115 replies to this topic

#41 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

I give. I've never been good at guessing games.

#42 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Allow me to make a riddle...
My human partner rhymes with: "Lobi"
My demon baby child partner rhymes with: "Mystical Japanese Demon Baby Name That I Will Use A Name Generator For."

Personality: Rhymes with "layful" and "Run"

#43 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

So, I've been going back and forth with how I want to set up a few things, namely the combat system. Mainly due to the way the spells work, since you have to build up heart energy to use more powerful spells. So, my question is, would you prefer a free form system like usual around here and just trust one and other to be realistic about the use of spells... Or are in favor of an overhauled combat system with rules regarding when you can use what spells?

#44 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

I don't know which one... Being limited might suck if it's not in done great.

My human isn't going to be very creative can you guys guess what it is? And my mamodo partner is going be different from anything I have ever done.

#45 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hmm, any limitations should be to the powers themselves rather than movements per-se so ya got it right there. Only basic beam attacks n junk got spammed from what I remember(granted i didnt see the whole toonami run). Just to the point where we need to be a bit creative ya know? Most fights wouldntve been as fun to watch if Zatch spammed bauzakaga(spelling?).
On that note leave room for some human kickass ;).

#46 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

v_v

#47 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I say combat system after the talk me and Tom had on the phone.

#48 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

might join this

#49 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

While i work on hashing out the character template here's some information on spells and heart energy/Strength from Within. Now, the most comprehensive information about spells is found in these links
http://zatchbell.wikia.com/wiki/Spells
http://zatchbell.wik.../wiki/Spellbook
http://zatchbell.wik...ll_Nomenclature

But there's a lot of reading and I'll go over the basics here. So there's no need to read everything in those links. But if you are unfamiliar or unsatisfied with my explanation,it would be a good idea to do some digging on those pages.

Now then, there are 6 different types of Spells: Attack, Defense, Assist, Immobilization, Transformation, and Illusion. As well as six levels; Basic-Low level, *Teo-Second level, Raja-Third level, *Gigano-Fourth level, Dioga-Fith Level, and Shin-Sixth level.
*The wiki mistakenly lists Gigango as 2nd, and Teo as Fourth. This is directly contrasted in the descriptions of each.

For this RP you will all start off with 1 Spell, and unlock 14, earning a total of 15 by the end. They break down like this

5 Basic
3 Teo
3 Raja
2 Gigano
1 Dioga
1 Shin
Feel free to talk to me about varying the number of any spells BELOW Dioga class. So, for example you wanted to have an additional Teo spell in place of a Basic spell, that can MAYBE be arranged if you can convince me. But this is the standard outline.

On how to use these spells. Each spell comes at the cost of Heart Energy/Strength from Within. The stronger the spell, the more Heart Energy it requires.
Level 1 - 10
Level 2 - 25
Level 3 - 50
Level 4 - 100
Level 5 - 200
Level 6 - 300
NOTE: Your first Spell is free and can be used without expanding Heart Energy

Your Maximum Heart Energy will increase with your level as well.
Level 1 - 50
Level 2 - 100
Level 3 - 150
Level 4 - 200
Level 5 - 250
Level 6 - 300
Level 7 - 400
Level 8 - 500
Level 9 - 600
NOTE: Learning a new Spell is not the same as Level Up.
NOTE NOTE: I have not fully worked out the Level system.

You start every battle with a Heart Energy Value (HEV) of 10. Your HEV increases by 2 every round. If your human is good, your HEV will increase more when your mamodo takes damage. If your human is evil, your HEV will increase when you deal damage to your opponent. These increases are proportional to the level of spell that did the damage.
Level 1 - + 2
Level 2 - + 5
Level 3 - + 10
Level 4 - + 15
Level 5 - + 25
Level 6 - +100

So for example:
Battle Starts

Round 1 - HEV 10 - both players
Player 1 (evil) attacks (first spell), player 2 (good) doges, counter attacks (first spell)

Round 2 - HEV 12 - both players
Player 1 dodges - attacks (10 HEV), Player 2 takes hit - attacks (first spell)

Round 3 - HEV 6 - Player 1, HEV 16
....And so on...

Additional HEV can be spent to increase the power of your spell, up to double it's value. This would make it up to twice as strong. Because your First Spell is free, it can be used if you have less than 10 HEV, but will be weaker the less HEV you have. Also, if you have less than 10 HEV, you cannot spend extra points to increase the attack's strength.

Now that's enough information for now. If you have any questions ask here or in PM.

#50 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Character Sheet

-Human-
Name: What’s your character’s name?
Appearance: Pic is Preferred, but a description can work too.
Age: How many years has it been since they were born? Any age you like.
From: Where do they come from? Be as specific as you like.
Talents: What are they good at?
Weaknesses: What are your character’s failings?
Alignment: Good or Bad guy?
Motivation: What made them decide to help their mamodo partner?
Before the Book: What was life like before they found the book? Any significant events?
Personality: Tell us a little about how your character acts and interacts with others.

-Mamodo-
Name: Once again, what’s their name?
Appearance: Same as above.
Character theme: Optional, largely for fun.
Element: (Almost) Anything you can think of. What do their powers revolve around? Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Metal, Explosions, Music, Trickier, Bird, Claw, Shield, Laser, Strength, Armor, Healing, Slime, Magnetism, Pencils, Glue, Bulding, Candy, ANYTHING (almost).
Alignment: Good or Bad guy? Can be different from your book owner.
Motivation: Why does this Mamodo want to be king?
Bio: A little background information of your Mamodo’s life.
Personality: Once again, a bit more about your Mamodo
Stats:
Health: 100+
Strength: base damage from Physical offensive spells
Energy: base damage from Energy based offensive spells
Defense: base resistance to damage
Speed: Mamodo’s movement speed
Spell Speed: Base speed of Mamodo’s spell
Total: 40

Spells: (to be updated as spells are Unlocked)

Spell > Type > Level > Power > Speed > Additional Effect > Draw Back
-Description of Spell: What it looks like, what it does. Any information about it.
Level 1 Spells have a power range of 0-15, and a speed range of 0-20
Level 2 Spells have a power range or 0-25, and a speed range of 0-30
Level 3 Spells: power 0-30, speed 0-35
Level 4 Spells: power 0-40, speed 0-40
Level 5: power 0-60, speed 0-50
Level 6: power 0-100, speed 0-100

NOTE 1: The more power a mamodo has, the less speed it can have. The better the effect, the bigger the draw back.
NOTE 1 NOTE: A bad draw back can be low speed or power.
NOTE 2: On naming spells, here is the format used in Zatch Bell http://zatchbell.wik...ll_Nomenclature so use this as a guide. If your spell doesn’t fall under the categories listed, be creative. But this is a good bases for names.
As always, any questions, ask me.
NOTE 3: Feel free to post your first spell, as you start out with that one.

For stats, the ratio doesn’t matter as much, as they’re only there to give comparisons for battle (I.E. Knowing how close your mamodo is to being K.Oed, knowing how much damage attacks will do, knowing how well you can dodge). But if you want an idea of how your mamodo physically stacks up to humans; A 6 in strength or speed is equal to an average human, an 8 is peak human, and a total stat dumb, putting 40 is strength, will give your character 20 tons of strength. For speed, your character would be able to move at 260 MPH. Hopefully from there you can find about where you stand on the chart, because I don’t want to think more about it.
NOTE 1: Even max speed does not guarantee never being hit, as that’s just movement speed and doesn’t affect the reaction speed of your mamodo or human.
NOTE 2: If your mamodo is KOed in battle, he is not sent to the mamodo world. This only happens if his book is burned.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ok, time to play guinea pig. Ill do my best here with what I understand () are things i question. Maybe add a personality and appearance entry so things are cleared up. To be heavily edited later

Character Sheet

-Human-
Name: Catalina Cage
Appearance: Posted Image
Talents:
*Martial arts- proficient kickboxer. Also taken up Taijiquan and aikido for defense.
*Clever tactics- Very creative when it comes too application of powers and other combat situations.
Weaknesses:
*Naive- She had a very good life up to this point with few problems, despite living with a single parent. Mamodo battles are going to show her alot more harshness of reality than she's used too.
*Too 'nice' and trusting- Helping out Terra, her mamodo partner was a risky move in of itself though she never knew this. She is willing to spare other mamodo's if she believes they will keep their promise leaving her open to trickery.
Alignment: Good
Motivation: 'a friend in need is a friend indeed', saved a partner-less Terra from some other bad Mamodo's, and the two became quick friends. After seeing how bad the combatants could be she realized none of them could be allowed to win annd took up Terra's book.
Before the Book: A good family life, albeit with just a mom growing up. Made a decent living in the slummy part of town, not many friends though. Took up many extra-cirricular activities in attempt to fill a void.
Personality: Cat is just the sweetest girl you'll ever meet. She is a straight B student and aways tries to be friendly. She is very shy and this has stopped her from getting too close to others, but she always keeps on her best behavior

-Mamodo-
Name: Terra Firma
Appearance: Posted Image

Character theme: Mole, digger/earthmover
Element: Earth
Motivation: Before meeting Cat; Power to rule over all others. After meeting Cat; Power still, but don't plan to abuse it.
Bio: Terra was always stepped on back in the old world wherever she went. She mainly worked many manual labor jobs and scrounged for what little living she had. This made her very bitter and upon arriving in the human world for the challenge, she plotted to gain the power of kingship and use it to fufil her whim. However a chanc eencounter with Cat made her relent. She still wanted power, but she was reminded what it was like to be nice. Plus, Cat was so nausiatingly trusting and 'cute' it'd be almost too easy to manipulate her and Terra apparently didn't have the stomach for that.
Personality: Terra is a very straightforward individual and due to her upbringing she can be quite blunt in how she speaks. Short answer, like her namesake, she is very dense and can be direct to the point of acting like a bit of a jerk. Years of being looked down upon have made her hard and a bit mean, but after meeting Cat she finds even that had not made her a truly evil person.
Stats:
Health: 100+5
Strength: 11
Energy: 3
Defense: 9
Speed: 6
Spell Speed: 6

Spells:

*Garu-Aborodio- Attack>Basic>Power:12>Speed: 20>Additional Effects: Claws are sharp enough and moving fast enough to pierce solid barriers, can be used to deflect physical attacks; 360 around when stationary and front when dashing> Drawbacks: Moving too fast to see while spinning, tunnel vision; no turning capability when using dash. Repeated use within short amount of time causes soveir dizziness and strain causes fatique.
-Description: Body rotates inhumanly quick to the point of seeing only a tornado, claws outstretched become even deadlier. Capable of propelling self into a tackle.

#52 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Didn't realize that I forgot apperance and personality, will add that to the character sheets.

Yes, have as many talents as you want as long as you offset them with weaknesses.

Mamodo aging seems to work the same as humans, with humanoid mamodo. For others, all bets are off. But, it's safe to assume it's similar.

For character theme, just anything you find fitting for your character.

#53 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Okay, added the missing areas.

#54 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Tweaked sheet with stuff, no spells yet though. Whaddya think?

#55 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Looks pretty solid. It kind of reminds me Brago and Sherry, but vaguely. If you need any help with spells, shoot me a message.. Although Earth's a pretty easy one to work with.

A word on the stats for everyone, in case it's not clear, the "100+" for health mean that your health is 100 points plus whatever you add to it. There is no taking away from more stats in other areas. .

#56 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

2_2

#57 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

-Human-
Name: Cody Lively
Appearance:
Posted Image

Character Theme: For Cody with his dark past with his dead girlfriend, and sorta for him towards Lee also
http://youtu.be/omuYo49_SOQ
Talents: Child care, The ability to have almost of everyone trust him.
Weaknesses: Over protective, Fear of snakes, Deathly afraid to lose those he cars about, Emotional, Out bursts of rage from holding anger/hurt within, Psychically strength little to none.
Alignment: Goody too shoes.
Motivation: His motivation comes from his love for Leelee, and his own beliefs of what's right. Also motivation comes from that he believes Leelee was sent to him by his dead girlfriend to love, and protect Leelee.
Before the Book: Cody grew up always getting sick, and being taken out of school because of this. He ended up stop going to pubic school and was home school. It sucked because he didn't grow up with any friends besides his one neighbor, and his older cousin he didn't see much in his younger years. Once he was 16 his family lost there home, he ended up living with his older cousin and his aunt's house. His cousin was like a big bother and sorta like the father he never really knew, this helped Cody grow more as a person. Making him more confident and ready to make friends on his own.

Eventually once his mother fond a house were him, his sister, his mother, and his mom's boyfriend they all moved in together. Then he meet a girl which her became best friends with, sadly she had a very bad life and was abused, he was always there for her trying to make her happy. Over a years time they grew very close, and Cody always told his new best friend about all the girlfriends he had (Most the time the girlfriends lasted no more than a week). After a year he realized he was in love with his best friend and he told her to his surprise she felt the same. They dated for three and a half years he was the most happiest in his life but his girlfriend was being abused still, had depression, and took her own life.

He blamed himself for not making her happier, not protecting her, and not calling the cops on her abusive parents... Even though she bagged him not to he still felt bad he didn't. He went into a deep depression and wanted to pretty much die himself, he felt dead inside... But a miracle happen he fond a silver book and meet a little demon girl named Leelee. Who he loved dearly from when he first saw the little demon girl crying all alone in a alleyway hurt and he took her in to his home.

Personality: Cody's a very caring, Soft nature, silly, nerdy, smart mouth, very protective. Once he believes in someone he will never give up on them.

-Mamodo-
Name: Leelee Lively (Adopted last name)
Appearance:
Posted Image

Character Theme: Works for when they met, for there pasts, and them caring for each other.
http://youtu.be/GOCJWr97NO0
Element: Magic Energy
Book Color: Silver
Posted Image
Motivation: To make her daddy Cody proud of her.
Bio: In the demon world her parents seen her as weak because she has a kind heart, and didn't show any promise in fighting. So she was abandoned and left to fend for herself . A few months after that she ended up in the human world because of the tournament to decide the new demon king. She was so scared she had to keep running from fellow Mamodo. She was was hurt by one eventually and barely got away hiding in a alleyway where Cody fond her. He took her home and fixed up her arm, she told him that she was a demon and other demons would hurt him if he was around her which he didn't believe at first. But eventually he started to believe her and told her that he'd fight with her making sure nothing bad happen to her. The nice human ended up adopting her as his daughter after she told him about her parents abandoning her.
Personality: Leelee is a nice little witch girl, who gets scared easily, she very playful, and thinks most everything is a game even when it's not. She gets jealous if others hug Cody and she will be very mean to people who aren't nice to him.
Stats:
Health: 100+
Strength: 3
Energy: 8
Defense: 11
Speed: 11
Spell Speed: 7

Spells:
First Spell
Gadyuball: Attack, Basic, Power: 5, Speed: 20, Additional Effect: None, Draw Back: None.
Description: Gadyuball is a magical fire ball made of blue flames.

#58 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posting for the profile may take awhile to fill it in.....

#59 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Theme songs for my characters's:
For both Cody and Leelee

#60 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

For Cody with his dark past with his dead girlfriend, and sorta for him towards Lee also

Again for both Leelee and Cody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users