6 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

In the aftermath of Redeye's deadly seige on the city of Khazan, Sarah Maroon has found herself in Sentinel Custody. She tells everyone that Redeye made her do everything she did, in the same way that Redeye stole the wills of Takeo Itou, Sgt Knox, and many other hardworking Sentinels. She says that she only followed his lead because she was distraught with the death of her friend Becki Bloom.

She begs forgiveness. She begs for her old friends to understand. She begs for a spot back in the Sentinels.

----
Characters can argue, creators can argue, audience can argue. I just want to know what the consensus is. Is Sarah maroon allowed to join the Sentinels or do they kick her back out on the streets left to her own devices. I need feedback so that I can decide what to write in my next fic/couple of matches.

#2 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I could see them believing her, and accepting her back into The Sentinels on a probation-like thingy.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I think its plausible that they'd take her back. Better to have her on their side then working for the Syndicate, unless she's a mole... (shifts eyes quickly)...

#4 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Id be inclined to agree with the other guys about letting her back, if only cause of insistence on the Dayshift team that if they kick her out/lock her up she might just choose the bad road again. If they humor the team's attempt to reform I do imagine she'd still be watched by someone else in addition to someone on the team team. As for probation stipulations; for starters the higher ups might confiscate that eye-piece power up if they know about it, given making a room full of people braindead vegetables isnt the usual Sentinel MO, and if it is something they wouldnt know about then that could be a rather dirty secret she may or may not give up. Making sure there's none of that nasty Deliah Morgan influence left in her would also be a good thing to take care of, assuming thats how the whole machine/fusion thingy worked.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

I can see her getting taken into custody and some serious psychological testing being done on her. If she passes them, agrees to go through some rehab and completes everything like a good girl, then and only then do I see her even slightly being considered for Sentinel membership. She probably would have to do some community service and clean up her name. SLJ is serious business. You don't commit crimes like that and just jump back in, even if you say the enemy got to you. After all the testing, rehab and community service, she may have to do a little time with that old bastiche, Master Ten. If he approves her or one of the higher-ups (Blind Mike, Wally, Cale) vouch for her, then I see it happening.

But I definitely don't see a "Hey yeah, welcome back...we miss you" thing happening after that episode. Also, the eyepiece would be confiscated before she even entered a Sentinel headquarters. Confiscated, reverse-engineered, improved and given to Dr. Raven. The SLJ are the Justice League of FPL, you gotta give them more credit for not being idiots.

#6 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

What I said plus what Treach said.

#7 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

So to sum up the basic scenario is that she proves she probably wont do something like that again anytime soon THEN Dayshift team try to get her a second chance with their newly earned street cred along with the political equivalent of "please please please please please" and IF that works Sarah gets put through the wringer mutliple times. At which point it becomes a test to see if she can handle the scrutiny and see if she genuinely wants to walk the hero path.........fantastic. Good luck with that Sarah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users