern and Flash. That was a inexperienced Kyle who went against Slade. A Green Lantern now would never do that or react like that. Green Lantern now and experienced destroys Punisher. Punisher is not even capable physical wise and more to pull off what Slade or others did against Kyle or any other Lantern.

Flash would not be so affected emotional wise that Punisher would beat him easily.

You seem to forget or ignore the heroes in DC are use to death because there allies are always dying. It longer influences how they are in battle or more. Yes they grief but it would not influence them. Flash destroys Punisher and Punisher isn't smart enough or capable Physical wise to pull off what Slade or other villains have done against Flash.

Superman's armor is made of Kryptionan armor so bullets don't work and that would go for kryptonite too. Even if this is prereboot using a sniper would fail. Superman's super hearing would hear Frank pull the trigger and before the bullet would fire Superman would take out Frank in seconds. Punisher would have to shoot Superman up close.

But none of that would happen. Batman when it comes to villains trying to kill him always knows in advance as he has such a huge network of sources as well as snitches or allies or whatever. Batman would know something is up and inform the other members of the JLA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users