Photo
- - - - -

Match 10934 Molecule Man and Iceman vs. Firestorm and The Flash (Barry Allen)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

“Okay Ladies and Gentleman it’s been 3 days since Shield and the Sword have heard from the Avengers. Last thing they know is the Avengers went to check out 40 disappearances in a small town near Colorado. The Avengers have not reported back or been heard from since. Steve Rogers who sent a team there has requested our immediate help. Now from the looks of the situation this is going to be very dangerous as whatever took out or captured the Avengers team Steve sent is a threat we need to be absolutely sure we are prepared for. Now any questions?” Cyclops said this as he looked at his X-Men team who at the moment didn’t respond and were ready to spring into action. “Mission is a go in 2 hours so be prepped and ready to go”

3 Hours Later……..

The X-Jet landed in the parking lot of a restaurant in Newsboro which was the name of the town as Storm, Iceman, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Cyclops Juggernaut, and Gambit exited the plane. “So we got any ideas as to what kind of powerful thread could take out someone like Red Hulk and the rest of the Avengers?” said Storm as the X-Men walked through the town carefully looking for clues. Wolverine stopped as his senses had picked up something. Wolverine sniffed the air as he picked up a familiar threat he had not smelt in a long time. “Oh crap I think I know who did this. I hope to god I came wrong or we are very much in deep trouble” said, Wolverine as he popped his claws. “Who we talking here Logan. How bad we talking?” said Cyclops as he ordered the team to stop as he felt something weird around. “Try………” Wolverine’s words were cut off as Cyclops exploded in front of him. “Scott?!!!” Emma roared in anger as she switched to diamond form but before she could fully transform she was ripped apart by the same dangerous power as her entire body was destroyed as well. Colossus before he could switch to Juggernaut yelled in fear. Peter stared in horror at his dead family who appeared in front of him as they blamed him for everything. Colossus then relived their deaths as they kept dying in front of him. To make matters worse Colossus was unable to move as if his entire body didn’t understand the concept of it. The rest of the X-Men team but Iceman exploded as they were disinigrated similar to Cyclops. Iceman dropped on the ground in shock, anger, fear, and so many emotions running through him.

Molecule Man stepped in front of Iceman with his arms folded with an evil grin. “Well… Well… Bobby Drake congrats you are the last surviving member of your team. I am sorry about your comrades but they needed to be put out of the equation. I have big plans for you so let us continue as I will tell you my plans for when I rule this world” Molecule Man said this with a grin as Iceman looked up with a angry expression as he boiled in anger. “No matter what you do Molecule Man you will be stopped. I already sent a distress call back to the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Alpha Flight, and every superhero team on the plan with a touch of button on my belt. Somebody is going to answer.” Iceman said this as he was prepared for whatever Molecule Man had planned for him. “Oh Bobby I that was not a wise decision. You see now you’re going to be responsible for the deaths of countless superheroes. Let them come as they will see I am not the same person and I am more powerful than ever.” Molecule Man said this as he rearranged the molecules of Iceman’s mind. Iceman now was his to control and he now had one more Omega Level mutant added to his army that was his.

Weeks Later………

A portal opened as Firestorm and Flash arrived in Newsboro near Colorado where the town was located. Both JLA members had been sent by Batman and Superman of the JLA who were currently at a meeting with the rest of the superheroes at the Baxter Building to do some prep on the area for any leads as to where be Molecule Man’s base where he was hiding in the town. The JLA had been called for help by Reed Richards as the few heroes they had managed to reach were out of there league and would be get slaughtered when it came to facing Molecule Man.” Okay so what do we know about this guy?” said Flash has he super speed around the area and did some scouting. “His ability has something to do with controlling and manipulating molecules. That’s main idea of his ability. Who knows what he is truly capable of?” The two JLA members would find out soon as the Molecule Man and Iceman appeared before them both with a sly and evil grin. Molecule Man’s base was right behind them. “Well looks like we found what we were looking for. However we also found Molecule Man. Got any ideas on how to take this guy down?” said Flash. “Now but I know Iceman of the X-Men would never join him and is a good person. We have to take him down though and can’t take any chances. Leave Molecule Man to me and you deal with Iceman Flash” said Firestorm as they prepped for battle. “Oh I guess we are skipping straight to the fight part. Big mistake fellas. Don’t know who either of you are but you’re as good as dead as the rest of them.” Firestorm and Flash got ready for battle. “We will see about that said Flash.

-----------------------------

Molecule Man (This is him from Dark Reign where he took battled the Dark Avengers)
Iceman (Lets say this is current Iceman)

vs

Firestorm (Pre-Reboot)
The Flash - Barry Allen (Pre Reboot)

Are Firestorm and Flash enough to put down Molecule Man along with Iceman who is under his control after having the molecules in his mind changed around for good? Or does Molecule Man defeat another group of heroes who are once again trying to stop him?

Let the battle begin

#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Wtf is Iceman doing here?

#3 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Molecule man wins with ease by himself, he doesn't need anybody. What can Firestorm or Flash do to him that he doesn't allow them to do? Molecule man should be listed as a cosmic entity yet he isn't. Even the Living Tribunal in the Secret wars said make way for him. He'd stop Doomsday with no problem for example. If you have molecules then you are done.He could wipe Doomsday away in a second if he wanted to. He's just so far above these guys in power.

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Flash can take Molecule Man out easily.

While Molecule Man is absurdly powerful, he has the same weakness as a lot of Marvel's high-end(human) characters. His speed(and reaction time) is that of a regular human.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad somebody realizes that Team 2 can win also.

#6 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yeah they can DEPENDING on what they do, of course they can yet even if he took him out and didn't kill him then what? Molecule man turns the guy into dust. Team Two, if they get the element of surprise may do something yet really if Molecule man has the chance even with slow reaction time he'd stomp and you know it. Yeah Team 2 CAN win but they won't. There's no way they could unless Molecule man was killed before he could move and I doubt that.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

As long as you understand either team can win and its not a stomp match I am good. Just remember Flash has the speed force so who knows if Molecule Man wouldn't run into trouble with that.

By the way your forgetting Firestorm has many powerful abilities as well which includes density control which one aspect of it is control over molecules, another ability is molecular reconstruction, and so many other abilities.

#8 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yes he may yet that isn't to the same degree that the molecule man has. If you wrote this wanting team 2 to win then say you are PRO team two which you sound like you are. Overall it seems that a lot of people here are actually PRO DC and with that I think it leads to BIAS. Like nothing in the universe can beat Superman yet everybody wants to talk about everything but what has beat him. Same thing here with the Molecule man. The guy is on the level of a cosmic entity with what he does. The speed force isn't on that level. Yes flash can do a lot with it and Firestorm has his capability, yet if you are going to set up a battle of like this to only have it favor the DC characters and continue to show that bias then why have the battle? Perhaps you honestly do want to see honest opinions on who would win yet I dunno, I think you don't. I am not trying to start anything and I know this argument has been brought up before because people don't want to be seen as PRO dc or PRO marvel. I actually am neither yet I do see it as hard to believe some of the support some characters get no matter WHAT they are up against to the point of the only logic accepted is the logic of certain people who comment and are supposedly 'respected'.

In any situation of course anybody could beat anybody unless its an extreme situation. Such as people making battles that have someone going up against Superman and they have kryptonite with them. Why have the fight if there is a trump card already? Even with this setup it doesn't sound like something that the molecule man would do or care to do actually. In his past we know he wanted to be left alone to live a normal life. I know in this situation he was evil or whatever yet why even use Iceman at all? I know because it's your setup. He can create ICE on his own on a GRANDER scale than Iceman ever could even with his mutant powers. There isn't anything here to say that there would be much surprise if any so of course Flash is going to come running out of thin air and he's so fast that Molecule man can't even see him right? Whatever, if he knows he is coming speed or no speed he's done as well as firestorm, Molecule man can zap them out of existence if he wants to. Yeah team 2 COULD win yet they have just too tall of an order with the Molecule man's power.

#9 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

okay, lets break this down a bit.

Firestorm is going for Molecule man, and Flash is going for Iceman.

In the time it takes Flash to incapacitate Iceman, Molecule man and Firestorm will have engaged in combat, with neither of them really gaining the upper hand, due to their powers pretty much negating each other.

Enter Flash who will knock Molecule man out, since he's got a normal human physique, which means he doesn't have faster than light reflexes, or any enhanced durability.

#10 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

God sometimes Anu you either take things the wrong way or don't pay attention. You said Molecule Man wins with ease as if this were some time of stomp match. I am correcting you and letting you know the abilities of everyone before you say anyone wins easily.

Nobody is Pro anything. I am merely letting you know to think about everyone's powers first and abilities. Your free to vote who you please on who would win.

#11 Magickal

Magickal

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Molecule Man solos easily. Team 2's only chance would have been if Molecule Man was unaware of them to start. Seeing as how in the set-up team 1 appeared in front of team 2, Molecule Man is already prepared.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Remember Molecule Man is ready to face superheroes though he doesn't know exactly what heroes were gone be sent after him. So Team 2 has a chance because he doesn't know there abilities exactly.

#13 Magickal

Magickal

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

It wouldn't matter. Without some silly plot device, Molecule Man would already have complete control over team 2's bodies before he appeared in front of them. MM can atomize them at will and there isn't anything they can do about it without the element of surprise. He's just too powerful for team 2 to beat without some serious PIS.

#14 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Firestorm also has molecular control, which will pretty much negate Molecule man's power.

#15 Magickal

Magickal

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

...and Spiderman has superstrength-that doesn't mean that he's a match for the Hulk. MM's power and control is on the level of the Beyonder, Galactus, Celestials etc. Can Firestorm say the same?

#16 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

no, however Molecule man isn't going to bring out that level of power immediately, since he doesn't know the powers of the people whom he's up against, he'll just use his regular level of power, which Firestorm Can defend against.

And in the time it takes Molecule man to realise that Flash and Firestorm isn't just removed from existance by his power, Flash will have already knocked him unconcious and reduced Iceman to icecubes.

#17 Magickal

Magickal

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Except MM surprised them, not the other way around, so he would already have shielded himself from anything the Flash could hope to hit him with. Flash would never touch him and MM would easily overpower FIrestorm.

#18 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Molecule Man has absolutely no clue who they are, nor what they are capable of.

Thus he won't have shielded himself any more than his usual shields, which will be ineffective against the raw power that Flash can bring to bear, especially with Firestorm distracting him.

In the split second it'll take Flash to take care of Iceman, Molecule man might have managed to fired one blast of against Firestorm, which will then have been blocked.

Then as he's powering up further to try and take care of Firestorm with a more powerful blast, his shields will be completely destroyed and he'll be knocked out by Flash.

#19 Magickal

Magickal

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

He can make shields that can tank anything team 2 can dish out as easily as the Flash could run a 40 yard dash. It would take no effort on MM's part. Of course if it were truly realistic, relative to all of their powers, MM would scatter team 2's atoms without them ever knowing they were in a fight. Of course, that wouldn't make for much of a setup. Since MM bothered to show up and fight face to face, it's more believable, considering how powerful he is, that he'd be plenty shielded to stop team 2.

#20 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

He can make shields that can tank anything from team two, however, considering that he has absolutely no clue who they are, nor what they are capable of, he is going to go with his usual M.O.

Which will be shields that are not sufficiently powerful to tank the attack from team two.

And again, no, if this were realistic, then he would try to scatter their molecules, however he would get blocked by Firestorm, because he wouldn't be using sufficient power.

When Molecule man is in combat, he does not go for the most powerful attack immediately, he generally starts off with a fairly low level blast (compared to the level of power that Firestorm and Flash is used to deal with at least), to scare his opponent away, however Flash is capable of dodging it, since Molecule man is not directly affecting him, and Firestorm is easily capable of tanking the attack.

At that point, Molecule man will realize that he will probably have to bring out the big guns, and he'll then be knocked out, since he is just a regular human, which means his thought process moves incredibly slow compared to Flash.

In the time it takes Molecule Man to realize that his opponents are more powerful than he anticipated and that they are actually capable of giving him a challenge, Flash will have already ended the fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users