20 replies to this topic

#1 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

It has been nearly a year since the latest Woodsboro massacre but that did not stop Gale from writing a new novel. Much to Dewey and Sydney's disgust, Gale wrote about all the events that had occurred on the 15th Anniversary as well as the killers themselves. Both Sydney and Dewey found away to get over their mixed feelings about the books because they knew this is who Gale was. She had a love for writing, just like Dewey had a love for law enforcement. Since the time of the books release; Gale, Sydney, and Dewey received much publicity. Several questions were asked as the public spotlight came into their direction. Dewey hated all the lights and popularity and Sydney felt the same way, but Gale had a passion for it.

Let's move on from Woodsboro and all the infamous publicity that surrounds that town. In this story, it isn't about good versus evil, but merely a story of survival. A story that begins and ends with what Gale Weathers Riley loves deeply, investigative journalism. To tie in with the beginning, it begins with a simple question that someone asked Gale. A question that may give her a new outlook; not only being one of the Stab survivors but also the investigative journalist who survived a journey across Lake Placid.

After sitting at home for several hours; watching her interviews on the television and trying to write a new book, Gale's cell phone starts to ring. At first she thought it was Dewey but she looked down at the number and did not recognize it. At first she was a little hesitant about answering it because for the past several weeks she received prank calls that resembled the voice of Ghostface but decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello." she said as she leaned down on her kitchen counter.

"What's your favorite scary movie?" a voice that resembled Ghostface asked.

"You little *vulgarity*er!" Gale said with much frustration as she slammed her phone against the counter.

She stood back and walked over to her computer. She began typing once again but deleted everything that she typed moments after the typed it. "Son of a bitch!" she said to herself. She leaned her head against the palm of her hands trying to think of a perfect story. She took a couple deep breaths and even took a sip of some freshly made coffee but nothing seemed to work. Before she could start typing again, her phone went off once more.

"It better not be another one of you little *vulgarity*ers!" she said as she got up to get the phone.

"Listen you sons of bitches. If you call again, so help me! I will bring a *vulgarity*ing wrath down upon you!"

Gale yelled over the phone as she answered it.

"Well hello Mrs. Riley." a calm mature voice said over the phone.

For a moment Gale stood in silence, trying to recover from her latest actions. Finally, she gained the strength to reply.

"I am so sorry about that. I have received several prank calls lately and I just didn't know that this was someone normal." Gale said with a smile as she rubbed her eyes.

"No need to apologize. I understand what you have been through and what kind of generation that we live in." the voice replied.

"I'm sorry but who is this?" Gale asked as she sat down in a chair.

"My apologies, my name is Simon Hansford. I am the CEO of World Post." Mr. Hansford replied.

"That's one of the largest news paper and television organizations in the world. What do you want with me?" Gale asked as she reached for her coffee.

"Your popularity Mrs. Riley." Mr. Hansford replied.

"Go on." Gale said as she took a sip.

"You have become for popular over the last year. With those events in Woodsboro, the Stab franchise, and the whole investigative reporting, you have become a kind of spotlight for investigative journalism and reporting. I just want to ask if you would like as job as an investigative report slash journalist."

"I'm honored but shouldn't we meet in person?" Gale asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"Well that would be kind of hard. I'm currently in Tokyo." Mr. Hansford said with a small smile.

"Isn't it 3 in the morning over there?" Gale asked with that same puzzled look on her face.

"Important business such as this shouldn't wait."

"What do you want me to do?" Gale asked as she stood up from her chair.

"Pack....... You have a flight to Maine tomorrow evening. You will be flying first class of course and I will have someone pick you up from the airport." Mr. Hansford replied.

"And where am I going?" Gale asked.

"You are going to Aroostook County, Maine. You will be going to Michael Kane Lake, there you will investigate the local sightings of the once thought extinct fresh water crocodiles." Mr. Hansford replied.

"That seems a little... I don't know... Simple I guess." Gale replied.

"I want to start you off small. I want physical proof on if these creatures are still alive. You will have a big game hunter and a local sheriff joining you on this job. Also a camera man and crocodile expert. Don't worry Mrs. Riley, this will be a fun trip. When you return and if it is good, I will give you more unique jobs."

"Unique?" Gale asked with a smirk.

"Jobs that will require your talents and that will give people what they want." Mr. Hansford replied.
The two continued to talk about the job and Gale accepted. She started to pack and told Dewey, much to his dismay. Gale left for Maine and met with the crew she would be working with for the next several days.

Days later, Gale and the crew set up camp at a swamp like area on the lake. She, the crocodile expert, the camera man, and the sheriff made their way through the forest. The hunter stayed behind and gazed out at the lake. As Gale and her team walked around, they heard a scream from the hunter. The sheriff ordered them to stay behind as he went to investigate the scream. Moments later, they heard gun fire and then the screams of the sheriff. Gale and the team knew they had to see if everything was okay. Gale saw blood everywhere and the sheriff's revolver on the ground. She reached down to pick it up and look inside to see how many bullets were left. The crocodile expert saw the rifle of the hunter on the ground and picked it up. The revolver only appeared to have five bullets left and the rifle appeared to have three more bullets left. Suddenly, they saw two large crocodiles appear out of the lake. "You better be filming this!" Gale yelled as she slapped the camera man on the shoulder. "Yes ma'am! I am!"

"Good now run like hell!"

The three began to run away but the large creatures chase right after. Gale knew that this was nothing like she had faced before. These were not humans, they could not simply die just by a gun shot or a couple stab wounds. This was something she had to use her skills and instincts to survive.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Learn More About
Gale Weathers
Read more about Gale Weathers at Wikipedia
Official Site: The Weinstein Company Links: Wikipedia Scream Wikia Answers

Lake Placid Crocodiles
Read more about Lake Placid Crocodiles at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Wikipedia Wikipedia

#3 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sorry for any gramatical errors or spelling errors. I know this is not one of my best and it may in fact be one of my worst. I was wanting to try something new with two unused characters. Also it was a bit of improv. A spur of the moment. This is an impromptu set-up. I mean I did a little research while I was writing it but most of it is made up on the spot.

I hope you enjoy.

#4 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Oh and this is not so much of a story of who can kill who, even though if the cros kill Gale it's over for her. For Gale it is if she can survive. She has the help of her camera man and a crocodile expert (who is armed with a rifle with 3 bullets). Gale has a revolver with 5. Can Gale survive or will she be torn apart by these man/woman eating crocs.

#5 D Magnum

D Magnum

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Playing Video Games, Listening to Music and Internet

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hmmm....I don't know if she can survive a bigger threat like this one. These crocodiles don't play around and kill their prey quickly.

#6 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

In the absence of a "Both Mangled And Killed" button, I have to go with *CHOMP*

#7 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Sorry for any gramatical errors or spelling errors. I know this is not one of my best and it may in fact be one of my worst. I was wanting to try something new with two unused characters. Also it was a bit of improv. A spur of the moment. This is an impromptu set-up. I mean I did a little research while I was writing it but most of it is made up on the spot.

I hope you enjoy.

If it helps your worst is much better than my best.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'll check out this match a bit later, but it looks good from a glance.

Sorry for any gramatical errors or spelling errors.

Heh, you can edit your current matches now, man, so there may not be a need for apologies. :D

#9 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Gale swallows! Wait....that was scary movie....

#10 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'll check out this match a bit later, but it looks good from a glance.

Heh, you can edit your current matches now, man, so there may not be a need for apologies. :D

I guess I really haven't used this improved CBUB yet but I will get the hang of it sooner or later.

#11 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Depending on how this ends, I already got an idea for a follow-up. Either way I got an idea. If Gale wins I have an idea and if the crocs get her, I have an idea. It may be another spur of the moment though.

#12 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

If it helps your worst is much better than my best.

Thank you for that and I hope you enjoyed it.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Good setup. As a fan of the Scream films I can tell you that damn reporter seems incapable of dying. Some how and some way Gale will survive the Crocs and with another miracle keep her story intact so she can tell to once again make another book.

#14 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

Incapable of dying from a normal man with a blade. Against these super-crocs... I got to go with option *CHOMP* :P Interesting match, and a Good set-up, Boratz.

#15 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Incapable of dying from a normal man with a blade. Against these super-crocs... I got to go with option *CHOMP* :P Interesting match, and a Good set-up, Boratz.

Thank you for you comment. I appreciate it. Well if it is true that she is incapable of dying then maybe the next set-up she'll have to survive someone else who is incapable of dying.

Good setup. As a fan of the Scream films I can tell you that damn reporter seems incapable of dying. Some how and some way Gale will survive the Crocs and with another miracle keep her story intact so she can tell to once again make another book.

Thank you for the comment. It is much appreciated. I guess we will see if she still has the factor of luck.

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Gale is one of those people in horror movies who keeps escaping death. If those people in the Lake Placid movie could survive then Gale who has more experience in these type of life and death situations when it comes to something trying to kill you will survive as well.

#17 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Did you know that the crocodile's jaws can actually be closed easily? The opening muscles are weak while the closing muscles are strong. I doubt Gale has the knowledge to take them on.

She gets eaten.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gale has a crocodile expert with her and the Sheriff. So she will have knowledge on how to avoid being chomped and how to get the hell out of there.

#19 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Another very good set-up, Boratz. Since I've never seen a whole Scream movie through, I don't know a thing about Gale, but even with a croc expert by her side, she's going to have a hell of a time surviving crocs that can do this:

#20 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Pro set-up man, rates an easy 'it's good'. I think Gale can take this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users