• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Actually I was talking about the new format in general of how matches are done. From the forums now you can see the links to wiki and more where as before you just saw the comments on the match. I wasn't talking about Guests voting.

#42 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hmm... The links were always there. They just weren't present, if you viewed them from the Forum. But neither was the set-up. How you'd be able to give an accurate comment in the past, without knowing what was going on in the fight, is beyond me...

#43 RJ_Raccoon

RJ_Raccoon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Anime,Movies,Cartoons

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Welll judging that Selene and Alice are known winners and the Gremilns and Critters have had their tuhkesses handed to them a lot I think we know who's gonna win here

#44 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Some people went directly to the forums and not the actually match I think. Thats why we would have people saying they didn't vote or making it obvious they didn't read the setup.

As far as Guests are concerned them being allowed to vote hopefully encourages more people to join the site. I liked the previous CBUB where we had alot more people voting and partcipating in commenting on matches.

#45 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Some people went directly to the forums and not the actually match I think. Thats why we would have people saying they didn't vote or making it obvious they didn't read the setup.

Heh. True. I recall having to tell people it wasn't a fight on occasion. It is convenient, that's for sure. Not sure how I feel about the "Guests," but activity should increase from it. We've had some "Guest" posts already.

#46 Guest_DRob_*

Guest_DRob_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Ok. Good news is, you can only vote once as a "Guest." The bad news, if you create an account, you can evidently vote twice on each match.

#47 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Oh yea thats actually true Rob.Thats interesting and maybe you should not have pointed that out..... :P

#48 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Heh. Yeah... Whoops. :blush:

#49 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm going with the ladies.

#50 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I like the new format! Now we can see the set-up and the replies at the same time!

Great Job, Serge!

#51 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hmmm... It also appears that now every registered user can rate matches. If that's the case, I wonder how long it's going to last.

Personally, I always liked that a user had to earn the right to rate. I mean, what better way to teach the newer users how to rate? In the past, I've seen several users rate matches strictly on the matchup, instead of on the quality of the story.

#52 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hmmm... It also appears that now every registered user can rate matches. If that's the case, I wonder how long it's going to last.

Personally, I always liked that a user had to earn the right to rate. I mean, what better way to teach the newer users how to rate? In the past, I've seen several users rate matches strictly on the matchup, instead of on the quality of the story.

Eh? Really? If so, then that's a bug. Please post it in the Bug Forum where I go looking for things to fix.

Thanks!

#53 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Oh, my bad. I was thinking this might have been a new change implemented, heh.

But yeah, I only have three completed matches to my name, and the "Rate It" option is above this very match and comments as I type this. I just rated it "OK", and nothing blocked me from doing so. Whether or not it actually registered as a grade, or if it's just a glitch through my comp, I can't be sure.

#54 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

This works alot better than any of the other board weve ever had on here. Rakai is right though... It just doesnt "feel right". It works great, buy it doesnt feel like Im writing on EF, it feels like Im making comments on Facebook.

#55 Guest_zoot_suit_riot_*

Guest_zoot_suit_riot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

This works alot better than any of the other board weve ever had on here. Rakai is right though... It just doesnt "feel right". It works great, buy it doesnt feel like Im writing on EF, it feels like Im making comments on Facebook.

Switch to the "Tropical" skin by using the Change Theme widget at the bottom of the page. That will cure you of the feeling you are on Facebook.

#56 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Switch to the "Tropical" skin by using the Change Theme widget at the bottom of the page. That will cure you of the feeling you are on Facebook.

Heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users