2 replies to this topic

#1 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

We have several people around here, who are excellent at creating and running RPs.

So here is a challenge: Create a Highlander RP.

Now, the difficulty in that is that, in order to create a HL RP that is more than just one sword-fight after the other, it has to be more character-based than the average RP seems to be.

Note: I decided to put this challenge up, because I would love to play a Highlander RP, but I don't have the attention span to run an RP myself. If anyone is interested in running one, I would be more than willing to help with the creation process, if needs be.

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Interested. Though are there any other prerequisites you have in mind? For example;
Fighting system akin to the freeform-esque style usually on here or mainly dice-based?
Is the main point of the RP still, when it comes down to it, there can be only one?
Will you have/help the main story plot(I personally dont have much knowledge on Highlander) and/or character sheets?

#3 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

1. I don't really have any other prerequisites, though I do have some preferences. With fighting, for example, I prefer the Freeform style, but a mix between the two styles, if not pure 'dice rolling', makes much more sense, when fighting NPCs at least.

2. The main point of the RP, would depend on the plot. If the plot revolves around "there can be only one", then yes, that is the main point of it. But I can easily think of a few ways to avoid that, while still involving sword fights against NPCs(or possible villains played by other players).

3. I am more than willing to provide any help needed. With coming up with a plot and rough background story, character sheets, etc. If help is wanted, I'll provide it. As long as it is understood, that I simply don't have the attention span to be a GM(hell, I barely have the attention span to be a player <.< ADD sucks).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users