Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 PM
No, Babidi does not say that. But yes, SS3 Goku is definitely powerful enough to destroy a planet. But then again, so are most of the opponents that both Thanos and Darkseid have fought against, and hey, both of them are still very much alive.
Now, to address Anu's points one at a time:
1. "people don't look at is honestly HOW Darkseid and Thanos would fight them. You may see different things in the comics but if they are taking on all these guys at one time they wouldn't even use matter manipulation." Hypocrite much? While it's true that we don't know exactly how Thanos and Darkseid would fight them, knowledge of the characters makes us capable of making a pretty good, educated, guess. And since no one knows exactly how the two would fight them(including yourself), you can't say for sure that they wouldn't use Matter Manipulation against them. Can they use Matter Manipulation in combat? Yes, most definitely. Have they used it in combat before? Yes, they both have(Thanos against Skragg, a skrull warrior, and Darkseid against Ol-Vir, a daxamite, and against Lobo), so yes, there is a relatively good chance that they'll use it against the DBZ'ers.
2. "These things aren't always instant. We don't know exactly HOW the attack would go or to be honest how fast their matter manipulation works.", Yes, we know that Matter Manipulation is instant, the comics show that quite clearly.
3. "If they were attacked by the Z fighters their instincts would kick in as fighers first. Thanos, for all his power will either blast at you with his beams or punch you using his raw strength." That's true, Thanos' first reaction will be an energy blast, just like Darkseid's first reaction will be an Omega Blast(which will take out one of the DBZ fighters). But that's just that, first reaction, they aren't going to be sticking to that during the entire fight.
4. "If this matter manipulation was a factor they would not be able to concentrate on it to make it happen fast enough to get all these guys off them.", not true. A quick example of how it could work: Thanos creates his most powerful Force Field, protecting the two, then Darkseid starts turning the DBZ'ers into stone, one at a time. 30 seconds later, the fight is over, with Thanos and Darkseid standing over a group of statues.
5. "As far as powers go people act as if a being from DBZ who can blow up a planet even at Krillin's level...(yes he could do that because Master Roshi did it when he was weaker than Krillin was in his prime!) The amount of concussive force to do that would be astronomical and though I am not a physics major, why oh WHY would something this strong not be able to hurt or destroy a being like Thanos or Darkseid?" Both Thanos and Darkseid have, on several occasions, tanked planet destroying attacks without flinching, from people far more powerful than any of the DBZ fighters in this match. Why, exactly, would an attack from the DBZ fighters be any different?
6. "We are also forgetting that if the chips get down the Z fighters can always beam their energy into Goku." No, we are not forgetting that. Though, what happened to "we can't know WHAT they would do"? That goes for the DBZ'ers just as much as for Thanos and Darkseid. Besides, while the DBZ'ers are concentrating on sending their energy to Goku, Thanos and Darkseid could turn them all into stone. With Goku being the one with all the energy, and thus the only one able to fight, the match would just get easier for Thanos and Darkseid.
7. "You are talking about Gogeta which is at least SS level 3 or beyond, you got two beings on that level forming together with that kind of power which is ranked as on the level of a GOD in their universe.". Wait, what happened to giving all their energy to Goku? In the time it takes Goku and Vegeta to do their ridiculous poses, they both get blasted to pieces by Thanos and Darkseid. Also, none of the Gods in DBZ would stand a chance against neither Thanos nor Darkseid.
8. "here is a disparity as to what GOD level in DBZ is versus marvel. Yet nobody seems to talk about the lesser powered beings that have tossed Thanos around and also too, nobody talks about the reason Darkseid looks so powerful is that the only time his omega beams work is when it isn't superman or doomsday" Actually, Darkseid 'looks' so powerful, because he is so powerful. He has single-handedly taken down enemies more powerful than the entire DBZ line-up(that goes for Thanos as well). And likewise, no one seems to be talking about all the times the various DBZ fighters have gotten their arses handed to them(over and over again). You want to use low-end feats. That's fine. In that case, let's use the example of Goku only barely being able to lift 40 tons. That puts his strength at far below both Thanos and Darkseid, and since he is the most powerful of the DBZ'ers... Well, easy fight for team 1.
9. "Overall the Z fighters would take this. If Gogeta was there and we was getting beaten and the other Z fighters were not killed all they have to do is give their residual energy to Gogeta." That's a lot of "if"'s. Here's another one. Thanos and Darkseid easily take this. If they use their Matter Manipulation(or any of their other insta-kill powers that the DBZ'ers have no defense against), the two would win in a matter of seconds.
10. "Now...i dont know if Gogeta can use the spirit bomb because I havent' seen all his fights, yet I seriously doubt an attack like that which is made to destroy evil in the first place would be laughed off by Darkseid or Thanos." Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that he is capable of using the Spirit Bomb. What, exactly, is stopping Thanos(or Darkseid), from turning him into stone, or taking him out in one of half a dozen other ways, while he spends several minutes charging the energy ball?
11. "It is not what they are capable of but what they would do. Thanos and Darkseid are both arrogant. They would boast about their power and laugh until some of the Z fighters knocked them for a flight across a few blocks and then get serious.". It's true that it's about what they would do. It's also true that Thanos is arrogant(Darkseid, not so much). But Thanos still keeps his personal force field active as soon as he enters a fight, and he is still capable of tanking attacks, beyond anything the DBZ'ers can dish out, without flinching. Both Darkseid and Thanos have used Matter Manipulation(as well as Telepathy, energy manipulation, etc), against opponents who were far weaker than themselves(and in Thanos' case, opponents that were far weaker than the DBZ'ers), you still haven't explained what is keeping them from using it in this case. Considering that they both can, and have, used it in combat, on several occasions before.
12. "Darkseid can't attack but one person at a time with them. So you mean to tell me that one of the other Z fighters would not come in and go right upside his proverbial skull while he's trying to take one out?" Not true. Both Thanos and Darkseid have taken out larger groups, at the same time, on more than one occasion. Besides, there's two of them. While one of them takes out a DBZ fighter, the other one can watch his back.(like my example with Thanos' Force Fields and Darkseid's Matter Manipulation)
13. "Come on now, they are outnumbered here and fighting guys that are strong, fast AND know how to fight due to martial arts training. Even if Darkseid and Thanos pulled it off, it would be ugly. I doubt they would. Gogeta could take them both out." The DBZ'ers are out-matched, fighting against two people who are far more powerful, far stronger, and far more skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Who have both taken attacks from people far more powerful than any of the DBZ'ers, without flinching. Are some of the greatest strategists and tacticians in their respective universes. And have far more experience than all of the DBZ'ers combined. Both Thanos and Darkseid could take out the entire DBZ line-up on their own. Putting both in the match is just overkill.