* * * - - 2 votes

Taking a drink? Well...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I sat there and wondered something totally out of the blue..

The Gem of Power..at one time worn by the guy called 'The Champion"

If he was wearing the Gem of Power..would his ability to consume matter change?

Thus...

If he was sitting across the table from the Hulk and was doing shots of everclear, who would get drunk first and due to the physiology of the characters...how much eveclear do you think it would take?

Then again these guys could probably drink gasoline and have no problems...

#2 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hmmm good question. I don't think strength = alcohol resistance. Hulk wouldn't get angrier each shot, therefore his alcohol tolerance is definitely finite.

Whoever is heavier and more massive should win.

#3 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

You're forgetting that Hulk has a regenerative Healing Factor, just like Wolverine, Sabretooth, etc.

With that in mind, Hulk is incapable of getting drunk.

#4 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Neither can get drunk, but I might if I read one more thread like this.

#5 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

It's a good question and something that you don't see but it would take a good understanding of the gem of power in the first place and would the Gem of Power keep Champion from getting wasted?

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

No, it wouldn't.

While the Power Gem is capable of giving [b]any[/u] physical power to its wielder, Champion only ever used it to enhance his own strength(and unless my memory is off, even that was only done sub-consciously).

However, someone wielding the Power Gem, that actually knows its potential, and knows how to use it, would be able to avoid getting drunk that way.

#7 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

It's a good question

No, it really isn't.

#8 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Who would get drunk faster - me or Nova?

#9 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Who would get drunk faster - me or Nova?

Soberguy is sober, so...Nova? :unsure:

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Only one way to find out.

#11 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Only one way to find out.

Party at Soberguy's house? :D

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

We'd be kicked out so fast our heads would spin.

#13 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I keep a taser by the apartment door just in case any of you manage to track me down.

Also, despite my experience and Irish heritage, Nova could probably drink me under the table at this point. I just don't drink often enough to build up a tolerance. I'll go 6 months without touching a drop and then get loaded after 4 Jack and cokes. Binge drinking is a young man's game.

#14 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

So who would really win?

#15 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I keep a taser by the apartment door just in case any of you manage to track me down.

Also, despite my experience and Irish heritage, Nova could probably drink me under the table at this point. I just don't drink often enough to build up a tolerance. I'll go 6 months without touching a drop and then get loaded after 4 Jack and cokes. Binge drinking is a young man's game.

Hey man, it's alright. I got drunk for the first time ever a week ago. Drunk on what, you ask? 4 jello shots, 5 Smirnoff Ices, 2 sips of some mixed drink, and a sip of Hennessy. Talk about a lightweight.

#16 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

You know...I don't think a healing factor would have anything to do with the amount one of these guys could drink. First of all how is getting drunk actually injury? I don't see the connection here to saying that the Hulk could not get drunk because of a healing factor. There is no stress on the body and it would be like a depressant on his system. Plus the Hulk was put under surgery before and they used a laser to cut his skin once. Now of course things may have changed substantially yet if GAS can knock the Hulk out as they used so many times in the past to subue him, how could alcohol not get him drunk?

Plus with the GEM of POWER do we truly have just an increase in the POWER of the being and does that equal healing as well? If healing was not one of your powers then you would still get injured though you could have all this strength.

#17 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

You know...I don't think a healing factor would have anything to do with the amount one of these guys could drink. First of all how is getting drunk actually injury? I don't see the connection here to saying that the Hulk could not get drunk because of a healing factor. There is no stress on the body and it would be like a depressant on his system. Plus the Hulk was put under surgery before and they used a laser to cut his skin once. Now of course things may have changed substantially yet if GAS can knock the Hulk out as they used so many times in the past to subue him, how could alcohol not get him drunk?

Plus with the GEM of POWER do we truly have just an increase in the POWER of the being and does that equal healing as well? If healing was not one of your powers then you would still get injured though you could have all this strength.

1. Yes, getting drunk is an injury on the body. Alcohol is poisonous, and getting drunk is simply a light poisoning(this is why Captain America has been physically incapable of getting drunk since he received the Super Soldier Serum), that's why when you eventually die, doctors can go in and look at your liver, and tell exactly how much alcohol you have had during your life. Hence, a sufficient Healing Factor will effectively prevent you from getting drunk. Hulk, who has one of the most powerful/effective Healing Factors in the Marvel Universe, definitely falls under that category.

2. The Power Gem does not "increase the power of the being." The Power Gem allows the wielder to access any physical ability, and can be used as an Unlimited Energy supply, for any machine. The reason that The Champion just got a strength increase, was because he never consciously used the Gem, he only used it sub-consciously. As I commented on in an earlier post, someone with knowledge of the Gem's abilities, and the skill to use it, could use the Gem to give himself/herself a Healing Factor as well, which would then effectively make that person incapable of getting drunk, for as long as he/she has the Healing Factor.

#18 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I find it hilarious and refreshing that these topics come up on THIS site. I agree with methos that neither of these characters could get drunk but im sure if they could Champion would crack first cuz Hulk would be too damn stupid to recognize the effects

#19 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Drunken Superheroes. Ha ha ha ha ha!

-Rakai'Thwei

#20 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Next, the consumption of Hash Brownies, muahahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users