• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#141 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm more than halfway! ... To 1,000. It sucks cause I've been here as long as everyone else, but a crap load of computer troubles has been stopping me for the past two years.

#142 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Can I please have 'We stand together. We fight together' as my new title. I sed da magick werd.

#143 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

You know, if you want to change it all the time to match your avatars, you can earn that function by posting more?

#144 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't have time to post 10000 posts or whatever.

#145 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Then make time. Or ask DSkillz for that function.

#146 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Out of curiosity, how many posts do you need , to be able to do that Nova?

#147 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

#148 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hey, can someone take down Treach's modification of my title? I realize how mature it is to attack a poster using admin powers where he can't fight back, but I would like to have my old title back.

#149 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anybody remember when custom posting titles were rare, except among admins? 

Can I please have 'We stand together. We fight together' as my new title. I sed da magick werd.

Eh, I don't know. There are times when things should be earned to an extent. Besides, who's to say you won't ask for another title change in a few months? I'll consider it. 

And if you want to try for 10,000 posts, here are some things you can do. It will still take time, though.

-Make more matches and rumbles. Those count as posts. 

-Respond to every comment you get on your matches/rumbles/topics, whether it's to debate or even just to say "thanks for your comment". Those acts of common courtesy may even lead to more attention to your topics, and therefore, more posts.

-Debate more in matchups that include characters you are familiar with.

- Start or participate in new and interesting RP's. This is one of the main things that's added to the post counts of many of EF's top posters up to just a year or so ago. Just try to learn how RP's work, though. 

Hey, can someone take down Treach's modification of my title? I realize how mature it is to attack a poster using admin powers where he can't fight back, but I would like to have my old title back.

Nah, treach is the one who changed it, so I'll leave it up to him to change it back.

#150 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, thanks. It's nice to know I can get a little bit o' justice around here.

#151 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Well, there's only one more thing I can tell you. Think about what may have lead to you getting that posting title in the first place. If you begin to show that you understand that, then maybe we can discuss having it changed.

#152 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I don't really mind. 'A True Acrofatic' suits me fine. ;)

By the way, 'We stand together, we fight together is a line said by Joc Sah and Gaan, the two guys on my avatar image.

#153 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well, there's only one more thing I can tell you. Think about what may have lead to you getting that posting title in the first place. If you begin to show that you understand that, then maybe we can discuss having it changed.

What? That if you express your opinion, make sure it doesn't contradict an admin's who can change your poster title like an immature little child? How about you show some understanding? Yeah, I'll wait for 10,000 before I buy that utter bullshit.

#154 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

What? That if you express your opinion, make sure it doesn't contradict an admin's who can change your poster title like an immature little child? How about you show some understanding? Yeah, I'll wait for 10,000 before I buy that utter bullshit.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain treach was having a little fun there. I'm also sure, though, that an admin wouldn't do so without a valid reason. I was trying to get you to see your part in this, but if you want to wait for 10,000, that's on you. 

#155 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

It is not what you are saying that got you the title, it is how you conduct yourself and how you word things that gives you that title.  Is it really worth whining over it?

Any admin(s) feel like making my title something silly, then go for it.  I mean, why care what people think of you that don't know you?

#156 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I was mainly pissed at the fact that DSkillz talked to me like I was a freaking child despite the obvious immaturity on the other end. After that- hell no I'm not going to change my behavior in any way shape or form. DSkillz, if you feel that I've "improved" in any way, please notify me so I can switch back.

#157 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Could I have my poster title changed to 'The Humanoid Typhoon' ... please :)

#158 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

I was mainly pissed at the fact that DSkillz talked to me like I was a freaking child despite the obvious immaturity on the other end. After that- hell no I'm not going to change my behavior in any way shape or form. DSkillz, if you feel that I've "improved" in any way, please notify me so I can switch back.

First of all, it's called "trying to be diplomatic". Without actually checking into the matter myself, that's all I'm going to do.

Second of all, I seriously doubt that an admin would change a posting title just for "shits and giggles", with no good reason behind it. You very likely exhibited some type of behavior that at least partially influenced that change. Granted, I probably could've posted a better answer than "Nah, treach is the one that changed it, so I'll leave it up to him to change it back", but if this is the way you respond to that, and if that's the way you respond to my suggestion that you think about how you may have at least partially influenced that title, I just may be starting to see where treach was coming from. 

Could I have my poster title changed to 'The Humanoid Typhoon' ... please :)

Hey, didn't you request a title change just over a year ago? Eh, I'll think about it.

#159 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Please DSkillz-San?

#160 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Please DSkillz-San?

Alright, I thought it, and I decided to grant you the change. Next change you get, though, will likely have to wait for that 10,001st post. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users