* - - - - 1 votes

Match 11043 Darkseid vs. Super Buu

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Pymp_*

Guest_Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Sirmethos, if speed is a factor, in any fight, how would Buu lose if he has unlimited stamina and can travel faster in both fighting and flying? Outer Space is not a factor and neither is needing to breathe or eat? If this is Buu that "found" Darkseid's planet, he would use the Human Extinction Tech (aimed at all lesser Parademon's) and kill his army. He then would send a planet busting technique to end the planet, then sure Darkseid can survive that, but he would just float there forever... We hear matter manipulation a lot, and assume that Darkseid can re-direct or absorb enery, well thats cool, but it's a cop out from most of you claiming that is all he needs to do to win. If so, Goku can absorb energy and re-direct it, and so can Buu( he pushed pure energy (Spirit Bomb)) back to Goku and it should have hurt him according to Goku's explanation when it was used on Frieza.

Food for thought, Darkseid might be more powerful, but Buu is like silly puddy that can bend, form and reform over and over again. Using his Omega Beams should be nulled as this prob takes place outside of DC universe, but what do I know.

#42 Guest_Sid_*

Guest_Sid_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've been saving this for a long time. But I've finally found it. Anu, you are the most ignorant person I have ever seen on this website. I've combed long and hard over every inch of the forums for some poor soul dumb enough to recieve this title. After a while, I thought my dreams would be realized, and that noone would ever have to take the title. Alas, then I met you. At first, I couldn't bring myself to believe it. I would see your posts and be like, "oh, he's obviously trolling. Noone can be THAT much of a blatant fanboy." But as time went on, I realized that you were the one. So, with the last few moments of my life, I bestow the title upon you. My life's journey is complete. I must die now. I only have a few moments left, so I wanted to say congratul-

#43 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Jealous again nova? Yes you are. You hate it when people don't talk about you right? Sniff the sweet smell of motor oil, your mind will grow sir it will!

Damn right. I'm jealous of your ignorance, with it, life must be so blissful. Ha, I think I have you figured out. The moment you realize you're outclassed intellectually, you just start tuning everyone out to listen to your own voice calling everyone else out. My feelings about you last 5 seconds, ranging from pity, sadness, and eventually gratitude. This is a good bit of advance homework for my psych class. I'll sniff that motor oil, it smells good.

#44 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

-snip-

"Sirmethos, if speed is a factor, in any fight, how would Buu lose if he has unlimited stamina and can travel faster in both fighting and flying?"

Because, 1. Buu isn't going to be continuously flying around at top speed, dodging everything Darkseid throws at him. Going with his actual personality and standard M.O. he is going to absorb Darkseid once he realizes how powerful Darkseid is, at which point, he is no longer capable of dodging Darkseid's attacks. 2. Darkseid has proven capable of hitting opponents that are blitz attacking him(at speeds faster than Buu is capable of). Which means, that either way, he(Buu) will eventually get hit by Darkseid's attacks. Either because he has absorbed Darkseid, or because he attacks him.

"Outer Space is not a factor and neither is needing to breathe or eat?"

True. But then again, no one has ever claimed that outer space was a factor in this fight.

"If this is Buu that "found" Darkseid's planet, he would use the Human Extinction Tech (aimed at all lesser Parademon's) and kill his army."

That's true, but if you actually read the setup, it was Darkseid that sought out Buu, not the other way around. They are not fighting on Apokolips, so that theory is useless.

"He then would send a planet busting technique to end the planet, then sure Darkseid can survive that, but he would just float there forever..."

Except for the fact that Darkseid is a high-end Energy Manipulator, and could easily either 1. redirect Buu's "planet busting attack", either to hit Buu himself, or just away from the planet. or 2. create force field powerful enough to protect the planet from the attack. But again, since they are not fighting on Apokolips, That line of thought is useless.

"We hear matter manipulation a lot, and assume that Darkseid can re-direct or absorb enery, well thats cool, but it's a cop out from most of you claiming that is all he needs to do to win."

Not so much, no. Matter Manipulation is the only thing Darkseid needs to win. Evil Buu killed Good Buu, by turning him into chocolate and eating him. Darkseid could, with his matter manipulation, easily turn Buu into something equally harmless, then simply blast the new harmless Buu out of existence.

"If so, Goku can absorb energy and re-direct it, and so can Buu( he pushed pure energy (Spirit Bomb)) back to Goku and it should have hurt him according to Goku's explanation when it was used on Frieza."

Uh, not so much, no. Goku, and Buu, are not energy absorbers, nor energy manipulators(aside from their own Ki). Pushing the attack back, was simply a matter of over-powering it, and using his own energy to deflect it. Not quite the same thing.

"Food for thought, Darkseid might be more powerful, but Buu is like silly puddy that can bend, form and reform over and over again."

Food for thought, Darkseid can, through Matter Manipulation, turn Buu into whatever he wants, which effectively counters and nullifies Buu's ability to "bend form and reform". Not to mention simply disintegrating him on a sub-atomic level, or completely erasing him from existence.

" Using his Omega Beams should be nulled as this prob takes place outside of DC universe"

Oh really, and why is that? Because Darkseid gets the Omega Blast energy from another dimension?

Then I suppose you're willing to nullify Buu's ability to use Instant Transmission as well, as this doesn't take place in the DBZ universe either. After all, IT works by moving the user into another dimension where he/she can then move to the new location instantly, before moving back to 'normal space' again.

I have absolutely no problem with that. Darkseid don't really need the Omega Blasts in this fight, since he still has Matter Manipulation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Life Creation, Avatar Creation, Empowerment, Molecular Disintegration, etc. etc.

#45 Guest_just visiting_*

Guest_just visiting_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

"Sirmethos, if speed is a factor, in any fight, how would Buu lose if he has unlimited stamina and can travel faster in both fighting and flying?"

Because, 1. Buu isn't going to be continuously flying around at top speed, dodging everything Darkseid throws at him. Going with his actual personality and standard M.O. he is going to absorb Darkseid once he realizes how powerful Darkseid is, at which point, he is no longer capable of dodging Darkseid's attacks. 2. Darkseid has proven capable of hitting opponents that are blitz attacking him(at speeds faster than Buu is capable of). Which means, that either way, he(Buu) will eventually get hit by Darkseid's attacks. Either because he has absorbed Darkseid, or because he attacks him.

True. But then again, no one has ever claimed that outer space was a factor in this fight.

"If this is Buu that "found" Darkseid's planet, he would use the Human Extinction Tech (aimed at all lesser Parademon's) and kill his army."

That's true, but if you actually read the setup, it was Darkseid that sought out Buu, not the other way around. They are not fighting on Apokolips, so that theory is useless.

"He then would send a planet busting technique to end the planet, then sure Darkseid can survive that, but he would just float there forever..."

Except for the fact that Darkseid is a high-end Energy Manipulator, and could easily either 1. redirect Buu's "planet busting attack", either to hit Buu himself, or just away from the planet. or 2. create force field powerful enough to protect the planet from the attack. But again, since they are not fighting on Apokolips, That line of thought is useless.

"We hear matter manipulation a lot, and assume that Darkseid can re-direct or absorb enery, well thats cool, but it's a cop out from most of you claiming that is all he needs to do to win."

Not so much, no. Matter Manipulation is the only thing Darkseid needs to win. Evil Buu killed Good Buu, by turning him into chocolate and eating him. Darkseid could, with his matter manipulation, easily turn Buu into something equally harmless, then simply blast the new harmless Buu out of existence.

"If so, Goku can absorb energy and re-direct it, and so can Buu( he pushed pure energy (Spirit Bomb)) back to Goku and it should have hurt him according to Goku's explanation when it was used on Frieza."

Uh, not so much, no. Goku, and Buu, are not energy absorbers, nor energy manipulators(aside from their own Ki). Pushing the attack back, was simply a matter of over-powering it, and using his own energy to deflect it. Not quite the same thing.

"Food for thought, Darkseid might be more powerful, but Buu is like silly puddy that can bend, form and reform over and over again."

Food for thought, Darkseid can, through Matter Manipulation, turn Buu into whatever he wants, which effectively counters and nullifies Buu's ability to "bend form and reform". Not to mention simply disintegrating him on a sub-atomic level, or completely erasing him from existence.

" Using his Omega Beams should be nulled as this prob takes place outside of DC universe"

Oh really, and why is that? Because Darkseid gets the Omega Blast energy from another dimension?

Then I suppose you're willing to nullify Buu's ability to use Instant Transmission as well, as this doesn't take place in the DBZ universe either. After all, IT works by moving the user into another dimension where he/she can then move to the new location instantly, before moving back to 'normal space' again.

I have absolutely no problem with that. Darkseid don't really need the Omega Blasts in this fight, since he still has Matter Manipulation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Life Creation, Avatar Creation, Empowerment, Molecular Disintegration, etc. etc.

#46 Guest_just visiting_*

Guest_just visiting_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Just a random thought.... Why the hell doesn't Darkseid kill Superman with all of this power he has!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - just had to vent some of my Superman hatred; I'm better now ;)

#47 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

You see the little link in my signature, where it says "clicky", I've explained the reason for that, in the thread that that link leads to.

#48 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Even so Buu does move around at top speeds when fighting, if to see or read about it, most of the time they move faster than people can see. I get your point, but again show me where Darkseid has made a planet wide shield!! But since I figured it was on Apokolips I am wrong here, but Buu blows himself up a lot so it's not out of the question for him to blow himself up anywhere.

Also capabilities and actually used techniques on the norm are different. Such as Darkseid losing to Batman Gould not be considered and so neither should creating life, I mean any life Darkseid makes is pointless anyway( meaning he would create life that is no more than cannon fodder)
I get your point and simply addressing others.
Super Buu would pose more of a threat since he can heal better than Logan or Hulk, and been blasted by heavy hitters like Thor and etc..

#49 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Uh, no. Not "any life that Darkseid could create" is cannon fodder.

One of the examples of a lifeform he has created, was Brimstone, that even JLA had trouble defeating. When you combine that, with his(Darkseid's) ability to empower others(i.e. give them new powers, or enhance the ones they already have), and Darkseid could definitely create a lifeform that would be a factor.

As for "creating a planet wide shield", why, exactly, would that be necessary? As far as I know, Buu's planet destroyer technique, is far from as big as a planet. A small localized force field would be more than enough to either block, or better yet, deflect the attack(since deflecting it would require less raw energy in the shield). Opening a Boom Tube for the attack to go through, would also work just fine.

As for Darkseid hitting someone blitz attacking him. I'll dig up a scan or two later(my ADD is acting up atm, so I don't have the attention span necessary to dig through my comics right now). Just remind me if I forget about it(I know roughly where it is, so once I have the necessary attention span, it's not particularly difficult to find).

#50 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

No worries Sirmethos, I understand there are times when he does punch speedsters, not saying that, but I do think as some have stated that it was pis or comic mechanics, but being so, it is always assumed that he has that speed. The times Darkseid has hit Superman is mostly hen Superman is being dumb and just doing attacks, instead of him using his speed. Simply saying that the times he has hit people, the comic writer made them slower not him faster.

Darkseid absorbing energy is fine, but he has to do something like a least a gesture of the hand, but I know that Superman and others have hit him with energy and it not been absorbed. Point being that if Buu hits him, it might hurt or definitely have knock back properties at least. Mixed with his Dhalsim like style of fighting and his rubbery body, he would be like Plastic Man but better as Buu can mimic attacks, increase his chi, by blowing steam out to increase his power and has unlimited stamina.

He can def put up a fight is all I am saying. By the way how do you feel about Walking Dead, the comic and the show?

#51 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

1. No, in the specific cases I have in mind, you specifically see Superman going at extreme speeds(one of the primary examples, has Superman flying directly towards Darkseid at extreme speed, only to be blasted just before he actually manages to hit Darkseid).

2. Darkseid doesn't absorb energy. He is not an energy absorber, he is an energy Manipulator. And no, he doesn't require "a gesture of the hand" or anything like that, all of Darkseid's powers, work through pure will.

3. It's true that Darkseid would most likely be knocked backwards when being hit, but since it doesn't actually do any damage, that doesn't particularly have any effect.

and finally. 4. That depends on what you mean by "put up a fight". I'll repeat again, Buu is incapable of incapacitating or killing Darkseid. With that in mind, it's relatively limited how much of a fight he can put up.

As for the show(and comic), I think they're both fairly boring and predictable. The story is sub-par, the characters flat.

#52 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

buu is kirby on steroids darkseid is a dollar store galactus

#53 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

2 highly amusing things to point out.

1. Anu has come up with a way to, once again, ignore every single point made, but by outright stating that he's going to do it, is attempting to make it seem like he's in the right. Hilarious.

2. He also seems to take his own flaws, and put them on others. Again, hilarious.

A few examples:

"I am not wrong, you just think i am because of your opinion thats all. I am not wrong."

"You think that any character can win that you like simple as that. A supporter of DC and no other."

This coming from a person that does nothing but post biased opinion, with absolutely no logical arguments, or proof of any kind, to support his claims.

"Since Methos does not deal with logic I wont respond to his posts,"

"Yet your logic most always is flawed and its not worth getting into you with it because you again refuse to change."

This from a person that has(so far) has absolutely no logic in his posts, whatsoever. And completely ignores any and all points, regardless of facts, logic or proof, that are opposite to his own biased opinion.

"its like its a personal attack on me all the time. Not that I care that much its just pointless. Dont make all comments seem like you have a vendetta on attacking me for what I am saying."

From someone that has had absolutely no personal attacks from me(even this post is not an attack, it is simply pointing out his own actions, and providing proof of them), but has done exactly what he says(i.e. personal attacks), on more than one occasion.

All in all, as I said, hilarious.

Keep posting, I can use the laughs. ^^

#54 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Lol at the Kirby on steroids

#55 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Damn right. I'm jealous of your ignorance, with it, life must be so blissful. Ha, I think I have you figured out. The moment you realize you're outclassed intellectually, you just start tuning everyone out to listen to your own voice calling everyone else out. My feelings about you last 5 seconds, ranging from pity, sadness, and eventually gratitude. This is a good bit of advance homework for my psych class. I'll sniff that motor oil, it smells good.

If you just breathe and look at the sky then you will see that I don't care what you say.Same for Methos, he thinks he is never wrong yet hey, he is and he's not god. He just is an insufferable know it all that thinks that he knows all and is all. Well good for him. I respect that. Yet nobody said I had to agree. So hey, have fun guys. Nova you wont change me nor will Methos, spend time on intelligent conversations with people that agree with you, neither you or methos live in a world that tolerates the right of people to have free speech, free thought and all the jello pudding they want.

Yet you hate jello pudding, you hate fried ice cream.

You hate planet earth don't you?

Breathe gents, I really don't care what you say...no offense I just don't. I am here to have fun not try to be perfect.

#56 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

2 highly amusing things to point out.

1. Anu has come up with a way to, once again, ignore every single point made, but by outright stating that he's going to do it, is attempting to make it seem like he's in the right. Hilarious.

2. He also seems to take his own flaws, and put them on others. Again, hilarious.

A few examples:

"I am not wrong, you just think i am because of your opinion thats all. I am not wrong."

"You think that any character can win that you like simple as that. A supporter of DC and no other."

This coming from a person that does nothing but post biased opinion, with absolutely no logical arguments, or proof of any kind, to support his claims.

"Since Methos does not deal with logic I wont respond to his posts,"

"Yet your logic most always is flawed and its not worth getting into you with it because you again refuse to change."

This from a person that has(so far) has absolutely no logic in his posts, whatsoever. And completely ignores any and all points, regardless of facts, logic or proof, that are opposite to his own biased opinion.

"its like its a personal attack on me all the time. Not that I care that much its just pointless. Dont make all comments seem like you have a vendetta on attacking me for what I am saying."

From someone that has had absolutely no personal attacks from me(even this post is not an attack, it is simply pointing out his own actions, and providing proof of them), but has done exactly what he says(i.e. personal attacks), on more than one occasion.

All in all, as I said, hilarious.

Keep posting, I can use the laughs. ^^

No you probably can use the medication...i hope you have plenty sir. HA!!!! Do you ever go outside? No you couldn't. You don't talk to trees do you?

#57 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

"neither you or methos live in a world that tolerates the right of people to have free speech, free thought and all the jello pudding they want."

And yet, I have on numerous occasions(even more than once in this thread), invited people to prove me wrong.

If I really am wrong, as you keep claiming, then it should be easy to prove.

I have put a ton of facts on the table to back up every single one of my claims, you haven't presented even a single one.

Again, if I'm wrong, then you're very welcome to prove it.(though, again, I doubt that will happen. Fanboys tend to just spout their opinions and never present any proof).

#58 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Anu makes me glad that I'm a failtroll. If I was as good a troll as him, I'd really hate myself.

#59 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Methos is so logical he can't laugh. I feel bad for the guy, he couldn't work or have a job could he? He must own all the comics, be indpendently rich and has computer chips for blood

#60 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you just breathe and look at the sky then you will see that I don't care what you say.Same for Methos, he thinks he is never wrong yet hey, he is and he's not god. He just is an insufferable know it all that thinks that he knows all and is all. Well good for him. I respect that. Yet nobody said I had to agree. So hey, have fun guys. Nova you wont change me nor will Methos, spend time on intelligent conversations with people that agree with you, neither you or methos live in a world that tolerates the right of people to have free speech, free thought and all the jello pudding they want.

Yet you hate jello pudding, you hate fried ice cream.

You hate planet earth don't you?

Breathe gents, I really don't care what you say...no offense I just don't. I am here to have fun not try to be perfect.

Hmm...all the things you called methos apply to you as well. You're an insufferable know it all, heck you're more of one than methos.

Good, I hope you don't change. This is so much fun reading and laughing. Plus, I learn a fair bit as homework in psych class.

Wrong again. I live in a world with so much free speech, that people like myself have the freedom to call other things people have said idiotic.

I don't eat jello pudding and don't care for it either way.

Fried ice cream is ok.

I don't hate planet Earth.

Well I care, really. This is perfect stuff to understand some of the more eccentric people like yourself. Keep it up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users