• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

John, Carter opened his eyes. "Oh, no, not again." He muttered to himself, he was laying in sand, but it wasn't red like that of Barsoom, it wasn't the first time he had been plucked from one world and deposited in another, still he wished he could have gotten a warning.

A burning smell wafted into his nostrils, and John's musings were cut short as he stood up, a hand on one of his swords. He looked around noticing several adobes like buildings, a few of them looked badly damaged and a few had smoke curling out of them, which must have been where the burning smell was coming from.

"Hello?" John called out, there was a coughing sound and John whirled around to see a figure stumble out of one of the huts, when the figure got into better light John could see that it was a young girl, she appeared to be human, she looked like a young teenager, with slightly tan skin and dark hair, she coughed a few times before going to her knees. "Easy, there. What happened?" John said dropping down to her level.

She looked at him with a soot stained face, "Who are you?" John thought for a minute, "John, Carter, of, well quite a few places actually. Where is this anyway?" the girl blinked, "This is Tattooine. And as for what happened here, the sand people came." John frowned, "Sand people?" She nodded, "They're savages, and they came down upon us without warning. They took my family and several others during the raid." She shuddered, "I hate to think what those monsters will do to them."

John nodded, determined. "Not if I find them." She looked at him like he was crazy, "Through the desert? On foot? You'll die." John shook his head, "I've been through deserts before, I've tracked things down in them too." She sighed, "Well if you're going to do this you'll need this." She handed him a canteen. John smiled, "Thank you. And don't worry; I'll bring your family back."

Without another word John Carter set out across the desert, he picked up the raiders trail easily enough, but the wind was quickly working to destroy all evidence of the raiders, John had to act quickly or any hope of finding them would be lost. He thought about where he was, it felt more like Earth than Mars, the gravity was about like Earth's, he wasn't able to leap great distances like on Barsoom, a thing he already sorely missed.

Night fell and John was already having trouble following the trail, the desert was becoming rockier and the low light conditions made tracking very difficult. Begrudgingly John admitted that he needed to stop for the night, he was in a canyon like area, looking around he walked up a steep incline till he was looking down into the canyon it was then that he spotted a faint flicker of light, could it be? John crept closer and froze, a horned figure stood guard over what was apparently a camp site. This had to be the raider's camp.

John drew in a breath before drawing his radium pistol and one of his swords, he didn't know how many of the enemy he faced but he hoped that the element of surprise would be enough to tip things to his advantage.

Fight is on, it's book version of John Carter vs. eight tusken raiders armed with rifles and gaffi sticks, John Carter is armed with a radium pistol, two swords and a dagger, he has to beat the tuskens and save their captives.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Learn More About
John Carter Of Mars
Read more about John Carter Of Mars at Wikipedia
Official Site: Edgar Rice Burroughs Links: Wikipedia Encyclopedia Barsoomia Phantombookshop

Tusken Raiders
Read more about Tusken Raiders at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm LTD Links: Tusken Raiders Wikipedia page Tusken StarWars.com page StarWars.com

#3 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Feedback is appreciated, been wanting to use John Carter in a match for awhile since I added him, now that he has a movie out more people know who he is now.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

The real battle is between davethecat bitching about how Disney should have never made a John Carter movie, and Mr. Plinkett bitching about how George Lucas should have never made the prequels.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well this is an interesting match up!

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well this is an interesting match up!

-Rakai'Thwei

Thanks Rakai, any thoughts on who'd win?

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Rakai, any thoughts on who'd win?

Honestly?

As awesome as John Carter is, and as skilled as he is... without the enhancements which he had on Barsoon due to the lighter gravitational pull which had granted him, for all intense and purposes, superhuman strength and possibly enhanced speed, I would say the Tusken Raiders pretty much have the advantage in numbers and possibly superior weapons in the rifles, so I am inclined to go with them.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Honestly?

As awesome as John Carter is, and as skilled as he is... without the enhancements which he had on Barsoon due to the lighter gravitational pull which had granted him, for all intense and purposes, superhuman strength and possibly enhanced speed, I would say the Tusken Raiders pretty much have the advantage in numbers and possibly superior weapons in the rifles, so I am inclined to go with them.

-Rakai'Thwei

Meh there not completely advanced... I mean in Episode I, made one or two bolts actually hit one of the podracers.

#9 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

The biggest advantage of the Tusken, is their superior numbers, and their superior skills.

#10 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

If John Carter is hardened, a bunch of natives would be no problem. Tusken Raiders are weak against hardened warriors and killers.

#11 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

If John Carter is hardened, a bunch of natives would be no problem. Tusken Raiders are weak against hardened warriors and killers.

Considering Anakin slaughtered them with ease, and one of them in Ep IV was scared of Obi Wan, I'd say that's accurate.

#12 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Considering Anakin slaughtered them with ease, and one of them in Ep IV was scared of Obi Wan, I'd say that's accurate.

Yes, because it's not like Anakin was especially skilled with a lightsaber, or had any special powers that might help him in a fight.[/sarcasm]

The Tusken raiders are extremely skilled warriors, used to working together.

John Carter has to beat 8 of them at once, while he does have suprise on his side, it simply won't be enough.
He'll probably manage to kill one or two of them with his ranged weapon, but then the rest will have either riddled him with bullets, or gotten into close quarter range, causing him to abandon his ranged assault and taking them on in melee, where he'll get ripped apart.

#13 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hmmmm, am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the guy is wearing a thong? I mean not even a decent loincloth... Going with the Tuskens here as well, 8-1 realistically means that the 8 will win, unless weapons or skill are drastically disparate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users