• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Emperor Joker_*

Guest_Emperor Joker_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanos and Darkseid

VS

Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, TIen Shinhan, Yamcha, Trunks (Young), Goten (Young), Android 18. Note that the Gogeta fusion is available if required.

Why all the humans?

The eye beam ugoes go down hard.

Neither team has any knowledge of the other and the battle takes place in an open field surrounded by mountains with no population in the vicinity.

Jeez, you even gave the Z Warriors home field advantage???

#22 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Wow you really go all out with the setup! Now I know how to do it! (I am new to this site.) I personally think Thanos and Darkseid would win. I mean even without the IG and the Anti-Life equation , these two are extremely powerful and intelligent beings who have proven to be multiversal threats multiple times. Although then again I dont know much about DBZ...

#23 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Heh, yeah I have been lurking recently. The new format is quite nice, but to be honest I have gotten bored with EF. I feel like anything worth talking about has been said :/ So, I'll be lurking, watching over you all :creepy wink:

:o

#24 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hayes is a one trick pony. He said that already on Facebook.

#25 Rupertmetal

Rupertmetal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think Goku is under-estimated. Goku at the end of DBZ or in SSJ4 is one tough mother, who can also teleport. I think Z fighters win because of him and numbers.

#26 Guest_Edwidget_*

Guest_Edwidget_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

Goku is the ultimate munchkin.

Numbers don't matter and neither does the opponent. Goku wins. Period. Even if he's dead. That's who he is. That is his "super power." The bigger the threat, the more powerful Goku becomes in order to defeat it, whether he has to come back from the dead, fight while dead, channel power through a friend/son, fuse with another powerful fighter, draw life force from every being in the universe for a giant attack, or simply reach a level of power that has never been seen since, well, the last time he had to reach a level of power not seen since the time before when he had to reach.... etc ad infinitum.

At the end of the day, Goku overcomes. That is his defining characteristic as a fighter (by that I mean, as a character.) Without that characteristic, it would not be Goku, it would be some Goku-like character called Goku. Parker Lewis has nothing on Goku.

Besides, Thanos WANTS to lose, remember? His subconcious desire to lose puts him on the side of the Z-fighters (read: Goku).
Repeat: Goku is the ultimate munchkin.

"Objectively": Z-fighters Popularity Contest: DS/Thanos

#27 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Thanos and Seid for one, would never be eventually on the same team. While they are on the same team, it's overkill, even if faced with mad on DBZers. They won't take out the DBZers, just stash em' for future use for their over the top energy levels. Then they will fight each other to control that prize. FOr now, re-stating, Seid and Thanos take it, by one of many means each, at their disposal.

#28 Guest_Benjamin Grimm_*

Guest_Benjamin Grimm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

All whilst this song plays in the background as they scream obnoxiously in Japanese high pitched voices.

#29 Guest_crzyrkrdd_*

Guest_crzyrkrdd_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Idk why everyone thinks this is a stomp, these arent regular humans, these guys are EXTREMLY fast in combat, and cant even be seen fighting with regular senses, the z-fighters are probably all able to destroy a planet by now, effortlessly with their ki, now im not sure who would win this but I wouldnt put the Z-fighters down so easily

#30 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Simple, they have no way of damaging Darkseid and Thanos.

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Matter Manipulation(from both Thanos and Darkseid). All the DBZ characters get turned into lifeless glass.

#32 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

See this is why nobody I think supports the DBZ characters or respects their power as they should. If Goku is indeed DEAD during this battle how are you going to kill or destroy him? Another thing people don't look at is honestly HOW Darkseid and Thanos would fight them. You may see different things in the comics but if they are taking on all these guys at one time they wouldn't even use matter manipulation. These things aren't always instant. We don't know exactly HOW the attack would go or to be honest how fast their matter manipulation works. If they were attacked by the Z fighters their instincts would kick in as fighers first. Thanos, for all his power will either blast at you with his beams or punch you using his raw strength. If this matter manipulation was a factor they would not be able to concentrate on it to make it happen fast enough to get all these guys off them.

As far as powers go people act as if a being from DBZ who can blow up a planet even at Krillin's level...(yes he could do that because Master Roshi did it when he was weaker than Krillin was in his prime!) The amount of concussive force to do that would be astronomical and though I am not a physics major, why oh WHY would something this strong not be able to hurt or destroy a being like Thanos or Darkseid?

Would they get hurt? Yes!!

We are also forgetting that if the chips get down the Z fighters can always beam their energy into Goku. You are talking about Gogeta which is at least SS level 3 or beyond, you got two beings on that level forming together with that kind of power which is ranked as on the level of a GOD in their universe. There is a disparity as to what GOD level in DBZ is versus marvel. Yet nobody seems to talk about the lesser powered beings that have tossed Thanos around and also too, nobody talks about the reason Darkseid looks so powerful is that the only time his omega beams work is when it isn't superman or doomsday (supposedly).

Overall the Z fighters would take this. If Gogeta was there and we was getting beaten and the other Z fighters were not killed all they have to do is give their residual energy to Gogeta. Now...i dont know if Gogeta can use the spirit bomb because I havent' seen all his fights, yet I seriously doubt an attack like that which is made to destroy evil in the first place would be laughed off by Darkseid or Thanos.

It is not what they are capable of but what they would do. Thanos and Darkseid are both arrogant. They would boast about their power and laugh until some of the Z fighters knocked them for a flight across a few blocks and then get serious. They still would try blasting and slugging it out and yeah Darkseid would go for the Omega beams which I don't care what you say ANY Z fighter has the speed to dodge them. Another thing about the fated OMEGA BEAMS ...

Darkseid can't attack but one person at a time with them. So you mean to tell me that one of the other Z fighters would not come in and go right upside his proverbial skull while he's trying to take one out?

Come on now, they are outnumbered here and fighting guys that are strong, fast AND know how to fight due to martial arts training. Even if Darkseid and Thanos pulled it off, it would be ugly. I doubt they would. Gogeta could take them both out.

#33 Guest_Acecool_*

Guest_Acecool_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think Goku is under-estimated. Goku at the end of DBZ or in SSJ4 is one tough mother, who can also teleport. I think Z fighters win because of him and numbers.

Not a chance. In thanos' first outting he fought drax the destroyer. They punched each other an the planet they were on was destroyed.

Since then he has only gotten more powerful.

Darkseid can sit back, relax with some ice tea and watch.

#34 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

until recently I would have thought that team 1 would easily win but the era Z-fighters are stronger than I realized. In the Buu saga Babidi says a fighter with 800 energy level can destroy a world. (according to the majin radar) It measured Goku SS at 3000. That puts him at a level strong enough to contend at a level against Darkseid and Thanos closer. Then think about him being able to go SS3 or Vegeta and Gohan can go SS2. The fight would actually be closer than some think.

Also Gohan as the "Great Sayian Man" EASILY lifted a plane through the air while it was crashing to the ground. This proves they have much greater strength than some may think.

#35 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Simple, they have no way of damaging Darkseid and Thanos.

You called? :P

#36 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

If Goku is indeed DEAD during this battle how are you going to kill or destroy him?

I usually don't get involved in these things, but just how well do you know DBZ? They can be killed after death. It results in them no longer existing. Watch the Kid Buu saga again, then come back.

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

In the Buu saga Babidi says a fighter with 800 energy level can destroy a world. (according to the majin radar) It measured Goku SS at 3000.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

There are no official power levels for DBZ after Goku's first fight with Frieza and his transformation to Super Saiyan.

#38 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

*cough*bullshit*cough*
There are no official power levels for DBZ after Goku's first fight with Frieza and his transformation to Super Saiyan.

No there isn't but I think Babidi does say that, and base on the old power levels it would make sense right? Or do you deny that Goku would be approx that powerful?

Goku in the cell fight charged a shot that Krillin yelled would destroy the Earth, even Cell thought Goku wouldn't do it, and later on Vegeta confirms with Goku that e is at least stronger than Gohan was when he fought Cell, so what makes you think Goku at ssj3 could not be that much more powerful?

#39 Guest_usicipp Rols_*

Guest_usicipp Rols_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

No, Babidi does not say that. But yes, SS3 Goku is definitely powerful enough to destroy a planet. But then again, so are most of the opponents that both Thanos and Darkseid have fought against, and hey, both of them are still very much alive.

Now, to address Anu's points one at a time:

1. "people don't look at is honestly HOW Darkseid and Thanos would fight them. You may see different things in the comics but if they are taking on all these guys at one time they wouldn't even use matter manipulation." Hypocrite much? While it's true that we don't know exactly how Thanos and Darkseid would fight them, knowledge of the characters makes us capable of making a pretty good, educated, guess. And since no one knows exactly how the two would fight them(including yourself), you can't say for sure that they wouldn't use Matter Manipulation against them. Can they use Matter Manipulation in combat? Yes, most definitely. Have they used it in combat before? Yes, they both have(Thanos against Skragg, a skrull warrior, and Darkseid against Ol-Vir, a daxamite, and against Lobo), so yes, there is a relatively good chance that they'll use it against the DBZ'ers.

2. "These things aren't always instant. We don't know exactly HOW the attack would go or to be honest how fast their matter manipulation works.", Yes, we know that Matter Manipulation is instant, the comics show that quite clearly.

3. "If they were attacked by the Z fighters their instincts would kick in as fighers first. Thanos, for all his power will either blast at you with his beams or punch you using his raw strength." That's true, Thanos' first reaction will be an energy blast, just like Darkseid's first reaction will be an Omega Blast(which will take out one of the DBZ fighters). But that's just that, first reaction, they aren't going to be sticking to that during the entire fight.

4. "If this matter manipulation was a factor they would not be able to concentrate on it to make it happen fast enough to get all these guys off them.", not true. A quick example of how it could work: Thanos creates his most powerful Force Field, protecting the two, then Darkseid starts turning the DBZ'ers into stone, one at a time. 30 seconds later, the fight is over, with Thanos and Darkseid standing over a group of statues.

5. "As far as powers go people act as if a being from DBZ who can blow up a planet even at Krillin's level...(yes he could do that because Master Roshi did it when he was weaker than Krillin was in his prime!) The amount of concussive force to do that would be astronomical and though I am not a physics major, why oh WHY would something this strong not be able to hurt or destroy a being like Thanos or Darkseid?" Both Thanos and Darkseid have, on several occasions, tanked planet destroying attacks without flinching, from people far more powerful than any of the DBZ fighters in this match. Why, exactly, would an attack from the DBZ fighters be any different?

6. "We are also forgetting that if the chips get down the Z fighters can always beam their energy into Goku." No, we are not forgetting that. Though, what happened to "we can't know WHAT they would do"? That goes for the DBZ'ers just as much as for Thanos and Darkseid. Besides, while the DBZ'ers are concentrating on sending their energy to Goku, Thanos and Darkseid could turn them all into stone. With Goku being the one with all the energy, and thus the only one able to fight, the match would just get easier for Thanos and Darkseid.

7. "You are talking about Gogeta which is at least SS level 3 or beyond, you got two beings on that level forming together with that kind of power which is ranked as on the level of a GOD in their universe.". Wait, what happened to giving all their energy to Goku? In the time it takes Goku and Vegeta to do their ridiculous poses, they both get blasted to pieces by Thanos and Darkseid. Also, none of the Gods in DBZ would stand a chance against neither Thanos nor Darkseid.

8. "here is a disparity as to what GOD level in DBZ is versus marvel. Yet nobody seems to talk about the lesser powered beings that have tossed Thanos around and also too, nobody talks about the reason Darkseid looks so powerful is that the only time his omega beams work is when it isn't superman or doomsday" Actually, Darkseid 'looks' so powerful, because he is so powerful. He has single-handedly taken down enemies more powerful than the entire DBZ line-up(that goes for Thanos as well). And likewise, no one seems to be talking about all the times the various DBZ fighters have gotten their arses handed to them(over and over again). You want to use low-end feats. That's fine. In that case, let's use the example of Goku only barely being able to lift 40 tons. That puts his strength at far below both Thanos and Darkseid, and since he is the most powerful of the DBZ'ers... Well, easy fight for team 1.

9. "Overall the Z fighters would take this. If Gogeta was there and we was getting beaten and the other Z fighters were not killed all they have to do is give their residual energy to Gogeta." That's a lot of "if"'s. Here's another one. Thanos and Darkseid easily take this. If they use their Matter Manipulation(or any of their other insta-kill powers that the DBZ'ers have no defense against), the two would win in a matter of seconds.

10. "Now...i dont know if Gogeta can use the spirit bomb because I havent' seen all his fights, yet I seriously doubt an attack like that which is made to destroy evil in the first place would be laughed off by Darkseid or Thanos." Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that he is capable of using the Spirit Bomb. What, exactly, is stopping Thanos(or Darkseid), from turning him into stone, or taking him out in one of half a dozen other ways, while he spends several minutes charging the energy ball?

11. "It is not what they are capable of but what they would do. Thanos and Darkseid are both arrogant. They would boast about their power and laugh until some of the Z fighters knocked them for a flight across a few blocks and then get serious.". It's true that it's about what they would do. It's also true that Thanos is arrogant(Darkseid, not so much). But Thanos still keeps his personal force field active as soon as he enters a fight, and he is still capable of tanking attacks, beyond anything the DBZ'ers can dish out, without flinching. Both Darkseid and Thanos have used Matter Manipulation(as well as Telepathy, energy manipulation, etc), against opponents who were far weaker than themselves(and in Thanos' case, opponents that were far weaker than the DBZ'ers), you still haven't explained what is keeping them from using it in this case. Considering that they both can, and have, used it in combat, on several occasions before.

12. "Darkseid can't attack but one person at a time with them. So you mean to tell me that one of the other Z fighters would not come in and go right upside his proverbial skull while he's trying to take one out?" Not true. Both Thanos and Darkseid have taken out larger groups, at the same time, on more than one occasion. Besides, there's two of them. While one of them takes out a DBZ fighter, the other one can watch his back.(like my example with Thanos' Force Fields and Darkseid's Matter Manipulation)

13. "Come on now, they are outnumbered here and fighting guys that are strong, fast AND know how to fight due to martial arts training. Even if Darkseid and Thanos pulled it off, it would be ugly. I doubt they would. Gogeta could take them both out." The DBZ'ers are out-matched, fighting against two people who are far more powerful, far stronger, and far more skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Who have both taken attacks from people far more powerful than any of the DBZ'ers, without flinching. Are some of the greatest strategists and tacticians in their respective universes. And have far more experience than all of the DBZ'ers combined. Both Thanos and Darkseid could take out the entire DBZ line-up on their own. Putting both in the match is just overkill.

#40 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

So tell me how Thanos using matter manipulation less than 5 times in like 20 years makes him able to do it on a whim everytime? But if you look at the records here how is Thanos not undefeated or have wins vs people that have no defense to matter manipulation?

It's called being bias lol. Thanos would win but he would have more trouble with Goku than he does with Hulk. And in Thanos Quest, Thanos stated that he would not wish to Fight Hulk ad no way Hulk has any defense over manipulation

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flipside Thanos, Darkseid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users