Photo
- - - - -

Match 11150 Zeus (Marvel) and Odin and Ra (Mythology) vs. Jesus (The Godyssey) and Michael (Supernatural) and Lucifer (Supernatural)

The end of Flipside

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

SUMMARY AVAILABLE AT BOTTOM OF SETUP. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE ALL MYTHOLOGICAL VERSIONS; NOT MARVEL, DC OR SUPERNATURAL

----------------------------

The End of Flipside – Part 2 of 2

(The End Part 1; Thanos & Darkseid VS Z Fighters: http://www.electricf...showtopic=25474)

----------------------------
FLIPSIDE

Flipside is a world beneath ours where dreams go to die. Imagine a world created solely for the repository of our imaginations, where the unwritten stories live alongside those never completed and every fickle being that has ever been conjured from the deep recesses of our mind walks the yellow brick roads that pave the way to the great cities of our make-believe.

Flipside is a place where you can get anything, or if you are not careful, where anything can get you. You can find ogres, dragons, superheroes, demons, knights and dead pop stars drinking alongside each other in any of the many bars, pubs and nightclubs that offer every vice imaginable.

You can only access Flipside if you wish for it hard enough, or are desperate enough, or have a death wish. Gods walk through the streets, passing undead cheerleaders or old cowboy gunslingers and no one bats an eyelid. Tourism is a big trade, mainly because Flipside gets a cut of the insurance money, which is ridiculously high. In a world where Satan, Dr Doom, Hannibal Lecter and Jason Vorhees can establish their own businesses, no one can ever really be safe.

So… welcome to Flipside; a place where dreams can come true, or, more likely, where nightmares will kill you. For god’s sake; be careful.

-----------------------------

Ugh. I awoke with pain everywhere. I breathed in quickly, which only caused more pain to at least two cracked ribs in my side. I hadn’t yet opened my eyes, but when I finally did I didn’t have a clue what I was looking at.

Blurbs slowly transformed into shapes as my eyesight adjusted to the light. A chair, a table, what seemed like white walls and a window into a bland field outside; I must be in a hospital. And that’s when memories start returning. Painful memories that only complimented the agony my body was experiencing.

An explosion had taken Flipside police station, powerful and devastating and I doubted that there would be many survivors.

For those of you who haven't already met me, my name is Arthur. Yes like the King and yes, the same person. I am protected by Merlin the Magician's most powerful ancient spells and carry at my side Excalibur, the gun reshaped from my old sword. It shoots bullets that kill instantly and the name Arthur Pendragon has become synonymous with death in Flipside. Oh, I am also an alcoholic, and worse, a cop. A very beat up cop in this instance.

Suddenly I heard the familiar sound of grating stone on stone. There weren’t many types of sounds that were more familiar than that of a walking statue (apart from the odd gargoyle) and relief flooded my aching bones as I realised that there had been at least one other survivor.

The door opened and Plato, the living statue walked through the door. Once reputed to be the most intelligent man of ancient Greece this philosopher and mathematician was killed by his own student. Aristotle. Jealous of his teacher’s superior intellect and renown, the student made a deal with a sorcerer to banish Plato’s soul from the world of the living. Luckily, sensing there may be an opportunity to twist the words of the spell, the soul of the genius Plato entered a recently erected statue of himself and proceeded to crush the sorcerer and discredit Aristotle.

His logical mind and prodigious deductive reasoning were being put to good use in the Flipside Police department and I counted him as a personal friend (plus a relatively cheap house guest).

“Pendragon…. You Survived!” said the statue in a voice like sandpaper on glass.

“Plato, thank god. Did anyone else make it?” I was almost shaking with grief, anger and pain all rolled into one unstoppable ball of inner turmoil.

“Very Few. Those That Were On Duty Out Of The Main Station And A Few That Happened To Be At
The Edges Of The Explosion. The Whole Block Suffered Many Losses.”

“What do you mean the whole block? Who else was hit?” I was suddenly sitting up in the bed despite the pain.

“It Wasn’t Just The Station You Know?” said the statue.

“Where else?”

“The Whole Eastern Block, It Seems That Thanos And Darkseid Made An Escape From Flipside Into Another Dimension. The Resulting Explosion Destroyed Nearly Fifty Buildings.” Plato spoke each word slowly and sturdily.

“I didn’t even think it was possible to escape Flipside like that! I wonder where they went.”

“The Question Of More Importance It Why They Left. Reason Rather Than Location.”

“You have a point”

After that we spoke for a while of fallen comrades. We didn’t mention the case again and neither did we mention where the police force of Flipside would go from here.

Three days later I was fit enough to finally leave the hospital and that meant that I was due some answers. No one was too mighty to answer my questions and I didn’t care how many feathers I ruffled (the chain of command seemed to have fallen to me and the surviving cops appeared to be happy with this change; anger does that for you).

Politicians, heroes, villains, priests, musicians… I questioned everyone for some whisper or some inclination as to what had happened or what was going to happen. Something monumental enough to scare off Thanos and Darkseid was coming, and I was damned if I was going to be unprepared.

Lead after lead led nowhere until finally I got in touch with the Question. This man of mystery and official conspiracy nut seemed to have something and usually proved to be worthwhile listening to.

But as usual, his message was cryptic.

“He’s growing up and moving on. The world is unravelling.”

Not a great help, but the way he had found the hidden message was interesting. It appeared to be embedded in technology code everywhere. The Question showed me strings of computer code and screens of television static and, amazingly, he was right. There, in bold letters, I could see it.

“He’s growing up and moving on. The world is unravelling.”

It was a lead but I had no idea how to follow it up.

I went to see Professor X. The X-Mansion had previously been on red alert and complete lockdown but this time I wasn’t backing down. After racing through obstacle courses and letting Merlin’s magic absorb as much fire power as it could safely bear, I finally made it into the mansion.

Professor X was there to greet me with a small army of X-men.

“Arthur, I’m glad you finally came. I apologise for the defences but we are on top alert and could afford no lapse to security” said Professor X as he let me down a hall.

“Prof, what’s going on here? You look like you’re preparing for a war!”

“I don’t know what we are preparing for, but I have a feeling it will be worse than anything we have ever experienced to date.”

“I dunno Prof, you weren’t there for the episode of the Hannibal the Cannibal clones… that was pretty bad.”

“Listen to me Arthur. Something is coming and I don’t know how we can stop it!” The fear in his voice stopped me in my tracks.

“But WHAT is coming?!”

“The end of everything!” his eyes were bright as he said the words and I could sense the panic almost palatably.

When I left the Mansion I was none the wiser about what to do. Professor X’s lead had seemed uncannily like the Question’s. Rather than something solid or concrete, it was a whisper or a rumour. Just as the Question had found words buried in technology, Prof had heard it whispered through Cerebro, apparently tapping in to the subconscious of every mutant in Flipside.

Deep in their thoughts he had read a message, repeated constantly over and over again;

The End. He brings the End. The End. He brings the End.

Over and over

There were a million other clues that I could have started following up but I didn’t need to.

The End and whoever this mysterious “He” was had come to Flipside and brought with him death and anarchy.

No one saw him, or even heard or sensed him (and we have many senses in Flipside) but he was there just the same. People fell in the street, blood erupting from their eyes and flesh falling from their bones. Some simply disappeared into nothingness. Some melted and others burned. It was an apocalypse of unimaginable proportions and no one seemed immune to it.

I found Plato outside my house, his fist raised to the heavens. He was just a statue again. From a high point in town I could usually see the X-Mansion… I saw only a crater in the ground.

And then suddenly, from that high point in town I looked to the edge of Flipside and just couldn’t believe what I saw.

Nothing.

Oh, I’m not saying there wasn’t anything there… there was. It was pure and unaltered nothingness. A negative energy that seemed to suck away at everything it touched and simply makes it disappear. Blackness darker than any night; no stars or light of any sort and an absence of any life or even death. It was as if nothing had ever existed.

Lightning crashed around me and I whirled around to see the heavens open. From the skies the Gods descended and they were in a panic. In the absence of a tangible enemy they turned on each other.

The Greek, Norse and Egyptian pantheons blamed the new religions and the God Wars exploded above us all. Angel fought God in sky and on earth the Kings of Gods, Zeus, Odin and Ra faced Jesus and his two most powerful angels, the fallen Lucifer and the archangel Michael.

I turned away from the battle as realisation slowly dawned. I quickly ran back to my house and jumped into my car. I think I finally understood what was happening and who this mysterious bringer of the apocalypse was….

I drove and drove as the God wars continued behind me. I drove straight towards the nothingness, not daring to think what I was doing; simply acting.

I stopped at the edge and saw it slowly moving forward, destroying everything in its path. Simply removing it from existence.

“Please stop!” I shouted as loudly as possible. “PLEAAASEEE STTTOPP!!!”

I knew who this “He” was… had long suspected that we lived in a realm of pure imagination. And if “He” was moving on or growing up, then Flipside would simply cease to exist. It was a terrifying thought… to simply be part of someone’s mind, a figment of his imagination and that we could all be dismissed that simply.

“You can’t do it!” I cried. “There are lives here, real people… we rely on you! Don’t abandon us!”
I didn’t know if anyone could hear my cries or whether I had simply snapped under the strain. Maybe I was still back in the hospital bed and this was all just a terrible coma induced hallucination. But I couldn’t stop. If Flipside was just part of some madman’s terrible mind, then we needed to do everything to ensure he did not forget.

I drew Excalibur, my most trusted ally and fired again and again and again into the sky. Shouting for forgiveness, for mercy, for a chance simple chance to live past the nothingness of oblivion. Finally, when I could no longer feel my finger pulling the trigger and my voice was merely a croak; I dropped to my knees.

I, Arthur Pendragon, the warrior who had saved England and forged a Kingdom, dropped to my knees and for the first time in my life begged. “Please don’t do this creator… Please save Flipside…”

I begged and begged as the nothingness kept coming.

Plea….

THE END

SUMMARY

Whilst the Pantheons fight Angels in the sky, the main battle takes place on Earth.

The Kings of Gods: Zeus, Odin and Ra (all from mythology)

VS

Jesus and his two most powerful angels, the fallen Lucifer and the archangel Michael.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Learn More About
Odin
Read more about Odin at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Odin Marvel.com: Odin Marveldatabase.com: Odin

Zeus (Marvel)
Read more about Zeus (Marvel) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Zeus - Marvel Zeus - Marvunapp

Ra (Mythology)
Official Site: Public Domain Links: Wikipedia Egypt Art Site King-Tut.org

Jesus (The Godyssey)
Official Site: Rob Liefeld Links: All The Rage Power Level One Million St. Jeromes Library

Michael (Supernatural)
Read more about Michael (Supernatural) at Wikipedia
Official Site: CW TV Links: Wikipedia Michael Supernatural

Lucifer (Supernatural)
Read more about Lucifer (Supernatural) at Wikipedia
Official Site: CW TV Links: Wikipedia Lucifer Lucifer Super-Wiki

#3 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Team Heaven stomps. Jesus, Micheal and Lucifer!? Please! No contest!

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Wow, I take it this is truly the end of your Flipside arc, huh? Shame, but I guess we all have to move on sometime. :(

Very good set-up, Culwych, as were all the rest of the Flipside stories I've read from you. As for the match, I'd say Jesus and the angels take this. Since they all oversee larger domains than the mythological gods (for the most part), it would stand to reason that Jesus, Michael, and Lucifer are probably the more powerful group.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Wow, I take it this is truly the end of your Flipside arc, huh? Shame, but I guess we all have to move on sometime.

Very good set-up, Culwych, as were all the rest of the Flipside stories I've read from you. As for the match, I'd say Jesus and the angels take this. Since they all oversee larger domains than the mythological gods (for the most part), it would stand to reason that Jesus, Michael, and Lucifer are probably the more powerful group.

But Jesus and his two Angels haven't really shown their power(assuming we're talking about the mythological versions here).

While Zeus, Odin and Ra, all have impressive showings of power.

Not to mention the fact that Jesus is not a warrior or a fighter in any way(quite the opposite), which leaves that team with 2 fighters, against the older trio, who are all experienced warriors.

#6 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

In the bible, after Jesus was crucified, he took the keys of life and death from Satan. That's some serous power. Plus, in many accounts of the old gods, they thrived on worship. Jesus and the angels don't need any of that.

#7 Manar

Manar

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Actually most of the old god stories barely mentions worshipers at all, and clearly doesent name them as a source of power. It is modern writers that likes to make that connection for the gods to become a little more understandable.
How would a creator god like Odin have the power to make the nine worlds and Yggdrasil if there where noone there to worship him at that time, for example.
Also Jesus never claimed he stole the keys from Satan. Relevelations only has him say that he got the keys, and it is the keys to Hades, not Hell. That he has "the key to Hades" is usually interpreted only as he has the deciding vote of where sommone will end up in the end, not as a set of actually keys. Either way, the bible never says that Jesus had to fight for them, and even if he did, any power he got that way would be one that Lucifer lost so it will not change this fight much.

#8 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Go to hell, take the keys from Satan- see if there's a fight involved. Post resurrection, Jesus went back to The Father, restoring the Christian Holy Trinity. This is the entity that created all existance. Whatever the others Gods created is just within the what was already made (I don't know the creation stories of the three in this battle but I doubt that it involves creating something from nothing. They're outmatched.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

1. There is nothing in the bible about "taking the keys from the devil", in the section of his resurrection.

2. The Holy Trinity is not a part of this match, only Jesus.

None of the three featuring in this match(Jesus, Michael and Lucifer), have particularly impressive showings.

#10 Manar

Manar

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

How about not going to Hell and not wresting anything from Satan ? Even Jesus himself said he would go to heaven after he died when he talked to the thieves on the crosses next to him. Satan never had any keys for Jesus to take anyway. Satan where cast into hell to be burned for an eternity as a punishment. It would not be much of a prison of they gave him the keys to the door at the same time, right ?

Odin created the world from the remains of a slain giant, so you are right about him. Zeus didnt create the universe from nothing, but his grandmother Gaia did, so atleast the abilility ought to be in the family.
Ra however has the gift of creating. First he created himself from nothing. Then he created land and a temple, and after that most of the other gods. After that he accidently created mankind from his tears of joy.

Team heaven still ought to win, but it will not be as easy as they think. Odin is wise and fierce warrior. Ra is powerful and skilled, and Zeus has defeated lots of godlike beeings before, so he knows what it takes.

Michael best feat is taking down a dragon. That shows he knows how to fight, but not really on the level of what the others have done.
Jesus is an untested card since we have never seen him go up against anything worthwile for a god to fight. Extra points for conquering death though.
Satan however is another matter. He is crafty, has waged war against thousands of angels, and is said to have more power than anyone else in Heaven, except from God (and maybe Jesus).

I think the fight will go like this. Odin takes down Michael rather easily. Zeus goes up against Satan, and loose badly. Ra takes on Jesus and they both knock eachother out. Left are Satan vs Oden. Odin is used to deceit from his dealings with Loki, but Satan is on a whole different level. Also Odin is mortal, but Satan is most likely not. After a fierce fight Satan will fool Odin and win the fight for team heaven.

#11 narutofan14

narutofan14

Cannon Fodder

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Jesus alone can take this

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Jesus alone can take this

Not quite, Jesus' most impressive showing, is to "defeat death" and rise again after he was killed.

Odin has done the exact same thing.

Jesus is the one on Team Heaven that dies first. Next is Michael, then finally Lucifer, when the 3 Elder Gods team up on him.

#13 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

If Jesus dies first, then hey, he'll just come back and shock the heck out of the God sqaud and Michael and Lucifer take advantage.

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Same goes the other way around, for Odin.

Fact is, none of the members of the Heaven team, have any showings that makes them even remotely a match for the 3 elder Gods in combat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users