Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

(X-mansion December 15th, 2008)

With the Professor gone and the X-Men taking on more than they could handle, Wolverine and Cyclops were at each others throats over the direction of the team.

-Cyclops: "Logan, its out of the question! you're asking us to invade a government facility to gain allies, and whose to say we don't gain more enemies? Plus Im sure the US government would appreciate us invading their prisons".

-Wolverine: "Its a chance we have to take! There's only five of us left and magneto is getting allies out of the woodwork's".

-Cyclops: "Its a government prison for mutants. If we over-step our boundaries, we'll end up just like all of the prisoners there".

-Wolverine: "Haven't you ever heard the old saying about desperate times? Now inst the tim to be a boyscout!".

The two were face to face and tension was rising. Storm placed her hands on their shoulders to get their attention. However their eyes didn't budge from the glares they were shooting at each other. Wolverine stormed out of the room as he left for the Mutant Prison in Maine.

-Wolverine: "Anyone whose willing to be a real X-man and fight for our survival, knows where to find me".

Wolverine left the mansion and started towards Maine, where he planed on invading the government ran prison for mutants to gain allies and remake the X-Men. With most of the mutants being held for the crime of "being a mutant", Wolverine was more than happy to intervene in the governments corrupt system and take his chances on angering the US Government.

Storm, Cyclops, Rouge, and Gambit began to debate Wolverines actions back at the mansion.

-Cyclops: "Storm why wont you talk some sense into him. He's gonna take us all down with him!".

-Storm: "....Were in a bad way Scott. He's just looking out for the X-Men".

-Cyclops: "You agree with him... What about you two?".

Rouge and Gambit didn't speak and wouldn't make eye contact with Cyclops. Storm sat down with them and they all looked at Cyclops.

-Cyclops: "Ok... It looks like were going to Maine".

The X-Men boarded the X-Wing and headed for the prison. Twenty minutes later the arrived outside the gates and it appeared Wolverine hadn't made it there yet. As they got out of the plane, the X-Men are greeted by Captain America. He is with ten heavily armed soldiers and the warden of the Prison.

-Captain America: "You mind telling me what the X-Men are doing landing near a government facility holding mutants?".

-Cyclops: "Trust me Cap, I felt the same way less than an hour ago. We need people though. We cant battle the Brotherhood with the five of us that are left".

-Captain America: "I know exactly why you're here Cyclops. Fury already told me".

-Cyclops: "...He had the mansion bugged".

-Captain America: "Yes. Its a good thing to. I shutter to think about the choices you would have made if I hadn't met you here".

-Cyclops: "So what... Fury sent you here to take us down?".

-Captain America: "Not at all... Warden, I need you to release five of your most well behaved mutants into the custody of the X-Men".

-Warden: "What?! I wasn't told about this! You said you were here to stop the X-Men".

-Captain America: "I am stopping them. Release the mutants. That's an order".

Captain America stayed with the X-Men until the five new members were released. The X-Men gave their thanks to the Captain and headed back to New York. Captain America and his men returned to New York as well to inform Fury of which mutants were now apart of the X-Men.

On their way home, the X-Men could not contact Wolverine, who was slashing through the main gate of the facility as they tried to contact him. He took down all the guards outside of the prison then made his way in. The warden called more guards to the scene, but they were also defeated by the rage filled Wolverine. As the bodies piled up, Wolverine found himself face to face with the warden.

-Wolverine: "Imprisoning mutants for not being human... You people make me sick".

-Warden: "Please just let me explain to you that...".

-Wolverine: ""No need! Ill let my claws do the talking!".

Wolverine lunged at the warden who fell backwards and landed on the emergency release button that kept all the mutants imprisoned. The specialized cells opened and a mutant riot broke out in the prison. Wolverine ran from the room to make his escape, but was cut off by Cain Marco.

-Wolverine: "I don't have time for this Jugg head. Outt'a my way!".

-Cain: "You released us did'nt you?".

-Wolverine: "No... Ive gotta go".

-Cain: "Im gonna let you go... Just this once".

Wolverine caught glimpse of Cain walking into the wardens office on his way out the window. As he escaped, he heard the warden screaming for help. For a moment he considered saving him. Then he kept walking.

The next morning Wolverine walked through the doors of the X Mansion. He was met by Storm in the main hall.

-Storm: "Tell me that wasn't you Logan... The prison break".

-Wolverine: "Ok, I wont tell you".

-Storm: "Why Logan?! Are relations between mutants and the government not bad enough already?".

-Wolverine: "Im not here to debate politics Storm. Im getting my things and going back to Canada. Did you know they have a bill that protects mutants there? Sounds like my kind of place".

Just as Wolverine squeezed past Storm he was met by Cyclops, who had an angry look on his face. Wolverine attempted to walk past him, but Cyclops moved in front of him.

-Cyclops: "So you're running back to Canada when the X-Men need you the most? What about all that crap about looking out for the good of the X-Men?".

-Wolverine: "After what I seen in that prison, Im not only worried for mutant kind, Im ashamed to be an American for the first time in my life. This is what you've always wanted, to play team captain without anyone questioning you. Well congrats coach, teams all yours".

-Cyclops: "If you leave now, I never want to see you in this mansion again. It will no longer be your home".

-Wolverine: "It stopped being my home when Xavier died. You're like the smug step brother who got all of our fathers belongings. Ill be glad to watch you let the X-Men down. It might wipe that smug smile off Your face".

Wolverine then gathered his belongings and headed for Canada with many of his fellow mutants, including Rouge and Gambit. With an new X-Men forming, Wolverine decided to retire from saving the country who hated him for being what he was born as.

(June 30th, 2008)

As thing between America and Canada grew worse, many Americans wanted the US to invade Canada and take the mutants back into custody. Magneto continued to use Canada as his base, being protected by Canada's Mutant Rights Act. The longer the dangerous mutants stayed in Canada, the harder it was to protect America from a full mutant invasion. The government warned Canada that if they didn't reverse the law, that they would have to take action in order to protect Innocent American lives.

Canada refused to change the law, saying that "Mutants are people too", and they would not hand over innocent Canadians. Even if was ordered by the US Government. The US then formed a military team led by Captain America to invade Canada and bring the mutants to justice. As the soldiers headed out, the where met at the boarder by the Canadian militia. Violence soon broke out as the Canadians began to fire at the US soldiers. Cap took action and he and his team cut through the militia. As they began to hunt down and capture the mutants, the world news was focused on Canada's answer to the Army's invasion. They reported that Canada had formed its own powerful Army, and was ready to go head to head with Cap's forces.

As a news chopper captured footage of the Canadian army making its way towards the enemy, Cyclops and the "new X-Men" watched on from the mansion. When they zoomed in on who was leading the charge for Canada, Cyclops was caught off guard.

-Cyclops: "Oh no... It cant be!".

-Storm: "Whats going on Scott? Whats wrong?".

-Cyclops: "Its Logan!".

Wolverine was at the front of the herd, leading the Canadian army right towards Captain America's forces. When they got close, Wolverine gave his men the orders to go on without him. He ran off into a snowy wooded area and disappeared. As the Canadians approached the US Army, they began to fire their guns immediately. Captain America and his forces fought back and the Canadian Army began to yell for them to go home, and leave their country alone. Cap threw his shield and took out ten men, then he seen who he thought was Sabertooth run away in the distance. Cap rushed after him and chased him into the woods. As he tackled the monster to the ground, he realized that it was an impostor made to look like Sabertooth. Cap quickly realized that he was alone in the woods, away from his men.

-Captain America: "This was a trap wasn't it?".

-Canadian soldier: "No! I was just told to bring you to the woods! Our leader! He's the one who wants to fight you".

-Captain America: "Fine with me! Where is he?" (Cap lifted the man up in the air and was about to throw him).

-Wolverine: "Hey free bird! Why don't you pick on a Canadian your own size?".

-Captain America: "James? You fought with me in World War 2. This makes you a traitor!".

-Wolverine: "No Cap. I never turned my back on America, they turned their backs on me. On everyone like me as well. I love America, and its people... I just hate your government".

-Captain America: "Im here to bring down the dangerous mutants Logan. They want to hurt the Americans you claim to care about. Were saving the innocent".

-Wolverine: "Says the guy that was about to pummel a Canadian soldier for just doing his job?".

-Captain America: "No... Says the guy whose defending the safety of his country".
The two locked eyes as the prepared for battle in the snowy wood of Canada. On this day, only one hero would stand victorious in the name of their country and its people.

-Wolverine: "Then I guess you know where Im coming from".

The two locked eyes as the prepared for battle in the snowy wood of Canada. On this day, only one hero would stand victorious in the name of their country and its people.

Wolverine ran at Captain America with claws ready. Cap ran at him as well with his shield in hand.

Wolverine exposed his claws and Cap nodded at him as he wielded his shield.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Learn More About
Captain America
Read more about Captain America at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia: Captain America Marvel Database Project: Captain America Marvel.com: Captain America

Ultimate Wolverine
Read more about Ultimate Wolverine at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Marvel Comics Database Marvel Universe Wiki

#3 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Who let you back in?

#4 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Captain America would not invade Canada on behalf of the American Government.

#5 Guest_Square Pickle_*

Guest_Square Pickle_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Captain America would not invade Canada on behalf of the American Government.

He's not invading because the government told him to, he's invading because the "bad" mutants are all retreating to Canada and planing to attack the US all at once.

#6 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Who let you back in?

I never left. As for who gave me my old name back, that was Serge himself.

#7 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Also, Cain Marko is not a mutant, why was he in a mutant prison?

#8 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Also, Cain Marko is not a mutant, why was he in a mutant prison?

Ultimate Juggernaut/Cain Marko is a mutant.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Now I'm confused. Is this the Ultimate or 616 universe? As far as I can tell, this seems to be 616 Cap.

#10 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

ok set-up. I felt as if it bounced back and forth between the 616 and Ultimate universe. Ultimate Cap is more of a fighter and isn't part of the military. In 616 he is head of U.S Defense.

#11 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Pretty good set-up, SP, though as mentioned, there's confusion as to which Marvel universe is being referenced here, or if it's a mix of both the 616 and Ultimate universes.

As for the match, I'm initially going to assume that this is 616's Cap fighting Ultimate Wolverine (at least until it's stated otherwise). In which case, if Logan can manage to keep his feral rage in check, his and Cap's fighting skills are going to be virtually even, and Wolvie will eventually win from having the slightly superior stamina and far superior healing factor.

Steve, though, could possibly break Logan's claws (and maybe a bone or two) with an errant shield throw. Ultimate Adamantium has proven to be weaker than 616 Adamantium.

#12 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Just to clear things up, this is the Ultimate Universe with some 616 flavor.

-Cap is 616 with "Ultimate" Cap's skills.

-Wolverine is 100% Ultimate.

-The shield is 616.

#13 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

This pickle has more friends than Nickleback! Nice....

Did I read that wrong? Good set-up btw... Wolverine for the win, regeneration and a deadlier weapon...

#14 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

You read it right Wolf. Lol. Serge changed my name back to Square Pickle, so I dont need the name Tardauq anymore to show the level of Picklitude that Im running at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users