#21 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Okey doke... You know that'll take me a few months at least, but okay.

#22 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, fine. January 2013

Spectrum over-exerts himself and loses his singular human consciousness. An acre of Archer is burnt to the ground when pixies summon a dark god to Khazan in revenge for a percieved slight by President Velocity. Steel Will and Catatonia were hospitalized while attempting to fight off this monster. Sage managed, in the end, to pull Verocorin the Dark God into another dimension, but was himself brought into the portal with it. Also, an entire tribe of pixies that was living in the Spires died in the summoning of Verocorin.

#23 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

...and how does this effect continuity? What was changed in the landscape of khazan? Nevermind, I'll read it... Eventually.

Pixies?!?

#24 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

How does this affect continuity?

-1 Spectrum
-1 Sage
-1 Steel Will
-1 Catatonia
-1 Acre of Khazan in the middle of Archer that burned to the ground
-All the Pixies of a specific hive.

#25 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Update: I'm going to start reading over some of these fics and updating the continuity list. They better not suck!

#26 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Okay people, there has been a lot of writing.  Give me proper write-ups, links and time periods like I did in the original post and I'll update the timeline.

#27 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Warning: It has been brought to my attention that Pseudonym is insane.  While I spent a good portion of my time creating a timeline of events in Khazan, when Pseudonym (one of three individuals I entrusted with the Keys to Khazan in absence of any admin/moderators) was asked to give me an update on Khazan’s continuity, I was answered with, “What continuity.”  Dammit, this continuity that I spent a lot of my time (again) creating.  Therefore, I am labeling Pseudonym insane and not to be listened to as he believes that Khazan has no continuity.  Thank you for your time.

Translation: And in all seriousness (and I'm just giving you a hard time Pseudo), is this something that you guys want to see continued.  Because recently I haven't seen any attempts to fill this tree?  I don't want to waste the little time I have trying to keep up with what you guys do if this isn't something that you all want or care for anymore.   

Should FPL have some sort of continuity or are we going back to the old school, "throw whatever out there" way?  And both is an option, but I'd like to hear some feedback.  I've been posting nonstop on this thread and have had no responses.  I swear why am I the only admin/mod that still cares what goes on in this place?  I need to find me a rocking chair and a porch.

#28 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

YES. I thought I was the only one left that was still trying to cling to some sort of continuity. Lately, however, a lot of the writing that has been done, such as wrath of the pixies, were considered outside of the continuity. So really there isn't anything to add for 2013. Except for Deo's Force Warriors fic but that didn't really change anything.

#29 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm all for continuity and I hope to add to it soon but it's gonna be hard to keep up if only three people plan to contribute to it.

#30 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Nothing against continuity, which is certainly helpful.  However using Khazan "The Nexus of all realities" had a certain charm insomuch as newbies didn't have to spend a lot of time considering a timeline or fitting into it.  Or even fitting into anyone else's concept of what the continuity should be.

Just sayin'...

#31 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Whatever continuity we have should arise from people chosing to acknowledge other people's creations within their own creations. That's how the old FPL worked: people would create stuff, then when they wrote a story they'd go "Hey, I like soandso, can I use him in this thing over here?" And as time went on a loose continuity built as more and more people did this sort of thing and played off of the other connections people had already made. There shouldn't be any sort of hard, definitive timeline or predetermined events that anyone participating should have to reference if they want their stuff to be "canon" or whatever.

#32 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Basically, the FPL doesn't have continuity, except when it does.

#33 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Should FPL have some sort of continuity or are we going back to the old school, "throw whatever out there" way?  And both is an option, but I'd like to hear some feedback.  

Both. Stories, Characters, and Fics will inspire Stories Characters and fics and so the canon tree will grow. 

#34 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I never would try and force someone into our timeline, but I feel like its more fun when there is an actual world you can work with. If you choose to make your own that's cool too. I rather work within continuity though.

#35 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hmm... I'll tell you what.  I'll keep this if anybody wants to add to this timeline, just post it here and you got it.  But otherwise, have your own Khazan party and make your own Khazan world.  This will just be one Continuity.

#36 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

By the way, I mentioned in a character sheet that Khazan (the island) was inhabited by hunter-gatherers a few thousand years ago without giving much detail.  This should probably be in the timeline, if only as 'archaeological evidence'.

#37 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

I dig continuity. When I came into the FPL, the big continuity then was that Quietus was the big badass, and there was a loose Sentinels of Liberty and Justice are the Justice League thing. There was also the whole DollarCorp, KOMBG and LotMU thing running around as well. But at the same time, Khazan was still the Nexus of All Realities, which helped in letting me have free creative rein.

Considering how we're structured (buncha independant creators), continuity is gonna be fuzzy around the edges. But hey, it's the same in comics. Peter Parker might be dead for real in one issue (replaced by clones or Doctor Octopus), but he's teaming up with Power Pack or the Avengers in another issue at the same chronological time. Heck, Banshee could be DEAD in an issue of Xticular X-Men, but he's totally active in Defenders or Xcelsior X-Men or something. Or you know, Kamandi is from a future where humanoid animals have taken over the world but then the Legion of Super Heroes are from a future that's bright and cheery. But everything's still in continuity and there are no paradoxes.

That said, I don't mind sharing and I dig what you've done treach. Insofar as I'm concerned, my stuff's free to use.

#38 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

I think there should be a main continuity much like the 626 universe in Marvel.

#39 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, we're all in agreement. Loose Continuity. Maybe a main one, but also there's totally an offshoot where Sage is trapped in another universe, Steel Will and Catatonia are hospitalized, and Spectrum has dehumanized and is reduced to a spray of particles.

#40 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Nobody had any intentions of throwing your fic under the bus. Quite honestly, that could've been main continuity for me. I still haven't read it, but so you obliterated a few people. Characters die and come back all the time. Nothing a good writer can't fix. I might add it here after a read anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users