7 replies to this topic

#1 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Galactus could wait no longer; the time for him to feed was now. He had found a suitable world and began the preparation for his meal. Galactus noticed how similar the planet seemed to Earth, the one world he could never consume. A blue-green world covered with life. But what were billions of lives compared to Galactus? Soon he would feed, his hunger would be satisfied, and this world, like so many before it, would be no more.
Azeroth and its inhabitants had other ideas.
The people of Azeroth had awoken from the nightmare of Deathwing to find an eerie calm had visited their world. War, demons, the undead, mad cultist, what was going to be the next catastrophe they wondered half-jokingly. They wondered how long this calm between storms would last. Sadly, the answer was not very long at all.
Galactus had landed on Orgrimmar destroying the city, prompting a call to arms to drive off the massive invader. The response by Azeroth's defenders was swift but doomed to failure. Many of Azeroth's leaders, hero and legends rush to Durotar but were hastily wiped by Galactus's might. Bronzebeard, Garrosh, Wrynn, Bloodhoof, Thassarian and so many others were reduced to dust by Eater of Worlds. The one bright spot of the suicide strike was Jaina Proudmoore and Alexstrasza destruction of Galactus’s siphoning apparatus, stopping Galactus's feeding, buying Azeroth more time. Enough time for a new wave of defenders to amass and make ready a new assault. A new larger army of 399 various heroes...
...And one orc shaman.
Go'el had many friends and allies to lay to rest, that was if tomorrow would come for him and the rest of Azeroth. The giant alien's first attempt to consume his home failed, but still it stayed, and Azeroth was still in great danger. Leading this rag tag group of champions would now be his burden. A human paladin named Golden Winter approached Go'el. "We are ready to follow you my friend, into the mouth of Twisted Nether itself if need be."
But Go'el could feel the trepidation from the gathered heroes. What chance did they have before this alien? “We’ve faced down menaces that threatened our world before, and we’ve always overcome,” Go’el said with noble stoic determination.
The former Thrall and Golden Winter stood on a hill top next to one another, looking at the giant alien off in the distance. “Do you believe that we can overcome that, Go’el? See what death and destruction he’s caused with just a wave of his hand. I would gladly lay down my life for Azeroth, but I fear it will not be enough to save her.” The paladin walked back with a heavy heart to the troops to prepare for the fateful battle.
A gentle breezed was on the air. A butterfly floated by and landed on his hand. The setting sun painted the sky a glorious color. The calm before the storm. Was this the end? No! They would not simply lay down for the end of the world, no matter what they were up against! There was so much worth fighting for! Go’el turned, took a deep breath and roared powerful words of inspiration to the group.
"My brothers! My sisters! If you have sworn an oath to the Alliance or the Horde, today it does not matter! Today we fight as one tribe, united, with one hope, to see our lands safe again! This beast would see all that we've sacrificed for reduced to dust! But I say NO! We will not let another fiend take another piece of our hope and dreams! Today we stand so that tomorrow the sun will rise! And with it one more chance for peace to a world too long denied! Together!" A mighty cheer erupted from the champions in unison. With Go’el’s words the apprehension was gone. It was replaced with zeal to drive this monster away from their home. These champions would give their all in order to give Azeroth one more day.
Galactus towered over Durotar in preparation, silent as a grave and one thousand times more ominous. The native gnats of this world had somehow managed to destroy his machine. Once again this world seemed so much like Earth. Now he would have to consume it the hard way, reducing it to raw energy then absorbing it. The process was long and less efficient, but he had to feed. As he stood ready to begin his consumption, the heroes of Azeroth began their assault. They were unsure of their survival, but were sure of the righteousness of their cause. War cries were let loose, auras glowed with holy power, blessings were offered, and totems were summoned. All made ready for a battle that would shape the fate of Azeroth.

=================================================

Azeroth's heroes are a mix of all classes and races, all level 85 with epic level gear. They have an idea of what to expect from Galactus because of the failed 1st attack.
Galactus has not eaten in a while. He is at 75% power. He will not give up his meal easily.
Galactus wins if he consumes the planet.
The Alliance and Horde win if they can defeat him, drive him off or somehow prevent the consumption of the world.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Learn More About
Horde of Azeroth, The
Official Site: Blizzard Entertainment Links: wowwiki wikipedia Old Horde

Alliance of Azeroth, The
Official Site: Blizzard Entertainment Links: WoWWiki Wikipedia Past Alliance

Galactus
Read more about Galactus at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry - Galactus Marvel Database Entry Marvel Universe Entry

#3 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Still not sure why the lettering is goofed up when i post, here what it should have looked like.

Galactus could wait no longer; the time for him to feed was now. He had found a suitable world and began the preparation for his meal. Galactus noticed how similar the planet seemed to Earth, the one world he could never consume. A blue-green world covered with life. But what were billions of lives compared to Galactus? Soon he would feed, his hunger would be satisfied, and this world, like so many before it, would be no more.
Azeroth and its inhabitants had other ideas.
The people of Azeroth had awoken from the nightmare of Deathwing to find an eerie calm had visited their world. War, demons, the undead, mad cultist, what was going to be the next catastrophe they wondered half-jokingly. They wondered how long this calm between storms would last. Sadly, the answer was not very long at all.
Galactus had landed on Orgrimmar destroying the city, prompting a call to arms to drive off the massive invader. The response by Azeroth's defenders was swift but doomed to failure. Many of Azeroth's leaders, hero and legends rush to Durotar but were hastily wiped by Galactus's might. Bronzebeard, Garrosh, Wrynn, Bloodhoof, Thassarian and so many others were reduced to dust by Eater of Worlds. The one bright spot of the suicide strike was Jaina Proudmoore and Alexstrasza destruction of Galactus’s siphoning apparatus, stopping Galactus's feeding, buying Azeroth more time. Enough time for a new wave of defenders to amass and make ready a new assault. A new larger army of 399 various heroes...
...And one orc shaman.
Go'el had many friends and allies to lay to rest, that was if tomorrow would come for him and the rest of Azeroth. The giant alien's first attempt to consume his home failed, but still it stayed, and Azeroth was still in great danger. Leading this rag tag group of champions would now be his burden. A human paladin named Golden Winter approached Go'el. "We are ready to follow you my friend, into the mouth of Twisted Nether itself if need be."
But Go'el could feel the trepidation from the gathered heroes. What chance did they have before this alien? “We’ve faced down menaces that threatened our world before, and we’ve always overcome,” Go’el said with noble stoic determination.
The former Thrall and Golden Winter stood on a hill top next to one another, looking at the giant alien off in the distance. “Do you believe that we can overcome that, Go’el? See what death and destruction he’s caused with just a wave of his hand. I would gladly lay down my life for Azeroth, but I fear it will not be enough to save her.” The paladin walked back with a heavy heart to the troops to prepare for the fateful battle.
A gentle breezed was on the air. A butterfly floated by and landed on his hand. The setting sun painted the sky a glorious color. The calm before the storm. Was this the end? No! They would not simply lay down for the end of the world, no matter what they were up against! There was so much worth fighting for! Go’el turned, took a deep breath and roared powerful words of inspiration to the group.
"My brothers! My sisters! If you have sworn an oath to the Alliance or the Horde, today it does not matter! Today we fight as one tribe, united, with one hope, to see our lands safe again! This beast would see all that we've sacrificed for reduced to dust! But I say NO! We will not let another fiend take another piece of our hope and dreams! Today we stand so that tomorrow the sun will rise! And with it one more chance for peace to a world too long denied! Together!" A mighty cheer erupted from the champions in unison. With Go’el’s words the apprehension was gone. It was replaced with zeal to drive this monster away from their home. These champions would give their all in order to give Azeroth one more day.
Galactus towered over Durotar in preparation, silent as a grave and one thousand times more ominous. The native gnats of this world had somehow managed to destroy his machine. Once again this world seemed so much like Earth. Now he would have to consume it the hard way, reducing it to raw energy then absorbing it. The process was long and less efficient, but he had to feed. As he stood ready to begin his consumption, the heroes of Azeroth began their assault. They were unsure of their survival, but were sure of the righteousness of their cause. War cries were let loose, auras glowed with holy power, blessings were offered, and totems were summoned. All made ready for a battle that would shape the fate of Azeroth
=================================================
Azeroth's heroes are a mix of all classes and races, all level 85 with epic level gear. They have an idea of what to expect from Galactus because of the failed 1st attack.
Galactus has not eaten in a while. He is at 75% power. He will not give up his meal easily.
Galactus wins if he consumes the planet.
The Alliance and Horde win if they can defeat him, drive him off or somehow prevent the consumption of the world.

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

With Galactus at 75% power, Azeroth has no chance of taking him down or thwarting his plans to consume the planet.

#5 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

If Galactus was starving I could potentially argue that he could be driven off at 75% power Azeroth is done for.

#6 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Epic set-up! All it will take is about 10-20 paladins spamming divine shield as they switch off tanking his blasts. This is like a dozen 25 man raids in one, chain heals will keep everyone up, the overlap of abilities will make the defenders invincible.

#7 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I'm going with Azeroth here. Humans putting up a fight have a surprisingly high success rate at beating Galactus.

#8 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

I'm going with Azeroth here. Humans putting up a fight have a surprisingly high success rate at beating Galactus.

A starving Galactus, yes.

There has never been a case of humans fighting Galactus while he was at a higher power level, even during Annihilation, when he was far below 75%, he was powerful enough to destroy 3 star systems with a single blast of energy.

At 75% power, Galactus could easily destroy the entire world of Azeroth with a single thought. The puny natives don't stand a chance against him at that power level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users