#1 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hi All

There are four different forum "Skins" or "Themes" you may choose from by selecting the Change Theme widget at the bottom of the Forum.

Many of these have glitches. For instance the Electricferret Dark theme is pretty much useless for reading the Forum Blogs people are writing.

Here is a quick rundown on the skins:

The Electricferret theme is the default shown to guests and I am attempting to integrate its look and feel more tightly with that of the FPL and CBUB webapps. It is the one which will get the most development attention from the webmaster.

The Electricferret Dark theme is for people who like a dark website, but it was a free download and it has some issues.

The I.P. Board skin is the one which comes standard for the Forum - it looks business like and it probably has the least amount of bugs.

The Tropical Breeze skin was procured from a professional skin designer and it also should have few bugs.

The I.P Board Mobile is a skin designed for people reading the forums on an iPhone.

I, personally, only browse the site in either the Tropical or Electricferret skins. Therefore I will be unaware of most bugs in a skin like the Dark one, for example.

If you see some bug in a skin please post about it. Thanks!

#2 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hmm... okay. Let me see what I can remember in my half-asleep haze. :P

- Text typed in search boxes in the EF Dark theme can't be seen unless highlighted.

- Most text in user profiles in the main EF theme also can't be seen unless highlighted (aside from clickable links).

#3 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Dark is awesome. Aside from the problem DSkillz mentioned, I haven't found anything wrong with it.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Now that I know the easy way to embed (thanks again, FoxFingers!), I can point this out:

The Tropical Skin has been the most bug-free so far, but there is one issue. Text embeds don't visably differentiate from normal text with the Tropical Skin unless moused over.

Example:

This is normal text.

This is an embed.

View through the Tropical Skin to see what I mean.

#5 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Oh yeah. I know what you're talking about. I've got a ton of links in my "About Me" section, submitted characters and whatnot, and the links aren't underlined, so you can't tell there are links there unless you hover over the word.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Minor correction: With the EF Dark Skin, text typed in search boxes can be seen, but barely. It's just black text against a dark grey background.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Sorry if I'm getting annoying with this, heh, but I discovered another issue with the EF Dark skin. The text for the user blogs doesn't show unless highlighted.

EXTREMELY LATE EDIT: ...but this was already known.

For instance the Electricferret Dark theme is pretty much useless for reading the Forum Blogs people are writing.

:blush:

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Another Dark skin issue:

Text shrunken through font resizing is barely visable in matches, as like in search boxes, the text becomes black against the skin's dark gray background:

http://www.electricf...showtopic=25684

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users