#1 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi All

Since I have been doing some work on the website, lately, I have been required to do a lot of work around the registration process and user accounts of Electric Ferret.

At this time, it does not appear to me that there is any kind of huge Multi-Accounting problem. There probably are a few - I've got my eye on a couple - but by and large it seems people stick with one account.

Accounts which appear to be Multi-Accounts I will simply lock, which means the accounts will no longer be able to Vote in FPL Matches or Rate other members in CBUB Matches. And those are pretty much the only two reasons I can think of to Multi-Account.

People with locked accounts can still Log In and PM Me on the message board in case the account has been incorrectly identified as a Multi-Account.

Locking is different than Banning. For instance, people that create an Electric Ferret account for the sole purpose of posting Ads and Spam get Banned. They are totally unwelcome here.

Anyways, all that aside, I really don't see any reason to have a Multi-Account. As part of a recent code release, the Points Available to create CBUB Matches was doubled for each rank. Even the crappiest scenario writer can now create plenty of matches to entertain themselves, if not others. There is no earthly reason to have Multi-Accounts intended to bump up your own FPA.

And what's the point anyways? What is the point of creating multiple accounts to Up-Rate your own FPA when you can create plenty of matches AND buy off the FPA scores that you don't like? An FPA is really something that is between you and the people who read your matches and if your FPA is low then all that means is you could write a little better.

If you dream of someday writing for novels, TV, Movies or Comics then you should work on your skills anyways.

In truth, I don't really care about CBUB Multi-Accounters. If you created another account to pump your FPA then you are just cheating yourself.

What I do care about are Multi-Accounters that create a separate account for the purpose of casting votes in FPL matches. You are cheating another actual player in that instance. That is a grave concern to me and if you do that, and I catch you, I will not look kindly upon you.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users