#1 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Now as my name indicates I am a fan of x-men. Now I am certain that the x-men are the best hero team and to prove that I have a list of mutants(listed below) and no matter what person you name i promise with a team of six mutants i can kill any tag team you can name. No cosmics though. but other than that you can pick any two people who are superman level and any team of up to 4 street level or a little higher and I am sure my team can beat them. now observe my list carefully because once you submit your team I will post mine and how they will win. Now you team can also have one superman level and only two more street level or higher. You may have flash, Thor, zealot: Superman and Sentry. Flash, midnighter, zealot, spiderman. Those were just examples of what i meant. and again below is just my list to choose from yours is unlimited

Cyclops
Northstar
Aurora
Wolverine
Wither
Kitty Pryde
Colossus/juggs
Mystique
Longshot
Sage
Box
Danger
Psylocke
Magneto
Storm
Hope
Adam X
Sabretooth
Warpath
Domino
Gambit
Deadpool
Fantomex
Nightcrawler
Jubilee(vamp)
Magik
Darwin

newly added:Cannonball, Iceman and Synch.

#2 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Amazo and Pre-Crisis Superman.... This I gotta hear.

#3 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

so, basically what you're saying is that with a team of 6 people, you can defeat any team we come up with, consisting of either 2 or 4 people...

Yeah, that sounds fair.

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I'll take that challenge.

But first, a few quick questions.

1. Just to clarify, exactly how many people am I allowed to pick for my team? Do I create a team of 6 people, with max 2 "superman level" characters. Can I create a team of 6 "superman level" characters, or... what?

2. Are personalities a part of this?

3. What is the objective of the fight. Do they fight to death, or just until one team can't fight anymore?

#5 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

so, basically what you're saying is that with a team of 6 people, you can defeat any team we come up with, consisting of either 2 or 4 people...

Yeah, that sounds fair.

With some of the teams I can come up with, within those limits, it does sound pretty fair.

#6 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, that sounds fair.

yeah when most of the x-men are street level and the higher ups are not on supes level and none are on Thors. So yeah. For example midnighter and zealot could kill almost everyone on the list h2h. I said You can have TWO superman level people.

But the challenge is actually fair if you put thought into your team.

@Square Pickle

Hope, Danger, Juggs, magneto, darwin, wolverine.

Now danger being a robot herself can't be easily beaten because she can upload herself into other machines and take over them and since amazo in one of these androids the combination of that and Box.......the end for him. and I need not even speak on mags.

Now as far as Supes. Juggs is well unstoppable and can take at least some damage from supes same as darwin and wolverine. Supes has the speed for sure no doubt about that but unless he gets to magneto first along with Hope(who would have the powers of supes, amazo AND her team).Supes would be beaten by Mag and/or Hope.

So for a recap Danger could take the damage of supes and amazo. the difference is Danger can hurt amazo a bit more then he can hurt her. And Hope who mimics powers herself will give team pre crisis supes and amazo a hard time to buy enough time for mags and danger to do what they can OR allow juggs to hold supes or amazo long enough for her to deliver the final blow.

and being true to personalities my team wouldn't hesitate to kill.......thats why i picked them. But your tag team only one WOULD kill. supes will hold back therefore cementing my teams victory. i mean he wouldn't hit a 16 year old girl. lol yeah my team wins.

#7 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'll take that challenge.

But first, a few quick questions.

1. Just to clarify, exactly how many people am I allowed to pick for my team? Do I create a team of 6 people, with max 2 "superman level" characters. Can I create a team of 6 "superman level" characters, or... what?

2. Are personalities a part of this?

3. What is the objective of the fight. Do they fight to death, or just until one team can't fight anymore?

the team can be a max 4. within that if you have a team of superman level you can only pick two as your team. you can have 4 street and a bit higher OR one superman and two street or higher.

Objective is victory whether death,surrender, or incapacitation.

as far as personalities they are involved.

#8 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

yeah when most of the x-men are street level and the higher ups are not on supes level and none are on Thors. So yeah. For example midnighter and zealot could kill almost everyone on the list h2h. I said You can have TWO superman level people. But the challenge is actually fair if you put thought into your team. @Square Pickle Hope, Danger, Juggs, magneto, darwin, wolverine. Now danger being a robot herself can't be easily beaten because she can upload herself into other machines and take over them and since amazo in one of these androids the combination of that and Box.......the end for him. Now as far as Supes. Juggs is well unstoppable and can take at least some damage from supes same as darwin and wolverine. Supes has the speed for sure no doubt about that but unless he gets to magneto first along with Hope(who would have the powers of supes, amazo AND her team).Supes would be beaten by Mag and/or Hope. So for a recap Danger could take the damage of supes and amazo. the difference is Danger can hurt amazo a bit more then he can hurt her. And Hope who mimics powers herself will give team pre crisis supes and amazo a hard time to buy enough time for mags and danger to do what they can OR allow juggs to hold supes or amazo long enough for her to deliver the final blow.

This is PRE-CRISIS Superman. I will have to ask a favor from you durning this challenge. PLEASE RESEARCH OUR TEAMS.. In no way shape or form is Magneto beating PC Superman.

#9 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

nvm

#10 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

I added more to my reason for winning. Pre-crisis wouldn't go for a kill he would try to incapacitate him. which again he if DOESN'T kill him mags could very well kill him and has multiple ways of doing it. I mean your talking to a person who has a complete mastery of the electromagnetic spectrum. this guy killed proteus.......I will let that sink in................PROTEUS. you know that mutant who can warp reality. mag feats are through the roof. Not saying supes isn't either but if you have seen the things mags can do then if mags can reverse the magnetic poles of earth, kill people by stopping blood flow in their brains, and pull a bullet the size of a planet from the other side of the galaxy to earth then yeah he can kill supes.

#11 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

nvm

So your out of the challenge?

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

No, I just hadn't seen the two posts following your answer to Kain, and your initial answer to Square Pickle, so I said that you didn't answer my question. Hence the edit: nvm.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post :)

#13 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Me and you can argue our points all day, but I dont see Magneto beating PC Supes. If Superman wanted to incapacitate Magneto, he would. PC Supes is too much for Magneto.... Lets just ask methos. He knows both these teams very well Im sure.

#14 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

well sure no prob. Is the question can mags beat superman or does he have a CHANCE to beat superman. There is a difference.

Flat out fight Supes crushes HARD. Personalities involved then Mag damn sure can hurt if not kill supes.

#15 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

the team can be a max 4. within that if you have a team of superman level you can only pick two as your team. you can have 4 street and a bit higher OR one superman and two street or higher.

Objective is victory whether death,surrender, or incapacitation.

as far as personalities they are involved.

Excellent.

I'll post three teams then :) One with 2 Superman level characters, one with 4 Street Level characters(or slightly above), and one with 1 Superman level and 2 Street Level characters.

As the first member on my Superman level team: Doomsday(current, pre-reset. i.e. the last incarnation before the reset).

As the second member of my Superman level team: Orion.

First thing that happens, is Orion using the Gestalt function of the Motherbox. 'nuff said.

As the Superman Level member of my combo team: Mister Majestic(pre-reality warping).

As the two Street level members of my combo team: Batman-One Million, and Lady Charis.

The 4 members of my Street Level team: Zealot, Lady Charis, Batman-One Million, and Warblade(wildstorm).

As a last team(2 superman level) that just popped into my mind, pick 2 of these three: Mister Majestic(pre-reality warping), Thor, Black Adam.

The only one of those teams you could beat with the characters you have to choose from, is the pure Street Level team.

#16 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

well sure no prob. Is the question can mags beat superman or does he have a CHANCE to beat superman. There is a difference. Flat out fight Supes crushes HARD. Personalities involved then Mag damn sure can hurt if not kill supes.

Might as well throw personalities in. Why not?

#17 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ok now as I said it's surrender, incapacitate, or death. now these choice actually play to my favor.

The team of black adam/thor/mr. majestic will be difficult but still can be beat. Now if I have a choice I will pick Thor and Mr. Majestic. and here's why. Thor will not kill anyone whose that much weaker than him because it makes him unworthy so that "weakness" I would exploit and as far as mr. majestic he will be difficult but still doable.

My team for them would be nightcrawler, Hope, Wither, aurora, northstar, and deadpool.

step 1)Northstar and aurora and literally decoys we use their speed to fling wither at mr. majestic. Him not knowing withers power would grab him to throw him or try to kill him which would be a horrible idea to grab him.
Back up plan)Nightcrawler, hope, aurora and northstar are all over the place using their speed to run interference which gives nightcralwer time to grab wither and place him on mr. majestic. since we dont know if wither could kill Thor or not we don't use him for Thor. Hopes power mimicry would put her in an advantage being able to use the strength of Thor OR mr. majestic along with their speed and withers powers means INSTANT death to whomever.....If not she just beats the hell out of Thor.

Step 2)I'm banking hope or wither can get the job done with mr. majestic(it's hard to fight someone and not touch them) which leaves Thor against a person who has the powers of him AND her team and that spells trouble for the asgardian.

I got the hardest one out of the way

your street level team.
Batman 1 million(good one) lady charis(very excellent), Warblade and Zealot.....OVERKILL MUCH? lol but lets go

Darwin, danger, gambit, adam x, longshot and domino. I'm not going to be an asshole and say juggs, magneto and etc. That wouldnt be fair and where the fun in that.

1)Domino and Longshot already puts the odds in my teams favor but lets move further into the debate. Gambit detonates their weapons(which has been shown he doesn't need to touch them to make them explode), the shards are sure to kill if not wound someone which brings in Adam X and i think you know how that goes. but if they aren't wounded then I send darwin and danger to "harm them" and as we all know all it takes is a scratch. No one will be killing darwin which makes him an EXCELLENT decoy. Domino and Longshot get involved and you can bet your bottom dollar someone is getting hurt in someway. having those two on the team make a bad situation worst. your team is hands down superior in almost every aspect so I have to outsmart them by making it harder for them to win(i.e longshot and domino), taking away weapons, and making them be very very cautious not to get hurt in anyway.

Now last but not least your Mr. Majestic, Batman and Lady charis(you can pick a good team I will give you that)

Wither, Aurora, northstar, hope, danger, mystique.

Mystique is my x-factor in this fight because she can cause confusion within the ranks once the fight begins and Hope can also use this ability as well which helps my team along with withers powers. So one touch kills batman but I will say lady charis dodges it along with mr. majestic(just for arguments sake) she then goes off to deal with mr. majestic leaving lady charis to fight wither, northstar, aurora, danger and mystique. Od not good but lets say she kills mystique and wither, the twins would beat on that ass something serious at light speed. so she's done. which leaves hope vs mr.majestic. He is hands down the better fighter and more experienced BUT he is fighting someone who is as fast and stronger but the difference is she kills with a touch........she wins.

Hopefully I explained in detail how each team wins.

#18 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

but I'm off to bed I have a breakfast date in the am ;) if you know what i mean. Post your list and I will post mine. also please someone speak on the whole if mags has a chance against supes thing.

#19 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

-snip-

"The team of black adam/thor/mr. majestic will be difficult but still can be beat. Now if I have a choice I will pick Thor and Mr. Majestic. and here's why. Thor will not kill anyone whose that much weaker than him because it makes him unworthy so that "weakness" I would exploit and as far as mr. majestic he will be difficult but still doable.

My team for them would be nightcrawler, Hope, Wither, aurora, northstar, and deadpool.

step 1)Northstar and aurora and literally decoys we use their speed to fling wither at mr. majestic. Him not knowing withers power would grab him to throw him or try to kill him which would be a horrible idea to grab him.
Back up plan)Nightcrawler, hope, aurora and northstar are all over the place using their speed to run interference which gives nightcralwer time to grab wither and place him on mr. majestic. since we dont know if wither could kill Thor or not we don't use him for Thor. Hopes power mimicry would put her in an advantage being able to use the strength of Thor OR mr. majestic along with their speed and withers powers means INSTANT death to whomever.....If not she just beats the hell out of Thor.

Step 2)I'm banking hope or wither can get the job done with mr. majestic(it's hard to fight someone and not touch them) which leaves Thor against a person who has the powers of him AND her team and that spells trouble for the asgardian.

I got the hardest one out of the way"

A relatively nice try, but your plan has a few flaws in it.

Step 1. Your entire team is literally moving in slow motion to Mr. Majestic. Wither, when flying towards him, would either get blasted(and killed) with Heat Vision, or simply dodged, and allowed to fly off to get knocked unconscious when he eventually hits the ground. Your flaw: Severely underestimating Mr. Majestic's speed.

Backup plan:
1. Again, your entire team is moving in slow motion to Mr. Majestic. While it is possible that Nightcrawler could teleport Wither onto Mr. Majestic, Wither would only be in physical contact with him for a split second(it takes a few seconds for Wither's power to work), before he is thrown off(and knocked unconscious when landing, or splattered by the force of the throw), and Nightcrawler isn't fast enough to escape being either punched, at which point he goes *splat*, or blasted with heat vision. At which point, Majestic can take out Aurora and Northstar at his leisure.

2. No, Hope wouldn't be able to use the strength of Thor or Mister Majestic, since she can only copy the powers of mutants, which neither of them are. And without that, you don't have anyone on your team capable of hurting either of the two.

Step 2. well... that doesn't really matter at this point.

"your street level team.
Batman 1 million(good one) lady charis(very excellent), Warblade and Zealot.....OVERKILL MUCH? lol but lets go

Darwin, danger, gambit, adam x, longshot and domino. I'm not going to be an asshole and say juggs, magneto and etc. That wouldnt be fair and where the fun in that.

1)Domino and Longshot already puts the odds in my teams favor but lets move further into the debate. Gambit detonates their weapons(which has been shown he doesn't need to touch them to make them explode), the shards are sure to kill if not wound someone which brings in Adam X and i think you know how that goes. but if they aren't wounded then I send darwin and danger to "harm them" and as we all know all it takes is a scratch. No one will be killing darwin which makes him an EXCELLENT decoy. Domino and Longshot get involved and you can bet your bottom dollar someone is getting hurt in someway. having those two on the team make a bad situation worst. your team is hands down superior in almost every aspect so I have to outsmart them by making it harder for them to win(i.e longshot and domino), taking away weapons, and making them be very very cautious not to get hurt in anyway."

Zealot is the only one with weapons that Gambit can actually detonate(Zealot and Charis are the only ones using weapons, and Charis' blades are unbreakable).

The major weak spot in your plan, the majority of the people you have picked(Darwin, Adam X, Longshot, Domino, and to a certain point, Gambit), don't have any protection against Telepathy, especially not the passive kind(i.e. simple mind reading). Adam X, Longshot, and Domino can easily be taken down by Charis' telepathy, especially since she routinely uses it to read the minds of her opponents, and would that way know how dangerous Adam X is. Batman-One Million also has several telepathic attacks in his repertoire.

And finally, Warblade doesn't actually have blood, that Adam X could ignite, so even if Charis and Batman-One Million was unable to take anyone down with telepathy, Warblade could lead the way for any them, to take Adam X out of the picture.

You're right though, that your team does have a pretty good chance of winning this one, just not with the plan you set up.

"Now last but not least your Mr. Majestic, Batman and Lady charis(you can pick a good team I will give you that)

Wither, Aurora, northstar, hope, danger, mystique.

Mystique is my x-factor in this fight because she can cause confusion within the ranks once the fight begins and Hope can also use this ability as well which helps my team along with withers powers. So one touch kills batman but I will say lady charis dodges it along with mr. majestic(just for arguments sake) she then goes off to deal with mr. majestic leaving lady charis to fight wither, northstar, aurora, danger and mystique. Od not good but lets say she kills mystique and wither, the twins would beat on that ass something serious at light speed. so she's done. which leaves hope vs mr.majestic. He is hands down the better fighter and more experienced BUT he is fighting someone who is as fast and stronger but the difference is she kills with a touch........she wins. "

Same major weakness as the first scenario, you have no one on your team who comes even close, to matching Majestic's Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Raw Power.

Also the same weakness as against the Street Level team, aside from Hope, Danger and Mystique, your entire team can be taken down by Telepathic attacks, and Majestic is more than capable of protecting Charis and the Bat, long enough for them to launch their telepathic attacks, before he takes Hope and Danger down(both of the other two are more than capable of taking Mystique out on their own).

And Mystique isn't really a factor, since all 3 of the people on my team, are capable of identifying her(Majestic through her scent or her heartbeat, as well as his intelligence, Batman through telepathy and his intelligence, Charis through telepathy).

All in all, pretty good tries, but there is no one on the list of characters you have to choose from, that are capable of taking down Mister Majestic. I can think of several other characters that none of your characters has a chance against as well, that fit within the rules.

#20 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

I thought you said that this challenge was for us to name a team that can beat the X-Men. Not "Is there a chance the X-Men survive". Thats another challenge completely. I would have used Doomsday, Ghost Rider, Venom, and Deathstroke. If its "who can kill the X-Men". Im still sticking with PC Supes though. He could incapacitate all of them if he needed to. I also think youre selling Amazo a little short.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users